inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What If you were born 6 years later

Written By: muppethammer26 on 11/26/16 at 8:52 pm

Inspired by the 6 years earlier topic, I just created this one to see how all of you be doing if you were born 6 years later.

Subject: Re: What If you were born 6 years later

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/26/16 at 9:34 pm

If I were born in 2005...

I would've start Kindergarten in the 2010-11 school year.
I would have an iPad throughout most, if not, all of my elementary school years.
I would barely have any memories of watching Nickelodeon before the 2009 logo change. But even with that, I would've been more attracted with the modern era, thanks to '05 babies being very young at the time.
I would've watch Cartoon Network during the early Check It era, while watching Regular Show, Adventure Time, Gumball, Teen Titans Go, and other shows regularly (no pun intended).
I would've watch Disney Channel during its dominant sitcom era (early-mid 2010s). Although... it wouldn't be fun to watch. *shudders*
I would never have a memory during the '43 Bush administration. Hell, I don't even think I would know what politics is until the 2010s.
YouTube would've been part of my life, even at a very young age. I would've been shown YouTube videos at my toddler years, since YouTube was still popular in 2007. *shudders*
Speaking of YouTube, I would've been a die hard PewDiePie and Markiplier fan throughout my childhood. The fact in which I said that makes me pity '05 babies in general.
My parents would've listened to Evanescence, Linkin Park, and all the other cool bands in the 2000s, while I'll just be stuck with post-2003 Baby Einstein and other baby music during the 2000s. *shudders*
My first console would've been a 3DS, Wii U, Xbox One, or a PS4 of all consoles. Not to mention that most of my classmates would possibly know what GTA and Call of Duty is, despite being in the ages of 5-10.
I would've played Minecraft excessively, like all the other spoiled mid and late 2000s babies in every first world country. *shudders*
I would've been a kid during the Game of Thrones/American Horror Story era. Hell, having parents interested with those shows while having to go to bed in their airtime would suck.
Last but not least, I wouldn't know what the hell a VCR is. Unless I watched those VHS openings on YouTube if I were growing up.  :P

Written By: 80sfan on 11/26/16 at 9:37 pm

I might be a totally different person. Six years makes a huge difference!  :o

Written By: 2001 on 11/26/16 at 9:57 pm

Hmm, I have sisters born 2005, and I'm born 1993, so I guess 1999 would be like in-between.  :o

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/26/16 at 10:02 pm

Hmm, I have sisters born 2005, and I'm born 1993, so I guess 1999 would be like in-between.  :o

Even with being born in 1999, I don't think 2005 babies would relate with me so much.

Written By: 2001 on 11/26/16 at 10:10 pm

Even with being born in 1999, I don't think 2005 babies would relate with me so much.

Probably because they're still kids. In terms of childhood, you guys watched Disney Channel and played 7th gen games, so there's that. Their teenage years are yet to be written, though.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 11/26/16 at 10:36 pm

I know NewYorkEagle already posted if he had of been born in 2005, but I might as well do it too: :P

I would have started pre-school in 2009!
2007 would probably be the earliest year I could remember.
I wouldn't have any memories of a pre-YouTube or pre-Facebook world.
2009 would more than likely be the first year I would remember things vividly.
I would have started primary school in 2010 or 2011.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 11/26/16 at 10:49 pm

I would be a 1993 baby. :P

Written By: muppethammer26 on 11/26/16 at 11:14 pm

Here are mine's if I were to be born in 2002:

1. I wouldn't have any memories of a pre-social media world.
2. My first console would be either an Xbox 360, a PS3 or a Wii.
3. During my childhood, I would have been playing my DS in the late 00's and my 3DS in the early 10's.
4. I wouldn't know what the world looked like before 2000.
5. I would have grew up entirely with YouTube and social media.
6. Not pay attention to the Iraq War/Great Recession news as it was going on.
7. Not pay attention to GWB during his presidency.
8. Went to elementary school in the late 00's/early 10's and middle school in the mid 10's.
9. Today, I would have just started high school!
10. My first cell phone would be a smartphone.

Written By: 2001 on 11/26/16 at 11:17 pm

I would be a 1993 baby. :P

Your baby photos would be on Instagram! In skinny jeans!

Written By: muppethammer26 on 11/26/16 at 11:18 pm

Your baby photos would be on Instagram! In skinny jeans!

Instagram didn't exist in 1993 and there were no skinny jeans.

Written By: d90 on 11/26/16 at 11:31 pm

I would be born In 1996
I would barely remember 1999.
I would be a 2000s kid
5 years old on 9/11
I would have discovered the internet in elementary school and also have a cellphone.
I would have had more homework distractions.
My first experience with pokemon would probably be the 2nd generation, 3rd generation or 4th generation depending on when my parents allowed me to do watch it and play it.
Memories of VHS in its last few year's of being dominant and I would be 10 years old when the VHS format died. RIP

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/27/16 at 7:10 am

Probably because they're still kids. In terms of childhood, you guys watched Disney Channel and played 7th gen games, so there's that. Their teenage years are yet to be written, though.

But not the same kind of Disney Channel that I used to watch. Plus, I already quit watching Disney Channel when I was 8, since I couldn't stand seeing all of those Hannah Montana reruns. Although, there was Toon Disney, but I only watched it for Yin Yang Yo and Pucca. For games, I see 2005 babies playing more with 8th gen games, since they're a bit young to play them for a long time. Unless they have a big brother or sister like you.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/27/16 at 7:17 am

I would be born In 1996
I would barely remember 1999.
I would be a 2000s kid
5 years old on 9/11
I would have discovered the internet in elementary school and also have a cellphone.
I would have had more homework distractions.
My first experience with pokemon would probably be the 2nd generation, 3rd generation or 4th generation depending on when my parents allowed me to do watch it and play it.
Memories of VHS in its last few year's of being dominant and I would be 10 years old when the VHS format died. RIP

At least you wouldn't be spoiled like 2005 babies.

Written By: d90 on 11/27/16 at 8:23 am

That's true. While I would feel I missed out on experiencing at least a few more years in the 20th century I would also have a less rose colored view of the 90s and I would have a childhood nostalgia of early youtube.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/27/16 at 8:31 am

That's true. While I would feel I missed out on experiencing at least a few more years in the 20th century I would also have a less rose colored view of the 90s and I would have a childhood nostalgia of early youtube.

