inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Not into Christmas

Written By: sporty on 12/05/14 at 10:19 am

Even as a kid I didn't get the fuss about Christmas. Sure, I love the presents and the decorations, but I generally prefer having birthday parties and Valentine's day is definitely my favorite festive. I also think New years' Eve is more important as it welcomes a new year and you can decide to change your life for the better. What do you guys think?

Subject: Re: Not into Christmas

Written By: meesa on 12/05/14 at 4:13 pm

Yule is a nice time, but not my favorite holiday. I love springtime (Beltane) and especially autumn (Samhain). But that is just me.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/05/14 at 5:11 pm

What I like about Christmas? The decorations, the music (in moderation), & being with family.

What I hate about Christmas is all the hype. BUY, BUY, BUY!!!! They want you to buy crap that is made in China for people who really don't want it. They build it up and then most people are disappointed on Christmas because it is not this FANTASTIC day like it is supposed to be. And there are many people who are FORCED to deal with their families who are not exactly...well...lets just say that some people would prefer not to spend the holidays with their families.

Many years ago, we told the kids, don't BUY us anything. But, we will always accept photos and/or gifts that were made. To me, having a picture that my grandchild drew means so much more to me than anything they can buy.

And I REALLY hate it how they try to turn Hanukkah into the "Jewish Christmas." Hanukkah is a minor holiday in the Jewish faith but since it falls close to Christmas...well...you get it. 

I also hate the fact that most people don't know what the TRUE meaning of Christmas is-and no it is not the birth of Jesus. That actually took place in the summer I believe. It is the Pagan celebration of Yule-or the Winter Solstice.

BAH HUMBUG!!!!

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/06/14 at 7:03 am

Christmas is a fun time to spend with friends and family and just enjoy some good food and egg nog, that's the good part.

The bad part is supermarkets put Christmas items on sale a few months even before the holiday even begins.  ::)

Written By: KatanaChick on 12/08/14 at 4:07 am

Christmas was never the best time of the year. Always drama at home over...not much. That's what I never liked about it. This year I don't know what I'm doing, but I have to find some chocolates to send an online friend. Other years I sent jewelry I made to a couple people. It's fun doing that. People should be happy to have a quiet day at home or nice dinner, not rush the stores and kill eachother over items that don't matter.  ::)

Written By: sporty on 12/08/14 at 6:14 am

Yeah perhaps I don't like it because my dad is verbally and emotionally abusive towards my mom and us.

Written By: Howard on 12/08/14 at 2:46 pm

People should be happy to have a quiet day at home or nice dinner, not rush the stores and kill eachother over items that don't matter.  ::)

I know what you mean Katana, holidays were supposed to be spent with friends and family. The meaning of the holidays is gone. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...