inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who here is Millennial but wants Millennial culture to end?

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/18/17 at 2:40 pm

I hate this culture right now and want it replaced. It's long overdue.

Subject: Re: Who here is Millennial but wants Millennial culture to end?

Written By: bchris02 on 04/18/17 at 2:42 pm

I hate this culture right now and want it replaced. It's long overdue.

I don't consider this culture to really be core Millennial culture.  Right now, we are in a Gen Y/Z cusp era in my opinion.  Millennial culture reigned supreme through most of the '00s and peaked in the late '00s and early '10s.  I would say the Lady Gaga/Recession/Obama/Electropop era was the height of Millennial influence on popular culture.

Even Millennial trends that helped define the '10s, like hipster culture and social liberalism, are on their way out.

Written By: Zelek3 on 04/18/17 at 2:43 pm

Millennial culture over and I miss it. Well, I miss pre-2010 Millennial culture.

Written By: bchris02 on 04/18/17 at 2:45 pm

Millennial culture over and I miss it. Well, I miss pre-2010 Millennial culture.

I would bump up the date to 2013, but I agree.  I miss it.  Luckily I had so many great life experiences during that era.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/17 at 2:48 pm

I don't consider this culture to really be core Millennial culture.  Right now, we are in a Gen Y/Z cusp era in my opinion.  Millennial culture reigned supreme through most of the '00s and peaked in the late '00s and early '10s.  I would say the Lady Gaga/Recession/Obama/Electropop era was the height of Millennial influence on popular culture.

Even Millennial trends that helped define the '10s, like hipster culture and social liberalism, are on their way out.

Social liberalism is and will NEVER be on it's way out.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/18/17 at 2:48 pm

We're mostly in the Y/Z cusp era, with the Z side dominating us. I said that because it's mostly 2002-2006 babies roaming around the Internet and posting what's cool to them on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.

I would bump up the date to 2013, but I agree.  I miss it.  Luckily I had so many great life experiences during that era.

Nah, most people were already using smartphones by 2013. Plus, Millennials were being generalized as being more tech-savvy than other generations.

Written By: bchris02 on 04/18/17 at 2:52 pm

Social liberalism is and will NEVER be on it's way out.

Look at who is in the White House and how many people love him despite the fact he is royally f*cking up the progress of the past eight years.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/18/17 at 2:53 pm

Look at who is in the White House and how many people love him despite the fact he is royally f*cking up the progress of the past eight years.

There's not a lot of people who like him. The only reason why he won the election was because he won the electoral votes for most rural states.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/17 at 2:55 pm

So? That doesn't mean social liberalism is dead. What kind of logic is that?

About 3 million more people voted for Hillary Clinton (I don't care if you like her or not...you can't change that fact).

I dislike when people say stuff like this because it's a knee-jerk overreaction.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 04/18/17 at 3:26 pm

I'm more of a cusp-man, but I think that we are also on the cusp side (but more Zed leaning) of pop culture. I can't wait for a change to just happen, because a lot of stuff in the world of pop culture is just stale now.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/18/17 at 5:25 pm

The people born in the early 2000s, the last Millennials haven't become teens yet. 1999 was when Millennial culture came in flooding and that's when the last Xers born in 1981 turned 18. Gen X culture came flooding in 1982, when last Boomers turned 18. Boomer culture came flooding in 1964 when people born in 1946 turned 18. Since the earliest the Millennials would end would be 2000, Z culture won't start until 2018 or 2019.

The Millennials changed for the worst. They were at their best in the late 00s and very early 10s. Instead of hipster culture they want mainstream trash with no soul. They also seem to be wanting to enforce very rigid norms, especially gender norms.

Written By: bchris02 on 04/18/17 at 5:35 pm

The Millennials changed for the worst. They were at their best in the late 00s and very early 10s. Instead of hipster culture they want mainstream trash with no soul. They also seem to be wanting to enforce very rigid norms, especially gender norms.

I agree that the best Millennial culture was in the late '00s and early '10s.  However, I don't understand where you are coming from about gender norms. I tend to see this with evangelical/religious Millennials, but not the generation at large.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/18/17 at 5:38 pm

I agree that the best Millennial culture was in the late '00s and early '10s.  However, I don't understand where you are coming from about gender norms. I tend to see this with evangelical/religious Millennials, but not the generation at large.

I think you don't understand because the Millennials into it are typically born in the 90s and early 00s. Millennials born in the 80s aren't so much into enforcing the gender rigidity. 

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/17 at 5:40 pm

I think you don't understand because the Millennials into it are typically born in the 90s and early 00s. Millennials born in the 80s aren't so much into enforcing the gender rigidity.

I'm sorry but I think that you are severely confused and mixing things up.

