inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What unpopular shows do you remember watching as a kid?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/25/16 at 9:19 am

One of them from Nickelodeon that I remember watching was Making Fiends, which only had six episodes from October to November of 2008. I remember being hyped up for this show when it came out, because I saw the webseries from Amy Winfrey's website.

Subject: Re: What unpopular shows do you remember watching as a kid?

Written By: aja675 on 09/25/16 at 9:26 am

Lola and Virginia
Genie in the House

Written By: mqg96 on 09/25/16 at 11:41 am

Duck Dodgers, Dave the Barbarian, MegaMan NT Warrior, Atomic Betty, Ozzy & Drix, Evil Con Carne, The Weekenders, Life With Derek, Fillmore, Loonatics Unleashed, Kappa Mikey, Yin Yang Yo!, Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes, Braceface, etc. these are some underrated/forgotten shows I can think of that a lot of people didn't talk about.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/25/16 at 12:12 pm

Duck Dodgers, Dave the Barbarian, MegaMan NT Warrior, Atomic Betty, Ozzy & Drix, Evil Con Carne, The Weekenders, Life With Derek, Fillmore, Loonatics Unleashed, Kappa Mikey, Yin Yang Yo!, Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes, Braceface, etc. these are some underrated/forgotten shows I can think of that a lot of people didn't talk about.

I'll add Men In Black and Krypto The Superdog with the majority of those shows I remember.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 09/25/16 at 12:20 pm

Duck Dodgers was my one of my favorite shows when I was 4 or 5, watched it a lot on tv, I've never heard anyone I know personally mention it.

Was the Lilo & Stitch tv show popular, I've never heard anyone talk about that, and it was my absolute favorite tv show, I think NewYorkEagle's avatar has an alien from it though.

Written By: 2001 on 09/25/16 at 1:08 pm

Mona The Vampire
Angela Anaconda
George and Martha
For Better or For Worse

Written By: mqg96 on 09/25/16 at 1:09 pm

Duck Dodgers was my one of my favorite shows when I was 4 or 5, watched it a lot on tv, I've never heard anyone I know personally mention it.

Was the Lilo & Stitch tv show popular, I've never heard anyone talk about that, and it was my absolute favorite tv show, I think NewYorkEagle's avatar has an alien from it though.

If you watched Disney Channel a lot, Lilo & Stitch was well known on there. People may not have talked about it, but it wasn't underrated. It had a hit movie in 2002 before the series started anyway. Lilo & Stitch wasn't as popular as Kim Possible or Phineas & Ferb, but it was definitely more common than Dave the Barbarian (which only lasted one season).

Written By: mqg96 on 09/25/16 at 1:12 pm

Angela Anaconda

That show was a disaster!!! http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/26.gif

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/25/16 at 1:14 pm

Was the Lilo & Stitch tv show popular, I've never heard anyone talk about that, and it was my absolute favorite tv show.

I think some people on the Internet talk about it with a nostalgic passion.

I think NewYorkEagle's avatar has an alien from it though.

Of course. It's Mr. Stenchy, or Experiment 254. I was gonna have another Lilo and Stitch avatar, but I didn't really thought most of the experiments were quite fitting. Although, I was close into having Reuben, or Experiment 625 in this case.

Written By: 2001 on 09/25/16 at 1:17 pm

That show was a disaster!!! http://media.ign.com/boardfaces/26.gif

It was hilarious, but apparently gave a lot of wimpy kids nightmares.  >:(

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 09/25/16 at 2:59 pm

If you watched Disney Channel a lot, Lilo & Stitch was well known on there. People may not have talked about it, but it wasn't underrated. It had a hit movie in 2002 before the series started anyway. Lilo & Stitch wasn't as popular as Kim Possible or Phineas & Ferb, but it was definitely more common than Dave the Barbarian (which only lasted one season).

I loved the movie too, I watched that all the time as a kid, but yeah, just didn't know how many people watched the show.
I think some people on the Internet talk about it with a nostalgic passion.

Of course. It's Mr. Stenchy, or Experiment 254. I was gonna have another Lilo and Stitch avatar, but I didn't really thought most of the experiments were quite fitting. Although, I was close into having Reuben, or Experiment 625 in this case.

I haven't seen the show since it ended, forgot his name! ;D. I remember Reuben though, his character showed up a lot more. :)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/25/16 at 3:01 pm

Mona The Vampire
Angela Anaconda
George and Martha
For Better or For Worse

I used to love that show when I was little. They had that show syndicated on HBO Family in the United States.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/25/16 at 3:05 pm

I haven't seen the show since it ended, forgot his name! ;D. I remember Reuben though, his character showed up a lot more. :)

Yeah. Mr. Stenchy only showed up for one regular episode, and on Leroy & Stitch.

