inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Rubber Soul vs. Revolver

Written By: Zelek3 on 03/25/17 at 4:37 pm

Two legendary albums, both linked in a way, to the point where George Harrison thought of them as Volume 1 and Volume 2 of the same album (Revolver basically takes Rubber Soul's ideas and injects steroids into them).

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/74/Rubber_Soul.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/16/Revolver.jpg

But only one can take home the crown.

Subject: Re: Rubber Soul vs. Revolver

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/29/17 at 10:44 pm

I give a slight edge to "Rubber Soul".  Its feel is so cohesive, the songs all feel like a team effort, and it was responsible for catapulting the Beatles into a new era.  That is to take nothing away from Revolver, a totally amazing album.  Both were filled to the brim with sonic masterpieces.

Incidentally as I rate these albums I can't help but think of the "American" versions, which were not actually the real versions of the albums as the Beatles intended them.  (That's the reason the Beatles put the "Butcher Cover" on "Yesterday and Today".)  Nonetheless, I answer this question with that caveat in play.

Written By: #Infinity on 03/30/17 at 12:29 am

I thought Revolver was overrated when I first heard it, but it may have since grown on me. I'll need to listen to it again to fully decide, but on the other hand, Rubber Soul is an undeniable classic with some of the most recognizably delightful pop songs of all time.

Written By: Zelek3 on 07/20/17 at 12:50 am

bumping for more responses

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/17/17 at 4:50 am

I'm not a huge Beatles fan (unlike my Dad :P), but I personally prefer Revolver over Rubber Soul. "Tomorrow Never Knows" and "Eleanor Rigby" are great songs! :)

Check for new replies or respond here...