inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone think that Cartoon Network is overrated?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/07/16 at 9:36 am

What I meant is overrated, is that I don't think it was one of the best channels to ever exist for children. I don't think it's inappropriate, but I just don't think it's that memorable. Don't get me wrong, if you liked any of the eras, then it's your opinion. I'm not going to hate you just because you liked it or not. It's just that whenever I see people loving and hating Cartoon Network for what it was in the past 24 years seems unnecessary. I don't see why people loved it so much, especially during the late 90s and early 2000s. I only grew up with the stuff from the mid-late 2000s, but that's when people thought it was so awful.

I mean, what's the point of just hating it so much back then, when you could've watch something else at the time? I was only a true fan of Cartoon Network when I was about 7, and that's because it had a lot of shows that I loved back then. Nowadays, it may seem like everyone loves it, despite the fact that it's mainly for children. I don't know why. All this, just because some man by the name of Stuart Snyder somehow ruined it for everyone. Does anyone feel the same, or what?

Subject: Re: Does anyone think that Cartoon Network is overrated?

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/07/16 at 9:51 am

As far as Prime era Cartoon Network being overrated to you, that can't be helped. For us long time fans, it was truly an amazing channel in its rule. Just like how you ultimately enjoyed peak era Nickelodeon, the network still somehow didn't do it for me.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/07/16 at 10:00 am

As far as Prime era Cartoon Network being overrated to you, that can't be helped. For us long time fans, it was truly an amazing channel in its rule. Just like how you ultimately enjoyed peak era Nickelodeon, the network still somehow didn't do it for me.

Maybe that's it. I was really more of a die-hard Nickelodeon fan as a kid. I mean, I really loved their shows back in the 2000s. Way more than Cartoon Network. When I saw the new logo on September 26, 2009, I was kinda heartbroken. It affected me more than Cartoon Network had rebranded in the early 2010s, of which I didn't care a lot about.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/07/16 at 10:25 am

What I meant is overrated, is that I don't think it was one of the best channels to ever exist for children. I don't think it's inappropriate, but I just don't think it's that memorable. Don't get me wrong, if you liked any of the eras, then it's your opinion. I'm not going to hate you just because you liked it or not. It's just that whenever I see people loving and hating Cartoon Network for what it was in the past 24 years seems unnecessary. I don't see why people loved it so much, especially during the late 90s and early 2000s. I only grew up with the stuff from the mid-late 2000s, but that's when people thought it was so awful.

I mean, what's the point of just hating it so much back then, when you could've watch something else at the time? I was only a true fan of Cartoon Network when I was about 7, and that's because it had a lot of shows that I loved back then. Nowadays, it may seem like everyone loves it, despite the fact that it's mainly for children. I don't know why. All this, just because some man by the name of Stuart Snyder somehow ruined it for everyone. Does anyone feel the same, or what?
I don't think we should say 24 years because honestly I don't think people were actually tuning into the channel until sometime in 1995. Besides, from 1992-94, there was generally nothing aside from the Hanna-Barbera shows and the very very few original show it had.

Now as for your question, I don't think it's overrated. I've seen the same thing with Nickelodeon especially with their Golden Age since everyone at that time tuned into the channel and became a fan of it; then, they began to hate it once the Silver Age started with the Klasky-Caupo cartoons and SpongeBob being the next big thing. The only people who truly criticize the channels are those who were kids and then, when they're adults, hate cartoons from there on out and never want to watch one again. Those are the folks you don't want to bump into since they ruin the chance of you wanting to see the new cartoons for the first time.

However though, some of those folks are right since not every era on a kid's network is memorable such as the Fall era of CN, the current era of Nick, and the current era on Disney. Heck, even a few eras on the kid's blocks like Fox Kids, Kids WB and ABC SatAm were not memorable either.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/07/16 at 10:46 am

Now as for your question, I don't think it's overrated. I've seen the same thing with Nickelodeon especially with their Golden Age since everyone at that time tuned into the channel and became a fan of it; then, they began to hate it once the Silver Age started with the Klasky-Caupo cartoons and SpongeBob being the next big thing. The only people who truly criticize the channels are those who were kids and then, when they're adults, hate cartoons from there on out and never want to watch one again. Those are the folks you don't want to bump into since they ruin the chance of you wanting to see the new cartoons for the first time.

