inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Places you used to live in that you miss?

Written By: Zelek3 on 04/14/17 at 4:11 pm

Personally I kind of miss Norfolk, Virginia, which is where I spent much of my childhood in (even if Norfolk was a crack-ridden crime ghetto like many people believe. :P). I did live in Larchmont and later Ghent, which people say are the "nice parts" of town, so maybe that's why I never had as big a problem with Norfolk as others did.

Lots of great memories, Virginia in general has great beaches and coastal scenery.

Subject: Re: Places you used to live in that you miss?

Written By: nally on 04/19/17 at 6:45 pm

Not really...although I did have some memories of my old home. (However, the neighborhood began to decline during the 1990s.)

Written By: 2001 on 04/19/17 at 6:51 pm

I miss my hometown of Hamilton, Ontario. It's infamous for being drug-ridden too, but the druggies are polite and don't bother anybody. It's still a safe city all things considered. ;D

I still go there every other weekend to visit old friends and family. Something about the city feels very homely, it's nice to get away from the big city sometimes.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/20/17 at 10:07 am

I'm a little bit different from you guys. I grew up in a town of less than 5,000, so crime was never an issue, and yes I do miss it. I lived in the same house throughout my entire main childhood years (1991-2002, so ages 4-15), and there's a whole bunch of nostalgia there.

Even though I do like where I live now, those golden summers of riding bikes, exploring in the woods, reenacting Power Ranger battles and fighting my friends on Mortal Kombat are still fresh in my memory. Sadly, the neighborhood I used to live in is almost totally abandoned now. After we moved out in 2002, everybody else quickly began to follow suit, and now the whole area is just deserted and run down. I get sad every time I drive by there. :\'(

Written By: 2001 on 04/20/17 at 12:07 pm

I'm a little bit different from you guys. I grew up in a town of less than 5,000, so crime was never an issue, and yes I do miss it. I lived in the same house throughout my entire main childhood years (1991-2002, so ages 4-15), and there's a whole bunch of nostalgia there.

Even though I do like where I live now, those golden summers of riding bikes, exploring in the woods, reenacting Power Ranger battles and fighting my friends on Mortal Kombat are still fresh in my memory. Sadly, the neighborhood I used to live in is almost totally abandoned now. After we moved out in 2002, everybody else quickly began to follow suit, and now the whole area is just deserted and run down. I get sad every time I drive by there. :\'(

That's kind of sad.  :-\\ At least you had fun while it lasted.

Written By: bchris02 on 04/21/17 at 3:13 pm

Charlotte, North Carolina.  I lived there from 2009-2012 and it was the best time of my life.  Not a day goes by where I don't deeply regret and kick myself for moving back to my hometown.

It's important for anybody not to move back to a place because of the nostalgia they have for how things once were living there.  People and places change with time as well.  A place that may have been great at one point in your life might not be the best fit in the present.

Check for new replies or respond here...