Well, you would've been a kid during the early-mid 2000s. Also, I don't think you would have a lot of childhood nostalgia for early YouTube, unless you discovered the site around 2006. In most of your childhood, it would've been the pre-YouTube Internet days though.

Written By: 2001 on 11/27/16 at 10:57 am

But not the same kind of Disney Channel that I used to watch. Plus, I already quit watching Disney Channel when I was 8, since I couldn't stand seeing all of those Hannah Montana reruns. Although, there was Toon Disney, but I only watched it for Yin Yang Yo and Pucca. For games, I see 2005 babies playing more with 8th gen games, since they're a bit young to play them for a long time. Unless they have a big brother or sister like you.

Oh, I see. I have a cousins born 1999 and one born 2000 and they both watched a lot of Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, Zack and Cody, High School Musical, iCarly and all that stuff.

7th Gen lasted 2006-2013, so they would be 8 years old when it ends. Seeing as I view the 5th Gen as a huge part of my childhood, which ended when I was 8 in 2001, I don't see why it wouldn't be the same for most 2005ers. They were buying games for the Wii even in 2013/2014 when I was beyond done with that thing, lol.

Not saying you're the same or anything. Just saying it's in between, lol.

That's not a kind thing to say  :(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/27/16 at 11:48 am

Oh, I see. I have a cousins born 1999 and one born 2000 and they both watched a lot of Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, Zack and Cody, High School Musical, iCarly and all that stuff.

Your little sisters would've been young to watch most of the shows' episodes you just mentioned. The least they could do was to watch the last seasons, even though they were already out of their peak at the time. Or maybe watch the reruns, but that's not really the same to most people.

7th Gen lasted 2006-2013, so they would be 8 years old when it ends. Seeing as I view the 5th Gen as a huge part of my childhood, which ended when I was 8 in 2001, I don't see why it wouldn't be the same for most 2005ers. They were buying games for the Wii even in 2013/2014 when I was beyond done with that thing, lol.

Not saying you're the same or anything. Just saying it's in between, lol.

If they were already gamers ever since they were very little, then I suppose they would be into the 7th gen. But even with that, they were still part of the target audience for 8th gen consoles when they were released. So I mostly see them as 7th/8th gen gamers, if they were hardcore over them. It's not the case for me, since I was introduced into console gaming at the age of 7. I got my first console in early 2008 (PSP), although I got my first home console during the summer of that year (Wii). Aside from being into mainstream gaming throughout the remainder of my childhood, I was already subdued into the culture of baseball when I was 12 and a half. That's where my interest into video games started to wan out.

That's not a kind thing to say  :(

Not that I find all 2005 babies to be spoiled, but most of them are.

Written By: 2001 on 11/27/16 at 1:20 pm

Your little sisters would've been young to watch most of the shows' episodes you just mentioned. The least they could do was to watch the last seasons, even though they were already out of their peak at the time. Or maybe watch the reruns, but that's not really the same to most people.

They started watching older than pre school shows in 2009 IIRC. Consider that I watched kid shows until I was 12/13 (though mostly stopped after 10), there would be some overlap.

If they were already gamers ever since they were very little, then I suppose they would be into the 7th gen. But even with that, they were still part of the target audience for 8th gen consoles when they were released. So I mostly see them as 7th/8th gen gamers, if they were hardcore over them. It's not the case for me, since I was introduced into console gaming at the age of 7. I got my first console in early 2008 (PSP), although I got my first home console during the summer of that year (Wii). Aside from being into mainstream gaming throughout the remainder of my childhood, I was already subdued into the culture of baseball when I was 12 and a half. That's where my interest into video games started to wan out.

Well, exactly! You got your PSP and Wii when you were 8. If they got their first consoles when they were 8, it would be a 7th Gen console. ;D

I let them have my spare DS when they were 4 in 2009. They've been playing Wii since forever. We don't have any 8th Gen consoles atm, except 3DS, and their "core childhood" (5-10) is already over. They're 7th Gen kids for sure.

Not that I find all 2005 babies to be spoiled, but most of them are.

How many 2005 burns have you met?  :o I've been to my sister's school many times and I'm always shocked by how polite and cool they are. My friends definitely weren't the same when we were kids, lol. Except the cool part, we were always the kewl kids.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/27/16 at 1:51 pm

They started watching older than pre school shows in 2009 IIRC. Consider that I watched kid shows until I was 12/13 (though mostly stopped after 10), there would be some overlap.

Well yeah, but they would only watch the 2000s episodes on reruns. I'm not sure about watching the 2010s episodes when they were new, but it's not like they watched a lot of them. Most of the time, I usually watched shows from PBS Kids, Nick (along with Nick Jr), and Playhouse Disney when I was 4 and 5. I never became a fan of Cartoon Network until I was 6 and a half, unless we were talking about Boomerang.

Well, exactly! You got your PSP and Wii when you were 8. If they got their first consoles when they were 8, it would be a 7th Gen console. ;D

Despite that the Wii U already released by the time they were 8. The difference was that the Wii and PSP were kinda new when I got them. Hell, some 6th gen consoles were still available like the PS2 and Xbox in 2008. Not to mention that I quit on playing video games regularly when I was 13, since the industry was lame around 2012/2013.

I let them have my spare DS when they were 4 in 2009. They've been playing Wii since forever. We don't have any 8th Gen consoles atm, except 3DS, and their "core childhood" (5-10) is already over. They're 7th Gen kids for sure.

Well..., I guess they could be 7th gen kids since the Wii, PS3, and even the Xbox 360 were still around during their core childhood. But they could also be 8th gen kids, considering the Wii U, PS4, and the Xbox One were already released by the time they were 7 and 8. When my core childhood ended in December of 2010 (since I turned 11), we were still in the 7th generation. By the time your sisters' core childhood ended, we were already in the peak of the 8th gen. So, I don't think I could relate so well with your 2005-born sisters.

How many 2005 burns have you met?  :o I've been to my sister's school many times and I'm always shocked by how polite and cool they are. My friends definitely weren't the same when we were kids, lol. Except the cool part, we were always the kewl kids.

