inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Pop Punk Thread

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/04/17 at 10:50 pm

I'd say it's about time we had a thread to discuss Pop Punk! It can be from anytime you'd like since Pop Punk's existed since roughly 1983 and has been ongoing ever since. Discuss whatever you want! Knock yourself out! Favorite bands, new stuff/old stuff, different eras, whatever.

Listening to Bad Religion's No Control right now. One of my all time favorites.

Subject: Re: The Pop Punk Thread

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/05/17 at 12:33 am

WOOOOOOOOOOO :) Thank you for making this thread!

In the past year I have come to absolutely love the genre.

Knuckle Puck... The Story So Far... Early Blink 182.... Early Green Day... Brand New... Senses Fail... The Wonder Years... Early Paramore (though they sold out I actually kinda like their newest album...) .... A Day To Remember.... Real Friends... man there are so many I love they are almost too numerous to name!

Listening to "The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows" by Brand New off of their masterpiece of an album... Deja Entendu released in September 2003.

(Just changed my profile picture to the Astronaut from the album cover!)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/05/17 at 12:44 am

I'd say it's about time we had a thread to discuss Pop Punk! It can be from anytime you'd like since Pop Punk's existed since roughly 1983 and has been ongoing ever since. Discuss whatever you want! Knock yourself out! Favorite bands, new stuff/old stuff, different eras, whatever.

Listening to Bad Religion's No Control right now. One of my all time favorites.
In fact, the first band to described as punk was The Beatles, bringing in a new style of pop music, when they started out in the early 1960s. And punk as we know it today came into being with the likes of the Sex Pistols during the mid 1970s.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/05/17 at 2:09 am

WOOOOOOOOOOO :) Thank you for making this thread!

In the past year I have come to absolutely love the genre.

Knuckle Puck... The Story So Far... Early Blink 182.... Early Green Day... Brand New... Senses Fail... The Wonder Years... Early Paramore (though they sold out I actually kinda like their newest album...) .... A Day To Remember.... Real Friends... man there are so many I love they are almost too numerous to name!

Listening to "The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows" by Brand New off of their masterpiece of an album... Deja Entendu released in September 2003.

(Just changed my profile picture to the Astronaut from the album cover!)

No prob, dude! We really needed a thread to discus this totally awesome genre! 8)

Not a big fan of some of the bands you mentioned but I see you're into a lot of new stuff. I suggest listening to early Head Injuries (the self-titled and One Night Stand EP) and Better Luck Next Time. They've got more of an old school sound. Check it:

5m6ntYRzojc

QsdP9LYDj38

If you like 'em I can send some more and if you like Brand New check out their first album if ya' haven't already:

bnu65D7954I

The first Taking Back Sunday is a must:

JaAwdmrsk3M

Both bands had an Emo feud kinda like they were rappers back in 2001 and 2002. It's pretty funny.

In fact, the first band to described as punk was The Beatles, bringing in a new style of pop music, when they started out in the early 1960s. And punk as we know it today came into being with the likes of the Sex Pistols during the mid 1970s.

Yeah, but Punk Rock really started with the Ramones. Pop Punk started in around 1983 with bands like The Asexuals, The Freeze and The Fastbacks.

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/05/17 at 12:29 pm

No prob, dude! We really needed a thread to discus this totally awesome genre! 8)

Not a big fan of some of the bands you mentioned but I see you're into a lot of new stuff. I suggest listening to early Head Injuries (the self-titled and One Night Stand EP) and Better Luck Next Time. They've got more of an old school sound. Check it:

5m6ntYRzojc

QsdP9LYDj38

If you like 'em I can send some more and if you like Brand New check out their first album if ya' haven't already:

bnu65D7954I

The first Taking Back Sunday is a must:

JaAwdmrsk3M

Both bands had an Emo feud kinda like they were rappers back in 2001 and 2002. It's pretty funny.

Yeah, but Punk Rock really started with the Ramones. Pop Punk started in around 1983 with bands like The Asexuals, The Freeze and The Fastbacks.

That is pretty funny. :)

I will listen to them when I have the chance...

Hey at least I am not your typical just listens to the albums American Idiot and Enema of the State and ignores everything else like some other people. :)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/05/17 at 1:08 pm

That is pretty funny. :)

I will listen to them when I have the chance...

Hey at least I am not your typical just listens to the albums American Idiot and Enema of the State and ignores everything else like some other people. :)

It is! If you listen to both albums you can see a lot of lyrical tie-in's.

Yeah, that's true! Especially, American Idiot... Never been a fan of that album! 8-P I've got a bunch of Pop Punk that I'm gonna share from the 80's, 90's and early 00's so expect to see a lot! ;)

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/05/17 at 1:42 pm

^ I have listened to Brand News first album and it has that classic pop punk feel to it and the difference between their first album and their third album The Devils are Raging Inside Me is just astronomical. That third album has the most depressing song I have EVER heard "Limousine" which talks about Katie Flynn's tragic death by a drunk driver after her families wedding in a horrific Limousine accident in July 2005.  :\'( It is fairly great for a debut album... I especially like Jude Law and the Semester Abroad.. Seventy Times 7 and the above song "Shower Scene".

I wil check out the others!

Written By: 2001 on 01/05/17 at 6:32 pm

My favourite song on the album

dmodcsMFXeM

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/05/17 at 10:12 pm

^ I have listened to Brand News first album and it has that classic pop punk feel to it and the difference between their first album and their third album The Devils are Raging Inside Me is just astronomical. That third album has the most depressing song I have EVER heard "Limousine" which talks about Katie Flynn's tragic death by a drunk driver after her families wedding in a horrific Limousine accident in July 2005.  :\'( It is fairly great for a debut album... I especially like Jude Law and the Semester Abroad.. Seventy Times 7 and the above song "Shower Scene".

I wil check out the others!

They sure went through a lot of changes. Deja Entendu still had a lot of the Pop Punk sound but Devil and God sounds like a completely different band!

My favourite song on the album

dmodcsMFXeM

I love that album! 8) I remember you showing it to me and I was surprised at how good it was. Before that one, they released a string of sucky records.

Written By: annimal on 01/05/17 at 10:38 pm

good old 1983 when I was 1 year old. 

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/06/17 at 12:44 am

Time for a... HISTORY LESSON! :D :D :D

Pop Punk's gone through a lot of changes over the years so from the 80's to 10's so I'll detail it out for you guys with songs that represent each era best.

1983-1989. Still very raw like original Punk but with poppy melodies and leads that are a lot more intricate than it's predecessor. Era begins with The Fastbacks' Everyday is Saturday and The Feeze's Land of the Lost which started a new sound and brought us the pop melodies and melodic guitar leads set to speedy guitars the genre is known for today. Ends in 1990 when all the original Lookout bands broke up:
The Freeze - So Long Ago (1983)
Adrenalin O.D. - Suburbia (1983)
Asexuals - Be What You Want (1984)
Fastbacks - Only At Night (1984)
Asexuals - So Alone (1985)
Husker Du - Makes No Sense at All (1985)
F.O.D. - Kid Called Me (1986)
Dag Nasty - Circles (1986)
7 Seconds - Tied Up in Rhythm (1986)
Dag Nasty - Trying (1987)
McRad - Weakness (1987)
Descendents - Coolidge (1987)
Fastbacks - Seven Days (1987)
Chrimpshrine - Bricks (1988)
Chrimpshrine - Sanctuary (1988)
Chrimpshrine - Summertime (1988)
ALL - Just Perfect (1988)
Screeching Weasel - Stupid Over You (1988)
Bad Religion - You (1989)
ALL - No Traffic (1989)
Cringer - Pay to Play (1989)
Green Day - One I Want (1989)
Jawbreaker - Busy (1989)
Big Drill Car - No Need (1989)

1990-1993. Fairly similar to the first era soundwise but it's evolved into an even poppier sound. More like a transitional period than anything since it's not really mainstream or radio friendly at this point yet but almost. Era ends with Dookie and Smash:
Sludgeworth - Someday (1990)
ALL - Frog (1990)
7 Seconds - Sometimes I Hate Myself (1990)
Big Drill Car - Take Away (1991)
Pennywise - Wouldn't it Be Nice (1991)
Screeching Weasel - Guestlist (1991)
Green Day - Private Ale (1991)
NoFX - Stickin In My Eye (1992)
Offspring - Kick Him When He's Down (1992)
ALL - Dot (1992)
Screeching Weasel - Leather Jacket (1993)

1994-1997. All set for commercial success. Still fairly raw but at this point it's become very clean and radio friendly. This era started it all for commercial Pop Punk fans. It begins with Green Day, The Offspring, Bad Religion and Rancid taking the world by storm with their new form of Pop Punk and bringing it to radios and TV stations everywhere. My favorite era:
Green Day - Basket Case (1994)
Green Day - When I Come Around (1994)
Offspring - Come Out and Play (1994)
Offspring - Self Esteem (1994)
Bad Religion - 21st Century Digital Boy (1994)
NoFX - Happy Guy (1994)
NoFX - Leave it Alone (1994)
Screeching Weasel - Time Bomb (1994)
Rancid - Nihilism (1994)
Jawbreaker - Save Your Generation (1995)
Jawbreaker - Fireman (1995)
Rancid - Ruby Soho (1995)
Rancid - Maxwell Murders
No Use For a Name - Soulmate (1995)
No Use For a Name - Leave it Behind (1995)
Lagwagon - Violins (1995)
ALL - Million Bucks (1995)
Pennywise - Same Old Story (1995)
blink-182 - M+M's (1995)
AFI - Rolling Balls (1996)
Descendents - I'm The One (1996)
Jimmy Eat World - Thinking That's All (1996)
Good Riddance - Weight of the World (1996)
Suicide Machines - Hey (1996)
blink-182 - Enthused (1997)
blink-182 - Dammit (1997)
Limp - Far Away (1997)
NoFX - Dad's Bad News (1997)
Green Day - All The Time (1997)
The Offspring - I Choose (1997)

1998-2002. Very poppy and polished. Not raw at all. Overall, it's not too different from the 90's sound but it's distinctly made for the 21st century. Emo-Pop Punk is also very apparent at this point but it's more or less just a poppier offshot of the 90's midwest sound rather than the black tight pants eyeliner sound of the following era. The songwriting and melodies are still good quality pop music. This era started with Home Grown's Act Your Age revolutionizing Pop Punk and ends around '03. The last good era:
Home Grown - She's Anti (1998)
Home Grown - Nowhere Slow (1998)
Home Grown - Envy Me (1998)
Zebrahead - Someday (1998)
Ten Foot Pole - The Getaway (1998)
The Ataris - Between You and Me (1998)
The Offspring - Kids Aren't Alright (1998)
The Offspring - Pretty Fly (1998)
No Motiv - Empty (1998)
Gob - What to Do (1998)
Lagwagon - May 16th (1998)
Gob - On These Days (1998)
blink-182 - Don't Leave Me (1999)
No Use For a Name - Why Doesn't Anybody Like Me? (1999)
blink-182 - All The Small Things
Lit - My Own Worst Enemy (1999)
Jimmy Eat World - Lucky Denver Mint (1999)
Get Up Kids - Holiday (1999)
Saves The Day - All Star Me (1999)
New Found Glory - Dressed to Kill (2000)
MxPx - Responsibility (2000)
Sum 41 - Makes No Difference (2000)
The Offspring - Dammit, I Changed Again (2000)
SR-71 - Right Now (2000)
Home Grown - Promise Breaker (2000)
Home Grown - She Don't Care (2000)
Sugarcult - Bouncing Off The Wall (2001)
Larger Than Life - Last Summer (2001)
Fenix TX - Threesome (2001)
Brand New - Shower Scene (2001)
NoFX - Can't Get The Stink Out (2001)
Sum 41 - Rhythms (2001)
Bad Religion - Supersonic (2002)
Green Day - Suffocate (2002)
Authority Zero - Passage in Time (2002)
Allister - Somewhere Down on Fullerton (2002)
Home Grown - I Love You, Not (2002)
Home Grown - Tomorrow (2002)
Gob - Sick With You (2002)
Simple Plan - I Won't Be There (2002)
The Starting Line - Given The Chance (2002)
Good Charlotte - Riot Girl (2002)
Riddlin Kids - I Feel Fine (2002)

2003-present. Not very good. Weird Emo-fused Pop Punk for the 00's. Early in the era, the '03 songs, are still fairly transitional but you can hear the sound take shape. Era begins with Fall Out Boy's Take This to Your Grave to which I'd give credit to for inventing the 00's style:
Fall Out Boy - Where is Your Boy (2003)
Something Corporate - Space (2003)
Spitalfield - Those Days You Felt Alive (2003)
Silverstein - Smash Into Pieces (2003)
Green Day - Boulevard of Our Once Good Career (2004)
Hawthorne Heights - Ohio is for Suckers (2004)
My Chemical Romance - I'm Not OK (And The Songs Show For It)
Panic at The Disco - I Write Bad Music and Tragedies (2005)
Cute is What We Aim For - There's a Class For This (2006)
All Time Low - Hey Maria Count Me In (2007)
Boys Like Girls - Love Drunk (2009)
Black Veil Brides - Knives and Pens (2009)
A Day to Remember - All Sings Point to Lauderdale (2011)
Broadside - Storyteller (2013)

But wait! Here's some good songs from 2003-present:
Gob - Lemon-Aid (2003)
MxPx - Well Adjusted (2003)
The Ataris - Takeoffs and Landings (2003)
The Ergs! - Most Violent Rap Group/Pray For Rain (2004)
Better Luck Next Time - Motionless (2005)
The Artist Life - Waiting Room (2007)
The Artist Life - Sleep So Sound (2008)
New Found Glory - Radiosurgery (2011)
Head Injuries - Greatest Felony (2013)
Better Luck Next Time - Weight of The World (2013)

Have fun! :D :D :D

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/06/17 at 7:44 am

Wow.... that is a great list above.... THanks for putting a fantastic genre like pop punk into a bunch of great eras.... karma for you... probably took a lot of effort!

