inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Generation Gap: Millenials vs Silent Generation and Greatest Generation

Written By: d90 on 11/17/16 at 1:01 am

How big is the generation gap between Millennials and the Silent Generation and Greatest Generation. What conflicts are there between them.

Subject: Re: The Generation Gap: Millenials vs Silent Generation and Greatest Generation

Written By: #Infinity on 11/17/16 at 11:19 am

Seriously, all of these generationology threads are getting really tiring really quickly. It's such a subjective matter that varies heavily from person to person, and you people keep treating it like rocket science, as if people have to be labelled simply by what year they were born, even if the cusps are merely within a few years of each other. I know I've talked about decade sub-eras on a fair number of occasions, and I've even given my two cents on generation boundaries, but this here is just overwhelming. It feels like almost every single active thread over the past few days has been about comparing "early/mid/late ____-borns/generations" to each other. Maybe those of you who are perpetuating these discussions are getting a lot of enjoyment out of them, in which case, good for you. However, I am definitely missing the topical variety as of late, and I bet I'm probably not totally alone.

Subject: Re: The Generation Gap: Millenials vs Silent Generation and Greatest Generation

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 11/17/16 at 11:27 am

Seriously, all of these generationology threads are getting really tiring really quickly. It's such a subjective matter that varies heavily from person to person, and you people keep treating it like rocket science, as if people have to be labelled simply by what year they were born, even if the cusps are merely within a few years of each other. I know I've talked about decade sub-eras on a fair number of occasions, and I've even given my two cents on generation boundaries, but this here is just overwhelming. It feels like almost every single active thread over the past few days has been about comparing "early/mid/late ____-borns/generations" to each other. Maybe those of you who are perpetuating these discussions are getting a lot of enjoyment out of them, in which case, good for you. However, I am definitely missing the topical variety as of late, and I bet I'm probably not totally alone.

Agreed Jacqueline!

Written By: muppethammer26 on 11/17/16 at 3:02 pm

Agreed Jacqueline!

I do compare the generation-related threads to decadeology.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/17/16 at 3:41 pm

It shouldn't really matter. Even if it does, Millennials are no where near as relatable as Silent and Greatest Generation members.

Written By: Howard on 11/17/16 at 4:05 pm

I agree Jacqeline, they're getting repetitive.  ::)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 11/17/16 at 6:34 pm

This was unnecessary since the latter generations are no longer here as much anymore, but one of the clashes is that the GIs and Silents vs. the Millennials are that the former had endured more a very horrible economic crisis long term while the Yers endured one for a short term.

Written By: Knew Wave on 11/17/16 at 11:55 pm

The bottom line is that no generation can escape life. You also can't escape the fact that people aren't ages or generations, although they have many things in common with people from their eras. You find the best people, as well as the worst people, in all neutral groupings. The basics (birth, life, death, joy, sorrow, love) have a way of not really changing all that much from generation to generation.

Check for new replies or respond here...