inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Has mainstream fashion become more prudish or more revealing in the past 18 year

Written By: aspireone on 09/08/16 at 4:55 am

First of all, I'm just gonna say that I don't think either is bad.

Anyways, what do you think?

For male fashion, I think someone from today is more likely to reveal more skin than from someone from 2001 (mostly because shorter shorts are more acceptable today)

For women's fashion, I don't really know. I do think that compared to their 2001 counterparts, someone from today would more like show more of their legs while revealing less of thier upper body (particularly the stomach area)

Subject: Re: Has mainstream fashion become more prudish or more revealing in the past 18 year

Written By: 2001 on 09/08/16 at 11:19 am

Guys should wear tank tops in all seasons.

Subject: Re: Has mainstream fashion become more prudish or more revealing in the past 18 year

Written By: Howard on 09/08/16 at 3:57 pm

I would say a little bit of both.

Written By: wixness on 09/13/16 at 3:01 pm

First of all, I'm just gonna say that I don't think either is bad.

Anyways, what do you think?

For male fashion, I think someone from today is more likely to reveal more skin than from someone from 2001 (mostly because shorter shorts are more acceptable today)

For women's fashion, I don't really know. I do think that compared to their 2001 counterparts, someone from today would more like show more of their legs while revealing less of thier upper body (particularly the stomach area)

A mix, but I'm tempted to say prudish, because the skinny shorts guys wear don't show any thigh at all, and are probably  useless for keeping their nether regions cool in blazing summer heat; if anything, using a new laptop is healthier than wearing skinny shorts since laptops these days aren't much hotter than human body temperatures on average. Then again, you have the tank tops which look like the very tops that only wrestlers should wear that, in extreme cases, expose one's sides.

Written By: wixness on 09/13/16 at 3:04 pm

Guys should wear tank tops in all seasons.

Hell yeah, but then again, not many suit tank tops, and they're also suited for way too few occasions. We need something like this:

http://cdn.acfrg.com/i/0_0_fit_ffffff__png/ACfrG/productpics_fullsize/2/293539a-emp.jpg

Written By: Howard on 09/13/16 at 3:14 pm

Hell yeah, but then again, not many suit tank tops, and they're also suited for way too few occasions. We need something like this:

http://cdn.acfrg.com/i/0_0_fit_ffffff__png/ACfrG/productpics_fullsize/2/293539a-emp.jpg

Is that a guy's shirt? ???

Written By: wixness on 09/13/16 at 3:16 pm

Is that a guy's shirt? ???

http://www.emp-online.co.uk/art_293539/?wt_mc=mp.google.Marken.Urban%20Classics.Sleeveless%20workershirt.Short_sleeved%20Shirt.293539&gclid=COeah8OUjc8CFccy0wod_jMEKQ

Yes

Check for new replies or respond here...