Written By: wixness on 09/25/16 at 10:17 pm

Mona The Vampire

That and Zombie Hotel.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/26/16 at 1:07 am

Busy Buses:

The show only lasted for one season (in 2003), however it was one of my favourite shows when I was younger. I still have an episode of Busy Buses on VHS. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KWHaUl5J8o

Sitting Ducks:

When I was 7 and 8, Sitting Ducks was one of my favourite shows. If i'm not mistaken, the show only lasted for two seasons (in 2001-02).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGkOMvHOh3w

I never used to like these shows, however I can remember watching Angela Anaconda and Atomic Betty when I was a kid. Unfortunately, I can even remember the lyrics to the theme song of Atomic Betty.  :P

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 09/26/16 at 2:09 am

I loved the Mighty Ducks animated series back in the day. Used to watch it every Saturday morning on ABC in the fall of 1996. Unfortunately, even though I was fan, apparently not many other kids were, because it was cancelled in early 1997 after airing less than 30 episodes. Oh well, at least everybody agrees that the theme song kicked ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYwlXRVWCCI

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/16/16 at 11:09 am

I forgot to add Shuriken School. The theme has been memorable to me since then.

Written By: nally on 10/22/16 at 2:08 pm

In the early 1990s, Fox network had an animated series entitled Peter Pan & The Pirates, which lasted only one season, but had an interesting premise.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/22/16 at 2:10 pm

In the early 1990s, Fox network had an animated series entitled Peter Pan & The Pirates, which lasted only one season, but had an interesting premise.

I know that feeling when a certain show from your childhood only had one season.

Written By: nally on 10/22/16 at 2:13 pm

I know that feeling when a certain show from your childhood only had one season.

I was 10 years old at the time, and remember watching many animated shows then. Other such programs lasted at least two seasons, and were hence more popular.

Also during the 1990-91 season, ABC had a short-lived revival of the Match Game, which seemed like a popular rendition, but it too lasted only one season.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/22/16 at 2:22 pm

I was 10 years old at the time, and remember watching many animated shows then. Other such programs lasted at least two seasons, and were hence more popular.

There used to be a few cartoons that I used to watch as a kid, but it only lasted about a few seasons. A couple of them only had about 5-10 episodes as its season.

Written By: nally on 10/22/16 at 5:02 pm

And during the late 80s/early 90s, the norm for many of the cartoon shows from that time was to have 65 total episodes made, and they would continue to be shown on TV in reruns for years after that. The aforementioned Peter Pan & The Pirates had exactly that many eps, and it was only shown in reruns for the following season (1991-92) on the Fox network.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/22/16 at 5:17 pm

And during the late 80s/early 90s, the norm for many of the cartoon shows from that time was to have 65 total episodes made, and they would continue to be shown on TV in reruns for years after that. The aforementioned Peter Pan & The Pirates had exactly that many eps, and it was only shown in reruns for the following season (1991-92) on the Fox network.

I guess it only reran for only another season.

Written By: nally on 10/22/16 at 5:19 pm

I guess it only reran for only another season.

Yep, some programs did get to do that, while others didn't... due in part to popularity (and other factors).

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/22/16 at 5:21 pm

Yep, some programs did get to do that, while others didn't... due in part to popularity (and other factors).

Or maybe it wasn't good commercially.

Written By: nally on 10/22/16 at 5:24 pm

Or maybe it wasn't good commercially.

Or attract as many viewers as other shows did.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 10/22/16 at 6:30 pm

I was younger than you were at the time, but I think I recall Peter Pan & The Pirates, too. I used to watch a lot of Fox back in the early '90s because my parents didn't get cable until 1994, and so our local Fox station was one of only 4 channels that we got through antenna. Because of this, I can recall more obscure Fox shows from that era (stuff like Roc and Herman's Head) than others my age probably do.

I watched this intro, and it definitely looks familiar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlgEH2IAKHI

Written By: Knew Wave on 10/22/16 at 10:21 pm

I wasn't a kid, but I watched a horror series called "She Wolf Of London". It was a British show that was syndicated here. The main protagonists faced off against all kinds of creatures and monsters. It was a bit campy, but it was very original.

Written By: nally on 10/22/16 at 10:28 pm

Another "unpopular" program I can remember watching was Baby Talk, a sitcom on ABC that was part of the "T.G.I.F." lineup during the 1991-92 season. It starred Mary Page Keller as a single mother of a baby boy, whose thoughts were voiced off-camera by Tony Danza. The show had actually premiered in March of 1991, with Julia Duffy playing the part of the single mom, but when it returned for a full season in September of that year, Keller was cast instead.  The premise of the show was kinda like the Look Who's Talking movie franchise; in fact, the show may have been inspired or influenced by LWT. In addition, the theme song was a reworking of the Newbeats' 1964 hit "Bread & Butter", with modified lyrics in several lines.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/22/16 at 10:33 pm

Another "unpopular" program I can remember watching was Baby Talk, a sitcom on ABC that was part of the "T.G.I.F." lineup during the 1991-92 season. It starred Mary Page Keller as a single mother of a baby boy, whose thoughts were voiced off-camera by Tony Danza. The show had actually premiered in March of 1991, with Julia Duffy playing the part of the single mom, but when it returned for a full season in September of that year, Keller was cast instead.  The premise of the show was kinda like the Look Who's Talking movie franchise; in fact, the show may have been inspired or influenced by LWT. In addition, the theme song was a reworking of the Newbeats' 1964 hit "Bread & Butter", with modified lyrics in several lines.

