inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What's your favorite era of the Beatles?

Written By: Zelek3 on 03/12/17 at 1:29 am

Choose wisely.

Subject: Re: What's your favorite era of the Beatles?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 03/12/17 at 1:41 am

I would say the 1965-1968 period. The sky was their limit during this period of time and most importantly, they still had the desire to collaborate together and experiment with new music techniques/styles. It's a shame that fate ultimately decided the demise of The Beatles, as I believe they still had so much more to offer.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/12/17 at 1:46 am

The second era!  :(

Written By: Zelek3 on 03/12/17 at 1:54 am

If anybody's wondering why I put Yellow Submarine before the White Album, it's because *puts on nerd glasses* even though it was released after the White Album, it was recorded during their psychedelic period circa Sgt. Pepper/Magical Mystery Tour, and is not an accurate representation of where the Beatles where musically in 1969.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/12/17 at 4:00 am

Certainly for me, the Middle and the Late, and of the two, it will have to late.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/12/17 at 4:07 am

If anybody's wondering why I put Yellow Submarine before the White Album, it's because *puts on nerd glasses* even though it was released after the White Album, it was recorded during their psychedelic period circa Sgt. Pepper/Magical Mystery Tour, and is not an accurate representation of where the Beatles where musically in 1969.
"Putting my need glasses on", half of the album for "Yellow Submarine", the soundtrack to the film, was written by George Martin, not Lennon/McCartney, or Harrison.

Written By: Zelek3 on 03/12/17 at 4:11 am

"Putting my need glasses on", half of the album for "Yellow Submarine", the soundtrack to the film, was written by George Martin, not Lennon and McCartney.

I'm talking about the Beatles songs that were on the album, not the George Martin ones

Written By: Howard on 03/12/17 at 3:28 pm

I would have to say the later era of The Beatles.

Check for new replies or respond here...