I would say there was a period from 2003-2010 when pop punk was on the decline(with a few notable exceptions... (senses fail... etc.))... however 2011- present while a decline in mainstream popularity has seen some fairly good music in my opinion... I know I didn't experience pop punk at its peak at around the turn of the millennium... and that the newer music is in some ways inferior to the old... but you should give some of those bands I like a try just to see what they sound like. :) they're not for everyone... and older pop punk fans do not generally like them...but in my humble opinion they are pretty good...

I have had a busy last couple of days(Imagine having to do a 20 slide Donald J Trump Biography project for AP Gov) so I apologize for not listening to everything above yet...

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/06/17 at 11:43 am

Wow.... that is a great list above.... THanks for putting a fantastic genre like pop punk into a bunch of great eras.... karma for you... probably took a lot of effort!

I would say there was a period from 2003-2010 when pop punk was on the decline(with a few notable exceptions... (senses fail... etc.))... however 2011- present while a decline in mainstream popularity has seen some fairly good music in my opinion... I know I didn't experience pop punk at its peak at around the turn of the millennium... and that the newer music is in some ways inferior to the old... but you should give some of those bands I like a try just to see what they sound like. :) they're not for everyone... and older pop punk fans do not generally like them...but in my humble opinion they are pretty good...

I have had a busy last couple of days(Imagine having to do a 20 slide Donald J Trump Biography project for AP Gov) so I apologize for not listening to everything above yet...

No need to apologize! :P It's always a good idea to find time to relax and just listen to all the awesome Pop Punk through your speakers. 8) And thanks! I love to share the music! ;)

I've listened to some newer bands like State Champs, Such Gold, Story So Far, Knuckle Puck, Broadside and I really couldn't get into them. I listened to a lot of their songs and while they did take a lot of influence from the 90's and early 00's, you can still hear all the Emo-Pop overtones carrying-over from the last decade. It just isn't for me. If you know any newer bands that sound like early Head Injuries then I'd love to check them out! I'm sure there's tons of smaller bands still doing the old sound.

Written By: annimal on 01/06/17 at 8:12 pm

^^^This list sucks

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/06/17 at 8:13 pm

No need to apologize! :P It's always a good idea to find time to relax and just listen to all the awesome Pop Punk through your speakers. 8) And thanks! I love to share the music! ;)

I've listened to some newer bands like State Champs, Such Gold, Story So Far, Knuckle Puck, Broadside and I really couldn't get into them. I listened to a lot of their songs and while they did take a lot of influence from the 90's and early 00's, you can still hear all the Emo-Pop overtones carrying-over from the last decade. It just isn't for me. If you know any newer bands that sound like early Head Injuries then I'd love to check them out! I'm sure there's tons of smaller bands still doing the old sound.

I will tell you if I find any new ones that may interest you...

Im glad we have a thread now... wooooo!!!!

Im glad you at least have some respect for the new bands unlike some other people.

Written By: annimal on 01/06/17 at 10:00 pm

^ Who you calling other?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/06/17 at 10:03 pm

^^^This list sucks

lol

I will tell you if I find any new ones that may interest you...

Im glad we have a thread now... wooooo!!!!

Im glad you at least have some respect for the new bands unlike some other people.

Alright, cool! It's definitely good to have a thread. Now us Pop Punk fans can discuss the genre all we want! 8) I dunno about respect, though. Slowpoke always calls me a "hater", whatever that means. ::) :P

Written By: annimal on 01/06/17 at 10:08 pm

Better not be calling me other.  Don't even ring my bell.

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/06/17 at 10:45 pm

Better not be calling me other.  Don't even ring my bell.

Dont worry... I didnt even see your reply until after I posted so your not the person I was talking about. :)

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/06/17 at 10:46 pm

lol

Alright, cool! It's definitely good to have a thread. Now us Pop Punk fans can discuss the genre all we want! 8) I dunno about respect, though. Slowpoke always calls me a "hater", whatever that means. ::) :P

Well I mean not respect but you know you dont hate it the entire time lol... :P and at least you actually listenned to them and then gave your opinion and didnt just assume it was not good because it was new.

Written By: annimal on 01/06/17 at 11:02 pm

Dont worry... I didnt even see your reply until after I posted so your not the person I was talking about. :)

Good.  Mess with me and you won't survive.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/06/17 at 11:31 pm

Well I mean not respect but you know you dont hate it the entire time lol... :P and at least you actually listenned to them and then gave your opinion and didnt just assume it was not good because it was new.

Haha, I used to shy away from newer bands but then I found a lot of stuff that had the sound I liked from recent years.

Written By: 2001 on 01/07/17 at 1:28 am

lol

Not just a hater, but a h8er, which is worse!

Written By: 2001 on 01/07/17 at 1:33 am

Panic at The Disco - I Write Bad Music and Tragedies (2005)

delete this thread!!!!

Written By: 2001 on 01/07/17 at 1:36 am

I'll take time out of my very busy day (because I'm a busy and important person) to listen to some of the '80s stuff. I haven't heard those before :o

Written By: 2001 on 01/07/17 at 1:49 am

It was a great pop punk album, don't you agree

qm9T4vPmk1w

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/07/17 at 3:02 am

Not just a hater, but a h8er, which is worse!

You're just mad because I'm smart enough to know Broadside's a sucky band. ::)

delete this thread!!!!

h8rs gonna h8. ;)

I'll take time out of my very busy day (because I'm a busy and important person) to listen to some of the '80s stuff. I haven't heard those before :o

I'm still adding stuff to the 80's section to give a better representation so be on the look out. 8) Lemme know what you think! I wanna hear what everyone thinks of the different eras and how they react to 'em or whatever. My favorite era will always be 1994-1997 but the other three good ones are tied for 2nd. ;)

It was a great pop punk album, don't you agree

qm9T4vPmk1w

I should of added this to 2003-present to show how bad they got. Yuck! Should of broken up after Splinter. 8-P

Written By: annimal on 01/07/17 at 1:07 pm

Only the 70's dudes

Written By: Emman on 01/07/17 at 2:00 pm

Pop Punk's existed since roughly 1983 and has been ongoing ever since.

What about the Buzzcocks, they are sometimes referred to as the originators of pop punk and they were making music since 1977.

I like some punk(mainly hardcore, synth-punk and post-punk) but a lot of late '90s and early '00s pop punk grated my nerves at the time with all the nasally singing.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/07/17 at 2:03 pm

What about the Buzzcocks, they are sometimes referred to as the originators of pop punk and they were making music since 1977.

I like some punk(mainly hardcore, synth-punk and post-punk) but a lot of late '90s and early '00s pop punk grated my nerves at the time with all the nasally singing.

Singles Going Steady did influence a lot of Pop Punk but I feel that in a historical context they don't qualify since they were around during the original 1976-1977 Punk scene. Soundwise, it's close but still sounds very Ramones-y.

Written By: 2001 on 01/07/17 at 11:12 pm

The Freeze - So Long Ago (1983) — 4 out of 5 stars
Adrenalin O.D. - Suburbia (1983) — 5 out of 5 stars
Asexuals - Be What You Want (1984) — 3 out of 5 stars
Fastbacks - Only At Night (1984) — 3 out of 5
Husker Du - Makes No Sense at All (1985) — 5 out of 5
F.O.D. - Kid Called Me (1986) — 4 out of 5 stars
Dag Nasty - Circles (1986) — 3 out of 5 stars
Dag Nasty - Trying (1987) — 5 out of 5 stars
McRad - Weakness (1987) — 4 out of 5 stars
Descendents - Coolidge (1987) — 5 out of 5 stars
Fastbacks - Seven Days (1987) — 2 out of 5 stars
Chrimpshrine - Bricks (1988) — 3 out of 5 stars
Chrimpshrine - Sanctuary (1988) — 4 out of 5 stars
Chrimpshrine - Summertime (1988) — 3 out of 5 stars
ALL - Just Perfect (1988) — 5 out of 5 stars
Bad Religion - You (1989) — 5 out of 5 stars
ALL - No Traffic (1989) — 5 out of 5 stars
Cringer - Pay to Play (1989) — 4 out of 5 stars
Green Day - One I Want (1989) — 6 out of 5 stars always here for Green Day!
Jawbreaker - Busy (1989) - 3 out of 5 stars (it was a 2010 remaster though)
Big Drill Car - No Need (1989) — 5 out of 5 stars

Spotify added this new weird feature yesterday where they start playing a radio (related songs) of your playlist after it's done, and I got I'm The One by Descendents (1996), which I give a 5 out of 5 ;D

1980s pop punk is better than early 2000s pop punk and you didn't even tell me!

***3 stars is still above average, I think there was only one song that I didn't like.

gglbF-I28rQ

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/07/17 at 11:24 pm

The Freeze - So Long Ago (1983) — 4 out of 5 stars
Adrenalin O.D. - Suburbia (1983) — 5 out of 5 stars
Asexuals - Be What You Want (1984) — 3 out of 5 stars
Fastbacks - Only At Night (1984) — 3 out of 5
Husker Du - Makes No Sense at All (1985) — 5 out of 5
F.O.D. - Kid Called Me (1986) — 4 out of 5 stars
Dag Nasty - Circles (1986) — 3 out of 5 stars
Dag Nasty - Trying (1987) — 5 out of 5 stars
McRad - Weakness (1987) — 4 out of 5 stars
Descendents - Coolidge (1987) — 5 out of 5 stars
Fastbacks - Seven Days (1987) — 2 out of 5 stars
Chrimpshrine - Bricks (1988) — 3 out of 5 stars
Chrimpshrine - Sanctuary (1988) — 4 out of 5 stars
Chrimpshrine - Summertime (1988) — 3 out of 5 stars
ALL - Just Perfect (1988) — 5 out of 5 stars
Bad Religion - You (1989) — 5 out of 5 stars
ALL - No Traffic (1989) — 5 out of 5 stars
Cringer - Pay to Play (1989) — 4 out of 5 stars
Green Day - One I Want (1989) — 6 out of 5 stars always here for Green Day!
Jawbreaker - Busy (1989) - 3 out of 5 stars (it was a 2010 remaster though)
Big Drill Car - No Need (1989) — 5 out of 5 stars

Spotify added this new weird feature yesterday where they start playing a radio (related songs) of your playlist after it's done, and I got I'm The One by Descendents (1996), which I give a 5 out of 5 ;D

1980s pop punk is better than early 2000s pop punk and you didn't even tell me!