It's like Look Who's Talking as a TV show, but it's not adapted from the movie.

Written By: nally on 10/22/16 at 10:36 pm

It's like Look Who's Talking as a TV show, but it's not adapted from the movie.

Precisely. I said it was possibly influenced or inspired by the movie, not an adaptation. In fact, according to Wikopedia:

the series first went into development in 1990 titled Look Who's Talking, but by the summer of 1990, with the movie sequel Look Who's Talking Too hitting theaters in December of that year, Ed. Weinberger and Amy Heckerling thought it would be best to avoid causing confusion among viewers. With the TV series and movie likely to run concurrently, they decided to rename the series Baby Talk before fall promotions began.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/22/16 at 10:48 pm

Precisely. I said it was possibly influenced or inspired by the movie, not an adaptation. In fact, according to Wikopedia:

I'm kinda surprised that they didn't know about the first movie in 1989.

Written By: nally on 10/22/16 at 10:53 pm

I'm kinda surprised that they didn't know about the first movie in 1989.

Yeah; why else would they have considered that title for a TV series?

Wiki also gives the reasons why the show ultimately got cancelled: ratings were declining, numerous timeslot adjustments, and the massive cast and setting overhaul for season two. The 1991 Electronic Media Critics' Poll even voted it "the Worst Series on Television" and it got canned in May of 1992, with reruns continuing only to the end of June or thereabouts.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/22/16 at 10:57 pm

Yeah; why else would they have considered that title for a TV series?

Wiki also gives the reasons why the show ultimately got cancelled: ratings were declining, numerous timeslot adjustments, and the massive cast and setting overhaul for season two. The 1991 Electronic Media Critics' Poll even voted it "the Worst Series on Television" and it got canned in May of 1992, with reruns continuing only to the end of June or thereabouts.

It had two seasons? It sounds like people wanted it to end since the first episode premiered. I feel sorry for the people that had to produce the show to a major network.

Written By: nally on 10/22/16 at 11:03 pm

It had two seasons? It sounds like people wanted it to end since the first episode premiered. I feel sorry for the people that had to produce the show to a major network.

Yes, but only one full season. In my above post, I mentioned that it premiered in March of 1991, (already past the midpoint of the 1990-91 season) and then returned in September for a full season (1991-92).

As an 11-year-old at the time, I found the show kinda interesting, but only for the parts where Tony Danza was voicing Baby Mickey's thoughts (addressed toward the viewers). Other baby/toddler characters appeared in various episodes, "interacting" with Mickey via their "thoughts" voiced by other actors. (Hence the title of the show.)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/23/16 at 9:26 am

Yes, but only one full season. In my above post, I mentioned that it premiered in March of 1991, (already past the midpoint of the 1990-91 season) and then returned in September for a full season (1991-92).

As an 11-year-old at the time, I found the show kinda interesting, but only for the parts where Tony Danza was voicing Baby Mickey's thoughts (addressed toward the viewers). Other baby/toddler characters appeared in various episodes, "interacting" with Mickey via their "thoughts" voiced by other actors. (Hence the title of the show.)

Now it sounds like they wanted to make a show from Look Who's Talking after they saw in it theaters. I mean it's not a bad idea, if they could've contacted Tristar to have them make an adaptation of the movie with their production and permission, since it would've been better that way.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 10/23/16 at 4:15 pm

http://www.tvhistorypod.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/MSI03.jpg
My Secret Identity

http://kabooooom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Out-of-this-World-1.jpg

Out of this World

http://awesomebmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Munster-2.jpg

Munsters Today

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/superboy/superboy-john-stacey1.jpg

Superboy

Written By: nally on 10/23/16 at 8:50 pm

Now it sounds like they wanted to make a show from Look Who's Talking after they saw in it theaters. I mean it's not a bad idea, if they could've contacted Tristar to have them make an adaptation of the movie with their production and permission, since it would've been better that way.

Maybe so, but it's anyone's guess as to how well it could have caught on.

Written By: nally on 10/23/16 at 8:51 pm

http://kabooooom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Out-of-this-World-1.jpg

Out of this World

I enjoyed that show. Particularly the parts in which Evie, the protagonist, uses her "powers", including pointing her index fingers together to freeze time. :D

Written By: tv on 10/24/16 at 1:24 am

I liked "Sinbad" when I was young but it lasted one season(just looked on Wikipedia.) I remember the show "Joe's Life" too but it wasn't on too long like a few months(just looked at Wikipedia for that too.)

