inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Unsung

Written By: Ripley on 08/31/16 at 10:16 pm

This is a current running TVOne series that has been on since 2008. It's a docuseries about R&B artists. But I just had the opportunity to watch it for the first time.

The reason I chose not to put it in the current TV section of the site is cause I feel it will get more attention here. I was actually tempted to put it in the 90's section as that's where a lot of the singers had their popularity but there are several artists from the 60's through 80's as well.

I saw a commercial saying the Kelly Price episode was coming on and I love her so I decided to watch. A few hours later and I'm still watching the show. I'm already hooked. I love documentary series and R&B music from back in the good days. So this show is perfect for me.

Has anyone else watched it? If not and you are a fan of 60's-90's R&B, you should check it out!

Subject: Re: Unsung

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 09/01/16 at 2:39 pm

YES!!! :D :D :D
I love this series. They go into great detail about past artists, that are truly groundbreaking. David Ruffin, Teena Marie, Heavy D, Phyllis Hyman, Angela Bofill, and Tammi Terrell are the ones I've enjoyed the most. :)

Subject: Re: Unsung

Written By: Howard on 09/01/16 at 3:00 pm

YES!!! :D :D :D
I love this series. They go into great detail about past artists, that are truly groundbreaking. David Ruffin, Teena Marie, Heavy D, Phyllis Hyman, Angela Bofill, and Tammi Terrell are the ones I've enjoyed the most. :)

I watch Unsung occasionally.

Check for new replies or respond here...