To be quite honest, I barely met any 2005 babies. Even when I did, they were already newborns by the time I saw them. I didn't really thought I could relate with mid-late 2000s babies often, since I was already a kid by the time they were born.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/16 at 3:06 pm

If I was born in 1980, I would've started High School in 1998.

Written By: 2001 on 11/27/16 at 6:08 pm

Well yeah, but they would only watch the 2000s episodes on reruns. I'm not sure about watching the 2010s episodes when they were new, but it's not like they watched a lot of them. Most of the time, I usually watched shows from PBS Kids, Nick (along with Nick Jr), and Playhouse Disney when I was 4 and 5. I never became a fan of Cartoon Network until I was 6 and a half, unless we were talking about Boomerang.

I think we're splitting hairs at this point. In the context of sharing similarities, it doesn't really matter whether it was caught on reruns or not. You and I both watched Spongebob, it's not like I would tell you that Spongebob was not a part of your childhood because you caught the old episodes on reruns.  :P

If a '99er met an '05er, it would be something they can talk about.

Despite that the Wii U already released by the time they were 8. The difference was that the Wii and PSP were kinda new when I got them. Hell, some 6th gen consoles were still available like the PS2 and Xbox in 2008. Not to mention that I quit on playing video games regularly when I was 13, since the industry was lame around 2012/2013.

Well..., I guess they could be 7th gen kids since the Wii, PS3, and even the Xbox 360 were still around during their core childhood. But they could also be 8th gen kids, considering the Wii U, PS4, and the Xbox One were already released by the time they were 7 and 8. When my core childhood ended in December of 2010 (since I turned 11), we were still in the 7th generation. By the time your sisters' core childhood ended, we were already in the peak of the 8th gen. So, I don't think I could relate so well with your 2005-born sisters.

No one bought the Wii U, lol. That's like saying I'm not a 5th Gen kid because Dreamcast came out in 1999 ;D 2013 was an Xbox 360/PS3 year, by the numbers.

And yeah, I agree with you about 2005 borns being partial 8th Gen kids. I've been saying, 1999 version of me would be an in-between, not a carbon copy of 2005 or 1993 burns.

1993ers: 5th Gen & 6th Gen kids / 7th Gen teens.
1999ers: 6th Gen & 7th Gen kids / 8th Gen teens.
2005ers: 7th Gen & 8th Gen kids / 9th Gen teens.

It's in between.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 11/27/16 at 6:37 pm

If I was born in 1980, I would've started High School in 1998.
Don't you mean 1994?

It's in between.

Here's more in between

1969: 1st Gen & 2nd Gen kids / 3rd Gen teens.
1975: 2nd Gen & 3rd Gen kids / 4th Gen teens.
1981: 3rd Gen & 4th Gen kids / 5th Gen teens.
1987: 4th Gen & 5th Gen kids / 6th Gen teens.

I'm not sure if this accurate since the first 4 console generations lasted longer than the next ones. 

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/27/16 at 8:03 pm

I think we're splitting hairs at this point. In the context of sharing similarities, it doesn't really matter whether it was caught on reruns or not. You and I both watched Spongebob, it's not like I would tell you that Spongebob was not a part of your childhood because you caught the old episodes on reruns.  :P

If a '99er met an '05er, it would be something they can talk about.

Frankly, 2000s and 2010s kids both watched Spongebob. It's just that 2000s kids watched the first five seasons mostly, while 2010s kids watched the latter seasons most of the time. When I started to watch Spongebob in late 2004, it showed mostly episodes from the first three seasons. When I grew up at the end of the 2000s, at least half of the reruns were from Seasons 1-3. But I guess when you think about it, they could talk about the same episodes.

No one bought the Wii U, lol. That's like saying I'm not a 5th Gen kid because Dreamcast came out in 1999 ;D 2013 was an Xbox 360/PS3 year, by the numbers.

Well, that could explain why no one gave a crap. But even with that, the 8th gen was still getting pumped by late 2013. They were already developing the consoles by 2012/2013. The Wii and Xbox 360 were at their last legs, by the time their new gen consoles were released.

And yeah, I agree with you about 2005 borns being partial 8th Gen kids. I've been saying, 1999 version of me would be an in-between, not a carbon copy of 2005 or 1993 burns.

Well, I guess you could say that. But to me, I could barely relate with 2005 babies just because they were 7th gen kids. I never really cared about video games so much after early 2012. So if people wanted to talk to me about video games, then it wouldn't be so easy to relate with me. Hell, I even had that situation when people talk to me about the subject in general. I wish I could tell them that I'm not into video games, but I think they just want small talk.

It's in between.

That seems more like something for hardcore gamers. I could agree with that assumption, but it's just that 1993 babies could just be 5th or 6th gen kids, while 1999 babies could just be 6th or 7th gen kids.

Written By: d90 on 11/27/16 at 8:09 pm

Don't you mean 1994?
Here's more in between

I'm not sure if this accurate since the first 4 console generations lasted longer than the next ones.

1990: 4th gen & 5th Gen kids/6th Gen teens

Written By: mxcrashxm on 11/27/16 at 8:13 pm

This is correct, but I was going in 6 year increments.

Honestly though, I'm really thinking if this system works since certain people were certain ages during the course of certain console generations.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/27/16 at 8:34 pm

I guess you could say that if you grew up with video games during the mid 90s. However, the 5th gen was already in place around 1995. The most pure you could get from the 4th gen was in 1990-mid 1994 (if you live in Japan). 1995 and 1996 was when the 5th gen started to rise, and the 4th gen was dying out. I mean, they could still be 4th gen kids, but I don't know if that would be the case, if they only played with 5th gen consoles.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 11/28/16 at 2:23 pm

For what it's worth, I consider myself a 3rd Gen, 4th Gen and 5th Gen kid / 6th Gen teen / 7th Gen and 8th Gen young adult.

The 3rd Gen is unique in that the NES remained a popular seller for much longer than most consoles. For many parents who didn't want to spend the extra money on a Super Nintendo, it wasn't at all uncommon for them to get an NES as their kid's first console even as late as 1993. And the NES was still selling close to one million units a year up to 1995, when Nintendo finally discontinued it. Because of the longevity of the NES, I would say that kids born in 1989, and maybe even as late as 1990, could've had some firsthand 3rd Gen experiences.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 11/28/16 at 2:31 pm

For what it's worth, I consider myself a 3rd Gen, 4th Gen and 5th Gen kid / 6th Gen teen / 7th Gen and 8th Gen young adult.