Written By: Howard on 10/24/16 at 2:59 pm

I enjoyed that show. Particularly the parts in which Evie, the protagonist, uses her "powers", including pointing her index fingers together to freeze time. :D

I loved that show too.

Written By: nally on 10/24/16 at 11:38 pm

I liked "Sinbad" when I was young but it lasted one season(just looked on Wikipedia.) I remember the show "Joe's Life" too but it wasn't on too long like a few months(just looked at Wikipedia for that too.)

I remember Sinbad; it was on Fox network in the 90s. Surprised it only lasted one season. Also according to Wiki, it aired on Thursday nights during the 1993-94 season, airing immediately after the Simpsons (the final season in which that show aired on Thursdays).

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 10/25/16 at 12:19 am

Another forgotten show that I liked back in the day was Fudge. I used to watch that show on Saturday mornings as a kid in the mid '90s, but it was sadly cancelled after only a season or two. There's almost nothing out there on the internet about it these days, other than this promo commercial I found. Does anyone else remember this show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMmEeRxUVuU

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/25/16 at 5:45 am

Another forgotten show that I liked back in the day was Fudge. I used to watch that show on Saturday mornings as a kid in the mid '90s, but it was sadly cancelled after only a season or two. There's almost nothing out there on the internet about it these days, other than this promo commercial I found. Does anyone else remember this show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMmEeRxUVuU

I remember reading the books. I never knew they made a show out of this.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 10/25/16 at 10:12 am

I remember reading the books. I never knew they made a show out of this.

Yeah, the Judy Blume book series that the show was based on is much more remembered than the show itself. Not surprising at all that you've never heard of the show. It's so obscure that even a lot of other folks my age probably don't remember it.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/25/16 at 2:29 pm

Yeah, the Judy Blume book series that the show was based on is much more remembered than the show itself. Not surprising at all that you've never heard of the show. It's so obscure that even a lot of other folks my age probably don't remember it.

I guess it depended whether or not you didn't have cable during the 90s. Although, it seems rather weird that most older 90s kids don't know that they made a TV adaptation out of the Fudge series.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/29/16 at 4:16 pm

At 6 years old I recall watching this is a kid!GSTlyORcF1w

Written By: Looney Toon on 10/30/16 at 12:22 pm

AVoSylY5M_4

acsxg2vBwvo

Both of these shows were really bizarre, but I loved them. Even bought the complete DVDs for them.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 11/02/16 at 5:03 am

Even though it only ran for two seasons (2001-02), Sheep In The Big City was one of my favourite cartoons when I was 9/10 years old. It was a strange cartoon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzuFzJD9pyA

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/02/16 at 5:30 am

Even though it only ran for two seasons (2001-02), Sheep In The Big City was one of my favourite cartoons when I was 9/10 years old. It was a strange cartoon...

They aired it in Australia when you were 9? Damn, that makes me jealous since I never watched the show.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 11/02/16 at 12:57 pm

That's a good one. Sheep in the Big City was one of my favorite underrated shows back in the day. Truly a forgotten gem from Cartoon Network's Golden Era in the late '90s/early '00s.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 11/02/16 at 7:16 pm

A lot of them that some others have mentioned. Now that the ones that haven't been said that I recall are the Weakest Link (I don't see many people talking about that show), Digimon, Case Closed, Robot Jones, Clifford, So Weird, Kappa Mikey, Mr Meaty ;D, and Pepper Ann.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/02/16 at 7:59 pm

A lot of them that some others have mentioned. Now that the ones that haven't been said that I recall are the Weakest Link (I don't see many people talking about that show), Digimon, Case Closed, Robot Jones, Clifford, So Weird, Kappa Mikey, Mr Meaty ;D, and Pepper Ann.

If it's the 2000 show, then a lot of people actually knew that it existed. Hell, even I knew it existed as a kid during the mid 2000s.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 11/02/16 at 8:08 pm

If it's the 2000 show, then a lot of people actually knew that it existed. Hell, even I knew it existed as a kid during the mid 2000s.
Yeah. That show, but really? I don't see it being mentioned much like the others.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/02/16 at 8:15 pm

Yeah. That show, but really? I don't see it being mentioned much like the others.

We actually mentioned it here by a couple of members, including myself. I remember when I first started here, one of my first posts was about Clifford, and mqg96 thought that the original Big Red Dog series was better. Even though I grew up with both the 2000 original and 2003 Puppy Days shows.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 11/02/16 at 8:25 pm

We actually mentioned it here by a couple of members, including myself. I remember when I first started here, one of my first posts was about Clifford, and mqg96 thought that the original Big Red Dog series was better. Even though I grew up with both the 2000 original and 2003 Puppy Days shows.
But only you and him mentioned the show. A majority haven't. Every site I go on that talks about kid shows, Clifford is not discussed among anyone.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/02/16 at 8:30 pm

But only you and him mentioned the show. A majority haven't. Every site I go on that talks about kid shows, Clifford is not discussed among anyone.

