inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Nickelodeon shows

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/18/14 at 3:45 pm

Hey everyone, what are your fav Nickelodeon shows? It can be past or present.

Subject: Re: Favorite Nickelodeon shows

Written By: yelimsexa on 10/20/14 at 7:08 am

Basically any show released prior to 1999 (even the "bad" ones) and the current TMNT series. Wild Thornberrys was probably the last Nick show I liked, and even that isn't quite as good as the early-mid '90s Nick shows. When The Brothers Flub and Spongebob came out in '99, I tuned out except for when Double Dare 2000 came on, and I didn't watch anything again until 2012 when the new TMNT series came out, and is still the only Nick Show I watch due to the heavy Spongebob pollution ongoing in their schedule. I've read somewhere that Spongebob takes up 43 out of 50 prime programming spots!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/20/14 at 10:19 am

Basically any show released prior to 1999 (even the "bad" ones) and the current TMNT series. Wild Thornberrys was probably the last Nick show I liked, and even that isn't quite as good as the early-mid '90s Nick shows. When The Brothers Flub and Spongebob came out in '99, I tuned out except for when Double Dare 2000 came on, and I didn't watch anything again until 2012 when the new TMNT series came out, and is still the only Nick Show I watch due to the heavy Spongebob pollution ongoing in their schedule. I've read somewhere that Spongebob takes up 43 out of 50 prime programming spots!
I know. It's sad. I understand Spongebob is a great show, but when it's shown every time it can be a problem especially if the network dont even air most of the recent shows during primetime. I have seen Nickelodeon's schedule and I barely see any of the new shows on there, except for the weekends.

Written By: Howard on 10/20/14 at 2:47 pm

I loved Nickelodeon during the 1990's when they had  "You Can't Do That On Television".

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/20/14 at 2:54 pm

I loved Nickelodeon during the 1990's when they had  "You Can't Do That On Television".
I heard it was one of the best shows Nickelodeon ever had on its channel.

Written By: Howard on 10/20/14 at 3:25 pm

I heard it was one of the best shows Nickelodeon ever had on its channel.

It sure was.  :)

Written By: Sita0 on 10/20/14 at 4:08 pm

I know. It's sad. I understand Spongebob is a great show, but when it's shown every time it can be a problem especially if the network dont even air most of the recent shows during primetime. I have seen Nickelodeon's schedule and I barely see any of the new shows on there, except for the weekends.

Spongebob was okay at the beginning.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/20/14 at 5:43 pm

Spongebob was okay at the beginning.
until the writers and producers changed the entire format.

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/20/14 at 7:54 pm

Old school shows.  ;)

For the cartoons: Rocko, Ren & Stimpy, Rugrats, Real Monsters, Doug.

Not cartoons: Are You Afraid of the Dark? All That, Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple.

For later shows Wild Thornberries was good, but I didn't like Rugrats All Grown Up.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/21/14 at 5:02 am

Old school shows.  ;)

Not cartoons: Are You Afraid of the Dark? All That, Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple.

For later shows Wild Thornberries was good, but I didn't like Rugrats All Grown Up.
I watched that show before and it didn't do well as the original.

Written By: Howard on 10/21/14 at 3:12 pm

Old school shows.  ;)

I watched that show all the time, just to see someone get slimed. ;D

Written By: amjikloviet on 11/16/14 at 6:51 pm

The last time I watched Nickelodeon was in 1995. My sister and I use to watch Clarissa Explains it All.

Written By: Ripley on 02/28/15 at 8:31 pm

I enjoyed every show in the 90's. And Zoey 101 and Drake & Josh from the 00's.

Check for new replies or respond here...