inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Musicals

Written By: Katluver on 09/12/14 at 3:28 am

:)

Subject: Re: Musicals

Written By: gibbo on 09/12/14 at 4:52 am

This may (or may not) surprise some ... but I really like most musicals.  I went for the Sound of Music ... just because it is a family movie and is an all time classic. I still remember my parents taking me to see it in the 60's.

The list missed many great and popular musicals. The glaring omission was Phantom of the Opera.  Others I enjoyed were Oklahoma, Carousel, The Music Man, Brigadoon, Singin' in the Rain, Calamity Jane, High Society, Camelot and even the musical without much musical talent Paint Your Wagon.

Oh ... and how could I forget The Rocky Horror Picture Show!  .... and don't get me started on the 30+ Elvis movies.  ::)

Subject: Re: Musicals

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/12/14 at 10:26 am

I can't answer this. I have been a fan of musicals since I can remember. I was told that a very young age, I would stand in front of the record player saying, "Dolly" until someone turned on the record of "Hello Dolly." (So, my childhood nickname became Dolly.) There are too many. Some of my favorites (I'm talking about the play and not necessarily the movie):

(no order)
-Hello Dolly
-Phantom of the Opera
-Evita
-Man of LaMancha
-Fiddler on the Roof
-Company
-A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum
-Hair
-Cabaret
-Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
-Celebration (that I'm sure not too many people have even HEARD of)

There are so many more. 

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...