It's discussed a lot in the YouTube comment section. Hell, it's probably one of the most iconic PBS Kids shows in the early 2000s.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 11/02/16 at 8:40 pm

It's discussed a lot in the YouTube comment section. Hell, it's probably one of the most iconic PBS Kids shows in the early 2000s.
Well that's one source, but the rest once again don't talk about that show for some reason. Maybe lots of people forgot it.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 11/03/16 at 5:19 am

They aired it in Australia when you were 9? Damn, that makes me jealous since I never watched the show.

The Australian Cartoon Network probably would have aired it when the show was being produced, however, it was still airing re-runs of Sheep In The Big City until as recently as 2009! To be honest, I don't know how I became interested in Sheep In The Big City, because I only watched Cartoon Network on the rare occasion.

Written By: 2001 on 11/06/16 at 6:54 pm

Woah that's a real blast from the past to me. I loved this show when I was 4/5 and was suffering Aladdin withdrawals!

I think I mentioned elsewhere on this site that I liked reading the Clifford books in the late 1990s, but felt too old for the TV show when it made its debut.

Digimon was huge!

That's a good one. Sheep in the Big City was one of my favorite underrated shows back in the day. Truly a forgotten gem from Cartoon Network's Golden Era in the late '90s/early '00s.

I loved watching that show whenever I went to Europe/Asia. I'm glad I got to watch it, because... I only have one life to live!.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/06/16 at 8:16 pm

I think I mentioned elsewhere on this site that I liked reading the Clifford books in the late 1990s, but felt too old for the TV show when it made its debut.

I never knew you said that before. Frankly, most of the people that I knew probably watched the 2000 Clifford show, since they were probably born during the mid-late 90s.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/08/16 at 6:44 pm

At 7 years old you felt too old for the show?! ???  Clifford didn't feel like a preschool shwo to me. Watched it until I was 8 1/12.

Written By: mqg96 on 11/08/16 at 6:55 pm

At 7 years old you felt too old for the show?! ???  Clifford didn't feel like a preschool shwo to me. Watched it until I was 8 1/12.

LOL! I never thought you'd say that! Most preschool shows felt too old for me by the time I was 6 1/2. When I was 6 still in Kindergarten that's the last time I could handle preschool shows, but by summer after Kindergarten ended it started feeling too babyish for me because I already knew that stuff. PBS Kids shows were more educational than preschoolish anyway so I could see why you believe that. Arthur was the only show from PBS I still watched as late as 8 years old. Clifford felt too babyish for me even after I finished Kindergarten. I liked Berenstain Bears at age 7 though.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/08/16 at 7:05 pm

Damn. I stopped watching Clifford when I was almost 7. I thought I was the only person who quit watching PBS Kids at a non-Kindergarten age.

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/09/16 at 9:50 am

I watched PBS Kids until I was 10-11 in early 2002 I was forced to tune in since we didn't have cable. I enjoyed Clifford though. I used to hate when the show went off.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/09/16 at 10:33 am

I watched PBS Kids until I was 10-11 in early 2002 I was forced to tune in since we didn't have cable. I enjoyed Clifford though. I used to hate when the show went off.

Was there other PBS Kids shows you liked, or was that it?

Written By: Howard on 11/09/16 at 3:04 pm

Back in the 80's I watched Mr.Rogers Neighborhood, 321 Contact, The Electric Company and Reading Rainbow.

Written By: nally on 11/09/16 at 4:20 pm

Back in the 80's I watched Mr.Rogers Neighborhood, 321 Contact, The Electric Company and Reading Rainbow.

I knew about Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, although I have no clear memories of watching it. It was popular, though.

I may also remember 321 Contact; I even subscribed to the magazine for my first few teenage years.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/09/16 at 5:13 pm

I knew about Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, although I have no clear memories of watching it. It was popular, though.

I may also remember 321 Contact; I even subscribed to the magazine for my first few teenage years.

I only remember listening to the theme song. But frankly, I didn't really like watching Mr. Roger's Neighborhood as a kid, since I grew up with its early-mid 2000s shows.

Written By: 2001 on 11/09/16 at 10:33 pm

Lol, I'm pretty inconsistent when it comes to pre-school shows. I watched Teletubbies till I was 7 and Blue Clues until I was 8 ;D

I guess the common theme is, if it started airing when I was 0-4 years old, I continued watching it. Anything after that though, I was too old and wise!

Written By: Howard on 11/10/16 at 3:31 pm

I only remember listening to the theme song. But frankly, I didn't really like watching Mr. Roger's Neighborhood as a kid, since I grew up with its early-mid 2000s shows.

I enjoyed watching Mr.Rogers.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/10/16 at 3:40 pm

Lol, I'm pretty inconsistent when it comes to pre-school shows. I watched Teletubbies till I was 7 and Blue Clues until I was 8 ;D

I guess the common theme is, if it started airing when I was 0-4 years old, I continued watching it. Anything after that though, I was too old and wise!