Written By: bchris02 on 04/18/17 at 5:41 pm

Can you give me an example of this focus on gender rigidity?  I would really like to see it as this is a topic that is of great interest to me.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/18/17 at 5:44 pm

I think it's been over for sometime, and now it is early Z culture. I have seen it in fashion, movies, music. It is all Zed oriented.

Some of them aren't even Millennials. That would be the Zeds doing that.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/18/17 at 5:53 pm

The average Millennial was born around 1988/1989, so the average Millennial is now around age 27 to 29.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/18/17 at 5:55 pm

Can you give me an example of this focus on gender rigidity?  I would really like to see it as this is a topic that is of great interest to me.

UxpVwBzFAkw

This mindset is growing in Millennials

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/18/17 at 5:56 pm

The average Millennial was born around 1988/1989, so the average Millennial is now around age 27 to 29.

The average is actually born around 1991/1992.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/18/17 at 6:08 pm

The average is actually born around 1991/1992.
More like 1985-87. I have seen articles saying the average Millennial is 30.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/18/17 at 6:14 pm

More like 1985-87. I have seen articles saying the average Millennial is 30.

I don't see how that can be since Millennials start in 1982 and go up to 2000 or later.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/18/17 at 6:17 pm

I don't see how that can be since Millennials start in 1982 and go up to 2000 or later.
Only from Strauss and Howe though. They're the ones who came up with 1982 as the start with studies shown, but some of things they mentioned are irrelevant such as the baby on board signs/stickers.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/18/17 at 6:24 pm

Only from Strauss and Howe though. They're the ones who came up with 1982 as the start with studies shown, but some of things they mentioned are irrelevant such as the baby on board signs/stickers.

But if Gen X is 1965-1976 that's too short for there to be a generation. All the generations of Gen X I see usually end in 1981.

Written By: 2001 on 04/18/17 at 6:27 pm

Millennials will always act like millennials from now on. We're passed the impressionable age, and are moving into the establishment age.  :-X

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/18/17 at 6:32 pm

Millennials will always act like millennials from now on. We're passed the impressionable age, and are moving into the establishment age.  :-X

Which sucks because they got so much better in the late 00s and early 10s. Much more into individuality and self expression.
But then people started pounding on them for being special snowflakes and entitled so much they morphed into the way they were in the late 90s and early 00s: super conformist.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/18/17 at 6:35 pm

But if Gen X is 1965-1976 that's too short for there to be a generation. All the generations of Gen X I see usually end in 1981.
. I've see Gen X starting at 1961 at the earliest. 11 years is too short

Oh, and 1981 being the end is also from Strauss and Howe. Most sources I've seen have that year as a Millennial.

Written By: bchris02 on 04/18/17 at 6:35 pm

Which sucks because they got so much better in the late 00s and early 10s. Much more into individuality and self expression.
But then people started pounding on them for being special snowflakes and entitled so much they morphed into the way they were in the late 90s and early 00s: super conformist.

Part of this is the natural course of life as Millennials have left college and young adulthood and entered the workforce and marriages.  Baby boomers - the pot smoking hippies of the '60s who were all about free love and self expression - created the conservative, conformist society of the 1980s that has come to define boomers to this day.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/17 at 6:38 pm

Oh, and 1981 being the end is also from Strauss and Howe. Most sources I've seen have that year as a Millennial.

Funnily enough, most sites I see end Gen X at 1981...:P.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/18/17 at 6:40 pm

Part of this is the natural course of life as Millennials have left college and young adulthood and entered the workforce and marriages.  Baby boomers - the pot smoking hippies of the '60s who were all about free love and self expression - created the conservative, conformist society of the 1980s that has come to define boomers to this day.

But the Xers didn't turn into conformists. Plus Millennials were also very conformist in the late 90s and early 00s. If there was anything slightly different about you they felt threatened. Workplaces also seemed to demand far more conformity in the 2000s and later compared to the 90s and earlier when I speak to people about the change.

Written By: bchris02 on 04/18/17 at 6:45 pm

But the Xers didn't turn into conformists. Plus Millennials were also very conformist in the late 90s and early 00s. If there was anything slightly different about you they felt threatened. Workplaces also seemed to demand far more conformity in the 2000s and later compared to the 90s and earlier when I speak to people about the change.

I don't see conformity among my generation anywhere near the level it was at in the late 90s/early '00s.  Back then, you are right.  If there was anything slightly different about you, you would be outcasted.

I find today, Millennials are quite a bit more accepting of people's differences than they were back then, though not quite as much as they were in the late '00s/early '10s.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/18/17 at 10:30 pm

Ehh.. 1961 is safely Boomer. 1963 or 1964 borns is when it starts to become a Gray area

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/17 at 10:33 pm

Ehh.. 1961 is safely Boomer. 1963 or 1964 borns is when it starts to become a Gray area

My mom was born in 1963 and she's safely a Boomer. She also identifies as such....:).