The 3rd Gen is unique in that the NES remained a popular seller for much longer than most consoles. For many parents who didn't want to spend the extra money on a Super Nintendo, it wasn't at all uncommon for them to get an NES as their kid's first console even as late as 1993. And the NES was still selling close to one million units a year up to 1995, when Nintendo finally discontinued it. Because of the longevity of the NES, I would say that kids born in 1989, and maybe even as late as 1990, could've had some firsthand 3rd Gen experiences.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Some consoles actually lasted longer than others. It's the same thing with the SNES, PS series, X360 and the 6th gen systems (except Dreamcast) which wasn't discontinued until 1998, 2004 and 2007-16 respectively.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/16 at 2:56 pm

Don't you mean 1994?
Here's more in between

Yeah, I think I meant 1994.

Written By: 2001 on 11/28/16 at 3:36 pm

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Some consoles actually lasted longer than others. It's the same thing with the SNES, PS series, X360 and the 6th gen systems (except Dreamcast) which wasn't discontinued until 1998, 2004 and 2007-16 respectively.

I was just going by averages. I had an NES (3rd Gen) and Atari 5200 (2nd Gen) but that's not true for most people born 1993. A lot of my friends owned a SNES/Genesis too, but they're in the minority. When my friends get nostalgic they usually talk about 5th and 6th.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/28/16 at 4:00 pm

Or maybe 1991 babies, if they could remember playing video games around late 1994 to 1995.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/28/16 at 4:06 pm

What about the 7th gen consoles? The PS3 is still available in most of the world, even after 10 years of being in the market. The Wii was worth getting towards late 90s and early 2000s babies, although some mid 2000s babies could've played with the console during the early 2010s.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 12/04/16 at 6:08 pm

Well, you would've been a kid during the early-mid 2000s. Also, I don't think you would have a lot of childhood nostalgia for early YouTube, unless you discovered the site around 2006. In most of your childhood, it would've been the pre-YouTube Internet days though.

Being born in 96' I could provide some perspective. I personally am nostalgic of the early YouTube era from 2005/6-2009 or so, but purely from the perspective of a tween/young teen. I personally discovered the site in 2007 and began using it regularly in 2008, hence why I'm nostalgic YouTube similarly to how a 90' born may be nostalgic of AOL Chatrooms in the early 00's, as an example. Maybe if I discovered the website in 06' I may relate to it more to my childhood since I was still in my core range at the time. Assuming most 96ers didn't know of the site till middle school (like me) it would probably skew more towards early adolescence nostalgia.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 12/04/16 at 6:30 pm

Going by the age I was for certain life milestones, If I was born in March of 02' I would of most likely:

-Been Conceived in 2001 ;D

-Vaguely Remember 2005 & I probably wouldn't have much first hand experience of the Web 1.0 era or technology preceding 2005 like VHS tapes, Cassettes, Portable CD players, pagers, Nokia cell phones, etc.

-Been in my core childhood years from roughly 2007-2012. During this time I would of likely caught the tail end of Kids WB in 2007-2008 and ABC Kids upto 2011. I'd also watch Nick during most of its Bronze Age (2005-2009) and Dark Age (2009-Present), in fact  my peak of childhood would be at the start of Nick's dark age (around when Nick abandoned it's identity). I probably would of been a huge fan of Toon Disney before it became Disney XD in 2009. I wouldn't remember much of the Disney Afternoon reruns on the network, but I'd remember the tail end of Jetix.

-My first game console would likely be a PS2 (Slim) or Wii at 5 or 6 y/o, & I'd probably get a PS3 or Xbox 360 for Christmas 2009.

-I would of caught the tail end of the popularity of Bionicles. I'd be in my core childhood during the era of Webkinz, Rip Sticks, & Silly Bandz

-I'd be the prime target range for the Angry Birds Phenomenon in the late 00's/early 10's

-I'd probably also would of started using the internet around the late 00's/early 10's and spent my childhood during the era of SMOSH, TheFineBros (being the ripe age for their 'Kids React' Videos), & Pewdepie.

-I would of been non existent prior to 2001 (aka never living in the 20th century), a fetus during 9/11, a toddler during the Iraq War, and possibly vague memories of Katrina & a pre recession world. I'd vividly remember The Election of Obama, MJ's Death, & the earthquake in Haiti, but would of still been a kid. The first event that I'd probably remember vividly and understand in full context would be Hurricane Sandy.

-I would of started elementary school in 2007 in NJ, never touching primary school in NY.

-I would of been in my tweens in the mid 2010's during the popularity of Twitter, Instagram, & SnapChat.

-My youth (ages 11-22) would span from 2013-2024, during (at least what seems) the core Z pop cultural years. Most girls my age would of been big fans of One Direction in middle school and probably have since moved onto other teen pop icons like (modern) Justin Bieber, Arian Grande, Daya, etc.

-I would of started high school 3 months ago

-Be at the peak of my teenaged years in two more years

-I would be 14 now months away from turning 15. I'd most likely be 'slowing down' on my growing and start developing more facial hair and a more muscular physique around this time.

These are just a few examples I could think that would make my life DRAMATICALLY different in comparison to today.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/04/16 at 6:39 pm

Being born in 96' I could provide some perspective. I personally am nostalgic of the early YouTube era from 2005/6-2009 or so, but purely from the perspective of a tween/young teen. I personally discovered the site in 2007 and began using it regularly in 2008, hence why I'm nostalgic YouTube similarly to how a 90' born may be nostalgic of AOL Chatrooms in the early 00's, as an example. Maybe if I discovered the website in 06' I may relate to it more to my childhood since I was still in my core range at the time. Assuming most 96ers didn't know of the site till middle school (like me) it would probably skew more towards early adolescence nostalgia.