Yeah, but they're pretty much everywhere on the Internet. Everywhere I go, I see these people who remember watching the late 90s/early 2000s era of Cartoon Network, and then they pretty much think the Check It era was the second greatest. I don't know why would I even watch Cartoon Network right now.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/07/16 at 11:08 am

Yeah, but they're pretty much everywhere on the Internet. Everywhere I go, I see these people who remember watching the late 90s/early 2000s era of Cartoon Network, and then they pretty much think the Check It era was the second greatest. I don't know why would I even watch Cartoon Network right now.
Not just CN, but even Nickelodeon, Disney Channel and the Kids blocks. I remember people hating on 4Kids TV when it took over FoxBox, but that's because they were right. That block was the worst. As for the others, they're wrong because every kid's channel is going to have good memorable eras and bad ones no matter what. While most people like the Check It era on CN, there are some who don't.

I don't like it because the bumpers are uninspiring, it's too repetitive and the schedule is short. (Seriously, it's a kid's network! Why does CN get 12 hours from 6am to 8pm while AS gets 10 hours from 8pm to 6am? It makes no sense. ???). OTT, the shows except for UG (and may even the PPG remake as I haven't seen it yet) are awesome and I watch them every other time. If you want to know, the only thing that's really saving CN is the shows themselves. I honestly hope they redeem themselves soon because the legacy Snyder left behind was a nightmare. I know for sure this new president can do it and she will get the channel back together. Right now, CN is good, but it's not excellent.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/07/16 at 11:29 am

Not just CN, but even Nickelodeon, Disney Channel and the Kids blocks. I remember people hating on 4Kids TV when it took over FoxBox, but that's because they were right. That block was the worst. As for the others, they're wrong because every kid's channel is going to have good memorable eras and bad ones no matter what. While most people like the Check It era on CN, there are some who don't.

I could probably tell why. It's just that every time I see the Check It era, it doesn't really put an instant smile to my face. Especially when I stopped being a true fan of Cartoon Network around 2010/2011.

I don't like it because the bumpers are uninspiring, it's too repetitive and the schedule is short. (Seriously, it's a kid's network! Why does CN get 12 hours from 6am to 8pm while AS gets 10 hours from 8pm to 6am? It makes no sense. ???). OTT, the shows except for UG (and may even the PPG remake as I haven't seen it yet) are awesome and I watch them every other time. If you want to know, the only thing that's really saving CN is the shows themselves. I honestly hope they redeem themselves soon because the legacy Snyder left behind was a nightmare. I know for sure this new president can do it and she will get the channel back together. Right now, CN is good, but it's not excellent.

I really agree with this. I don't think Cartoon Network is good for now, especially with all of the stuff that they left out after 2014.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/07/16 at 2:18 pm

Only CN era I hate is the late 2000s one. The mid 2000s (CN City era) was pretty decent. A silver age if you will. But from 2010 onward it's been alright. I like Adventure Time, Regular Show, & Steven Universe. Also I hate early-mid 1990s CN as it was basically another version of Boomerang. All it showed was hannah barbera shows and some reruns of other stuff. Nothing special. 1992-1997 and late 2006-2009 are the eras I don't like. 1997/8 - 2006 and 2010 to 2016 are decent.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/07/16 at 2:24 pm

Only CN era I hate is the late 2000s one. The mid 2000s (CN City era) was pretty decent. A silver age if you will. But from 2010 onward it's been alright. I like Adventure Time, Regular Show, & Steven Universe. Also I hate early-mid 1990s CN as it was basically another version of Boomerang. All it showed was hannah barbera shows and some reruns of other stuff. Nothing special. 1992-1997 and late 2006-2009 are the eras I don't like. 1997/8 - 2006 and 2010 to 2016 are decent.

I honestly think that Cartoon Network was just like Boomerang whenever they show old cartoons. Which is why I loved Boomerang more than Cartoon Network as a kid.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/07/16 at 2:38 pm

Except the difference is that there was no Boomerang at that time. However, I can understand as there was not much aside from a few original shows and very early Toonami.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/07/16 at 2:42 pm

Except the difference is that there was no Boomerang at that time. However, I can understand as there was not much aside from a few original shows and very early Toonami.

