inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Vibe Discussion

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/09/16 at 12:18 pm

Some users may not see the point of a vibe discussion, but I feel the topic is still worthy. To simple down the topic, the thread is asking what are or were your praised vibes you were able to experience. Rather through music, channels, TV shows, fictional shows, video games or sports. Whatever else anyone know of I don't.

Since I believe its the sound that actually creates the vibes, I would say my praised era feels are from 1994-2005. I'll list my definite feels on the specific eras from then released sound hits.

TLC - Creep, 1994. Very mid 90s, fun and has some mystery.

Brandy - Sittin' Up In My Room, 1995. I recall hearing the radio version in 94. Fun sound. As if your playing a modern Super Nintendo RPG.

D'Angelo - Lady, 1995. A song I used to hear in the Late 90s coming home from school made school worth while. Great vibe.

Kenny Lattimore - Never Too Busy, 1996.

Ginuwine - Pony, 1996. Has mystery.

Super Mario 64, Martin WB.

1997, Usher. Haha Do I need to add? Also, I would credit They Don't Know by Jon B. Very nostalgic. Probably my most praised R&B song.

1998, Golden Age Pokémon themes, Flying Dragon N64 and Aaliyah.

Cartoon Network.

Ginuwine - Anxious, 1999. Very substantial.

Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills, 1999.

BET.

Disney Channel.

Sisqo - Thong Song, 2000. Capcom VS. SNK 2000. Such superior vibes.

The hits of Outkast. Need I add more?

Ja Rule - Always On Time ft. Ashanti, 2001. Makes me realize how unlikely this feel is to re-flourish.

Aaliyah - Try Again, 2001. So positive.

Super Smash Bros. Melee, 2001. God I miss the finale of Nintendo's Golden Era.

Cam'Ron - Hey Ma ft. Juelz Santana, 2002. Nothing like waking up to a fitting morning sound during the weekend.

Ja Rule - Mesmerize ft. Ashanti, 2002.

N.O.R.E - Nothin' 2002. Another song I would title the negative killer.

Extreme feel awareness.

Nelly - Dilemma ft. Kelly Rowland, 2002.

Jay Z - Excuse Me Miss, 2003. Back when you can tell the difference in sounds between hours. I miss it so much.

Dragon Ball Z

50 Cent - 21 Question, 2003.

2004, still Usher. Haha Linkin Park I'll also add. I first became exposed to them at the time.

2005, Destiny's Child, Bobby Valentino and Mariah Carey.

I'll add the late 2000s for the feel of classic YouTube, AMV's, Smash Brawl and Ice Box by Omarion.

Just some examples throughout the specific eras. These artists, channels, shows and video games captured the feel, which made those eras enjoyable for me. Now all I get is a feel of advancement from the current era, social media negativity, oddness and memes. No substance. I love how the mid 90s-mid 2000s are the perfect combinations of sound. The last noticeable vibe for me is 2010-2011. Hasn't been the same since aside from a once potential site I moved to in 2012.

List or discuss the feels you were exposed to as you grew older here.

Check for new replies or respond here...