Well, most 1996 babies would be nostalgic over late 2000s YouTube. It was already popular towards their age group since 2006/2007, and they could already tell it's different than it is now.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/31/17 at 2:40 pm

If I was born in 2008:
I would not remember any of the 2000's
I would have never lived in a world without YouTube and Facebook
I wouldn't even remember 2010
And I'd only vaguely remember 2011
I would be 9 years old currently

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 3:35 pm

I would be born in 2006...

My memories of the 2000s would be relatively limited.
I would have only been 1 when the iPhone was released.
I would only be 11 and still be in my childhood.
Never lived in a world without YouTube, social media etc
My first cellphone would definelty been a smartphone.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 4:21 pm

If I was born 6 years later, it would have been in 2005 (July 13, 2005):

*I would currently be 12 years old.
*I would be a '10s kid.
*I would have been conceived in 2004.
*This year (2017) would be the last year of my childhood.
*I would be the same age as YouTube and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
*I would have been only a month old when Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans.
*I would have some (but not great) memories of the late '00s.
*I would be starting 7th grade right now.
*The #1 song at the time of my birth would have been "We Belong Together" by Mariah Carey.
*The #1 movie at the time of my birth would have been Charlie and the Chocolate Factory which starred Johnny Depp.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 4:31 pm

Wow.... I'm quite glad I wasn't born 6 years later ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 4:41 pm

Same here.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/31/17 at 4:47 pm

I'd be my nephew's age, instead of almost 29.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 4:48 pm

I'd be my nephew's age, instead of almost 29.

Your nephew was born in '94?

Written By: 2001 on 08/31/17 at 4:58 pm

I technically have a grand uncle who is two years younger than me.

And I have nephews/nieces who are 10 years+ older than me. I like pointing that out to them. ;D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/31/17 at 5:00 pm

If I was born six years later, I'd still be older than half the posters are now.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 5:06 pm

I technically have a grand uncle who is two years younger than me.

And I have nephews/nieces who are 10 years+ older than me. I like pointing that out to them. ;D

LOL, they must hate you ;D.

If I was born six years later, I'd still be older than half the posters are now.

True. Also, you'd be the same age as Slowpoke and UltraGameDog but younger than #Infinity and 90sBreath.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 5:08 pm

If I was born 6 years EARLIER, Slowpoke and UGD would be my 1993 Club brothers.

However, I have more brothers in my current club...the 1999 Club 8).

Written By: 2001 on 08/31/17 at 5:13 pm

Was this your attempt at making me feel old?  :-[

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 5:16 pm

If I was born 6 years EARLIER, Slowpoke and UGD would be my 1993 Club brothers.

However, I have more brothers in my current club...the 1999 Club 8).

Meanwhile over half of the people on here are in 90s club ::)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 5:20 pm

Meanwhile over half of the people on here are in 90s club ::)

I think that about 85% of active users on here were born in the '90s. 1990s Club FTW 8).

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 5:28 pm

I think that about 85% of active users on here were born in the '90s. 1990s Club FTW 8).

Get outta here, you guys are just old...... 2000s club FTW. Even though there's only 3 of us. ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 5:45 pm

Get outta here, you guys are just old...... 2000s club FTW. Even though there's only 3 of us. ;D

That's barely a "club" ;D.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 5:53 pm

That's barely a "club" ;D.

Just wait a year or two, we're gonna takeover ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 6:55 pm

I hope not :( :-X.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 6:57 pm

I hope not :( :-X.

Do you have something against us?!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 7:04 pm

Do you have something against us?!

No. I just don't want to feel like a grandfather as a 19-21 year old :-X.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 7:07 pm

No. I just don't want to feel like a grandfather as a 19-21 year old :-X.

Lol, Don't worry I was only joking haha :). and to be quite honest I don't want this site to be flooded with kids born in 2006 anytime soon either. :-X :-X

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 7:09 pm

Lol, Don't worry I was only joking haha :). and to be quite honest I don't want this site to be flooded with kids born in 2006 anytime soon either. :-X :-X

Agreed 100% :-X.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/31/17 at 8:17 pm

Yup!

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/31/17 at 8:25 pm

They're already taking over Personality Cafe in the Generations Subforum lmao

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 8:30 pm

Yup, and not only early '00s but mid 00's babies!

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/31/17 at 8:33 pm

I saw someone on there who said they were born in 2008  ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/31/17 at 9:30 pm

You mean "We're"....because you guys are 2000s borns just like them.

Written By: 2001 on 08/31/17 at 9:35 pm

That 2005 born posting there is what really hit me hard. I have two sisters born 2005, and I used to change their diapers at 3AM and rock them to sleep (well, at least one of them). And now they're posting on forums!  Where did all that time go.  :-\\

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/31/17 at 10:59 pm

You mean "We're"....because you guys are 2000s borns just like them.

*Yes WE ARE

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/17 at 3:12 am

I would be six years younger...

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 09/01/17 at 9:06 am

If the '90s born club is old, then what does that make us members of the '80s born club.

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/01/17 at 10:07 am

If the '90s born club is old, then what does that make us members of the '80s born club.

Ancient.

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/01/17 at 10:16 am

Same lol I wouldn't want to miss out on 2006-2010

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/01/17 at 10:29 am

Same lol I wouldn't want to miss out on 2006-2010

And I personally would also miss out on 2002-2005 if I was born 6 years later.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/01/17 at 2:19 pm

Ancient.

Pretty much ;D ;D

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/01/17 at 2:20 pm

And I personally would also miss out on 2002-2005 if I was born 6 years later.

Those are the years I'm concerned about! :P

Written By: wixness on 09/01/17 at 2:28 pm

I would be the middle child, I'd be a friggin' teenager at this year, but a child when all the new "smart" and mobile tech was booming. No memories of devices dedicated to a single function (e.g. cameras, MP3/4 players, satnavs, PDAs), hazier memories of guys wearing their hair long and music sounding like what my parents listened to back in the mid-2000s. People dressing like classy hipsters of the 1950s being the norm for me, raised on few action cartoons and a different design style, but non-mobile non-web games with few features and cinema-quality graphics. It would suck for me as of right now. I live on trying to keep the things from the 2000s alive.

