inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What terrible song did you hear today?

Written By: 2001 on 03/09/16 at 1:00 pm

I'll start off.

Do It - Nelly Furtado. It sounds like cutesy K-pop but in English.

Subject: Re: What terrible song did you hear today?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/16 at 1:15 pm

"Big Bad Wolf" by American–Canadian DJ duo Duck Sauce

Written By: mqg96 on 03/09/16 at 1:57 pm

Hello Kitty - Avril Lavigne

I had to leave the room for emergency.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/09/16 at 3:13 pm

Thankfully, I didn't hear any godawful songs today.

Written By: Howard on 03/09/16 at 3:18 pm

Thankfully, I didn't hear any godawful songs today.

me neither.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/09/16 at 4:46 pm

There's this one song called "Shooting Star" by Rue Mevlana. It's not so bad only thing is the singing is off, not in harmony and it ruins the song.

Written By: 2001 on 03/09/16 at 5:37 pm

Hello Kitty - Avril Lavigne

I had to leave the room for emergency.

A fall from grace  :\'( (although her other recent stuff like What The Hell and Here's To Never Growing Up is pretty decent)

Written By: Mat1991 on 03/09/16 at 8:34 pm

I heard that "Remember me for centuries" song on the radio just now. Such an annoying song.  >:(

Written By: mqg96 on 03/09/16 at 8:49 pm

I heard that "Remember me for centuries" song on the radio just now. Such an annoying song.  >:(

LMAO! That song is catchy to me!

Written By: ArcticFox on 03/12/16 at 7:36 am

I actually love that song!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/12/16 at 9:33 am

I barely remember that song on the radio. It's quite forgettable to me.

Written By: whistledog on 03/13/16 at 2:37 pm

"Big Bad Wolf" by American–Canadian DJ duo Duck Sauce

As much as I love Duck Sauce, that song is bad, but not terrible.  I usually just say it is my least favourite from them lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/16 at 2:58 pm

As much as I love Duck Sauce, that song is bad, but not terrible.  I usually just say it is my least favourite from them lol
It can be heard everyday over here as it is being used in a commercial on television.

Written By: whistledog on 03/13/16 at 3:00 pm

It can be heard everyday over here as it is being used in a commercial on television.

Whatever you do, never watch the actual music video for the song.  It is something you cannot unsee.
If it is in a commercial, maybe it will make the UK Top 40.  It fell short of the UK Top 75 upon initial release a few years ago

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/16 at 3:02 pm

Whatever you do, never watch the actual music video for the song.  It is something you cannot unsee.
If it is in a commercial, maybe it will make the UK Top 40.  It fell short of the UK Top 75 upon initial release a few years ago
I am hoping it will be never heard of again!

Written By: Howard on 03/13/16 at 3:15 pm

Good Lord! I cannot believe I saw the video!  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/16 at 3:15 pm

Good Lord! I cannot believe I saw the video!  :o
I am staying away from it!

Written By: 2001 on 03/13/16 at 3:39 pm

Another fall from grace.  :\'( I don't like anything Fall Out Boy after their 2007 album.

This 7 Years song by Lukas Graham has the most ridiculous lyrics. Getting a wife at 11 years old? Can anyone relate to this song?

Written By: Howard on 03/13/16 at 3:55 pm

I am staying away from it!

I have to wash my eyes out with bleach.  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/16 at 4:05 pm

I have to wash my eyes out with bleach.  :o
Now that is a good description.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/13/16 at 5:08 pm

Another fall from grace.  :\'( I don't like anything Fall Out Boy after their 2007 album.

This 7 Years song by Lukas Graham has the most ridiculous lyrics. Getting a wife at 11 years old? Can anyone relate to this song?

Getting a girl at 11 years old seems illegal in most, if not, all states in America.

Written By: ArcticFox on 03/13/16 at 5:34 pm

More like a Phoenix rising from the ashes!!! I never liked Fall Out Boy before their 2013 comeback. I've become so much more interested in them since they released Save Rock and Roll and I'm looking forward to hearing more new music from them.

As for "7 Years", "getting a wife at 11 years old" isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's a metaphor for finding a companion - someone who actually values you as a person. It could be a girlfriend, but it really means a best friend. The guy is also from Denmark, so the grammar, spelling, and wording are obviously going to be different from North Americans.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/13/16 at 5:51 pm

More like a Phoenix rising from the ashes. I never liked Fall Out Boy before their 2013 comeback. I've become so much more interested in them since they released Save Rock and Roll and I'm looking forward to hearing more new music from them.

As for "7 Years", "getting a wife at 11 years old" isn't meant to be taken seriously. It's a metaphor for finding a companion - someone who actually values you as a person. It could be a girlfriend, but it really means a best friend. The guy is also from Denmark, so the grammar, spelling, and wording are obviously going to be different from North Americans.

Oh! Makes sense. I just wish I didn't take most stuff literally.

Written By: Ripley on 03/14/16 at 12:11 am

Some cheesy Hawaiian music

Written By: 2001 on 03/15/16 at 3:38 pm

I Took A Pill In Ibiza by Mike Posner.

More like a Phoenix rising from the ashes!!! I never liked Fall Out Boy before their 2013 comeback. I've become so much more interested in them since they released Save Rock and Roll and I'm looking forward to hearing more new music from them.

Haha, we'll have to agree to disagree on Fall Out Boy. Even if I didn't know about them in the 2000s, I think I'd still dislike, their pop hits give me a headache. ;D

It's his father who tells him to find a wife I think, but I don't like the lyrics of that song in general.

Written By: ArcticFox on 03/15/16 at 11:40 pm

Focus - Ariana Grande

I Took A Pill In Ibiza by Mike Posner.

Ironically, that's my favorite song from him. It's a lot better than his 2010 hits "Cooler Than Me" and "Please Don't Go", and I actually liked both of those.

Written By: 2001 on 04/25/16 at 6:29 pm

This Panda song by Desiigner is a joke song right? But then again I don't see what's funny about it.

Written By: ArcticFox on 05/08/16 at 5:23 pm

"I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas  8-P

Written By: mqg96 on 05/08/16 at 5:30 pm

That song wasn't terrible. It was not a great song, but it was a good song. The problem was that it kept being overplayed throughout 2009 and early 2010 everywhere you went, like parties, radio stations, or classrooms every single day which made the song very annoying in the long run.

Subject: How To Memorize The 4 Stages of Cellular Respiration

Written By: 2001 on 05/08/16 at 5:45 pm

I could not have passed Grade 12 Biology without that song.

3aZrkdzrd04

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/16 at 8:16 am

That is high on my list too!

Written By: ArcticFox on 05/13/16 at 9:46 am

Perfect - One Direction (that terrible reggae remix)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/13/16 at 9:47 am

Perfect - One Direction (that terrible reggae remix)
...not so perfect?  ;D

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/26/16 at 4:36 am

INXS. Enough said.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/16 at 4:44 am

Wannabe by The Spice Girls

Check for new replies or respond here...