***3 stars is still above average, I think there was only one song that I didn't like.

gglbF-I28rQ

I like the way you think!!! :D It was a secret so I couldn't tell. ;) 80's Pop Punk is really, really f*cking good; it's not even funny! There are three songs you forgot to rate, though. :P

Written By: 2001 on 01/07/17 at 11:36 pm

Whoops! 5 stars for the Screeching Weasel song and 4 stars for the other two. What I noticed is that, at least from the examples you listed, the technical quality of the songs improves as the decade progresses :o The voice and the instruments from the 1989 songs sounds a lot more clearer and modern, and more the like the mid-90s pop punk sound.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/07/17 at 11:42 pm

Whoops! 5 stars for the Screeching Weasel song and 4 stars for the other two. What I noticed is that, at least from the examples you listed, the technical quality of the songs improves as the decade progresses :o The voice and the instruments from the 1989 songs sounds a lot more clearer and modern, and more the like the mid-90s pop punk sound.

Nice! And I'm really glad you noticed because that was one of the purposes of the list! I made it important to put all the songs in chronological order in hopes people would pick up on the progression. I'd say the 1983-1989 era and 1994-1997 era are the ones with the most apparent changes with the final years sounding more like they belong with the following era but still retaining the older sound. 1998-2002 and 1990-1993 are by far the most consistent eras.

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/17 at 2:54 pm

Listen to the Nineteen Eighty Eight album by Pennywise which came out last year (2016). It's all the mid-'90s pop punk sound :o Don't Feel Nothing is artistique.

I remember hearing their song Revolution (2012) last year, and I thought, sh*t, that is some crappy ass "political" song I'd listen to in 2004 ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/08/17 at 2:57 pm

Listen to the Nineteen Eighty Eight album by Pennywise which came out last year (2016). It's all the mid-'90s pop punk sound :o Stand By Me is artistique.

I remember hearing their song Revolution (2012) last year, and I thought, sh*t, that is some crappy ass "political" song I'd listen to in 2004 ;D

Yeah, it's compilation older songs from 1988. :P It's a great album, though!

LOL Pennywise are guilty of doing the whole "slogans but no substance" thing. The album itself, All for Nothing, wasn't bad. I liked it.

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/17 at 3:00 pm

Yeah, it's compilation older songs from 1988. :P It's a great album, though!

LOL Pennywise are guilty of doing the whole "slogans but no substance" thing. The album itself, All for Nothing, wasn't bad. I liked it.

Whoops ;D I only discovered it today!

:o I'll have to give the rest of the album a listen.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/08/17 at 3:01 pm

Whoops ;D I only discovered it today!

:o I'll have to give the rest of the album a listen.

Pennywise are the kind of band who don't change their sound at all. When you hear an album from them you know it's gonna be your standard mid 90's Pop Punk and I love it! 8)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/08/17 at 7:33 pm

More 80's songs:
Moral Crux - Mental Oppression (1987)
Descendents - Pep Talk (1987)
ALL - Don Quixote (1988)
Big Drill Car -5 Year Itch (1988)
Screeching Weasel - Supermarket Fantasy (1988)
Bad Religion - How Much is Enough (1988)
Bad Religion - Delirium of Disorder (1988)

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/17 at 7:54 pm

Listening!

I found this this afternoon

Social Distortion - Story of My Life (1990)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/08/17 at 7:58 pm

Listening!

I found this this afternoon

Social Distortion - Story of My Life (1990)

Yeah, Social D is super rad! ;)

Check out this one:

Social Distortion - Telling Them (1983)

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/17 at 8:13 pm

More 80's songs:
Moral Crux - Mental Oppression (1987)
Descendents - Pep Talk (1987)
ALL - Don Quixote (1988)
Big Drill Car -5 Year Itch (1988)
Screeching Weasel - Supermarket Fantasy (1988)
Bad Religion - How Much is Enough (1988)
Bad Religion - Delirium of Disorder (1988)

I liked all of them, especially Delirium of Disorder and 5 Year Itch! :D

I think this 1980s punk playlist is going to get more plays from me now than my 2000s playlist. No more Paramore ;D

Yeah, Social D is super rad! ;)

Check out this one:

Social Distortion - Telling Them (1983)

Nice!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/08/17 at 8:23 pm

I liked all of them, especially Delirium of Disorder and 5 Year Itch! :D

I think this 1980s punk playlist is going to get more plays from me now than my 2000s playlist. No more Paramore ;D

Nice!

Those are my two faves, too! You're turning over a newer, better leaf. Less Paramore, more Bad Religion. ;)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/09/17 at 5:13 am

Another essential Social D track. I know for sure it had direct influence on Green Day since Billie Joe speaks highly of this song and album:

Social Distortion - Another State of Mind (1983)

Green Day did a cover in '09. It's not awful but it's just kinda there. I'll link it here for anyone who's curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq0KDekcods

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/09/17 at 1:00 pm

Currently floating the day away... got done with an exam and I am now listening to some pop punk to soothe my senses...

I have had a hard past month which is why I have not posted as much as usual.... falling out with my best friend which has honestly been so hard and tough on me.... I just since three weeks ago have felt so empty inside... like nothing.... and I dont feel like anything.... I would rather feel everything than feel nothing.... sorry to be particularly depressing but I am just being honest. 2016 was gonna be a great year but it ended on such a sour note for me that it has left such a bitter pill that I was forced to swallow.... sigh.... kind of ironic the person who introduced me to pop punk is now gone from my life yet he still lives I guess with that music genre now being my favorite... no matter what happened....

What I have listenend to so far
Tautou - Brand New
Sic Transit Gloria.... Glory Fades - Brand New
Cant Be Saved - Senses Fail
Calling All Cars - Senses Fail
Pretense - Knuckle Puck
Untitled - Knuckle Puck
Summer - Real Friends (a particularly biting song for me.....)
Evergreen - Knuckle Puck
Your Back Porch - Knuckle Puck (If you gave all that you take... the weight would take its toll and your skeleton would cave...)
Lady in the Blue Dress - Senses Fail (Let It Enfold You was much more classically pop punk inclined in its style and it is probably their best album... I always go back and forth between Still Searching and Let It Enfold You as my favorite... depends on how I am feeling...)
Negative Space and Priest and the Matador - Senses Fail (A song that can bring tears to my eyes just hearing the slow and lonely guitar chords.)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/09/17 at 6:13 pm

Damn, that sucks! Hope things get better for you man!

Anyone ever notice how the dude from Story So Far looks like Randall Graves from Clerks?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_vACAiPfAlc/maxresdefault.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZVr5ajdl818/UZFaDvrMAHI/AAAAAAAAAqU/1rqcc0I7nWo/s1600/Clerks_1_720_1_large.png

:o :o :o

Written By: 2001 on 01/09/17 at 6:17 pm

Currently floating the day away... got done with an exam and I am now listening to some pop punk to soothe my senses...

I have had a hard past month which is why I have not posted as much as usual.... falling out with my best friend which has honestly been so hard and tough on me.... I just since three weeks ago have felt so empty inside... like nothing.... and I dont feel like anything.... I would rather feel everything than feel nothing.... sorry to be particularly depressing but I am just being honest. 2016 was gonna be a great year but it ended on such a sour note for me that it has left such a bitter pill that I was forced to swallow.... sigh.... kind of ironic the person who introduced me to pop punk is now gone from my life yet he still lives I guess with that music genre now being my favorite... no matter what happened....

What I have listenend to so far
Tautou - Brand New
Sic Transit Gloria.... Glory Fades - Brand New
Cant Be Saved - Senses Fail
Calling All Cars - Senses Fail
Pretense - Knuckle Puck
Untitled - Knuckle Puck
Summer - Real Friends (a particularly biting song for me.....)
Evergreen - Knuckle Puck
Your Back Porch - Knuckle Puck (If you gave all that you take... the weight would take its toll and your skeleton would cave...)
Lady in the Blue Dress - Senses Fail (Let It Enfold You was much more classically pop punk inclined in its style and it is probably their best album... I always go back and forth between Still Searching and Let It Enfold You as my favorite... depends on how I am feeling...)
Negative Space and Priest and the Matador - Senses Fail (A song that can bring tears to my eyes just hearing the slow and lonely guitar chords.)

Wait, was it that Daniel kid you kept hanging out with? You had a fight?  :o

That's awful. You looked like you had a really special friendship going on there. That must suck to lose it. :\'(

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/09/17 at 6:21 pm

This was my go-to song for whenever I had a falling-out with someone:

blink-182 - Lemmings (1997)

Hope it helps, dude. :)

Written By: 2001 on 01/09/17 at 6:24 pm

Anyone ever notice how the dude from Story So Far looks like Randall Graves from Clerks?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZVr5ajdl818/UZFaDvrMAHI/AAAAAAAAAqU/1rqcc0I7nWo/s1600/Clerks_1_720_1_large.png

The one on the bottom has a bigger jaw/chin. I can tell because the top one looks cute to me but the bottom one doesn't do anything  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/09/17 at 6:27 pm

The one on the bottom has a bigger jaw/chin. I can tell because the top one looks cute to me but the bottom one doesn't do anything  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Why did you have to ruin it! >:(

I don't like the Story so Far but I was actually warming up to one of their songs because in the music video, it looked like Randall Graves was screaming the lyrics at my face and I thought "how could I hate this!?" but now look what you did! You ruined my perception of it!

Randall Graves is a lot cooler than Parker Cannon, anyway. ::)

Written By: 2001 on 01/09/17 at 6:32 pm

I looked up Parker Cannon, for, ehem, research, and I see he dropped kicked a girl at a Toronto concert. Mess!  >:( We don't do things like that around here, eh! You Californians.  >:(

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/09/17 at 6:34 pm

I looked up Parker Cannon, for, ehem, research, and I see he dropped kicked a girl at a Toronto concert. Mess!  >:( We don't do things like that around here, eh! You Californians.  >:(

Lol he got banned from your guys club, too. :P He dropped kicks everyone who lingers on stage for too long. In '15, he dropped kick a dude in Houston. Californians drop kick everyone who isn't worth of our presence. 8)

Written By: 2001 on 01/09/17 at 6:40 pm

Lol he got banned from your guys club, too. :P He dropped kicks everyone who lingers on stage for too long. In '15, he dropped kick a dude in Houston. Californians drop kick everyone who isn't worth of our presence. 8)

Well, good riddance!  >:(

Apparently I added their song Stalemate to my "hipster rock" playlist back in March ;D It doesn't sound like a hipster song at all though. :o

cHXf7J3XCuY

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/09/17 at 6:43 pm

Well, good riddance!  >:(

Apparently I added their song Stalemate to my "hipster rock" playlist back in March ;D It doesn't sound like a hipster song at all though. :o

cHXf7J3XCuY

>:( >:(

Yeah, not at all! The song sounds like a transitional 2003 song if anything. It's ok but I like Quicksand better:

_vACAiPfAlc

Written By: 2001 on 01/09/17 at 6:48 pm

I'm done with them if they drop kicked a Canadian tbh. Let's head back to the 20th century.

Cool Kids - Screeching Weasels (1996)

I couldn't find an audio version of it, so enjoy reliving it in this skinny jeans version ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/09/17 at 6:50 pm

Ben's almost 50, why is he wearing lady pants?

Written By: 2001 on 01/09/17 at 6:59 pm

Ben's almost 50, why is he wearing lady pants?

Cuz he's got cla$s and $tyle unlike some trashy ¢alifornians!!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/09/17 at 7:02 pm

Cuz he's got cla$s and $tyle unlike some trashy ¢alifornians!!

Class and style? Ben Weasel? Yeah, right. ::) No Jughead, no Weasel.

Written By: 2001 on 01/09/17 at 7:14 pm

Does this count as pop punk?

Black Flag - TV Party (1981)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/09/17 at 7:20 pm

Does this count as pop punk?

Black Flag - TV Party (1981)

You linked it wrong. :P

But it's a bit early and too raw. Anything after '82 is fair game, though. I'd put it under proto-pop punk if anything. Same with stuff like You Sound Like You're Sick by The Ramones which is also from 1981 but that's even closer to regular Pop Punk!

Ramones - You Sound Like Your Sick (1981)

Written By: 2001 on 01/09/17 at 7:38 pm

You linked it wrong. :P

But it's a bit early and too raw. Anything after '82 is fair game, though. I'd put it under proto-pop punk if anything. Same with stuff like You Sound Like You're Sick by The Ramones which is also from 1981 but that's even closer to regular Pop Punk!

Ramones - You Sound Like Your Sick (1981)

Whoops, fixed.

Darn, even proto-pop punk is so good tho! ;D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/09/17 at 7:48 pm

Whoops, fixed.

