inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Reboots Of Movies

Written By: Ripley on 01/12/16 at 9:48 am

With so many reboots being talked about what are some that have actually been good?

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003
Dawn of the Dead 2004
The Fog 2005
Friday the 13th 2009
Evil Dead 2013

Subject: Re: Reboots Of Movies

Written By: mqg96 on 01/12/16 at 9:52 am

I don't know if this one counts, but it's a reboot of a TV series turned into a movie.

http://www.hercampus.com/sites/default/files/2015/09/19/21-jump-street-poster-artwork.jpg

Written By: mqg96 on 01/12/16 at 9:55 am

Any of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies that have been successful versions of previous failed attempts.

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/12/16 at 10:18 am

A Spawn reboot is being considered. I kind of have my hopes up for that.

Just to point this out, the TV series had a nice message but Kung Fu Panda is ridiculously uncreative.

Written By: Ripley on 01/12/16 at 12:50 pm

Speaking of TV to silver screen, the Batman movies were great. Batman, Batman Returns and Batman Forever. I didn't care fro Batman & Robin. I'm not a fan of the Christian Bale remakes. And I won't be watching the Ben Affleck ones. Mainly because I can't stand him. Lol

Written By: snozberries on 01/12/16 at 9:43 pm

I actually liked rob zombie's Halloween.

I also liked Texas chainsaw massacre & dawn of the dead

Creed as an excellent reimagining of Rocky 1  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 01/13/16 at 4:20 am

I liked the 2011 version of Footloose
I also liked the 2012 Total Recall better than the 1990 original with Arnold Schwarzenegger.  In the original, Sharon Stone plays Quaid's wife and Michael Ironside plays the villain chasing him.  In the remake, Kate Beckinsale plays both parts.  I thought that was way cooler!

I don't know if this one counts, but it's a reboot of a TV series turned into a movie.

21 Jump Street wasn't a reboot.  It was a continuation that takes place in the same timeline as the TV series:  Johnny Depp and Peter DeLuise cameo as the characters they played on the TV series and in the sequel (22 Jump Street), Dustin Nguyen and Richard Greico cameo as their characters from the TV series.

Written By: snozberries on 01/13/16 at 4:37 am

I liked the 2011 version of Footloose
I also liked the 2012 Total Recall better than the 1990 original with Arnold Schwarzenegger.  In the original, Sharon Stone plays Quaid's wife and Michael Ironside plays the villain chasing him.  In the remake, Kate Beckinsale plays both parts.  I thought that was way cooler!

21 Jump Street wasn't a reboot.  It was a continuation that takes place in the same timeline as the TV series:  Johnny Depp and Peter DeLuise cameo as the characters they played on the TV series and in the sequel (22 Jump Street), Dustin Nguyen and Richard Greico cameo as their characters from the TV series.

And holly Robinson Peet

Written By: 80sfan on 01/13/16 at 5:30 am

I actually liked rob zombie's Halloween.

I also liked Texas chainsaw massacre & dawn of the dead

Creed as an excellent reimagining of Rocky 1  ;D

Fair enough. I liked his Halloween II (2009) more though.

I found that 2007's Halloween had great imagery and story telling, but the verbal part of the script was a bit over the top for me.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/13/16 at 5:31 am

With so many reboots being talked about what are some that have actually been good?

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003
Dawn of the Dead 2004
The Fog 2005
Friday the 13th 2009
Evil Dead 2013

I actually liked 2009's Friday the 13th too.

Written By: mqg96 on 01/13/16 at 6:28 am

interesting

Written By: nally on 01/13/16 at 12:39 pm

I liked the 1998 remake of Parent Trap.

Written By: Ripley on 01/13/16 at 12:50 pm

Yeah that was good.

Written By: mqg96 on 01/13/16 at 2:12 pm

Damn I completely forgot there was an old version of that movie! ;D

Written By: nally on 01/13/16 at 2:15 pm

Damn I completely forgot there was an old version of that movie! ;D

Yep, the original was from 1961. In that version, Joanna Barnes played the part of the wicked woman (a main character); in the 1998 remake, she played the part of the wicked woman's mother (a minor character; only appears in one scene). Both characters, incidentally, were named Vicky!

Written By: Howard on 01/13/16 at 3:11 pm

Wasn't that with Lindsey Lohan? ???

Written By: nally on 01/13/16 at 4:25 pm

Wasn't that with Lindsey Lohan? ???

Yes, it was her first major starring role.

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/16 at 7:42 am

Fair enough. I liked his Halloween II (2009) more though.

I found that 2007's Halloween had great imagery and story telling, but the verbal part of the script was a bit over the top for me.

interestingly enough... I hated both Halloween IIs... the original and Zombie's version

Written By: snozberries on 01/14/16 at 7:43 am

I actually liked 2009's Friday the 13th too.

I didn't mind the new Nightmare on Elm Street with Jackie Earle Haley as Freddy Kruger

Check for new replies or respond here...