Written By: Howard on 09/01/17 at 3:21 pm

I'd be 37 years of age.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/01/17 at 9:54 pm

I would be the middle child, I'd be a friggin' teenager at this year, but a child when all the new "smart" and mobile tech was booming. No memories of devices dedicated to a single function (e.g. cameras, MP3/4 players, satnavs, PDAs), hazier memories of guys wearing their hair long and music sounding like what my parents listened to back in the mid-2000s. People dressing like classy hipsters of the 1950s being the norm for me, raised on few action cartoons and a different design style, but non-mobile non-web games with few features and cinema-quality graphics. It would suck for me as of right now. I live on trying to keep the things from the 2000s alive.

Why don't you get over it and just accept times have changed? ???

Also, people born in 2003 would defintly have memories of cameras and MP3/4 players, are u serious?

Written By: wixness on 09/01/17 at 10:32 pm

Also, people born in 2003 would defintly have memories of cameras and MP3/4 players, are u serious?

I can barely remember my days before I left the Philippines (all before I turned 6). Plus, I feel like that I've had a miserable existence since I moved to the UK so I wasn't really able to just enjoy the pop culture of the previous decade.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/01/17 at 11:09 pm

I can barely remember my days before I left the Philippines (all before I turned 6). Plus, I feel like that I've had a miserable existence since I moved to the UK so I wasn't really able to just enjoy the pop culture of the previous decade.

so if you can't really remeber the time well, or didn't enjoy it, why do u miss it so much?! ???

Written By: wixness on 09/01/17 at 11:16 pm

so if you can't really remeber the time well, or didn't enjoy it, why do u miss it so much?! ???

I believe it was a time when I was happier. Since coming to the UK, it's not been a thing so much.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/01/17 at 11:21 pm

I believe it was a time when I was happier. Since coming to the UK, it's not been a thing so much.

It seems a little that you are mixing up the current times, 2010s and disliking them based on your personal life, which isn't very fair.

Written By: aja675 on 09/02/17 at 12:19 am

And I feel crap that I stayed.

Written By: Howard on 09/02/17 at 7:13 am

They just don't want to let it go.  ::)

Written By: aja675 on 09/02/17 at 11:41 pm

And I feel crap that I stayed.
And I feel so guilty about being an out-of-touch prep and I feel bad that the Westernized bubble I grew up in (and still am growing up in), turned out not to be real.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/02/17 at 11:42 pm

And I feel so guilty about being an out-of-touch prep and I feel bad that the Westernized bubble I grew up in (and still am growing up in), turned out not to be real.

What do you mean by this?

Written By: Howard on 09/03/17 at 3:14 pm

I would've started High School in 1998.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/03/17 at 4:30 pm

I would've started High School in 1998.

No, 1994.

You were born in March 1974 and started (or should have) high school in 1988. If you were born 6 years later, you would have been born in March 1980 and would have started high school in 1994.

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/03/17 at 9:44 pm

hazier memories of guys wearing their hair long

Even tho I was only born in 2002, I do remember seeing more guys wearing their hair long. I remember a kid in my 1st-grade class in 2009 had long hair, but he cut it short a year later and to be truly honest I kind of thought he looked better with it long.

Written By: wixness on 09/03/17 at 9:48 pm

Even tho I was only born in 2002, I do remember seeing more guys wearing their hair long. I remember a kid in my 1st-grade class in 2009 had long hair, but he cut it short a year later and to be truly honest I kind of thought he looked better with it long.

I'm glad someone understands and feels the same way.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/03/17 at 9:49 pm

Lol. I had my hair long in 2009 ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/03/17 at 10:09 pm

I don't understand Riven's fascination/obsession with guys and long hair. I don't get it to be honest :-X.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/03/17 at 10:11 pm

I don't understand Riven's fascination/obsession with guys and long hair. I don't get it to be honest :-X.

Neither ;D. I swear that's like all he cares about......

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/03/17 at 10:15 pm

Lol to be truly honest I think most guys look better with long hair than short, but hey it's up to them what they want to do with it lol

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/03/17 at 10:15 pm

Neither ;D. I swear that's like all he cares about......

Yeah exactly.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/03/17 at 10:16 pm

Lol to be truly honest I think most guys look better with long hair than short, but hey it's up to them what they want to do with it lol

I'm a guy and I don't care TBH. If you want your hair long go ahead....if not...go ahead. Who cares?

Written By: Howard on 09/04/17 at 3:03 pm

No, 1994.

You were born in March 1974 and started (or should have) high school in 1988. If you were born 6 years later, you would have been born in March 1980 and would have started high school in 1994.

Thanks for the correction. O0

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 09/04/17 at 5:05 pm

If I were born in 2005:

*I would be a Wood Rooster according to the Chinese Zodiac.
*I would not really remember Nickelodeon before its logo change that well.
*I would not remember Nick GAS at all.
*I would be born after Web 2.0.
*I would be born after the releases of YouTube and Facebook.
*I would be born after 9/11.
*I may have remembered the killing of Bin Laden, but it would have not impacted me that much.
*My first election I could vote in would be the 2024 Election.
*I would graduate high school in 2023 and earn my Bachelor's degree in 2027.
*I'd likely have some name like "Aiden" instead of the name I have right now. I also have seemed to notice that people born in my year (1999) appear to be the last with 80's and 90's born sounding names (Joshua, Christopher, Ashley, Samantha, Lindsay, Michael, etc).
*I would enter "peak adolescence" in 2021.
*I would begin elementary schooling in 2010 instead of 2004.
*My peak childhood would take place after the whole thing about "mass shootings" started to escalate and after Trayvon Mart

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/04/17 at 5:11 pm

If I were born in 2005:

*I would be a Wood Rooster according to the Chinese Zodiac.
*I would not really remember Nickelodeon before its logo change that well.
*I would not remember Nick GAS at all.
*I would be born after Web 2.0.
*I would be born after the releases of YouTube and Facebook.
*I would be born after 9/11.
*I may have remembered the killing of Bin Laden, but it would have not impacted me that much.
*My first election I could vote in would be the 2024 Election.
*I would graduate high school in 2023 and earn my Bachelor's degree in 2027.
*I'd likely have some name like "Aiden" instead of the name I have right now. I also have seemed to notice that people born in my year (1999) appear to be the last with 80's and 90's born sounding names (Joshua, Christopher, Ashley, Samantha, Lindsay, Michael, etc).
*I would enter "peak adolescence" in 2021.
*I would begin elementary schooling in 2010 instead of 2004.
*My peak childhood would take place after the whole thing about "mass shootings" started to escalate and after Trayvon Mart

Great list!.