I felt the same with Nick Jr, even though I quit watching it when I was 7. But watching Teletubbies until age 7 seems rather awkward, since the show was boring as sh*t. Even as a kid, I felt like it was too eeire (in a peaceful way) to watch it often.

Written By: 2001 on 11/10/16 at 9:06 pm

I felt the same with Nick Jr, even though I quit watching it when I was 7. But watching Teletubbies until age 7 seems rather awkward, since the show was boring as sh*t. Even as a kid, I felt like it was too eeire (in a peaceful way) to watch it often.

It was an awful show, I agree. I just like fluffy things #NoHomo

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/10/16 at 9:17 pm

It was an awful show, I agree. I just like fluffy things #NoHomo

Yeah. Same with me. I guess it was because I liked BBC's kids shows when I was little. Especially Cbeebies (which I'm not sure if you had that in Canada).

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/10/16 at 11:57 pm

"Teletubbies" was targeted for pre-school children (3 to 4 years), so know wonder you were bored of it at the age of seven.

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/11/16 at 9:58 am

Come to think of it, Dragon Tales was probably my favorite show on the network. That and Clifford used to take turns. I used to only could catch Dragon Tales at school though. Sagwa was ok. I was fascinated by Teletubbies due to the over world. Zoom was the last resort, but depressive. Not only being the last show that ends the block.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/11/16 at 10:57 am

Come to think of it, Dragon Tales was probably my favorite show on the network. That and Clifford used to take turns. I used to only could catch Dragon Tales at school though. Sagwa was ok. I was fascinated by Teletubbies due to the over world. Zoom was the last resort, but depressive. Not only being the last show that ends the block.

I guess we have the same interests over PBS Kids. I used to watch Dragon Tales, Clifford (both the original and Puppy Days), Sagwa, Teletubbies, Boohbah, Arthur, and a bunch of others when I was little. I regret watching Barney, Cailou, and Sesame Street, since they weren't that decent to watch.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 02/08/17 at 12:18 am

This was a forgotten show I used to watch on Nicktoons back in the day:

kED8B60nOKU

I always found the show, weird. I couldn't exactly ponder about what I found weird about as a kid. Note, it wasn't a bad weird (like the monstrosity that was Mr Meaty...), more like a surreal comedy gone bad kind of way. Intriguing but jarring at the same time. Even today when I watch this theme song I'm sitting here dazed and confused wondering, 'What did I just watch.....?'

Written By: 80sfan on 02/08/17 at 12:26 am

Pepper Ann??

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/pepperanncast_5224.jpg

Written By: mqg96 on 02/08/17 at 1:02 am

kED8B60nOKU

I always found the show, weird. I couldn't exactly ponder about what I found weird about as a kid. Note, it wasn't a bad weird (like the monstrosity that was Mr Meaty...), more like a surreal comedy gone bad kind of way. Intriguing but jarring at the same time. Even today when I watch this theme song I'm sitting here dazed and confused wondering, 'What did I just watch.....?'

The Sheep In The Big City or Brace Face of Nickelodeon lol in terms of popularity and how noticeable it was on the network. I remember this intro, but I don't remember what went on throughout the show.

Written By: aja675 on 02/26/17 at 6:12 am

This '90s Nick short film about a girl with a talking pimple.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/26/17 at 8:24 am

Pepper Ann??

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/pepperanncast_5224.jpg

Pepper Ann seems rather popular with anyone who watched it on ABC, especially during the late 90s.

Written By: Looney Toon on 02/26/17 at 12:13 pm

This '90s Nick short film about a girl with a talking pimple.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md1boreems1r2dm3do1_500.gif

Written By: mqg96 on 02/26/17 at 1:02 pm

Pepper Ann seems rather popular with anyone who watched it on ABC, especially during the late 90s.

Reruns of Pepper Ann were on Disney Channel from late 2001-mid 2002 and were also on Toon Disney from late 2001-2004.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/26/17 at 1:10 pm

Reruns of Pepper Ann were on Disney Channel from late 2001-mid 2002 and were also on Toon Disney from late 2001-2004.

That too, but I'm talking about it when it used to air new episodes.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/26/17 at 1:10 pm

Well, at least some people think it was an Amanda Show skit.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/26/17 at 1:21 pm

That too, but I'm talking about it when it used to air new episodes.