Darn, even proto-pop punk is so good tho! ;D

I know right? It totally rules! :D

Another one:

Fastbacks - It's Your Birthday (1981)

Written By: 2001 on 01/09/17 at 8:29 pm

I know right? It totally rules! :D

Another one:

Fastbacks - It's Your Birthday (1981)

It sounds more old-school than the song they released only three years later :o

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/09/17 at 8:30 pm

It sounds more old-school than the song they released only three years later :o

That's why it's proto-pop punk. : P ; )

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/09/17 at 8:40 pm

LOL HE LOOKS LIKE HIM...

:D

He has a unique voice but is IMHO A DOUCHE BAG... I can respect him as an artist but Parker is a douche honestly lol...

Thank you for the well wishes...

I actually have that album on vinyl... their latest album.... kinda listen to it occasionally since I have a high quality record player in my home.

(I would quote you slowpoke but I cant seem to go back and quote)

Yeah... we had a special friendship yet on December 19th all of a sudden in like a complete 180 he all of a sudden didnt want to know me anymore and it really hurt cause I had like no chance to brace for impact because it came out of nowhere...

No matter what happens... he changed my music genre interests for the better so theres that.... I couldnt imagine my everyday life without some pop punk to fall back on. Kinda funny I am trying to get through with music introduced to me from the person that caused said situation.... life loves irony.

"Ill get through the winter without you..."

and

"You made me believe we had something
Well I guess that I was wrong"
(Summer - Real Friends)
Is honestly how I am feeling....

I have never had as close of a friendship with anybody else... I am used to rejection and such but never on this scale and this out of nowhere...

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/09/17 at 8:43 pm

This was my go-to song for whenever I had a falling-out with someone:

blink-182 - Lemmings (1997)

Hope it helps, dude. :)

Thank you... listening to it now! :)

Love Chesire Cat... such classic blink! :)

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/09/17 at 8:44 pm

>:( >:(

Yeah, not at all! The song sounds like a transitional 2003 song if anything. It's ok but I like Quicksand better:

_vACAiPfAlc

Quicksand is one of my favorites.....

listen to their debut album... probably so far their best... Under the Soil and the Dirt

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/09/17 at 8:50 pm

Yeah, there's definitely a lot of really good musicians who are total dicks in real life.

I've also gone through tough falling outs and it honestly sucks. I remember when a good amount of my friends stopped going to shows and turned their backs on things like skateboarding and music because they were getting older.  It's like the song Lemmings: "All the spots we used to skate, the bands we used to hate, they're still there but we've gone our own ways." It really hurt when one day I woke up and realized a good buddy of mine who I thought I'd always be friends with hadn't spoken to me in 6 months. I was always fairly content with myself and never really changed. The same bands, the same movies, etc. Yeah, I might be still a bit immature for my age but I've got a happy life. I never felt the need to grow out of anything. I'm still very close and talk to a lot of my old friends frequently but others? I guess back then they were still discovering themselves and took different paths and they felt the need to leave me and others behind.

Thank you... listening to it now! :)

Love Chesire Cat... such classic blink! :)

No prob! Cheshire and Dude Ranch are total classics!!

Quicksand is one of my favorites.....

listen to their debut album... probably so far their best... Under the Soil and the Dirt

I'll give it a listen!

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/09/17 at 9:01 pm

Yeah, there's definitely a lot of really good musicians who are total dicks in real life.

I've also gone through tough falling outs and it honestly sucks. I remember when a good amount of my friends stopped going to shows and turned their backs on things like skateboarding and music because they were getting older.  It's like the song Lemmings: "All the spots we used to skate, the bands we used to hate, they're still there but we've gone our own ways." It really hurt when one day I woke up and realized a good buddy of mine who I thought I'd always be friends with hadn't spoken to me in 6 months. I was always fairly content with myself and never really changed. The same bands, the same movies, etc. Yeah, I might be still a bit immature for my age but I've got a happy life. I never felt the need to grow out of anything. I'm still very close and talk to a lot of my old friends frequently but others? I guess back then they were still discovering themselves and took different paths and they felt the need to leave me and others behind.

No prob! Cheshire and Dude Ranch are total classics!!

I'll give it a listen!

Yeah I have heard that has been a challenge for those pop punk fans that grew up in the late 90s and early 2000s.... where it came to a point where your old friends would move onto other things while you were seen as immature due to still being stuck in a genre that is great yet so misunderstood by so many other people...

The friendship I had with him was special..... I had always had a long search that will now continue for a best friend..... and I thought I had finally found one.... I guess not.

The way at which he ended the friendship was particularly sour... three long text messages out of nowhere which just that afternoon he said everything was fine...

I have felt empty in so many ways since that day... but I guess pop punk helps me feel less empty... thats what I love about the genre... it is so therapeutic in so many ways into what I am facing and such...

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/09/17 at 9:07 pm

Yeah I have heard that has been a challenge for those pop punk fans that grew up in the late 90s and early 2000s.... where it came to a point where your old friends would move onto other things while you were seen as immature due to still being stuck in a genre that is great yet so misunderstood by so many other people...

The friendship I had with him was special..... I had always had a long search that will now continue for a best friend..... and I thought I had finally found one.... I guess not.

The way at which he ended the friendship was particularly sour... three long text messages out of nowhere which just that afternoon he said everything was fine...

I have felt empty in so many ways since that day... but I guess pop punk helps me feel less empty... thats what I love about the genre... it is so therapeutic in so many ways into what I am facing and such...

Yeah, it was really hard back then and I've gone through many other hard times but popping a favorite CD into my discman has always helped me feel better. Just reading the lyrics to Lemmings, those words still hit me so many years later. I still remember what it felt like to have your friends move on.

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/09/17 at 9:12 pm

So many of the songs I listened to with him while in the car really bite... they bite...

Late nights spent talking about our lives... our philosophies... our thoughts on the genre....

He actually first introduced me to Knuckle Puck and I went from their and explored alot of the other bands... there is always this great feeling you get that cant be matched... a high of sorts when you have discovered the music meant for you thats been there all along...

I then got introduced to Senses Fail and Brand New.... which have also become my favorites....

I think of the time we spent driving around until 2:30 am.... and listening to pop punk and everything... God it all bites and stings.... because I guess I want to relive that but I guess I cant...

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/09/17 at 9:20 pm

So many of the songs I listened to with him while in the car really bite... they bite...

Late nights spent talking about our lives... our philosophies... our thoughts on the genre....

He actually first introduced me to Knuckle Puck and I went from their and explored alot of the other bands... there is always this great feeling you get that cant be matched... a high of sorts when you have discovered the music meant for you thats been there all along...

I then got introduced to Senses Fail and Brand New.... which have also become my favorites....

I think of the time we spent driving around until 2:30 am.... and listening to pop punk and everything... God it all bites and stings.... because I guess I want to relive that but I guess I cant...

I remember I'd go on a lot of roadtrips with my buddies. If a band was playing in LA (we're from San Jose so it's a bit far) we'd say f*ck the distance, all pitch in for gas, head down, cause trouble and stay at a hotel. Sometimes I like to think we looked like Simple Plan did on the cover of No Helmets just with less girls. :D It was a lot of fun. My life from 1996-2003 was pretty much skateboarding, going to shows, traveling and buying the newest Pop Punk CD's. I remember skipping school so I could buy the new Lagwagon CD and meet up with my buddies and skate with Double Plaidinum blasting from the stereo of whoever had a car at the time. We weren't the cool kids, we were the weirdos who listened to Pop Punk and wore dickies shorts that were too big to be considered shorts; we all bonded over that. I remember those CD changers they used to have. 4:30 am on a summer night in 1999, about 5 or 6 of us just skateboarding and talking about girls while listening to all the latest Pop Punk discs. Enema of the State, Act Your Age, Let's Talk About Feelings, Blue Skies... Those were some of the best days of my life. 

Written By: 2001 on 01/09/17 at 10:08 pm

I remember I'd go on a lot of roadtrips with my buddies. If a band was playing in LA (we're from San Jose so it's a bit far) we'd say f*ck the distance, all pitch in for gas, head down, cause trouble and stay at a hotel. Sometimes I like to think we looked like Simple Plan did on the cover of No Helmets just with less girls. :D It was a lot of fun. My life from 1996-2003 was pretty much skateboarding, going to shows, traveling and buying the newest Pop Punk CD's. I remember skipping school so I could buy the new Lagwagon CD and meet up with my buddies and skate with Double Plaidinum blasting from the stereo of whoever had a car at the time. We weren't the cool kids, we were the weirdos who listened to Pop Punk and wore dickies shorts that were too big to be considered shorts; we all bonded over that. I remember those CD changers they used to have. 4:30 am on a summer night in 1999, about 5 or 6 of us just skateboarding and talking about girls while listening to all the latest Pop Punk discs. Enema of the State, Act Your Age, Let's Talk About Feelings, Blue Skies... Those were some of the best days of my life.

That's some beautiful nostalgia.  :\'(

I'm glad I won't have to worry about this since the hobbies I've made friends over are aging-proof and acceptable for all ages, such as Nintendo fanboyism and playing Pokémon.

Three cheers for sweet revenge everlasting friendship.

http://i.imgur.com/H90xlbt.gif

Written By: 2001 on 01/09/17 at 10:24 pm

If it's not too personal, can I ask why he cut you off? It sounded like you guys were really getting along. That's really sudden :o

I'll take time to listen to all the new songs posted here tomorrow morning.

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/09/17 at 10:27 pm

I'll explain it in full tommorow. Going to bed. I've had a long day lol.

Thank you for sharing that Jordan. That was truly such a nostalgic experience you had in the late 90s. Made me almost cry reading that.

Three cheers for friendship. Lol. :)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/09/17 at 10:32 pm

That's some beautiful nostalgia.  :\'(

I'm glad I won't have to worry about this since the hobbies I've made friends over are aging-proof and acceptable for all ages, such as Nintendo fanboyism and playing Pokémon.

Three cheers for sweet revenge everlasting friendship.

http://i.imgur.com/H90xlbt.gif

It's so weird how things change! In 1999 I never would of guessed that in 2017 we'd have 30 year old men would be playing Pokemon. Oh boy! ::) :D

Three Cheers for good Pop Punk! ;)

I'll explain it in full tommorow. Going to bed. I've had a long day lol.

Thank you for sharing that Jordan. That was truly such a nostalgic experience you had in the late 90s. Made me almost cry reading that.

Three cheers for friendship. Lol. :)

I'm glad you liked the story! I love sharing these kinds of experience with others.

I like that idea! Much better than that awful My Chemical Romance album. :P

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/09/17 at 10:37 pm

Wait. An idea by me or someone else. Lol.

Listening to Deja Entendu to carry me into the night.

You should really listen to that album slow poke. It's amazing. :)

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/10/17 at 9:26 am

Slowly taking in the day....nothing like listening to pop punk to help you feel like you can continue on.

Ill post about what exactly happened with my friendship when I can... have a very long day ahead of me... drivers ed after school until 6:45 PM.... sigh.... I am so tired.

Listened to Your Favorite Weapon and Let It Enfold You today.... also Trash Boat among other things...

But I will get through.

Love this song below to death.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msEW8E6e-MQ
But Why Would You Care? - Knuckle Puck
"But Why Would You Care?"

these hands are broken and calloused, but nobody seems to notice.
and you yelled it into permanence.
have you ever come to hate the very thing that you helped to create?
cause that’s how i feel everyday.

i am expendable, but i guess that’s just the way things go.
i’m a ghost in foreign postal codes losing faith in what brings you hope.

on the outside looking in
or on the inside sitting in the corner. it’s all the same to me.
i got my hopes up. i thought i was out of the shadows.
but I’m buried six feet underneath what i worked four years to achieve.

while they were sleeping.
while you were sleeping.

i am expendable, but i guess that’s just the way things go.
i’m a ghost in foreign postal codes losing faith in what brings you hope.

home alone where all of my doubts are born.
home alone where all of my fears are formed.

i’m sick and tired of hating who i’ve become
it’s getting worse every day i spend home alone
writing myself to death stands in place of sleep.
i am an unlocked door and you’re a fudgeing thief.

you could hear me out, but why would you care?
no, why would you care at all?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/10/17 at 6:46 pm

Wait. An idea by me or someone else. Lol.

Listening to Deja Entendu to carry me into the night.

You should really listen to that album slow poke. It's amazing. :)

Your idea because slowpoke suggest "three cheers for sweet revenge." ::)

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/10/17 at 8:05 pm

Your idea because slowpoke suggest "three cheers for sweet revenge." ::)

Oh ok.... I read it wrong... I guess I was so tired lol.....

