inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Silly Songs

Written By: Ripley on 03/21/16 at 9:56 am

Let's post parodies and other silly songs! :D I'll give some examples to start.

Weird Al: In his version of songs he almost entirely changes the lyrics, but uses the same music. Here is a parody of R. Kelly's "Trapped In The Closet".

Trapped In The Drive-Thru
SHnTocdD7sk

Richard Cheese: He replaces the original music with his Lounge style. The lyrics are the same but the way he sings is in his own little way. Here is his parody of Korn's "Freak On A Leash".

Freak On A Leash
o52wpb3nv0Y

Tom Green: His are not parodies but they do poke fun at things. Here is one of his originals.

The Bum Bum Song
qJfnOdVeHxg

Jimmy Fallon: Like Tom Green he is a comedien. So no surprise he would make fun of things. Like the Prince part in this video. But also like Tom, he makes originals.

Idiot Boyfriend
W7iQWqHEG6A

Eminem: Ovcourse I wasn't going to make this post without including the Great White Rapper, Eminem. He's great at both silly talk and serious stuff. And some of his videos are hilarious! Here is the one that started it all.

My Name Is
sNPnbI1arSE

Subject: Re: Silly Songs

Written By: violet_shy on 03/22/16 at 6:30 pm

Not sure if this is a silly song exactly, but I always laugh when I sing along or hear it. IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE. Listen for yourselves.

8naoe1YYFak

Written By: Katluver on 03/25/16 at 3:08 am

Great topic.  I love "My Name Is..."

Here's one that's ridiculously weird.  (I have bad luck sometimes with posting YouTube videos on here so my apologies if you get a link.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KXlBeziPJ4

Written By: Ripley on 03/25/16 at 2:43 pm

Great topic.  I love "My Name Is..."

Here's one that's ridiculously weird.  (I have bad luck sometimes with posting YouTube videos on here so my apologies if you get a link.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KXlBeziPJ4

I had trouble with it for a while. But what you do is copy what is after the v= .... Then you paste that here. And then highlight it and select the youtube icon. So for your video you would just need to copy 0KXlBeziPJ4

Written By: Howard on 03/25/16 at 3:05 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBiHysKnvGs
Curly Shuffle- Jump N The Saddle (1984)

Written By: nally on 03/26/16 at 11:24 pm

I can think of a few...

"Blue (Da Be Dee)" Eiffel 65 (1999)
"Wild Wild West" Escape Club (1988) - particularly the reggae-rap section, which has been transcribed in more ways than one
"Liar Liar" The Castaways (1965) - even though it has kindof a serious message, I find the song to be somewhat silly

Check for new replies or respond here...