inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Current & Upcoming Polls

Written By: Ripley on 02/18/16 at 7:42 am

As you all have noticed, I've been posting a lot of polls lately.  Several of you seem to like them as much as I do.  I enjoy making them.  I'm going to post a few more #1's polls first then I will dive into other kinds revolving singers, movies and more. 

Currently, were on the second round of the Madonna polls.  After that expires Friday evening, I will post the final round to find the ultimate favorite of us board members.  I've just re-made the Mariah one to reflect the 2000's hits as well.  But this time you may only choose one.  From now on every poll in this category of #1's will have the same said option. 

The polls will be up for different amounts of time.  But the remainder of the #1's ones will be just two days. They will each have 3 rounds.  But other polls may have rounds, some may not.  Such as with the songs of different years polls myself and #Infinity created. 

Thank you all for participating! 

Subject: Re: Current & Upcoming Polls

Written By: mqg96 on 02/18/16 at 11:33 am

I remember you doing polls for us to nominate at least 2 songs from a certain year, and you allowed us to do all of the years from 1990-2009, and then you made a 2010 poll, locked the thread, and didn't do any for 2011-2015. You still plan on finishing that or you had your personal reasons for stopping these threads?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/18/16 at 11:35 am

I think the polls should stay open for longer to catch the lesser attending members.

Written By: Ripley on 02/18/16 at 5:31 pm

I remember you doing polls for us to nominate at least 2 songs from a certain year, and you allowed us to do all of the years from 1990-2009, and then you made a 2010 poll, locked the thread, and didn't do any for 2011-2015. You still plan on finishing that or you had your personal reasons for stopping these threads?

The reason I locked it is cause I messed it up.  But I decided not to do it cause I really don't know much of the songs.  I guess you can consider that a personal reason.  I may end up doing it cause I of how much you guys like them. I'm sorry for stopping them like that.

Written By: Ripley on 02/18/16 at 5:32 pm

I think the polls should stay open for longer to catch the lesser attending members.

I thought about that after I made them.  I've tried extending them before but it won't let me change that part of it. :-\\

Written By: Ripley on 02/19/16 at 10:47 pm

Due to me not putting enough time on the polls I've decided to just forget about them.  So the #1 singles ones are done.  I will make ones that don't require alot of time and research from now on.  Its easier for me.  I will limit the amount of time limited ones as well.  Sorry for any inconveniences.

Written By: Ripley on 02/24/16 at 11:14 pm

I just posted surveys.  Favorite films of actresses.  Obviously I couldn't list them all but I tried to put on all the big ones.  They're under ratings.  But I clearly wasn't thinking cause they are not for rating.  So could a Moderater please move all of them to the main More Than A Decade forum? It would be much appreciated.

Written By: #Infinity on 02/25/16 at 1:02 am

How are we supposed to answer the surveys?  Do we just choose a certain number of actresses for each thread?

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/25/16 at 2:53 am

How are we supposed to answer the surveys?  Do we just choose a certain number of actresses for each thread?
I guess your favourite movie for each listed actress?

Written By: Ripley on 02/25/16 at 1:53 pm

I guess your favourite movie for each listed actress?

Yeah.  Its just like the one in there about choosing a song for each band.  Just type your favorite of each actress.

Written By: Ripley on 02/26/16 at 1:59 pm

Sorry I confused everyone.  That's why I wanted to move the topics away from ratings.  I didn't wish for actual ratings of the actresses but rather your favorite film of theirs.  But its my fault for having them in the wrong section.  Q, I see you did post your favorites and thanks!  But I just decided to lock them.  But Q, do you have the option to delete topics?  If it seems lame having a bunch of locked ones at once you should delete them. Lol

Check for new replies or respond here...