Still so glad we have this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/10/17 at 8:17 pm

Yeah, this thread rules! 8)

Written By: 2001 on 01/10/17 at 9:00 pm

Je l'ai déjà entendu !

Sorry, bad French pun :-X I'm half way through the album, it's very... Atmospheric. I like it :o

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/10/17 at 9:02 pm

I'm so glad you love it. :)

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/11/17 at 7:20 am

Well you listen to the whole thing.... thoughts?

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/11/17 at 8:50 pm

Listening to pop punk today carmed me down. I'll eventually get listening to the songs you guys recommend.

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/12/17 at 8:24 am

Currently listening to Damnit by Blink 182.

In my opinion this is probably their best song.

Well I guess this is growing up...

I guess I think of this whenever I fall out with somebody...

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/12/17 at 8:40 am

True Contrite - Knuckle Puck (From their 2015 album "Copacetic")
"True Contrite"

You learn a lot about honesty from the dried out leaves of the fallen trees in your life
Forgiving pathetic excuses for long term abuse is something I could never justify with God
You live in a lonely state of denial and self-decay
A living reminder of buried weight you never shed in the first place

Disguise your memory with pictures on the walls
(Am I good enough? Am I good enough?)
Replace my every flaw, the ones you never even saw
(As if you tried to, you never tried to)
We dream in color, but see in black and white
Between the covers, we sleep on beds of lies
Someday your true contrite will find you

Your world is what you've made it
Is this all you bartered for?

You live in a lonely state of denial and self-decay
A living reminder of buried weight you never shed in the first place

Disguise your memory with pictures on the walls
(Am I good enough? Am I good enough?)
Replace my every flaw, the ones you never even saw
(As if you tried to, you never tried to)
We dream in color, but see in black and white
Between the covers, we sleep on beds of lies
Someday your true contrite will find you

Written By: 2001 on 01/12/17 at 9:59 am

Well you listen to the whole thing.... thoughts?

Whoops. I listened to half of it, then went to bed, but then forgot to listen to other half! I'll get to it.

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/12/17 at 11:43 am

Whoops. I listened to half of it, then went to bed, but then forgot to listen to other half! I'll get to it.

Whe you go back to listen to it again listen to the whole thing again instead of just the half you missed.... when doing that you can see what the songs mingle together and how they all flow... :)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/12/17 at 9:57 pm

Dammit rules! I've been listening to a lot of Dude Ranch lately.

Written By: annimal on 01/13/17 at 8:14 pm

oh sorry,  I need to catch up listening to both half of these songs too.  I've had to strut away from my computer as I was being called.

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/13/17 at 9:34 pm

I have had quite the interesting day... but it has been okay I guess....

A long week has finally come to pass.

Dude Ranch is a GREAT album.... and one I have really come to love by Blink...

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/13/17 at 11:51 pm

Dude Ranch is the album that got me into blink!

Written By: 2001 on 01/14/17 at 12:21 am

Was this a ska band you recommended to me before? It showed up on my new releases ;D

WcxKRIe8F8o

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/14/17 at 12:23 am

Was this a ska band you recommended to me before? It showed up on my new releases ;D

WcxKRIe8F8o

Yes! Less Than Jake rules! I dunno if this is the one I told you about but listen to their album Losing Streak. That's their best.

If you like Ska, check out this song:

Goldfinger - Here in Your Bedroom (1996)

It leans more on the Pop Punk side so it fits perfectly here! You might remember them from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/14/17 at 12:25 am

Yeah dude ranch us truly a great album...
Listened to some pop punk today.
Therapeutic in a sense I guess.
Nice to have a thread like this. :).
Ska punk is SUCH an interesting genre that I have unfortunately not gotten into though I should lol. The way trumpets and guitars can somehow mix together.

What are your thoughts on senses fail Jordan?

Goodnight all!

Written By: 2001 on 01/14/17 at 12:31 am

Yes! Less Than Jake rules! I dunno if this is the one I told you about but listen to their album Losing Streak. That's their best.

If you like Ska, check out this song:

Goldfinger - Here in Your Bedroom (1996)

It leans more on the Pop Punk side so it fits perfectly here! You might remember them from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

This is their new song, from 2017 ;D

That's a good song. I haven't played Pro Skater, I know Goldfinger from their awesome cover of 99 Red Balloons though.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/14/17 at 12:32 am

Yeah dude ranch us truly a great album...
Listened to some pop punk today.
Therapeutic in a sense I guess.
Nice to have a thread like this. :).
Ska punk is SUCH an interesting genre that I have unfortunately not gotten into though I should lol. The way trumpets and guitars can somehow mix together.

What are your thoughts on senses fail Jordan?

Goodnight all!

From the Depths of Dreams is your usual late 90's/early 00's type Post-Hardcore album that's influenced by bands like Glassjaw, Thursday and Keepsake. It's pretty good! They're sorta like Finch, too. Their other stuff wasn't really my thing, though. They never really turned into a faux-Emo band but they still had that 00's style and I can't say I'm really a fan of the Post-Hardcore sound of 2003-onward.

If you like their first EP listen to Finch and Glassjaw.

Finch - Letters To You (2002)

Glassjaw - Pretty Lush (2000)

This is their new song, from 2017 ;D

That's a good song. I haven't played Pro Skater, I know Goldfinger from their awesome cover of 99 Red Balloons though.

Oh, yeah, that cover is hilarious!

New song isn't bad either! 😜

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/14/17 at 1:00 am

So I just decided to listen to Senses Fail since I haven't done so in years and I just had a big WTF moment. I clicked on the song Bloody Valentine because he had a big ol' faux-Emo scowl with eyeliner and everything but I remembered them not sounding very faux-Emo. I clicked the video and the song starts up and sounds just like something from 2000 and I'm thinking "this is from 2006 or something! Why does this sound like something off Glassjaw's debut?!?! That sound was outdated by 2004!!" so I look up the song and remember it's actually from the first EP from '02 (that explains it!) and the video is from '03 when they re-released the EP on Drive Thru (2003 ruined everything).

I just listened to Lungs like Gallows, which this time is actually from 2006 and it's better than some of the other stuff from the time period but it's still not my thing.

Written By: annimal on 01/14/17 at 12:45 pm

Here's my list

Hungry Like The Wolf
Addicted To Love
Sweet Dreams ( Are Made Of This)       
Lets Dance
Hit The Road Jack
Simply Irresistable
White Wedding
These Boots Are Made For Walkin
Stray Cat Strut
Rock This Town
Eye Of The Tiger

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/14/17 at 6:48 pm

So I just decided to listen to Senses Fail since I haven't done so in years and I just had a big WTF moment. I clicked on the song Bloody Valentine because he had a big ol' faux-Emo scowl with eyeliner and everything but I remembered them not sounding very faux-Emo. I clicked the video and the song starts up and sounds just like something from 2000 and I'm thinking "this is from 2006 or something! Why does this sound like something off Glassjaw's debut?!?! That sound was outdated by 2004!!" so I look up the song and remember it's actually from the first EP from '02 (that explains it!) and the video is from '03 when they re-released the EP on Drive Thru (2003 ruined everything).

I just listened to Lungs like Gallows, which this time is actually from 2006 and it's better than some of the other stuff from the time period but it's still not my thing.

Even though it is not your cup of tea... at least it is great for 2000s...

Yeah Let It Enfold You had a couple of songs from their Depth of Dreams EP.... that was a great album....

Kinda funny you had that reaction lol.... :)

Shows just how well you know the genre!

Lungs Like Gallows is a great song... I am more hardcore in many ways but I do enjoy softcore as well...

And I believe it is "Bloody Romance" and not "Bloody Valentine". :P

Bloody Romance is one of my favorites especially with how the ending transitions into "FORGET MY NAMMEEE!!!"

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/14/17 at 6:52 pm

Just to see how they are.... listen to these few songs...

Cant Be Saved
Bite To Break Skin
Calling All Cars
Let It Enfold You(song)
Priest and the Matador and Negative Space (More emo but it is still pretty good...)
New Years Eve
Lady in the Blue Dress
New Jersey Sinks Into The Atlantic

this one has always stuck in my head everytime I think of ska punk

Sellout - Reel Big Fish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEKbFMvkLIc

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/14/17 at 9:25 pm

Even though it is not your cup of tea... at least it is great for 2000s...

Yeah Let It Enfold You had a couple of songs from their Depth of Dreams EP.... that was a great album....

Kinda funny you had that reaction lol.... :)

Shows just how well you know the genre!

Lungs Like Gallows is a great song... I am more hardcore in many ways but I do enjoy softcore as well...

And I believe it is "Bloody Romance" and not "Bloody Valentine". :P

Bloody Romance is one of my favorites especially with how the ending transitions into "FORGET MY NAMMEEE!!!"

Oh, that's right! I was seem to mess up song titles! : P It is a really good song, though! I like that EP alot.

Just to see how they are.... listen to these few songs...

Cant Be Saved
Bite To Break Skin
Calling All Cars
Let It Enfold You(song)
Priest and the Matador and Negative Space (More emo but it is still pretty good...)
New Years Eve
Lady in the Blue Dress
New Jersey Sinks Into The Atlantic

this one has always stuck in my head everytime I think of ska punk

Sellout - Reel Big Fish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEKbFMvkLIc

I give them all a listen and let you know what I think!

Also, great choice! I love that Reel Big Fish song.

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/14/17 at 10:38 pm

Oh, that's right! I was seem to mess up song titles! : P It is a really good song, though! I like that EP alot.

I give them all a listen and let you know what I think!

Also, great choice! I love that Reel Big Fish song.

Thank yoi!!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

And yeah. That song is so fantastically put together.

Still laughing at bloody valentine. Lol. : D

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/16/17 at 5:33 pm

Get a chance to listen to the songs?:)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/18/17 at 11:38 am

I just got some free time today! I've been busy lately but no worries, I didn't forget. : P

I'll give my honest review on all the ones I listened too.

Cant Be Saved
5/10

I don't really like the singing but the lead riff and bridge is really strong and the chorus is decent enough. I'd give it a 5 just because it does have some strong parts.

Bite To Break Skin 7.5/10

This is a good one! Even though it's from '04, it sounds more like something from 1999 along the lines of Thursday and Poison the Well and a lot more on par with Senses Fail's debut EP. It also gives off a bit of a Name Taken circa 2002 vibe (reminds me a lot of their song Magnolia, especially the opening riff. And no, the photo used in that video is not from '02. That's their '04 tour. : P). Classic Post-Hardcore and an overall great song! I've been listening to this one a lot because I like it so much!

Calling All Cars 3/10

Not a fan. It's way too faux-Emo for my tastes.

Negative Space/Priest and the Matador 2.5/10

Same problem as Calling All Cars but this one's too slow and I can't really get into it.

New Years Eve 5/10

Overall it's fairly heavy and the chorus is actually really cool sounding but the verses don't really go well with me. It's not a terrible song though.

I'll be sure to listen to the rest when I get more free time!

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/18/17 at 2:19 pm

I just got some free time today! I've been busy lately but no worries, I didn't forget. : P

I'll give my honest review on all the ones I listened too.

Cant Be Saved
5/10

I don't really like the singing but the lead riff and bridge is really strong and the chorus is decent enough. I'd give it a 5 just because it does have some strong parts.

Bite To Break Skin 7.5/10

This is a good one! Even though it's from '04, it sounds more like something from 1999 along the lines of Thursday and Poison the Well and a lot more on par with Senses Fail's debut EP. It also gives off a bit of a Name Taken circa 2002 vibe (reminds me a lot of their song Magnolia, especially the opening riff. And no, the photo used in that video is not from '02. That's their '04 tour. : P). Classic Post-Hardcore and an overall great song! I've been listening to this one a lot because I like it so much!

Calling All Cars 3/10

Not a fan. It's way too faux-Emo for my tastes.

Negative Space/Priest and the Matador 2.5/10

Same problem as Calling All Cars but this one's too slow and I can't really get into it.

New Years Eve 5/10

Overall it's fairly heavy and the chorus is actually really cool sounding but the verses don't really go well with me. It's not a terrible song though.

I'll be sure to listen to the rest when I get more free time!

I'm glad you got to listen to some of them.

Priest and the matador is a song that isn't strong on its own. However if you listen to whole album still searching. My God it all comes together. One of the few songs that makes me cry as its about the character in the album commit ting suicide.