I felt like Cartoon Network should've been known as Boomerang, when it was new in the early 90s.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/07/16 at 2:51 pm

I felt like Cartoon Network should've been known as Boomerang, when it was new in the early 90s.
Right I agree, but it's not like the name would have came up at the time. When the idea of an only cartoon channel came to mind, Boomerang was not of the names. Besides, the name Boomerang itself comes from fact that it was all coming back to us which was the slogan of bringing back the pre-80s cartoons to TV.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/07/16 at 2:58 pm

Right I agree, but it's not like the name would have came up at the time. When the idea of an only cartoon channel came to mind, Boomerang was not of the names. Besides, the name Boomerang itself comes from fact that it was all coming back to us which was the slogan of bringing back the pre-80s cartoons to TV.

Although Cartoon Network has been showing only Hanna Barbera cartoons in the early-mid 90s. But it should've been called Cartoon Network in the late 90s.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/07/16 at 3:09 pm

Although Cartoon Network has been showing only Hanna Barbera cartoons in the early-mid 90s. But it should've been called Cartoon Network in the late 90s.
You're right; however, at least before the PH era, the network had a few original shows. They had The Moxy Show, Space Ghost, What A Cartoon, Dexter's Laboratory, and Toonami, but that sure wasn't enough to call it Cartoon Network. One thing for sure though, it was a good name because there hadn't been a just for cartoons channel prior to CN.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/07/16 at 3:20 pm

You're right; however, at least before the PH era, the network had a few original shows. They had The Moxy Show, Space Ghost, What A Cartoon, Dexter's Laboratory, and Toonami, but that sure wasn't enough to call it Cartoon Network. One thing for sure though, it was a good name because there hadn't been a just for cartoons channel prior to CN.

Well yeah. The whole point for this thread is that it didn't seem necessary for Cartoon Network to be just for cartoons at some point. Especially when they aren't legally forced to do so. It lost how they were Cartoon Network in the 2000s, when people didn't really care so much for them airing just cartoons.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/07/16 at 3:20 pm

And that's the thing about it. You see CN was cool to me when they started airing their own original shows. Not just rerunning older stuff.  Also Boomerange did exist in the Checkerboard era of 1992-1997. But instead of a channel it was a block. It didn't become a channel until April Fools Day of 2000.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/07/16 at 3:22 pm

Yeah, CN is the first 24 hour Cartoon Channel. We then ended up getting Nicktoons and Toon Disney in 2002 and 1998. Although Toon Disney is gone. And I haven't watched Nicktoons in forever.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/07/16 at 3:25 pm

Yeah, CN is the first 24 hour Cartoon Channel. We then ended up getting Nicktoons and Toon Disney in 2002 and 1998. Although Toon Disney is gone. And I haven't watched Nicktoons in forever.

Honestly, Nicktoons hasn't been the same since they rebranded in September of 2009. It seemed way cool to watch it back then, but they just screwed it up for a while now.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/07/16 at 3:26 pm

And that's the thing about it. You see CN was cool to me when they started airing their own original shows. Not just rerunning older stuff.  Also Boomerange did exist in the Checkerboard era of 1992-1997. But instead of a channel it was a block. It didn't become a channel until April Fools Day of 2000.

It should've been a channel if digital cable was more frequent in the late 90s. Although, it was accessible in 1999, but not that much.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/07/16 at 3:31 pm

It should've been a channel if digital cable was more frequent in the late 90s. Although, it was accessible in 1999, but not that much.

Cable was already popular by the early-ish 1990s. By the late 1990s it was already wide spread. Only people who didn't have it were probably just poor (no offense to poor people). But from what I remember nearly everyone had cable. It's why you see so many people talking about how they loved Nickelodeon and CN in the 1990s. It's because they all had cable.

I think the reason they made it its own channel in 2000 is because they needed to make room for their other shows. As a block Boomerang was taking up hours that could've been used for more original shows and not just reruns. So they made its own channel where reruns can air 24/7.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/07/16 at 3:38 pm

Cable was already popular by the early-ish 1990s. By the late 1990s it was already wide spread. Only people who didn't have it were probably just poor (no offense to poor people). But from what I remember nearly everyone had cable. It's why you see so many people talking about how they loved Nickelodeon and CN in the 1990s. It's because they all had cable.