The only thing though is that Facebook was released to the public in 2006 not 2005.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/04/17 at 7:06 pm

I would have to wait until February 2024 until it turn 18! 8-P

Written By: wixness on 09/04/17 at 7:59 pm

I don't understand Riven's fascination/obsession with guys and long hair. I don't get it to be honest :-X .

Neither ;D . I swear that's like all he cares about......

Well, it's because of this thing with gender. Even before I went to the UK, I was rather obsessed with girls and I didn't really see anything that great about being a guy. Before I left the UK I was taken care of some loving relatives as well (in my opinion), both male and female.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/04/17 at 9:06 pm

Well, it's because of this thing with gender. Even before I went to the UK, I was rather obsessed with girls and I didn't really see anything that great about being a guy. Before I left the UK I was taken care of some loving relatives as well (in my opinion), both male and female.

Sorry, I still don't get it :-\\ :-X.

Written By: wixness on 09/04/17 at 9:11 pm

Sorry, I still don't get it :-\\ :-X .

In my opinion, there hasn't been a lot I liked about being a guy since they were all ugly to me - I don't think I cared so much about being strong or good at sports though. During my time in the UK, I started to think that guys were both ugly and mean as well as rather boring, at least with most of the people I was around. Most of these guys I had feelings of contempt with looked conventionally masculine i.e. they wore short hair.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/04/17 at 9:15 pm

In my opinion, there hasn't been a lot I liked about being a guy since they were all ugly to me - I don't think I cared so much about being strong or good at sports though. During my time in the UK, I started to think that guys were both ugly and mean as well as rather boring, at least with most of the people I was around. Most of these guys I had feelings of contempt with looked conventionally masculine i.e. they wore short hair.

So your obsession with guys and long hair is that you hate being a male and you got bullied by guys with short hair?

Written By: wixness on 09/04/17 at 9:19 pm

So your obsession with guys and long hair is that you hate being a male and you got bullied by guys with short hair?

Kind of. Since secondary school, I found that the few guys then who grew their hair long and their friends (who done otherwise, but didn't buy in to mainstream fashion as much in the 2010s) were way more interesting than the guys who didn't.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/04/17 at 9:29 pm

Kind of. Since secondary school, I found that the few guys then who grew their hair long and their friends (who done otherwise, but didn't buy in to mainstream fashion as much in the 2010s) were way more interesting than the guys who didn't.

So you judge people based on their hair length  ????

Written By: wixness on 09/04/17 at 9:33 pm

So you judge people based on their hair length  ??? ?

Admittedly yes, unless there were something else that I could like them more for as a person. I feel guilty for resembling the guys I don't like - there's one with anger issues in particular I want to avoid, and he makes me ashamed of sharing autism with him.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/04/17 at 9:40 pm

Admittedly yes, unless there were something else that I could like them more for as a person. I feel guilty for resembling the guys I don't like - there's one with anger issues in particular I want to avoid, and he makes me ashamed of sharing autism with him.

No offense but that's pretty irrational.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 09/04/17 at 9:46 pm

No offense but that's pretty irrational.

IKR! That has to be one of the most ridiculous things Ive heard, he can't live the rest of his life being influenced by people's hair ;D

Written By: bchris02 on 09/04/17 at 9:47 pm

So you judge people based on their hair length  ????

One thing is that if a guy is still wearing his hair long in 2017, it's most likely because he's part of a particular subculture.  With that in mind, I can see making some early judgments about somebody based on that.  However, I would never truly judge a person until I knew them.

Written By: 2001 on 09/04/17 at 9:58 pm

One thing is that if a guy is still wearing his hair long in 2017, it's most likely because he's part of a particular subculture.  With that in mind, I can see making some early judgments about somebody based on that.  However, I would never truly judge a person until I knew them.

There are a lot of people with long hair, but they slick it back. That's the style these days.

Written By: wixness on 09/04/17 at 9:59 pm

There are a lot of people with long hair, but they slick it back. That's the style these days.

Yeah, it seems like everyone wants to be traditional these days, which I hate.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/04/17 at 10:00 pm

IKR! That has to be one of the most ridiculous things Ive heard, he can't live the rest of his life being influenced by people's hair ;D

Yeah, I agree.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/04/17 at 10:02 pm

Yeah, it seems like everyone wants to be traditional these days, which I hate.

I actually think that that it's quite the opposite. Most people under 30 nowadays DON'T want to be traditional. Also, people can wear their hair however they want. They shouldn't be judged negatively just because they have short hair...that's irrational and just doesn't make any sense.

Written By: wixness on 09/04/17 at 10:04 pm

I actually think that that it's quite the opposite. Most people under 30 nowadays DON'T want to be traditional. Also, people can wear their hair however they want. They shouldn't be judged negatively just because they have short hair...that's irrational and just doesn't make any sense.

Unless they're joking, you only have to look at YouTube comments to be proven wrong.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/04/17 at 10:05 pm

Unless they're joking, you only have to look at YouTube comments to be proven wrong.

You're looking at YouTube comments to determine things....that's the problem right there.

Written By: wixness on 09/04/17 at 10:07 pm

You're looking at YouTube comments to determine things....that's the problem right there.

What's the problem there?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/04/17 at 10:11 pm

What's the problem there?