I'm glad you kinda like can't be saved. It's got a great guitar beat.

And bite to break skin i's a freaking masterpiece. :)

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/18/17 at 2:21 pm

I would recommend you go ahead and listen to their whole debut album let it enfold you. It's freaking fantastic and is more classically pop punk. :)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/18/17 at 10:04 pm

And I'm glad I have Bite to Break Skin a chance because it's really good! I'll be sure to listen to the rest of the album and give my thoughts here when I'm done.

Also, here's my thoughts on the songs I didn't listen to eariler:

Let it Enfold You 7.5/10 This one is really good! When I listened to the verses, I thought it was a pretty huge mood change from Bite to Break Skin with it's happy blink-182 verses but then the chorus screams come in and we're back to it! Not bad! I think in terms of the styles of the eras, this one's a bit more transitional sounding than the one I listened to previously but overall it's a great song!

Lady in the Blue Dress 5.5/10 This one's ok. It's transitional like the title track but while the title track leaned more towards the 1998-2002 style than the mid-00's, this one's pretty split in the middle. I wouldn't call it a bad song, however. The chorus is really strong and the verses are bouncy and catchy enough for it to get stuck in my head. The verse guitars are the best part. They sound really nice and remind me a lot of DBS' final release Forget Everything You Know. 

New Jersey Sinks Into The Atlantic 7/10 This one's great! Reminds me a lot of Thursday, old school Taking Back Sunday (Tell All Your Friends-era) and The Movielife. Classic Emo-Pop Punk!

Written By: annimal on 01/18/17 at 10:21 pm

oh yeah

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/18/17 at 10:26 pm

Since there's a lot of Emo/Post-Hardcore discussion going on here, I'll recommend some of my favorites! If you like early Senses Fail then I'm positive you'll love these songs. Lemme know what you guys think!

Keepsake - Papercuts & Broken Hearts (1998)
No Motiv - The Waiting Hurt (1998)
Thursday - Porcelain (1999)
Thursday - This Side of Brightness (1999)
Poison The Well - Mid Air Love Message (1999)
Glassjaw - Siberian Kiss (2000)
At The Drive In - One Armed Scissor (2000)
The Movielife - This Time Next Year (2000)
d.b.s. - The Weather or Not (2001)
Name Taken - Magnolia (2002)
Finch - Letters To You (2002)
The Used - Maybe Memories (2002)

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/19/17 at 6:55 am

And I'm glad I have Bite to Break Skin a chance because it's really good! I'll be sure to listen to the rest of the album and give my thoughts here when I'm done.

Also, here's my thoughts on the songs I didn't listen to eariler:

Let it Enfold You 7.5/10 This one is really good! When I listened to the verses, I thought it was a pretty huge mood change from Bite to Break Skin with it's happy blink-182 verses but then the chorus screams come in and we're back to it! Not bad! I think in terms of the styles of the eras, this one's a bit more transitional sounding than the one I listened to previously but overall it's a great song!

Lady in the Blue Dress 5.5/10 This one's ok. It's transitional like the title track but while the title track leaned more towards the 1998-2002 style than the mid-00's, this one's pretty split in the middle. I wouldn't call it a bad song, however. The chorus is really strong and the verses are bouncy and catchy enough for it to get stuck in my head. The verse guitars are the best part. They sound really nice and remind me a lot of DBS' final release Forget Everything You Know. 

New Jersey Sinks Into The Atlantic 7/10 This one's great! Reminds me a lot of Thursday, old school Taking Back Sunday (Tell All Your Friends-era) and The Movielife. Classic Emo-Pop Punk!

Yeah. I can tell the debut album for senses fail is gonna be your favorite. Glad you like most of those songs. As this was released in September 2004 so I'm pleasantly surprised you like my favorite (I go back and forth between still searching and this.) Album. :)

New years eve is actually from their the fire album released in 2010. They go pretty hardcore. I love new years eve because of its vocals in the chorus. He protrays such an emotion.

And I will definitely listen to those albums and bands when I get the chance. :)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/19/17 at 10:22 pm

Yeah. I can tell the debut album for senses fail is gonna be your favorite. Glad you like most of those songs. As this was released in September 2004 so I'm pleasantly surprised you like my favorite (I go back and forth between still searching and this.) Album. :)

New years eve is actually from their the fire album released in 2010. They go pretty hardcore. I love new years eve because of its vocals in the chorus. He protrays such an emotion.

And I will definitely listen to those albums and bands when I get the chance. :)

Yeah, I'm surprised myself to find a Post-Hardcore album released this late in '04 that still has the older sound! It's easier with Pop Punk since a lot of people really clung on to the Act Your Age/Enema of the State sound (a good example is Better Luck Next Time who's 2005 debut sounds more like it's from 1999) but Emo and Post-Hardcore were definitely trendier scenes, believe it or not.

Some parts of New Years Eve remind me of 80's Post-Hardcore bands like Fugazi. It's cool to hear those kinds of influences seep in a bit. That chorus is still pretty sick! Love that part!

Would love to hear your thoughts! 

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/20/17 at 6:09 am

:)

I'm really glad you like the band.

I will be busy until this evening. So I'll try to listen to it this evening. : )

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/21/17 at 6:42 am

I've been giving Let it Enfold You some listens here and there. When I listen to the full album, I'll post a mini-review up to let everyone know what I think!

Hope you enjoy the songs. ;)

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/22/17 at 10:45 am

I've been giving Let it Enfold You some listens here and there. When I listen to the full album, I'll post a mini-review up to let everyone know what I think!

Hope you enjoy the songs. ;)

Im glad you have been listening to it! :D

I have listened to some of the songs above... just havent had much time... but they have all been so great so far. :)

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/24/17 at 12:42 am

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/24/17 at 9:40 am

I'm almost done Let it Enfold you! My full album review shall be here soon. 8)

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/24/17 at 10:26 am

I'm almost done Let it Enfold you! My full album review shall be here soon. 8)

YAY!!!! :D :D :D :D

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/26/17 at 11:44 pm

Pretty funny I am so hyped up to hear what you think lol... :)

Cant wait..!

Been listening to some Taking Back Sunday.... they are really good. :D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/30/17 at 2:45 pm

I listened to the full album! Overall I'd give it a 7.5/10. Few songs are a little too mid-00's for me but in general the album has some really strong songwriting and good hooks. It's definitely something I like to listen to!

TBS rules! ;) What album are you listening to? I usually stick to Tell All Your Friends.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/30/17 at 3:11 pm

More 80's:

Agent Orange - It's Up to Me and You (1983)
Husker Du - Flip Your Wig (1985)
Husker Du - Makes No Sense at All (1985)
Descendents - Get The Time (1986)
Descendents - 80's Girl (1986)
Descendents - Silver (1987)
Big Drill Car - Glory (1988)
ALL - Daveage (1988)

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/30/17 at 8:08 pm

Really really glad you love Let It Enfold You!

Yeah I am listening to Tell All Your Friends and Where You Want To Be....

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/30/17 at 8:24 pm

Really really glad you love Let It Enfold You!

Yeah I am listening to Tell All Your Friends and Where You Want To Be....

It's a great record! ;)

How are you liking Tell All Your Friends? That's one of my favorites of the early 00's!

Written By: TheKid99 on 01/30/17 at 10:18 pm

Listen to Still Searching by Senses Fail.... it maybe a little too mid 2000s but I would just want to see what you think! :)

I am really really liking it! :D So glad I have decided to branch out my pop punk interests... they are not like every other band in the late 90s and early 2000s and thats what I like about em...

It just happens Mayday Parade (eh...) is coming to Bogarts in Cincinnati on APril 26th.... but the real reason I wanna be there is Knuckle Puck is coming!

Then Real Friends just FOUR DAYS AFTER is coming with Tiny Moving Parts.... like WOOOOOO

Gonna convince me brother to take me.

Written By: TheKid99 on 02/02/17 at 8:09 am

:D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/04/17 at 9:50 pm

Listen to Still Searching by Senses Fail.... it maybe a little too mid 2000s but I would just want to see what you think! :)

I am really really liking it! :D So glad I have decided to branch out my pop punk interests... they are not like every other band in the late 90s and early 2000s and thats what I like about em...

It just happens Mayday Parade (eh...) is coming to Bogarts in Cincinnati on APril 26th.... but the real reason I wanna be there is Knuckle Puck is coming!

Then Real Friends just FOUR DAYS AFTER is coming with Tiny Moving Parts.... like WOOOOOO

Gonna convince me brother to take me.

I'll give it a listen!

Glad you like them! If you like Tell All Your Friends, check out stuff like No Motiv and Lifetime. I think you'll like those bands a lot, too!

I'm not a fan of Mayday Parade, either. :P But shows are cool! I loved going to shows when I was a teenager and hopefully you also enjoy the experience!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/05/17 at 9:58 pm

Oooh sh!t!! I just found this rad CD in a box of my old stuff just two days ago and thought I'd tell everyone about this band. I forgot how good they were! Here's Houseboy!

Some songs off of their Ya Right album from 1998:

Breakfast at Tiffany's
Brett's In Love With Drew Barrymore
Yearbook
Remember, Remember

Written By: TheKid99 on 02/06/17 at 2:15 am

Sorry just saw this will respond in the morning just spent an hour rocking out to pop punk and working on my ap govement.

Written By: TheKid99 on 02/06/17 at 6:43 am

I'll give it a listen!

Glad you like them! If you like Tell All Your Friends, check out stuff like No Motiv and Lifetime. I think you'll like those bands a lot, too!

I'm not a fan of Mayday Parade, either. :P But shows are cool! I loved going to shows when I was a teenager and hopefully you also enjoy the experience!

I will check those out.... I think I will like those bands!

Yeah.... Mayday Parade is what I would call a bit too mainstream and just eh.... Im glad some great pop punk is coming to my town....(NOT Mayday Parade) :D

Stayed up till 3:30 doing my AP Gov... nothing like listening to pop punk to get you in the groove. :)

Written By: TheKid99 on 02/07/17 at 9:36 am

Im going to share this memory I have of late last year...

I dedicate this to my former best friend.... the one for better or worse... changed who I am by introducing me to the best genre of music ever, pop punk.

Without him in my life, I feel alone every day.... and I think back to better times....

I wonder what is going on, but all I can do is look back.

I remember October 7th - October 8th, 2016. This was the first song I listened to in the car... at 2:00 am... after the best amusment park visit I had ever had. For two and a half hours, all I did was talk with him.... that is all we did.... and I think back to that... and I just.... want to relive it I guess... think of anything you could talk about.... nothing was too bad... too cringy.... too horrible.... to awful.... to judgmental.... too calloused... or too stupid to talk about. Philosophies and what I thought of my then budding interest into the fantastic genre of pop punk.

That day in a very long email he had told me about Senses Fail... his favorite pop punk band. He set up his playlist to introduce me to it... which I was looking forward to...

In the car... he turned on the playlist..... in the process.... we got lost.... but this song was playing.... with lyrics and music so powerful that it shut us up... and we just let the music enfold you...

Late nights in the car.... 2:00 am.... with nothing else to do but let the music enfold you. We drove around for an hour.... before finally arriving at my house at 2:50 am... little did I know just how much I would miss this day.

Even then... i teared up with this song.... and yet... he didnt judge me one bit... the music is the judge of who you really are... and I think back to the lyrics, and the song, and just how great I felt that night... and I just internally cry inside.

I was so perfectly copacetic in late 2016.... but that is now gone....

Now the song wasnt pop punk.... it was more hardcore.... but it helped ease in to the less hardcore early Senses Fail.

The first Senses Fail song I heard that was just this masterpiece introduction.... was this below....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQFtnSrHaXc
"My Fear Of An Unlived Life"

We all struggle to breathe sometimes
We all just want to feel alive

I just get so damn scared at night
That I won't be the person who I should

This life is so fragile, we can break in two
We can face the truth with grace and choose to lose our hardened views

One day I will be gone
But all the things that I have done will remain
They will remain
My actions remain
My actions remain

There is nothing sadder than an unlived life
You cannot run from the things you hide
You must turn and face the fear inside
There is nothing sadder than an unlived life

We are all longing for compassion
We are all longing for acceptance
There is nothing that shows more strength
Than meeting pain with compassion
Because we all have wounded hearts
We are just as blind in the dark
And we all quiver in fear
When the ones we love disappear

But the love they gave us, it stays here
But the love they showed us, it stays here
But the love they gave us, it stays here

Written By: TheKid99 on 02/10/17 at 11:13 am

Officially bought my concert tickets for Real Friends at Bogarts on 4/30.... cant wait! :D

Real Friends is such a great band.... gonna listen to them a little more so I can feel right in place there... currently listening to them actually! :)

And then Mayday Parade on 4/26.... gonna get those tickets as soon as I can.... mostly there to see Knuckle Puck but you know whatever. :)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/14/17 at 10:05 am

I can definitely relate to your story. Driving with friends late at night and listening to music... Good times but they're definitely sad looking back, too. Hope you enjoy the show! ;)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/14/17 at 10:10 am

So recently, I've been listening to a lot of 80's music and I found this great song off the Footloose soundtrack. I was surprised to find how much like early 00's Pop Punk it sounds!