I meant digital cable. The one of where you had an interactive cable guide on your TV, instead of just looking for your favorite channels on TV Guide.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/07/16 at 3:44 pm

Well yeah. The whole point for this thread is that it didn't seem necessary for Cartoon Network to be just for cartoons at some point. Especially when they aren't legally forced to do so. It lost how they were Cartoon Network in the 2000s, when people didn't really care so much for them airing just cartoons.
Well if that's was the case, then they should have changed the name if they weren't going to be a cartoon only channel forever. I mean, Live-action shows are definitely not cartoons.

Oh yeah, I remember the block. It came on weekend mornings during the PowerHouse era and I think it was one for 2 hours I believe. Oh, and did you watch CN during the Checkerboard era? I read that CN itself prior to PH, was a premium channel.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/07/16 at 3:47 pm

Well if that's was the case, then they should have changed the name if they weren't going to be a cartoon only channel forever. I mean, Live-action shows are definitely not cartoons.

It would've been hard though. I mean, it should've been known as the Turner Kids Network. I say that because Cartoon Network was owned by Turner Broadcasting Services, and it would've been better if they were known by that. Cartoon Network just seems impossible to name from, because you wouldn't know if they only aired cartoons.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/07/16 at 4:13 pm

It would've been hard though. I mean, it should've been known as the Turner Kids Network. I say that because Cartoon Network was owned by Turner Broadcasting Services, and it would've been better if they were known by that. Cartoon Network just seems impossible to name from, because you wouldn't know if they only aired cartoons.
Yeah, that could have been a second name for them as they were part of that company, but it's too late now since they returned to just cartoons again.

Written By: mqg96 on 08/07/16 at 4:23 pm

and this is a response to one of your comments on the other thread, but let's be honest the 1st REAL Cartoon Network original series to me is Dexter's Laboratory...... Now I know what you're thinking. A lot of people debate whether the first Cartoon Network show was Two Stupid Dogs, SWAT KATS, The Moxy Show, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Dexter's Laboratory, or even Toonami. So let me start, first of all, let's take out Toonami. Toonami was a block, not a show. Blocks are made to air a certain genre of shows during the time of the day, and Toonami was original made for anime and action/fighting cartoons. Most people remember Two Stupid Dogs and SWAT KATS being on Cartoon Network, but those were made by Hanna-Barbera only, and was not associated with CN studios, plus, new episodes premiered on TBS during Saturday mornings, then reruns were played on Cartoon Network afterwards, so there's your story about those two shows. Now we're down to The Moxy Show and Space Ghost Coast to Coast. According to search, The Moxy Show was about a dog who would comment on classic animated shorts, I'm not sure how the show actually was, but in between they would show classic shorts. So it's almost like The Moxy Show wasn't even a show about the dog himself, he would just do segments in between and show classic cartoons in them, that's it. The Moxy Show while it was the first show made by Cartoon Network, it wasn't a fully Cartoon Network produced original series. Now we have Space Ghost Coast to Coast, which was a parody of the original Space Ghost cartoon, and it would show a lot of guest stars or celebrities on there too. SGCtoC was like the Genesis of Cartoon Network, because it aired the first What A Cartoon short which led to Cartoon Cartoons and it had Moltar on there who originally hosted Toonami before TOM was created. So like Dexter's Laboratory was the first Cartoon Cartoon, it feels like the first true Cartoon Network show to me for many of these reasons.

Written By: mqg96 on 08/07/16 at 4:30 pm

Nicktoons isn't recognizable anymore. Now they air reruns of the modern live-action Nick shows on there too, on a channel called NickTOONS. My favorite era of Nicktoons was from 2002-2005 before "Nicktoons Network" existed because it was just 24/7 of classic Nicktoons from 1991-present on there including reruns of a couple Kids WB shows. Although, even Nicktoons Network from 2005-2009 was great and underrated for its time too.

What really hurt Toon Disney over the years was just having reruns all day. As great as many Disney Afternoon and One Saturday Morning reruns were, they couldn't kept rerunning those forever. That's why when Jetix got popular in the mid 2000's the block ended up having more views than Toon Disney due to its fresh programming, which reduced Toon Disney's hours big time. I remember when Suite Life of Zack & Cody was on Toon Disney in 2008 during its final year, and I was like what the hell! Don't get me wrong I liked Suite Life on Disney Channel, but not TOON Disney it didn't belong on there. As disappointing Disney XD was during its first few years, I think it has improved over the last few years, and for the kids today I think it's been the best out of all the other ones, but with Phineas & Ferb, Gravity Falls, and Wonder Over Yonder being ended, I'm not sure what the future for the network holds.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/07/16 at 4:45 pm

Oh yeah, I remember the block. It came on weekend mornings during the PowerHouse era and I think it was one for 2 hours I believe. Oh, and did you watch CN during the Checkerboard era? I read that CN itself prior to PH, was a premium channel.