Yeah I understand. A lot of Disney Afternoon, One Saturday Morning, and Disney Channel original cartoons were unpopular & underrated whether there were new episodes or reruns. Disney has always been more popular for their movies and live-action shows than animated TV shows throughout the years since that's never been their main focus. Disney has a large variety of stuff they own like Disney World, Disney Land, ABC, ESPN, animated movies, live-action drama/teen shows, etc. and a lot of Disney's stuff has a popular formula with animals, magic, fairy tales, princesses, singing, or idolizing a girl into a star. Animated TV series is on the bottom of their list. Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, or Saturday Morning cartoon blocks in the past always had it top priority on its animated TV shows which is why those were a lot more popular or well-known.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/26/17 at 1:47 pm

The problem is I rarely watch 'unpopular' shows because usually there's a reason why they're unpopular. AKA they suck.
But I'm open minded and willing to watch an unpopular show once, or twice, to see if I like it.

Written By: Looney Toon on 02/26/17 at 2:00 pm

The problem is I rarely watch 'unpopular' shows because usually there's a reason why they're unpopular. AKA they suck.
But I'm open minded and willing to watch an unpopular show once, or twice, to see if I like it.

There are unpopular/underrated shows that are good. Shows such as
MVoH4odBCvsPRli1rRMoSQ
acsxg2vBwvoXbRwj1Kj3xk

Decent shows that no one really talks about. No one mentions Felix the cat and no one really knows about Sam & Max outside of the old PC game. When people mention He-Man they always bring up that bad old 80s version. And when people talk about Kids WB I never see a mention of Earthworm Jim. But I do remember liking these cartoons when they aired on TV. I just didn't think I'd be one of the only people to ever really watch them. Then again there are always reasons a certain show is unpopular, but sometimes it just has to do with it not being promoted well or that there are more bigger cartoons stealing the spotlight.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/26/17 at 2:11 pm

Pepper Ann didn't really suck, from what I heard. It wasn't popular back in the late 90s (according to mqg96), but reruns during the early 2000s on Toon Disney and Disney Channel made it popular (somehow).

Written By: mqg96 on 02/26/17 at 4:06 pm

Pepper Ann didn't really suck, from what I heard. It wasn't popular back in the late 90s (according to mqg96), but reruns during the early 2000s on Toon Disney and Disney Channel made it popular (somehow).

I didn't say reruns made the show more popular than it was during its original run. Go back and read what I said on why Disney's animated TV series are not as popular as Nick or CN series. This applies to a lot of those Disney series equally whether it was new episodes or reruns. There are some exceptions like Gargoyles, Recess, Kim Possible, or Phineas & Ferb which were very popular Disney cartoons that were well-known by everybody.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/26/17 at 5:02 pm

I didn't say reruns made the show more popular than it was during its original run. Go back and read what I said on why Disney's animated TV series are not as popular as Nick or CN series. This applies to a lot of those Disney series equally whether it was new episodes or reruns. There are some exceptions like Gargoyles, Recess, Kim Possible, or Phineas & Ferb which were very popular Disney cartoons that were well-known by everybody.

Well, that makes sense. Most of the Disney fanbase cares more about the movies than Disney Channel's original programming. Especially since a lot of DC shows and movies are targeted towards children and preteens, while Disney's movies are made for both children and adults. But as a person who grew up more with Dreamworks than Disney as a whole, I wouldn't really mind that.  :P

Written By: aja675 on 02/26/17 at 9:35 pm

They reaired it in 2007 despite being from 1996 or 1997. It was part of this series of short films: https://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DuZrbGIH8XrI&ved=0ahUKEwjy3IaNrK_SAhXHXLwKHXztBGIQwqsBCCQwAw&usg=AFQjCNFxM8kMeFn9fAmf4zahv6zZ4zeicQ&sig2=0kJ8nTwqY15iTfCbSa7VoQ

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/27/17 at 5:23 am

They reaired it in 2007 despite being from 1996 or 1997. It was part of this series of short films: https://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DuZrbGIH8XrI&ved=0ahUKEwjy3IaNrK_SAhXHXLwKHXztBGIQwqsBCCQwAw&usg=AFQjCNFxM8kMeFn9fAmf4zahv6zZ4zeicQ&sig2=0kJ8nTwqY15iTfCbSa7VoQ

I don't think a lot of people knew it existed. Hell, I doubt that a lot of people watched it for the 2007 rerun.

Written By: aja675 on 02/27/17 at 6:00 am

I don't think a lot of people knew it existed. Hell, I doubt that a lot of people watched it for the 2007 rerun.

Check out my comments on the video.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/27/17 at 6:12 am

Check out my comments on the video.

But there still isn't evidence on that short film you talked about. I'm not sure if it even exist, since it doesn't have a Wikipedia article.

Written By: aja675 on 02/27/17 at 6:43 am

But there still isn't evidence on that short film you talked about. I'm not sure if it even exist, since it doesn't have a Wikipedia article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nickelodeon_short_films#Short_Films_by_Short_People

Personally, I'm not sure if those short films are lost because people might have ended up recording them on VHS back in the day while trying to record another program, the same way that people have ended up videotaping commercial breaks, as you could see from all the old commercial breaks on YouTube.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/27/17 at 10:21 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nickelodeon_short_films#Short_Films_by_Short_People

Personally, I'm not sure if those short films are lost because people might have ended up recording them on VHS back in the day while trying to record another program, the same way that people have ended up videotaping commercial breaks, as you could see from all the old commercial breaks on YouTube.

