inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When did you get On Demand services?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/01/16 at 10:09 am

I know that people used Netflix for their streaming pleasures, but do you guys remember when did you first had On Demand services from your cable? For me, it was probably around the time my family got Time Warner Cable, since I remember using their On Demand services around early 2005. Although, my family got TWC a while before 2005. Maybe around the 90s, but I'm not exactly sure about when they got digital cable.

Subject: Re: When did you get On Demand services?

Written By: Ripley on 08/01/16 at 3:40 pm

Several years ago when we first got Cox. Then despite the fact that they were working with us on our bill we switched to Direct TV. Now they had been my Grandparents' provider for several years but they sucked when we had them. The stupid dish would mess up just from a little rain. Now we owe on 4 different bills for them cause of their co service at being billed seperstly. Plus breach of contract. So that's going to ruin my mom's credit when it was starting to get good. But now that were back with Cox were sticking with them.

Written By: 2001 on 08/01/16 at 4:00 pm

2008 or 2009 I think.

Written By: Fearsword on 08/01/16 at 4:56 pm

April 2012, when I bought my own Foxtel subscription

Written By: Starlighter on 08/03/16 at 1:16 am

In the late 2000's when Time Warner Cable came to our area.  I remember in the mid 90's there was pay-per-view which was an early version of On Demand, but we didn't have a cable box so we didn't have access to it.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/03/16 at 8:40 am

In the late 2000's when Time Warner Cable came to our area.  I remember in the mid 90's there was pay-per-view which was an early version of On Demand, but we didn't have a cable box so we didn't have access to it.

Huh. That's interesting. Another TWC user. I did have Time Warner Cable for a long time, since I lived in New York City and they were probably one of the first areas to put it there.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/09/16 at 1:12 am

Sometime in 2003-04. I had Cox and I recall seeing all the access to premium channels that my family and I had that weren't available when we had basic cable.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/09/16 at 5:57 am

Sometime in 2003-04. I had Cox and I recall seeing all the access to premium channels that my family and I had that weren't available when we had basic cable.

Wow. So I'm not the only one here who received On Demand services in the early-mid 2000s.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/09/16 at 8:43 am

Wow. So I'm not the only one here who received On Demand services in the early-mid 2000s.
Yep. I remember having TMC, HBO, Showtime etc. during that time period.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/09/16 at 8:49 am

Yep. I remember having TMC, HBO, Showtime etc. during that time period.

Cool. I rememeber watching some HBO movies on demand, especially the ones from HBO Family.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/09/16 at 10:27 am

Cool. I rememeber watching some HBO movies on demand, especially the ones from HBO Family.
Did you have the others at the time?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/09/16 at 10:41 am

Did you have the others at the time?

As in other premium channels? I guess I could say that I had Showtime and Starz as I would remember them in the mid-late 2000s.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/09/16 at 11:07 am

As in other premium channels? I guess I could say that I had Showtime and Starz as I would remember them in the mid-late 2000s.
How often did you watch them?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/09/16 at 11:15 am

How often did you watch them?

I remember watching them sometimes, but not as much as HBO.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/09/16 at 12:01 pm

I remember watching them sometimes, but not as much as HBO.
What were your fav HBO shows?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/09/16 at 12:07 pm

Right now? I think I love watching The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Six Feet Under, and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. As a kid, I would love to watch Harold and the Purple Crayon, I Spy, The Little Lulu Show, Crashbox, George and Martha, and Happily Ever After.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/09/16 at 1:52 pm

Right now? I think I love watching The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Six Feet Under, and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. As a kid, I would love to watch Harold and the Purple Crayon, I Spy, The Little Lulu Show, Crashbox, George and Martha, and Happily Ever After.
Oh awesome! :) Did you have a few favorites with Showtime and Starz?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/09/16 at 2:00 pm

Oh awesome! :) Did you have a few favorites with Showtime and Starz?

For Showtime, my favorite show was Dexter. I don't know about Starz. I usually watch their movies.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/09/16 at 2:17 pm

For Showtime, my favorite show was Dexter. I don't know about Starz. I usually watch their movies.
I've seen that show before. I've watched some episodes of the series, but I wasn't a fan of it.

Written By: Howard on 08/09/16 at 2:46 pm

I used to watch Taxicab Confessions.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/09/16 at 2:52 pm

I used to watch Taxicab Confessions.
Isn't that a very old HBO show?

Written By: Howard on 08/09/16 at 3:21 pm

Yes it is.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/09/16 at 4:07 pm

Well, it's not that old. It aired from 1995 to 2006, which was when The Sopranos, Deadwood, The Wire, Big Love, and other HBO shows were still around at the time. Not from when it premiered, but between the show's production.

Check for new replies or respond here...