Only watched Checkerboard era a few times back in 1996 or earlyish 1997. As a 5-7 year old I was mainly a Nickelodeon guy.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/07/16 at 4:46 pm

I meant digital cable. The one of where you had an interactive cable guide on your TV, instead of just looking for your favorite channels on TV Guide.

Ooohhh. Yeah, I don't think they were popular at the time. Heck I don't remember seeing much of those until the 2nd half of the 2000s. At least in my living area anyways.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/07/16 at 4:52 pm

Nicktoons isn't recognizable anymore. Now they air reruns of the modern live-action Nick shows on there too, on a channel called NickTOONS. My favorite era of Nicktoons was from 2002-2005 before "Nicktoons Network" existed because it was just 24/7 of classic Nicktoons from 1991-present on there including reruns of a couple Kids WB shows. Although, even Nicktoons Network from 2005-2009 was great and underrated for its time too.

Nicktoons Network from the mid-late 2000s were the best.  :D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/07/16 at 4:53 pm

Ooohhh. Yeah, I don't think they were popular at the time. Heck I don't remember seeing much of those until the 2nd half of the 2000s. At least in my living area anyways.

Well okay.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/07/16 at 4:59 pm

What really hurt Toon Disney over the years was just having reruns all day. As great as many Disney Afternoon and One Saturday Morning reruns were, they couldn't kept rerunning those forever. That's why when Jetix got popular in the mid 2000's the block ended up having more views than Toon Disney due to its fresh programming, which reduced Toon Disney's hours big time. I remember when Suite Life of Zack & Cody was on Toon Disney in 2008 during its final year, and I was like what the hell! Don't get me wrong I liked Suite Life on Disney Channel, but not TOON Disney it didn't belong on there. As disappointing Disney XD was during its first few years, I think it has improved over the last few years, and for the kids today I think it's been the best out of all the other ones, but with Phineas & Ferb, Gravity Falls, and Wonder Over Yonder being ended, I'm not sure what the future for the network holds.

Yeah, I hated Disney XD in the beginning years. But sometime around 2012 onward where P&F, Gravity Falls, Wonder Over Yonder, Star vs forces of Evil and a few other shows aired I loved the channel. Disney XD had a slight edge of Toon Disney due to having original shows. Now I love toon Disney to death and I thought it was a great way to watch all the Disney Afternoon/Satuday Morning shows if you weren't able to watch them before due to being younger or just not having a TV. But I suppose you're right on the idea that showing reruns constantly is a bad idea. Hey even I can get sick of seeing show after watching it for so many years.

Also showing live action stuff on a TOON network is silly. Cartoon network did it, Toon Disney did it, and Nicktoons did it. And they all sucked because of it. Disney XD, however, doesn't have that issue since "TOON" isn't in the name. So you can have both cartoons and live action shows on their and no one will give any complaints. And I'm also curious on where the channel will go from here. A lot of the shows that I liked have ended. Hope the 2nd wave of cartoons will satisfy me.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/07/16 at 5:03 pm

