inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If you were given the opportunity to go back in time...

Written By: bchris02 on 04/14/17 at 12:53 am

If you were given the opportunity to go back in time and relive your life from one specific point, what would it be?  I would choose November 2009.  I would almost give anything to do the early '10s again.  I wouldn't want to do late summer/early fall 2009 again for anything, but I was out of the woods by November so I would love to redo my life from that point.  That time of my life was as a dream and looking back on it now, it seems almost too good to be true.

Subject: Re: If you were given the opportunity to go back in time...

Written By: Zelek3 on 04/14/17 at 12:56 am

Summer 2004

Best year of my childhood. A perfect balance between early 2000s culture and mid 2000s culture.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 04/14/17 at 1:03 am

2007-2010.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 04/14/17 at 6:58 am

I would either go back to September 2008 to do the whole of the late 2000's early 2010's thing again (2008-2012) because that whole era was amazing to me! I miss the friends, music and times I had back then.

Or I would just skip on a bit and go to September 2010 to relive the absolute best year of my life and maybe avoid some mistakes I made in late 2011 that ruined it.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 04/14/17 at 7:00 am

2006-2007.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/14/17 at 8:16 am

I would chose 2007 because that's when most of my important childhood events happened that year.

Written By: 2001 on 04/14/17 at 8:24 am

I love my life just the way it is. But if I had to pick, like you, I would also choose late 2009, to experience the early '10s (2010-2012) again. I was going to say "I might change a thing or two", but honestly, not really: it was beautiful just the way I lived it. I'd love to live it again exactly as it was. It's amazing how consistently good that era was, like you said, it almost feels like a dream. ;D

Written By: #Infinity on 04/14/17 at 11:53 am

Probably 2007, just so that I could build a better friendship foundation with my high school classmate who I really admire but who won't be friends with me due to horrible mistakes I made with her in 2011.

Really though, I'd rather be given a time machine so I could travel back to the mid or late 90s, not to reverse my own life.

Written By: aja675 on 04/15/17 at 4:14 am

2008, in order to prevent the cycle of me having to change from one school with mean people to another with even meaner people, to another one where the people were slightly less harsh in their bullying, but were in a way worse than the people from the other two schools because they were mean enough to feed off on old wounds.
I find Ja'mie King in this scene to be relatable because I didn't like the schools I went to from 13-19: j7mYWO-D3zI

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/17 at 6:08 am

Now where is my copy of Grays Sports Almanac?

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/24/18 at 10:16 am

2013. Even January 1st, 2013 would be a good starting point. 2013 was the best year of my life. I made new friends that year, I remember inviting my friends over to hang out in the backyard and jump on the moon bounce that I had in the backyard. We had a hose and we would spray each other with it while jumping. The moon bounce also had a slide so we turned the slide into a water slide. It was the most fun thing ever. Then we would go inside my room and play games like ToonTown (before it closed) and ROBLOX (which I played every single day in the summer of 2013) It was definitely one of the best years and there has yet to be a year that will top that one in terms in my personal life.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 02/24/18 at 12:53 pm

I'd relive 2015 (I was 13) and make better decisions that would set me on a better path.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/24/18 at 1:55 pm

I really love my life right now. I am probably the strongest I have EVER been and I am VERY happy. But, I really wouldn't mind reliving May-Oct. 2003. Even though the world was a mess in 2003, in May, I was asked the question that I had been wanting to be asked for so long-and of course I said yes. Then the next few months I had so much fun planning for the BEST day of my ENTIRE life-Oct. 18th, 2003-the day I married my best friend.

Cat

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/24/18 at 2:23 pm

Same many time periods I would want to choose. However, I choose:

Summer 2008. That was the best summer and time period of my life! 8)

Written By: Howard on 02/24/18 at 3:08 pm

I'd like to choose The 1800's and see how they lived.

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 9:21 pm

Go back to 2011 or 2012 but mostly 2012 as that year was the best!

Check for new replies or respond here...