inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How important were Saturday Morning Cartoons to your daily routine?

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/11/16 at 6:03 pm

I'm one of the few people that didn't hype for Saturday morning cartoons. If I caught the block, cool. If I missed, shrugs. I was mainly the cartoons after school person. Especially since Cartoon Network was my home channel. The only year I was really into the routine was the peak of 4Kids as Fox Box in 2002. It was a really fun block. It seems to be so forgotten now.

Subject: Re: How important were Saturday Morning Cartoons to your daily routine?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/11/16 at 8:52 pm

I watched Saturday Morning Cartoons every week from 1991 until early 2000, without fail. It didn't matter if I was at my house, or staying at my grandparents house for the weekend, or with some friends on a Friday night sleepover, I was gonna be parked in front of a television set until about 12 noon on a Saturday.

In the early '90s, it was all about CBS (TMNT, Garfield, Raw Toonage, etc.) and ABC (Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, Bugs & Tweety, etc.). In the mid '90s, Fox Kids (X-Men, Carmen Sandiego, Bobby's World, etc.) came into the picture, along with Kids WB! (Pinky & the Brain, Superman, etc.), while in the late '90s I was dedicated fan of One Saturday Morning (Pepper Ann, Recess, Science Court, etc.).

Subject: Re: How important were Saturday Morning Cartoons to your daily routine?

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/11/16 at 10:47 pm

The only year I was really into the routine was the peak of 4Kids as Fox Box in 2002. It was a really fun block.

When I think of Fox Box I usually think of 2003 and 2004. Since the first half of 2002 was still fox kids.

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/12/16 at 9:06 am

But as soon as I became actually aware of the block at the time, it was launching into Fox Box which was exciting. Its a different story for me.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/12/16 at 9:32 am

As a kid in the 2000s, I woke up around 7-8am on Saturdays just to go watch something from Nickelodeon, Disney Channel (before 2008), Cartoon Network, Toon Disney, PBS Kids, and Boomerang. I did sometimes watch Saturday Morning Cartoons, but not religiously. Besides, the mid 2000s showed a point of where Saturday Morning Cartoons aren't needed that much. Although, I do miss the days where every kid would wake up around 6-8am every Saturday morning to watch cartoons. That felt really special for them, even to me. I wish Saturday mornings were treated with respect still, since there isn't even a Saturday morning block on broadcast TV nowadays. It's probably because streaming services like Netflix are more popular, but kids should still wake up to something more exciting.

Check for new replies or respond here...