Check it out:

Kenny Loggins - I'm Free (1984)

The verses with the guitar doing those quick start/stop chords and the little twinkle lead over it reminds me of albums like Home Grown's Kings of Pop and Gob's World According Too. Even the song's mood itself sounds really similar to some of the more "nighttime" oriented songs from that era. Pretty cool!

Written By: TheKid99 on 02/14/17 at 10:17 am

Glad to see you back online! :)

You listen to Still Searching yet?

And I will look at that song by Kenny Loggins.... pop punk sounding music in the 80s? COUNT ME IN! :D

Written By: TheKid99 on 02/14/17 at 10:21 am

Yeah I am so glad I got the tickets... and I like totally geeked out that Real Friends the band liked my tweet about buying my first concert ticket for that day... :)

Felt a bit like a fanboy for a second lol...

Those memories are really hard to look back on because it was such a great time for me and so bittersweet...

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/14/17 at 11:00 am

I haven't had time to check it out but will do so soon!

The songs is really good! Hope you like it! ;)

That sounds really cool! Let us know what your experience was like at the show here when you get back! I'd love to hear about it!

Written By: TheKid99 on 02/14/17 at 11:34 am

I haven't had time to check it out but will do so soon!

The songs is really good! Hope you like it! ;)

That sounds really cool! Let us know what your experience was like at the show here when you get back! I'd love to hear about it!

I will. Bogarts is this local music place that wasn't really big until they renovated it in the late 80s. My dad frequented the place a lot. You know grunge. He heard that sound and wore flannel before they were called flannel and grunge. My dad experienced the early local grunge scene.

Bogarts got some big acts. It's a relatively small place but it well known. Riverbend is the other concert place right along the river. Very popular with teens. Known as underage drinking and drugs central. Lol. Then the bunburry  music festival in June this year right on the Ohio River. There are no bands I like there however so im.passing up on that. But I will most likely be going to vans warped tour when they announce the lineup for its tour at Riverbend.

2017 is gonna be a good year for pop punk. And I can't wait to finally start going to concerts. :) now I won't drink or do drugs or anything. I'm not the stereotype. I'm actually a pretty good kid. But yeah. :)

Gonna be great.

Can't wait for you to listen to that album. I'll listen to that soon enough. And I'm glad you can relate to my memory.

Written By: TheKid99 on 02/16/17 at 9:24 am

Made my day that I found "The Devils and God Are Raging Inside Me" on vinyl at my local record store... so much so I asked them to hold it for me! :)

I hope to buy it! :D

Just wish Deja Entendu and My Favorite Weapon were available.... but oh well! :)

I think I saw the 1996 demos too.... that might be someting I might wanna get....

Next paycheck of mine I am going to use to buy some pop punk stuff. :)

Written By: TheKid99 on 02/16/17 at 10:01 am

And Knuckle Puck started recording its second full length album yesterday..... something I can ABSOLUTELY NOT WAIT FOR!!!! :D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/16/17 at 2:07 pm

Sounds like a lot of stuff is coming your way! I remember that feeling in the 90's/early 00's when bands I'd like were working on new albums and going on tours. Good times! 8)

Written By: TheKid99 on 02/17/17 at 7:49 pm

Sounds like a lot of stuff is coming your way! I remember that feeling in the 90's/early 00's when bands I'd like were working on new albums and going on tours. Good times! 8)

Glad you know the feeling. :D

VERY glad alot of stuff is coming my way.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/17/17 at 11:31 pm

Sure sounds like it! It seems like a good year for you so far! :D

Written By: TheKid99 on 02/18/17 at 7:58 pm

Sure sounds like it! It seems like a good year for you so far! :D

Other than my personal life taking a gigantic hit. You know I guess in terms of my pop punk interest... it's gonna be a good year for me!

Do you think nowadays pop punk is more pure and or better than mid to late 2000s pop punk?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/18/17 at 10:22 pm

Other than my personal life taking a gigantic hit. You know I guess in terms of my pop punk interest... it's gonna be a good year for me!

Do you think nowadays pop punk is more pure and or better than mid to late 2000s pop punk?

Ehh, nowadays still continues a lot of that mid 00's hot topic sound and I'm not really that into the stuff current bands are doing. I usually stick to the 80's through early 00's.

Written By: TheKid99 on 02/19/17 at 11:05 pm

Ehh, nowadays still continues a lot of that mid 00's hot topic sound and I'm not really that into the stuff current bands are doing. I usually stick to the 80's through early 00's.

Seems Senses Fail was your exception! :) (You liked Let It Enfold You which while having a song or two from their Depth to Dreams EP was mostly new stuff made released in circa 9/2004.)
https://youtu.be/lyS-RoMlB6A
Couldnt have said this better than this guy did about "The Devils and God Are Raging Inside Me"

Written By: TheKid99 on 02/19/17 at 11:26 pm

Listen to this.....
https://youtu.be/J3K-2Sfzs6w
So powerful.

Written By: TheKid99 on 02/28/17 at 1:04 pm

Written By: 2001 on 02/28/17 at 2:31 pm

I neglected this thread.  :-X

Where should I start  ;D

Written By: TheKid99 on 02/28/17 at 11:00 pm

I neglected this thread.  :-X

Where should I start  ;D

Start wherever you want! :]

Written By: TheKid99 on 03/06/17 at 9:53 am

Met a girl at my workplace who just happened to come by when I was dishwashing with me blasting out Oak Street by KNuckle Puck, asking what I was listening to and then we went into like a 2 minute "fangirl moment, it was soooo funny. She likes some of the same music I do, its kinda freaky! We talked for about an hour about all the music we liked. Shes going to Mayday Parade and Knuckle Puck too! :D

One of those times which reminds you you are not the only one who listens to Pop Punk. :)

Written By: 2001 on 03/06/17 at 10:27 am

Met a girl at my workplace who just happened to come by when I was dishwashing with me blasting out Oak Street by KNuckle Puck, asking what I was listening to and then we went into like a 2 minute "fangirl moment, it was soooo funny. She likes some of the same music I do, its kinda freaky! We talked for about an hour about all the music we liked. Shes going to Mayday Parade and Knuckle Puck too! :D

One of those times which reminds you you are not the only one who listens to Pop Punk. :)

Niice! ;D

Written By: 2001 on 03/07/17 at 9:10 pm

Jordan's not coming back anytime soon is he? Can I just take this opportunity to say that Underclass Hero is the best Sum 41 album. OMG I can't believe I've kept ignoring this for so long!

Written By: TheKid99 on 03/10/17 at 10:58 am

I wish he was... I miss his bantering! lol.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/13/17 at 3:12 am

Underclass Hero? Ok, time to shut off my computer for the night...

Written By: TheKid99 on 03/13/17 at 12:22 pm

Underclass Hero? Ok, time to shut off my computer for the night...

Lol. :)

You need to stop by this thread more often! :D

Written By: 2001 on 03/13/17 at 5:39 pm

Lit!!

Descendents - I'm Not a Punk (1982)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/14/17 at 3:17 am

Lol. :)

You need to stop by this thread more often! :D

Totally. 8)

Lit!!

Descendents - I'm Not a Punk (1982)

That's really really Pop Punk, though. That's more early 80's Hardcore Punk. :P Their next album, however, is very Pop Punk!

Descendents - Silly Girl (1985)

Written By: 2001 on 03/14/17 at 11:56 am

Totally. 8)

That's really really Pop Punk, though. That's more early 80's Hardcore Punk. :P Their next album, however, is very Pop Punk!

I don't know the difference.  :-X What you linked is a great song from the fake '80s though. :)

Is this hardcore? Adoloscents – Amoeba (1981)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/15/17 at 12:29 am

I don't know the difference.  :-X What you linked is a great song from the fake '80s though. :)

Is this hardcore? Adoloscents – Amoeba (1981)

Oh yeah, fake 80's. ::) The difference is pretty obvious. :P I'm Not a Punk is faster, rawer and lot more shouty. Silly Girl had more focus and thought put into the songwriting with it's in-tune melodies and interesting guitar lines. It's also much more emotional and softer.

Yeah, that's Hardcore!

Written By: TheKid99 on 03/15/17 at 9:07 am

I found Let It Enfold You on vinyl at my local record store.... gonna try to buy it sometime this week.

Written By: 2001 on 03/15/17 at 1:22 pm

I found Let It Enfold You on vinyl at my local record store.... gonna try to buy it sometime this week.

Nice! I just listened to one of their songs (Buried A Lie), it has the mid-2000s faux-emo snarls :D ;D

Written By: TheKid99 on 03/15/17 at 5:08 pm

Nice! I just listened to one of their songs (Buried A Lie), it has the mid-2000s faux-emo snarls :D ;D

Buried a Lie is a great song. :)

Listen to the entire album when you can! :D

BOUGHT IT! :D SO HAPPY! I know it is a repressing of it but I dont care! :)
https://kicentral.com/thumbor/ZsdsL6cEf32muajCZiobSQLvZwY=/fit-in/1280x1024/https%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20170313%2Fdf2059279e062824cd327d72d469ffed.jpg
Adding onto my current vinyl collection... it aint much.... but im kinda proud of it lol.
(State Champs - Around the World and Back, Real Friends - Everybody that Dragged You Here, Brand New - The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me, Senses Fail - Pull the Thorns From Your Heart, The Story So Far - The Story So Far and finally Senses Fail - Let It Enfold You)
https://kicentral.com/thumbor/i9oqUO12xwSa2EEkv5b4nAMQXZ0=/fit-in/1280x1024/https%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20170313%2F3c2b07f27587df9ffd8d345abadd690d.jpg
Knuckle Pucks Calendar Days/Indecisive single being released in two days will be shipped to me along with Copacetic.... Pretty darn happy! :D

I have been really learning to love the bands themselves.... I watched Real Friends documentary "Moving Forward" and I can honestly say it made me love the band even more.... pop punk bands have a stereotype of being douche bags, but some have defied that mold, especially that band.
https://youtu.be/N_Hq6C-ysdg

I have finally I guess after learning to love the music and and everything to start exploring who the people are behind the music.

Warped Tour will be coming to Riverbend this summer... it all depends for me the lineup.... but I will be most likely going...(unless the lineup REALLY sucks)

How do I go to a concert alone? Like what is that experience like.... because Im gonna be a 17 year old going to two concerts within four days of each other without a car lol.

VERY HAPPY! :D

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/16/17 at 9:26 am

Neat purchase, dude. Hope the record sounds good! 8)

Written By: TheKid99 on 03/16/17 at 9:43 am

Neat purchase, dude. Hope the record sounds good! 8)

I listened to it yesterday.... it sounded FANTASTIC. :D

Written By: TheKid99 on 03/17/17 at 9:58 pm

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p747/stashua123/899426a2-67e6-4220-947b-9683ec0bf6fe_zpskc8vkwkx.jpg

Written By: 2001 on 03/18/17 at 9:28 pm

Blink 182 released a new song, Parking Lot! I like it.

jAQPU3hsqV4

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/20/17 at 7:35 am

This song rules!!!! Sounds like an Enema song!

Written By: 2001 on 03/20/17 at 3:11 pm

Can we take this time to appreciate 2000 Miles by Mest (2003). It fits right in with the early 2000s!

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 03/21/17 at 2:44 am

This would have to be one of my favourite punk songs;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVtD4qMy5Hc

It was released in 1997. The Living End are one of those bands that deserved to receive more success. They were always popular here in Australia, and I think they had one or two hits in the UK, but unfortunately they never had worldwide success.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/21/17 at 12:27 pm

This would have to be one of my favourite punk songs;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVtD4qMy5Hc

It was released in 1997. The Living End are one of those bands that deserved to receive more success. They were always popular here in Australia, and I think they had one or two hits in the UK, but unfortunately they never had worldwide success.

