inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Case Of The Amityville Haunting

Written By: Ripley on 09/20/16 at 2:40 pm

Several films have been released about this. So I'm sure you all know what it's about. But here is a refresher. A man named Ronnie DeFoe killed his family and said some demons made him do it. The Lutz family moved in and had a lot of experiences. Then the Warrens, Paranormal investigators, got involved. The family wrote a book.

Now years later DeFoe is saying he made it up. I think he's making up that it is fake. He has nothing better to do, he's in prison. And with all the attention the Lutz' and Warrens are getting with the Conjuring films, he wants a piece. Maybe that's not the reason. But they all say it is true. Some parts were over exaggerated yes, but it is real.

I know it's about 50/50 with who believes in ghosts and about 70% probably don't believe the accounts made by the family. But I believe it. Just because it was said in the news its now fake doesn't mean it's true. Then again, just because there are stories it doesn't mean it's real.

I have seen the Real footage of the investigation. I have read accounts beyond the family. I don't need a thousand movie remakes and docu ghost shows to show me it's real. I may sound crazy, trust me I'm not. But I have a strong feeling it's real.

Again, no for sure proof. For all I know those tapes were fabricated. And he's telling the truth. But I'm just curious who here is into this case. And who believes in at least some of it.

Subject: Re: The Case Of The Amityville Haunting

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/20/16 at 3:36 pm

From my understanding from the time after the original film was released, the whole account was announced as fake, and that was back in the late 1970s or early 1980s.

Written By: Ripley on 09/20/16 at 4:26 pm

From my understanding from the time after the original film was released, the whole account was announced as fake, and that was back in the late 1970s or early 1980s.

He just said it I think 2014. And the Lutz family still says it's real.

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=132035

Written By: 80sfan on 09/20/16 at 6:51 pm

Several films have been released about this. So I'm sure you all know what it's about. But here is a refresher. A man named Ronnie DeFoe killed his family and said some demons made him do it. The Lutz family moved in and had a lot of experiences. Then the Warrens, Paranormal investigators, got involved. The family wrote a book.

Now years later DeFoe is saying he made it up. I think he's making up that it is fake. He has nothing better to do, he's in prison. And with all the attention the Lutz' and Warrens are getting with the Conjuring films, he wants a piece. Maybe that's not the reason. But they all say it is true. Some parts were over exaggerated yes, but it is real.

I know it's about 50/50 with who believes in ghosts and about 70% probably don't believe the accounts made by the family. But I believe it. Just because it was said in the news its now fake doesn't mean it's true. Then again, just because there are stories it doesn't mean it's real.

I have seen the Real footage of the investigation. I have read accounts beyond the family. I don't need a thousand movie remakes and docu ghost shows to show me it's real. I may sound crazy, trust me I'm not. But I have a strong feeling it's real.

Again, no for sure proof. For all I know those tapes were fabricated. And he's telling the truth. But I'm just curious who here is into this case. And who believes in at least some of it.

The more I live life, the more I realize there are some things we'll never know. And maybe that's the fun of life, that there are some things we can't know 100%. Mystery makes life fun.

Written By: Ripley on 09/20/16 at 6:53 pm

The more I live life, the more I realize there are some thing we'll never know. And maybe that's the fun of life, that there are some things we can't know 100%. Mystery makes life fun.

Yeah there are so many theories and hoaxes and urban legends. Most of which we'll never know.

Check for new replies or respond here...