My comment was pretty self explanatory.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/04/17 at 10:25 pm

Take some advice from an old Boomer who has had long hair, short hair and everything in between (when long hair truly WAS a statement and people got put in jail and even killed for it. See the movie "Easy Rider"-1969- for reference), DON'T, and I mean DON'T judge anything or make any decisions from comments on Youtube or comment sections on any other site for that matter. I thought this was a given. They bring out the dregs of humanity. On all sides of the political spectrum.  8-P

Written By: wixness on 09/04/17 at 10:30 pm

Take some advice from an old Boomer who has had long hair, short hair and everything in between (when long hair truly WAS a statement and people got put in jail and even killed for it. See the movie "Easy Rider"-1969- for reference), DON'T, and I mean DON'T judge anything or make any decisions from comments on Youtube or comment sections on any other site for that matter. They bring out the dregs of humanity. On all sides of the political spectrum.  8-P

I bet people want to get rid of this rebellious streak against historical norms now that they're wearing their hair short. And these guys are getting popular outside of YouTube as well. The other day, I was playing on someone's games console, and they had the username "feminism lol" or something along those lines. Several anti-feminists favour pushing back society to that time when men wearing long hair would be taboo, as well as women pursuing a career outside the house.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/04/17 at 10:32 pm

Speaking of hair, I'm not sure I'd look good with an 80's mullet. I'm not sure if I would wear one if it was, say, 1988.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/04/17 at 10:35 pm

I bet people want to get rid of this rebellious streak against historical norms now that they're wearing their hair short. And these guys are getting popular outside of YouTube as well. The other day, I was playing on someone's games console, and they had the username "feminism lol" or something along those lines. Several anti-feminists favour pushing back society to that time when men wearing long hair would be taboo, as well as women pursuing a career outside the house.

You talk like this is something new. These people wanting to go back to a sort of "imaginary 1950s" that never really existed have been around forever. Certainly since the 60s.

Written By: wixness on 09/04/17 at 10:38 pm

You talk like this is something new. These people wanting to go back to a sort of "imaginary 1950s" that never really existed have been around forever. Certainly since the 60s.

Despite the more casual homophobia of the 2000s, I haven't seen this as much. If I have, well, I was expecting that that would be the last time it happened, until the 2010s made emo dead and music bland.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/04/17 at 10:56 pm

Despite the more casual homophobia of the 2000s, I haven't seen this as much. If I have, well, I was expecting that that would be the last time it happened, until the 2010s made emo dead and music bland.

You need to let loose and stop worrying so much about insignificant things. Never have I seen someone so caught in the length of hair that lots of members of their own gender has. Also, you pretty much never stop talking about it.

Written By: wixness on 09/04/17 at 11:02 pm

You need to let loose and stop worrying so much about insignificant things. Never have I seen someone so caught in the length of hair that lots of members of their own gender has. Also, you pretty much never stop talking about it.

I can't have it. Need a stylist or a doctor to get it sorted out and even if I were less lazy about my hair, I somehow can't get it long down to my neck, or a bit below it.

It's perhaps one of the few, if not, only ways I'll be fine with myself and my circumstances. I want it because I envy how women are allowed to have it in more places than men are and how some of their beauty comes from it.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 09/05/17 at 10:29 am

If I was a 1993 born.

I would have few memories of Nick's Golden Age.
Wouldn't have started school until 1998.
Wouldn't have started playing video games until 1995 at the earliest.
Wouldn't have seen the popularity of TMNT first hand.
Wouldn't remember pogs.
Wouldn't remember the Monica Lewinsky scandal.
Wouldn't have went my entire childhood without a computer.

Written By: 2001 on 09/05/17 at 1:51 pm

If I was a 1993 born.

I would have few memories of Nick's Golden Age.
Wouldn't have started school until 1998.
Wouldn't have started playing video games until 1995 at the earliest.
Wouldn't have seen the popularity of TMNT first hand.
Wouldn't remember pogs.
Wouldn't remember the Monica Lewinsky scandal.
Wouldn't have went my entire childhood without a computer.

And you would've had an iPad in the womb!

Written By: Howard on 09/05/17 at 2:51 pm

So did you cut your hair? ???

Written By: Howard on 09/05/17 at 2:52 pm

I don't have much hair.

Written By: wixness on 09/05/17 at 3:25 pm

So did you cut your hair? ???

No, parents made me have it.

Written By: 2001 on 09/05/17 at 9:04 pm

I don't have much hair.

I lost a lot of mine too.  :( Thankfully, I had a lot of hair to start with, so it looks like a regular hairline for someone my age at the moment.

As for length, I got my hair cut last week and it's rather short. Before that, it was pretty long, but I slicked it back.

Written By: Howard on 09/06/17 at 5:27 am

I lost a lot of mine too.  :( Thankfully, I had a lot of hair to start with, so it looks like a regular hairline for someone my age at the moment.

As for length, I got my hair cut last week and it's rather short. Before that, it was pretty long, but I slicked it back.

I had a lot of hair about 25 years ago till my hair started thinning in the mid to late 90's.

Written By: aja675 on 10/30/17 at 5:31 am

http://78.media.tumblr.com/47a25a35758fd456b395400490c6f031/tumblr_o1bwooGZ7h1s961nio1_250.gif

Written By: Wobo on 02/04/18 at 11:09 pm

I would be born in 2010.

I would be 7 right now.
I would be in elementary school.
I would not remember anything in 2009 or 08.
I would be using a tablet all the time. (Even though I use my tablet all the time now)
I would possibly not have YouTube account and I wouldn't be here either.
I also wouldn't start middle school until 2021.
And I wouldn't start the eighth grade until 2023.

Written By: unicornic on 02/05/18 at 7:15 am

God, I can’t imagine being born in December 2007. I wouldn’t have been born when the iPhone was out.  :o

Written By: Dundee on 02/12/18 at 4:26 pm

I would be born in 2003, probably easier to remember my age ;D

I would still be a kid in the 2010s and still a teenager by this year (still not in my adolescence peak apparently).

Born post-Millenium, post-9/11, just slighly before the war on terror, 4 year old by the time the iPhone came out, 5 by the time the recession kicked in, turning finally 13 in 2016. Would probably be called "iPad addicted" kid instead of "DS/PS2/Wii addicted" kid.

Tho, more chances to still be alive to see the 22th century :D

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 02/24/18 at 1:51 pm

If I were born in Late 2003 and in the C/O 2022,

- I would've started remembering sheesh in Summer 2007 when the iPhone came out.

- I would've been only in preschool when LCD TVs outsold CRTs in late 2007.

- I wouldn't have started elementary school until when Obama was already in office.

- I would've still been in middle school when Trump won the election.

That's a huge difference right there.
6 years difference I'd say is a half-generation gap, since its halfway through the Chinese Zodiac. 12 years would be a full generation gap since Chinese Zodiac signs repeat every 12 years.

Check for new replies or respond here...