This band is pretty cool and I might have their CD! :P I first got note of them when I saw Billie Joe wearing one of their t-shirts sometime in 1997.

Do you know about Bodyjar? They're my favorite Australian band!

Bodyjar - Not The Same (2000)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 03/21/17 at 3:33 pm

This band is pretty cool and I might have their CD! :P I first got note of them when I saw Billie Joe wearing one of their t-shirts sometime in 1997.

I've heard of Bodyjar before, but i'm not really familiar with their songs.

Written By: 2001 on 03/21/17 at 3:35 pm

How about 5 Seconds of Summer? ;D

There's also INXS. I know about them, because they had a reality TV show in 2005 where they got to choose their new member. It was pretty awesome, for a mid-2000s reality TV show. An American Idol for rockers :D

Written By: TheKid99 on 03/22/17 at 9:10 am

There's also INXS. I know about them, because they had a reality TV show in 2005 where they got to choose their new member. It was pretty awesome, for a mid-2000s reality TV show. An American Idol for rockers :D

EH.....
(About 5SOS)

Written By: TheKid99 on 03/24/17 at 11:58 am

Wasting Time by Blink 182 is so freaking good, so is Chesire Cat as a whole. :)

Written By: TheKid99 on 04/03/17 at 7:17 am

MODERN BASEBALL - SPORTS

MUST listen... seriously.... Jordan if you are reading this... listen to it.... sounds so different from anything I have listened to!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/03/17 at 7:42 am

I'll be sure to check it out. ;)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 04/04/17 at 4:03 am

A song I re-discovered when I was making a music compilation for one of my YouTube channels. It only goes for just under two minutes, but I think it's pretty good; "Just Ace" by Grinspoon, another Australian band. It was released in 1998 and peaked at #13 on our charts. Pop Punk was pretty popular over here during the Late 90s and Early 2000s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ6dxZd0TTg

There's also INXS.

5 Seconds of Summer and INXS are crap. The US can claim them as their own. I won't mind. :P

Even though i'm not really familiar with Bodyjar's releases, I have heard of "Not The Same" before. It's a pretty good song. ;)

Written By: TheKid99 on 04/04/17 at 7:03 am

I'll be sure to check it out. ;)

Thank you.... its newer(2012) but has that coming of age throwback vibe to it .... its acoustic folk combined with pop punk... folk pop punk lol and its kinda cool and different you know!

Vans Warped Tour was announced last week.... pretty interesting lineup.... leaning more towards hardcore but it is all good.... good chance for me to discover new music.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/04/17 at 2:27 pm

A song I re-discovered when I was making a music compilation for one of my YouTube channels. It only goes for just under two minutes, but I think it's pretty good; "Just Ace" by Grinspoon, another Australian band. It was released in 1998 and peaked at #13 on our charts. Pop Punk was pretty popular over here during the Late 90s and Early 2000s.

5 Seconds of Summer and INXS are crap. The US can claim them as their own. I won't mind. :P

Even though i'm not really familiar with Bodyjar's releases, I have heard of "Not The Same" before. It's a pretty good song. ;)

I'm very familiar with Grinspoon! They have song really good songs! It's funny looking back, he was one of the first guys to have those shaggy "emo" haircuts back in 1998.

By the way, do you know 28 Days? They're another Australian Pop Punk band. I remember they came to Warped Tour 2002 with Bodyjar.

28 Days - What's the Deal (2002)

Thank you.... its newer(2012) but has that coming of age throwback vibe to it .... its acoustic folk combined with pop punk... folk pop punk lol and its kinda cool and different you know!

Vans Warped Tour was announced last week.... pretty interesting lineup.... leaning more towards hardcore but it is all good.... good chance for me to discover new music.

When I listen to it I'll let you know what I think! ;)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 04/04/17 at 6:53 pm

By the way, do you know 28 Days? They're another Australian Pop Punk band. I remember they came to Warped Tour 2002 with Bodyjar.

28 Days - What's the Deal (2002)

Yep. :) To be honest, i'm not overly keen on 28 Days, but the song "Rip It Up" isn't too bad.

28 Days - Rip It Up (2000)

Written By: TheKid99 on 04/04/17 at 7:31 pm

Yep. :) To be honest, i'm not overly keen on 28 Days, but the song "Rip It Up" isn't too bad.

Kinda nice to see a fellow '99er on these parts... especially in this thread...

What is your favorite band?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/04/17 at 9:35 pm

Not bad! 28 Days can be very hit or miss but I like a decent amount of their stuff.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 04/05/17 at 2:00 am

Kinda nice to see a fellow '99er on these parts... especially in this thread...

What is your favorite band?

My favourite bands would be Pearl Jam, Spiderbait, System of a Down and old Linkin Park. The reason why I have so few favourite bands, is because I generally like selective songs from a handful of different bands. Grunge/90s-alternative is my favourite genre in music, although I do like some punk rock songs/bands as well. :)

Written By: TheKid99 on 04/05/17 at 6:40 am

My favourite bands would be Pearl Jam, Spiderbait, System of a Down and old Linkin Park. The reason why I have so few favourite bands, is because I generally like selective songs from a handful of different bands. Grunge/90s-alternative is my favourite genre in music, although I do like some punk rock songs/bands as well. :)

Pearl Jam and Linkin Park are pretty good...

My favorites are Senses Fail, Knuckle Puck, Brand New, Real Friends, State Champs, (Pre Enema of the State) Blink 182, The Story So Far, Modern Baseball, ADTR, The Wonder Years, Paramore, I could go on and on lol :D

Grunge/90s alternative is a good genre of music. My dad was actually apart of the early grunge scene in our hometown and heard a lot of Nirvana sounding music in the late 80s before 9/1991. He had his own band and everything.....

Im going to two concerts later this month. Mayday Parade + Knuckle Puck and Real Friends + Tiny Moving Parts all on April 26th and April 30th.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/05/17 at 10:25 pm

Your dad sounds like a really cool dude!

Written By: TheKid99 on 04/06/17 at 8:49 am

Your dad sounds like a really cool dude!

He has a good taste in music, now of course he hates me genre, but he is pretty tolerant of it.

I think he is the reason why all four of us brothers have a keen interest in music, no matter the genre.

Written By: TheKid99 on 04/06/17 at 9:14 am

Luke Loves 80s music, Madonna, sappy tunes lol.
Jake is an elitist classic rock snob (seriously, he doesnt even like Led Zepplin!)
John is into funk, classic rock, rap

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 04/06/17 at 10:49 pm

Luke Loves 80s music, Madonna, sappy tunes lol.

I have a friend who likes a lot of 80s music as well. I wouldn't say that he loves 80s music like your brother, but he has "Tainted Love", "Come on Eileen", "Rock the Kasbah" and quite a few other 80s songs on his phone and computer. :P

Grunge/90s alternative is a good genre of music. My dad was actually apart of the early grunge scene in our hometown and heard a lot of Nirvana sounding music in the late 80s before 9/1991. He had his own band and everything.....

That's pretty cool!

Written By: TheKid99 on 04/13/17 at 6:43 am

I have a friend who likes a lot of 80s music as well. I wouldn't say that he loves 80s music like your brother, but he has "Tainted Love", "Come on Eileen", "Rock the Kasbah" and quite a few other 80s songs on his phone and computer. :P

That's pretty cool!

My brother is literally obsessed with the 80s, its kinda funny lol. :)

Sorry for not seeing this before.

I cant wait for my first concert..... 13 days! AHHH!!!! :D

Written By: TheKid99 on 04/24/17 at 7:50 am

GOING TO MY FIRST CONCERT THIS WEDNESDAY!!!!!

And got my friend to tag along even though he doesnt even know the band!

WOWOWOWOWOWOOWOW

Written By: 2001 on 04/24/17 at 8:23 am

GOING TO MY FIRST CONCERT THIS WEDNESDAY!!!!!

And got my friend to tag along even though he doesnt even know the band!

WOWOWOWOWOWOOWOW

You sound very excited. Have fun! :D

Written By: TheKid99 on 04/24/17 at 3:54 pm

Ill keep you posted!

And...

Vinyl collection!
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18156099_894723947336770_6296484944043166384_o.jpg?oh=610e823417f6dd0d2e0c31d4e5e67f15&oe=59930BD5

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/24/17 at 7:04 pm

That's a lot of records! Have fun at the show, dude! 8)

Written By: TheKid99 on 04/27/17 at 7:10 am

IT WAS AMAZING! :D

Written By: 2001 on 04/28/17 at 3:25 pm

Awesome! I didn't even ask what band it was, what band was it? ;D

Written By: TheKid99 on 04/28/17 at 8:11 pm

Awesome! I didn't even ask what band it was, what band was it? ;D

Mayday Parade with Knuckle Puck and Milestones.

Written By: 2001 on 04/28/17 at 8:20 pm

Mayday Parade with Knuckle Puck and Milestones.

I had their song "Call Me Disaster" on my Spotify Discover Weekly a few weeksa go. :o

Also, Mayday Parade? You have to hide this post from Jordan LOL

That all sounds awesome to me though.  8)

Written By: TheKid99 on 05/01/17 at 6:50 am

IT WAS AWESOME

AND I WENT TO ANOTHER CONCERT LAST NIGHT.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!

Written By: 2001 on 05/01/17 at 7:28 am

Nice!  8)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/05/17 at 9:00 pm

Glad you had a good time dude! Shows are so much fun to go to.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/05/17 at 9:17 pm

Also, found some more 80's Pop Punk you guys might enjoy! Some of the songs I post here also fall under the 80's emo umbrella. I know a lot of you guys know of the 2004-present version of emo but don't really know the genre's origin and I think this might shine some light on what the genre is supposed to sound like. Enjoy! 8)

Marginal Man - Friend (1985) (this song sounds so mid 90's!! :o)
Gray Matter - Oscar's Eye (1985)
Rites of Spring - Spring (1985)
Dag Nasty - Circles (1986)
Descendents - 80's Girl (1986)
Gray Matter - Chutes and Laddters (1986)
Social Unrest - The Beatification And The Enigma Of Katerina Witt (1988)
Jawbreaker - Lawn (1989)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/08/17 at 4:49 am

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/56616/1174639-mariobump.jpg

8)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 05/08/17 at 4:53 am

I'm not familiar with any of the songs or bands, but they should be interesting to listen to. :)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/08/17 at 4:57 am

I'm not familiar with any of the songs or bands, but they should be interesting to listen to. :)

I think you might like it! It should be interesting for any fans of pop punk who want to know where and when the sound really started to take off.

Written By: 2001 on 05/08/17 at 10:02 pm

I'll listen to those — the ones that are on Spotify.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/09/17 at 2:44 am

I'll listen to those — the ones that are on Spotify.

Some aren't on Spotify? I guess my music is just too underground for some people. 8)

Written By: 2001 on 05/10/17 at 4:32 pm

I listened to them! I forgot my opinions though.  :-X

Oscars Eye and Silly Girl were my favourites.  8)

The only one that wasn't on Spotify was The Beatification And The Enigma Of Katerina Witt.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/11/17 at 9:10 am

I listened to them! I forgot my opinions though.  :-X

Oscars Eye and Silly Girl were my favourites.  8)

The only one that wasn't on Spotify was The Beatification And The Enigma Of Katerina Witt.

Can't believe you forgot already. :P Oh well, still good choices! 8)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 06/25/17 at 11:45 pm

o__LoU1QANc

Eh, good Canadian band, eh? 8)

Written By: 2001 on 06/27/17 at 11:59 am

Eh, good Canadian band, eh? 8)

I know eh! :D I got recommended their song Kareen on Spotify yesterday. That song sounded a bit grunge though.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 06/27/17 at 1:52 pm

I know eh! :D I got recommended their song Kareen on Spotify yesterday. That song sounded a bit grunge though.

Yeah, that one's off of their '97 album Maybe It's Me. You should listen to that one, too! It's not as pop punk and more indie/alternative. 8)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/04/17 at 3:18 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjjaU5kQV8k

Have any of you listened to this song yet? It's pretty good! :) The song only came out just over a month ago. I actually discovered this song through Vevo promoting it as a YouTube advert. The album comes out next month, if i'm not mistaken, but it will be interesting to see how it performs commercially (especially seeing as though Vevo are promoting it). I could actually see this song becoming a hit!

Check for new replies or respond here...