I think it's extremely rare for anybody to record these short films back in the day. It's not like they were around often in any of Nickelodeon's schedules during the 90s and early 2000s.

Written By: aja675 on 02/27/17 at 6:55 pm

I think it's extremely rare for anybody to record these short films back in the day. It's not like they were around often in any of Nickelodeon's schedules during the 90s and early 2000s.
Someone might have recorded them on VHS because commercial breaks are unskippable on tape.

Written By: YuYuYuuki on 02/27/17 at 7:44 pm

There was an Amanda Show skit about a pimple, it was done in claymation.

Anyway, anyone remember George Shrinks? It was an anime (I think) that was on PBS Kids in the early 2000s about a boy who was 3 inches tall. He always reminded me of Brock from Pokemon.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/27/17 at 7:51 pm

Anyway, anyone remember George Shrinks? It was an anime (I think) that was on PBS Kids in the early 2000s about a boy who was 3 inches tall. He always reminded me of Brock from Pokemon.

Technically, it was animated by a Chinese company called Jade Animation. It may look like an anime because of that.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 03/03/17 at 6:16 am

Here's another unpopular kids show, which ironically, was one of my favourite early childhood shows; Maisy. The series was produced between 1999-2001, but only 27 episodes were ever made. I personally don't know anyone else who watched Maisy when they were infants/toddlers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EgsxoH3f6M

In case you're interested, here is the Wikipedia article about the show:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maisy

I forgot about Yakkity-Yak! It used to air on Nickelodeon Aus on a pretty regular basis back in the Mid 2000s, even though the series only lasted for one season. Thanks for reminding me of it! I was never a regular viewer of the show, but I did watch it occasionally. :)

Written By: Zelek3 on 03/03/17 at 6:19 am

Here's another unpopular kids show, which ironically, was one of my favourite early childhood shows; Maisy. The series was produced between 1999-2001, but only 27 episodes were ever made. I personally don't know anyone else who watched Maisy when they were infants/toddlers.

I had the Maisy books as a toddler.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/03/17 at 6:25 am

Holy crap, I used to watch that show all the time on Noggin when I was 4 and 5.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 03/03/17 at 7:31 am

I had the Maisy books as a toddler.

Interesting to hear. I don't think I ever owned the Maisy books, but I used to have episodes of the TV series on video. :)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/03/17 at 7:34 pm

Interesting to hear. I don't think I ever owned the Maisy books, but I used to have episodes of the TV series on video. :)

Me and my friend (whom I never talked to in five years) made fun of the books back then. It was at that time when we thought preschool shows were too old for us, and that they needed to be cancelled. lol

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 03/03/17 at 8:38 pm

Me and my friend (whom I never talked to in five years) made fun of the books back then. It was at that time when we thought preschool shows were too old for us, and that they needed to be cancelled. lol

Haha. :P I used to do the same thing with shows such as Bob The Builder and Postman Pat, except that I never thought that they should be cancelled. I never liked Postman Pat (or Fireman Sam), so I used to joke about the show's theme song quite a lot when I was a kid. :P

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/03/17 at 8:44 pm

Haha. :P I used to do the same thing with shows such as Bob The Builder and Postman Pat, except that I never thought that they should be cancelled. I never liked Postman Pat (or Fireman Sam), so I used to joke about the show's theme song quite a lot when I was a kid. :P

I'm not entirely sure if me and my friend wanted them to be cancelled. But we still made fun of them, especially the characters. I remember he said he despised Barney when he was very little, and that he watched Spongebob since he was about 2.

Written By: YuYuYuuki on 03/16/17 at 7:14 pm

I did the same thing with Barney when I was around 8 or 9. And I loved Maisy as a kid. I saw a hilarious image a few years back around the Net where it's a parody of a Maisy book cover that says "Maisy's First Steps in Gynaecology: A Lift the Flaps Book". I couldn't stop laughing!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/16/17 at 7:24 pm

I did the same thing with Barney when I was around 8 or 9. And I loved Maisy as a kid. I saw a hilarious image a few years back around the Net where it's a parody of a Maisy book cover that says "Maisy's First Steps in Gynaecology: A Lift the Flaps Book". I couldn't stop laughing!

I looked up the Maisy parody book cover and it was funny.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/16/17 at 8:02 pm

I was 14.  I always thought that this was the most stupid show of the time.  ;D

W_PrRd-Y56c

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/16/17 at 8:03 pm

I was 14.  I always thought that this was the most stupid show of the time.  ;D

W_PrRd-Y56c

The Toxic Crusader had a TV show, Friday the 13th had a TV show, and even Nightmare on Elm Street had a TV show. Is there any other horror franchises that had obscure TV shows?

Check for new replies or respond here...