inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which decade do you think had the prettiest girls?

Written By: ArcticFox on 01/28/15 at 3:26 pm

Celebrities, not real people. Both in TV and movies. For me, it's the '90s. The mid to late '90s. I really like girls such as Sarah Michelle Gellar (of course!), Gwen Stefani, Katie Holmes, Drew Barrymore, Alyson Hannigan, Charisma Carpemter, Tori Spelling, Rose McGowan, Tina Arena, the 702 girls, the TLC girls, Jennifer Love-Hewitt, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Mariah Carey.

It's probably because of the makeup and fashion that was cool at the time (short skirts, go-go boots, tight pants, low heel shoes, etc.), but I really liked the female celebrities of that time. As a matter of fact, I haven't found anyone in modern times even close to being as attractive as the girls of the '90s, and I'm a 19 year old boy!

Subject: Re: Which decade do you think had the prettiest girls?

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/28/15 at 6:33 pm

Celebrities, not real people. Both in TV and movies. For me, it's the '90s. The mid to late '90s. I really like girls such as Sarah Michelle Gellar (of course!), Gwen Stefani, Katie Holmes, Drew Barrymore, Alyson Hannigan, Charisma Carpemter, Tori Spelling, Rose McGowan, Tina Arena, the 702 girls, the TLC girls, Jennifer Love-Hewitt, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Mariah Carey.

It's probably because of the makeup and fashion that was cool at the time (short skirts, go-go boots, tight pants, low heel shoes, etc.), but I really liked the female celebrities of that time. As a matter of fact, I haven't found anyone even close to being as attractive as the girls of the '90s, and I'm a 19 year old boy!

Oooh...I've never really thought about it, but you may be right about the 90's and famous fashionistas. Don't forget En Vogue! Today's stars color their hair everything in the rainbow and what's up with some of the tacky outfits?  :o

Written By: ArcticFox on 01/28/15 at 6:58 pm

Don't forget about Tyra Banks, Courteney Cox, Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, Angelina Jolie, Brandy, Monica, Aaliyah (although her clothes were waaay to baggy), INOJ, Janet Jackson, the SWV girls, and Katherine Heigl.

Oooh...I've never really thought about it, but you may be right about the 90's and famous fashionistas. Don't forget En Vogue! Today's stars color their hair everything in the rainbow and what's up with some of the tacky outfits?  :o

Yeah, celebrity fashion is really freaky these days. Thankfully, normal girls don't wear that kind of stuff.

Written By: loki 13 on 01/28/15 at 7:39 pm

The 1940's.....the 30's, 40's and 50's were the most glamorous of all but to limit it to a single decade I
will have to chose the 40's. Christine McIntyre, Lauren Bacall, Gene Tierney, Ingrid Bergman, Hedy Lamarr,
Rita Hayworth and many, so many more. Definitely the 40's.

Written By: Howard on 01/29/15 at 2:46 pm

I'm going to say the 1970's.

http://junkboxtreasures.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/1970s-fashion-women-disco.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 01/29/15 at 5:29 pm

If I were a straight guy, mid to late 90s.  :D

Written By: Howard on 01/30/15 at 8:04 am

The 1980's.

http://cdnpix.com/show/imgs/a03077ab90a7cdfdaa72830632acd3dc.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/30/15 at 8:06 am

I'm going to say the 1970's.

http://junkboxtreasures.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/1970s-fashion-women-disco.jpg

The 1980's.

http://cdnpix.com/show/imgs/a03077ab90a7cdfdaa72830632acd3dc.jpg
Make your mind up?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/30/15 at 8:40 am

Make your mind up?  ;D

Can I say both?

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 02/16/15 at 7:26 pm

The 70's.

Written By: winteriscoming on 02/19/15 at 12:13 am

I'm going to have to say this decade. Thing is there are some things that bring it down, like too many girls who are way too fat or skinny, or have way too many tattoos and piercings. Still, the most beautiful women today are more stunning than any women in history in my opinion!

Written By: ArcticFox on 02/19/15 at 8:12 am

I agree the '70s had a lot of very beautiful women. Oh, and about the '90s, don't forget about Neve Campbell!

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/19/15 at 10:03 am

I agree the '70s had a lot of very beautiful women. Oh, and about the '90s, don't forget about Neve Campbell!

YES for me the 70s and 90s

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/19/15 at 10:14 am

Every decade. Each one have many beautiful women.

Cat

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/27/15 at 5:53 pm

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/09/ShesSoUnusual1984.PNG

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/24/15 at 11:56 pm

I'm going to have to go earlier, like the 30-50s, like the Golden Age of Hollywood. I think everyone, even the common folk, looked great.

Written By: Howard on 03/25/15 at 2:44 pm

I will have to say the early 1980's.

Check for new replies or respond here...