and this is a response to one of your comments on the other thread, but let's be honest the 1st REAL Cartoon Network original series to me is Dexter's Laboratory...... Now I know what you're thinking. A lot of people debate whether the first Cartoon Network show was Two Stupid Dogs, SWAT KATS, The Moxy Show, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Dexter's Laboratory, or even Toonami. So let me start, first of all, let's take out Toonami. Toonami was a block, not a show. Blocks are made to air a certain genre of shows during the time of the day, and Toonami was original made for anime and action/fighting cartoons. Most people remember Two Stupid Dogs and SWAT KATS being on Cartoon Network, but those were made by Hanna-Barbera only, and was not associated with CN studios, plus, new episodes premiered on TBS during Saturday mornings, then reruns were played on Cartoon Network afterwards, so there's your story about those two shows. Now we're down to The Moxy Show and Space Ghost Coast to Coast. According to search, The Moxy Show was about a dog who would comment on classic animated shorts, I'm not sure how the show actually was, but in between they would show classic shorts. So it's almost like The Moxy Show wasn't even a show about the dog himself, he would just do segments in between and show classic cartoons in them, that's it. The Moxy Show while it was the first show made by Cartoon Network, it wasn't a fully Cartoon Network produced original series. Now we have Space Ghost Coast to Coast, which was a parody of the original Space Ghost cartoon, and it would show a lot of guest stars or celebrities on there too. SGCtoC was like the Genesis of Cartoon Network, because it aired the first What A Cartoon short which led to Cartoon Cartoons and it had Moltar on there who originally hosted Toonami before TOM was created. So like Dexter's Laboratory was the first Cartoon Cartoon, it feels like the first true Cartoon Network show to me for many of these reasons.
Yeah, you're right. ;D ;D. That's why I never said cartoons cartoons because I knew long before Dexter's Lab was not the first CN original show. That would go to The Moxy Show even if wasn't fully produced by CN. As for Space Ghost, it might have been a parody of the original, but it was still CN produced. Oh, and I'm definitely aware that Swat Kats and 2 Stupid Dogs are not the originals as they were already on another channel prior to CN. I absolutely agree however, that Dexter's Lab was the true first show of CN even though it's not.

Despite all those aforementioned shows not being true CN originals, I enjoyed them very much and they were great. One thing I'm glad at least is not all of those shows were made by Hanna-Barbera. Don't get me wrong I like their cartoons as well, but it's much better to have diversity of cartoons from different companies and not just one.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/07/16 at 5:12 pm

Also showing live action stuff on a TOON network is silly. Cartoon network did it, Toon Disney did it, and Nicktoons did it. And they all sucked because of it. Disney XD, however, doesn't have that issue since "TOON" isn't in the name. So you can have both cartoons and live action shows on their and no one will give any complaints. And I'm also curious on where the channel will go from here. A lot of the shows that I liked have ended. Hope the 2nd wave of cartoons will satisfy me.

Well, it's not like they aren't guaranteed to air only cartoons for the rest of their existence. It's not like everybody who work for these networks actually grew up with them as kids. Even when some of these people could be Baby Boomers or Generation Xers, when it didn't really matter if Saturday mornings always had cartoons. Hell, I didn't really care if these networks always aired cartoons or not. It just mattered if I was happy to watch them. That's why I just oppose people saying that it's wrong that Cartoon Network aired live-action programming on their channel. It's not like people treat it like a religion or anything.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 08/07/16 at 10:23 pm

CN overrated?! Blasphemous!!!! Naw, I'm just kidding! lol
Overall, I never found it to be overrated AT ALL. If anything the Silver Age City era was underrated. Well... the 2004-05 season.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/08/16 at 3:31 pm

Well, it's not like they aren't guaranteed to air only cartoons for the rest of their existence. It's not like everybody who work for these networks actually grew up with them as kids. Even when some of these people could be Baby Boomers or Generation Xers, when it didn't really matter if Saturday mornings always had cartoons. Hell, I didn't really care if these networks always aired cartoons or not. It just mattered if I was happy to watch them. That's why I just oppose people saying that it's wrong that Cartoon Network aired live-action programming on their channel. It's not like people treat it like a religion or anything.

I think the problem is that Cartoon Network used to boast about how it's a 24 hour channel filled with nothing but Cartoons. But over the years they made a 180 and just said "You know what?! Live Action is suddenly cool!". Now I'd be fine with live action if the show is decent. But most of the shows that they had weren't very good accept Unnatural History which was pretty decent. And also those Goosebump reruns. But I never liked the other shows.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/08/16 at 3:34 pm

I think the problem is that Cartoon Network used to boast about how it's a 24 hour channel filled with nothing but Cartoons. But over the years they made a 180 and just said "You know what?! Live Action is suddenly cool!". Now I'd be fine with live action if the show is decent. But most of the shows that they had weren't very good accept Unnatural History which was pretty decent. And also those Goosebump reruns. But I never liked the other shows.

Huh. I thought I was only one who actually like the Goosebumps reruns on Cartoon Network. Man, they really had some great episodes.  :D

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/09/16 at 12:53 am

Huh. I thought I was only one who actually like the Goosebumps reruns on Cartoon Network. Man, they really had some great episodes.  :D
Oh yeah, they sure did. It was scary, but funny at the same time. ;) ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...