inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TV Service Providers

Written By: Ripley on 02/09/16 at 2:09 pm

With all the different ways to watch TV shows now, I'm wondering what all everyone uses. If its Netflix, Crackle, Hulu or some other online or phone form than that's cool. But I'm old when it comes to watching TV. I still use cable/satellight. I don't even like digital. And I miss when there were 100 channels, not 2,000. Not all is affordable or even worth it. Since becoming an adult its amazing just how many new channels that have come about. I've had Cox basic and digital, att uverse, Dish Network and currently Direct TV. I think there are others now as well. But there are some that retired a long time ago. I miss having 1 of each movie channel at a low cost, not expensive bundles. And the local channels always being free. Pay per view is way different too. While I like the music channels, Sonic and Music Choice, I hate having so many ESPNs. Point is, whatever service we all have, the old days were much better be it satellight or cable.

Subject: Re: TV Service Providers

Written By: mqg96 on 02/09/16 at 2:54 pm

I've have Charter digital cable and internet. I always use Netflix for TV shows.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/16 at 3:01 pm

It is cable television for me, I will not give the suppliers name, and avoid Netflix.

Written By: Howard on 02/09/16 at 4:36 pm

I use Netflix, Hulu and sometimes Crackle.

Written By: nally on 03/01/16 at 6:26 pm

Verizon FIOS, with plenty of High-definition channels.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/01/16 at 6:29 pm

My family were Verizon FiOS customers since 2010.

Written By: nally on 03/01/16 at 6:32 pm

My family were Verizon FiOS customers since 2010.

Cool! We've had ours since 2008; before that, we had Time Warner, which had been a different company before it merged with TW.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/01/16 at 6:41 pm

Cool! We've had ours since 2008; before that, we had Time Warner, which had been a different company before it merged with TW.

I also had Time Warner Cable before my family switched. It was pretty cool before they f*cked up my cable and Internet services around October of 2010.

Written By: nally on 03/01/16 at 6:44 pm

I also had Time Warner Cable before my family switched. It was pretty cool before they f*cked up my cable and Internet services around October of 2010.

TW also raised their rates on everything around 2007/2008 which is why we dumped them.

Just a couple years ago, TW launched a "SportsNetLA" channel for Los Angeles-area residents, and that became the exclusive home for Dodger baseball games (except for those that were nationally televised, as on Fox or ESPN), much to the dismay of millions of Dodger fans. >:(

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/16 at 6:58 pm

Netflix only. It has way more TV shows than I have time for, which is excellent.  ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/01/16 at 7:40 pm

TW also raised their rates on everything around 2007/2008 which is why we dumped them.

Just a couple years ago, TW launched a "SportsNetLA" channel for Los Angeles-area residents, and that became the exclusive home for Dodger baseball games (except for those that were nationally televised, as on Fox or ESPN), much to the dismay of millions of Dodger fans. >:(

Well yeah, there's no way anybody could switch to TWC, when they're expensive now. Also, it sucks that you have to be in LA, since SportsNetLA is the only MLB local network for Dodgers fans as of this post.

Written By: nally on 03/01/16 at 10:08 pm

Well yeah, there's no way anybody could switch to TWC, when they're expensive now. Also, it sucks that you have to be in LA, since SportsNetLA is the only MLB local network for Dodgers fans as of this post.

Yeah, other providers (including DISH) are trying to get TWC to share that SportNetLA channel so everyone in the area can watch the games.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/16 at 3:25 pm

Netflix only. It has way more TV shows than I have time for, which is excellent.  ;D

I like to watch Hulu and Crackle.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/02/16 at 3:28 pm

Yeah, other providers (including DISH) are trying to get TWC to share that SportNetLA channel so everyone in the area can watch the games.

Really? That seems cool. There's this news channel that TWC called NY1, and it's only a TWC-exclusive channel. However, I don't know why other providers aren't sharing the channel to other New Yorkers. It seems really unfair, since they're stuck with the sh*tty local news channels.

Written By: nally on 03/11/16 at 12:46 am

Really? That seems cool. There's this news channel that TWC called NY1, and it's only a TWC-exclusive channel. However, I don't know why other providers aren't sharing the channel to other New Yorkers. It seems really unfair, since they're stuck with the sh*tty local news channels.

Yeah, guess we're not alone in southern Cal with TWC exclusive channels. ::)

And I haven't heard anything lately about the TV deal with SportnetLA.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/11/16 at 4:34 pm

I think some other states have TWC-exclusive channels too. Not just New York and California.

Written By: nally on 05/28/17 at 9:35 pm

And now we have Spectrum (formerly TWC) so we can watch the Dodgers games!

Check for new replies or respond here...