inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is the youngest person you've known to act stereotypical of a generation?

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/15/17 at 3:41 am

The numbers and dates can be later than the generation itself.
Starting with Silent Generation
Boomer
Xer
and Millennial

Subject: Re: What is the youngest person you've known to act stereotypical of a generation?

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 04/15/17 at 8:14 pm

Youngest

GI: 1925 (My own paternal grandfather who fought in Okinawa. He died in 2015 due to stage IV lymphoma and gastric ulcers)

Stereotypically Silent: I don't know that many Silents believe it or not.

Stereotypically Boomer: 1958 (none of my Boomer biological relatives seem like stereotypical boomers, but I just put this year as a guess/estimate)

Stereotypically X: 1978 (Honors Algebra 2 teacher)

Stereotypically Millennial: 1997 (an old friend; I haven't seen her in many years and she probably doesn't even recognize me anymore)

Subject: Re: What is the youngest person you've known to act stereotypical of a generation?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 04/16/17 at 3:29 am

Youngest

GI : 1924 (My Grandpop).

Stereotypical Silent: (There are no Silent Generation members in my family. My Nanna (my Mum's mum) was born in 1944, but she wouldn't have been a stereotypical Silent gen member and she passed away in 2012).

Stereotypical Boomer : 1949 (My Nan (my Dad's mum). My Mum was born in 1964, but she is more of a 50/50 Baby Boomer & Gen X).

Stereotypical Gen X: 1967 (My Dad).

Stereotypical Gen Y: (Honestly not sure. No one in my family was born in the 80s or Early-Mid 90s and I personally don't have any friends who were born in those time periods either).

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/16/17 at 3:17 pm

Youngest

Stereotypical Boomer: 1958 (my dad)

Stereotypical Gen Y: 1998

Honestly, I don't know that much people who could be born within the Greatest, Silent, and X generations who could act stereotypical.

Check for new replies or respond here...