inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remember braces "back in the day" ?

Written By: Mike Lewis on 07/18/16 at 5:11 pm

Hey, 

I am starting a new website called "Braces Memories," about recalling what it was like to wear braces back in the day.

Today, its become so common, its not such a big deal. But back in the '50s, '60s, '70s, or '80s, it was still an unusual and memorable event for those who had to go through it, and not always desired.  Its those memories that my site is about. Here's the site: http://bracesmemories.blogspot.com/

Would anyone be willing to volunteer their memories of wearing braces back in the '80s, '70s, '60, or or '50s?  You can take a brief 12 question anonymous survey here:

Anonymous Braces Memories Survey  http://bracesmemories.blogspot.com/p/braces-memories-survey.html

Or email me your accounts at bracesmemories@gmail.com

Im interested in true accounts and memories only.  Thank you!

Mike 

Subject: Re: Remember braces "back in the day" ?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/18/16 at 5:16 pm

I never wore braces throughout my entire life, so I couldn't participate towards your survey. But welcome to InThe00s. ;D

Written By: whistledog on 07/19/16 at 12:39 am

No offense, but a website about people's mouths?  I don't know if that's a site I'd sink my teeth into :-\

Written By: Willmisses2004 on 07/31/16 at 3:40 pm

Did braces go downhill or something?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 07/31/16 at 3:48 pm

No, I think it's about remembering life when you didn't have braces and after that. I don't know why they have a blog like that, but it's nostalgia worthy to some people.

Written By: Willmisses2004 on 07/31/16 at 3:57 pm

No, I think it's about remembering life when you didn't have braces and after that. I don't know why they have a blog like that, but it's nostalgia worthy to some people.
Ohh.

Written By: 2001 on 07/31/16 at 5:01 pm

I think he meant that braces were less common and more embarrassing in the 80s. It wasn't until the 90s when it became more common. So kids in the 80s and before with braces share some suffering.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/31/16 at 5:38 pm

That is not true. Braces were very common place in the '70s & '80s-especially in more affluent communities.

Cat

Written By: muppethammer26 on 08/01/16 at 12:33 am

I have never got braces, therefore, my teeth still has some gaps between each tooth, but I'm not planning to fix my teeth anytime soon.

Written By: Howard on 08/01/16 at 3:21 pm

I have never got braces, therefore, my teeth still has some gaps between each tooth, but I'm not planning to fix my teeth anytime soon.

I needed braces to fix my front teeth.

Check for new replies or respond here...