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/18/17 at 10:41 pm

My mom was born in 1963 and she's safely a Boomer. She also identifies as such....:).

That makes sense actually! I mean she was in high school from 1977-1981, that's pretty Boomer (albeit Late BB Culture, but I digress). In all honesty I think the major question mark is 1964 borns.

In particular, the C/O 1982, was in high school from 1978-1982. They were at their youthful peak during the 1980-1981 school year which was probably the ultimate BB/X Cusp year in which it was probably 50/50, aka last traces of BB fads like Punk & Disco and the start of new fads gaining massive traction like New Wave. This was also the end of Carter's term and the start of Reagan's term, aka the passage way between the Liberal BB Era and the Conservative Gen X Era.

1981-1982 was still a cuspy school year, but was definitely leaning more X by that point. A major component being that MTV debuted in August of 81', right before. The C/O 83' were at their youthful peak by that point, hence why 1964/1965 borns are the start of Gen X.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/17 at 10:42 pm

I'm guessing she identifies more with being a 70s teen, rather than an 80s 20something. She's more Marvin Gaye than U2, right?

My mom actually likes both Marvin Gaye and U2. She definitely identifies as a '70s teen.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/17 at 10:43 pm

That makes sense actually! I mean she was in high school from 1977-1981, that's pretty Boomer (albeit Late BB Culture, but I digress). In all honesty I think the major question mark is 1964 borns.

In particular, the C/O 1982, was in high school from 1978-1982. They were at their youthful peak during the 1980-1981 school year which was probably the ultimate BB/X Cusp year in which it was probably 50/50, aka last traces of BB fads like Punk & Disco and the start of new fads gaining massive traction like New Wave. This was also the end of Carter's term and the start of Reagan's term, aka the passage way between the Liberal BB Era and the Conservative Gen X Era.

1981-1982 was still a cuspy school year, but was definitely leaning more X by that point. A major component being that MTV debuted in August of 81', right before. The C/O 83' were at their youthful peak by that point.

Yeah, I agree. My mom graduated from high school in '81.

Written By: Zelek3 on 04/18/17 at 10:45 pm

(cont) People born in 1960-64 (heck, you can even stretch this back to 1955) are in a grey area between boomers and Gen X, because some of them feel they aren't boomers because they were too young for Woodstock and the 60s counterculture.

While others early 60s-borns feel that they are indeed boomers, because while they weren't old enough to participate in Woodstock, they were born just in time for the mid-late 70s/early 80s high school experience which was still very boomer-ish (especially the music), and were just a bit out of the target audience by the time Gen X stuff like Nirvana came along in the early 90s.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/18/17 at 10:47 pm

(cont) People born in 1960-64 (heck, you can even stretch this back to 1955) are in a grey area between boomers and Gen X, because some of them feel they aren't boomers because they were too young for Woodstock and the 60s counterculture.

While others early 60s-borns feel that they are indeed boomers, because while they weren't old enough to participate in Woodstock, they were born just in time for the mid-late 70s/early 80s high school experience which was still very boomer-ish (especially the music), and were just a bit out of the target audience by the time Gen X stuff like Nirvana came along in the early 90s.

THIS. Although I think when push comes to shove I think most may go along more with Boomer route rather than X.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/17 at 10:48 pm

THIS. Although I think when push comes to shove I think most may go along more with Boomer route rather than X.

You guys are both solid in your assessments.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/18/17 at 10:49 pm

Funnily enough, most sites I see end Gen X at 1981...:P.
That's Strauss and Howe. They're the only ones who use 1981 as the cutoff.

Well I'm not saying it's the start. I'm just saying that I have seen that year as the earliest. I definitely agree though.

Those in the 1955-64 are pretty much younger Boomers. The 60s and Woodstock were for all older Boomers.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/18/17 at 10:50 pm

You guys are both solid in your assessments.

Thanks! BTW do you guys think its weird when some 55-59' borns do not identify as Boomers? Especially 1955 borns, they're like the epitome of the Baby Boomers (both from a demographic and cultural standpoint).

Written By: Zelek3 on 04/18/17 at 10:51 pm

Not exactly true. National Geographic used 1981 as the cutoff in their Gen X documentary last year. And if National Geographic isn't the #1 authority on knowledge in the world, I don't know what is.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/18/17 at 10:52 pm

Not exactly true. National Geographic used 1981 as the cutoff in their Gen X documentary last year. And if National Geographic isn't the #1 authority on knowledge in the world, I don't know what is.
that's only two sources since the all others use them both as their references.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/17 at 10:53 pm

Not true. National Geographic and this site: http://www.military.com/military-fitness/ask-stew/ask-stew-the-state-of-generation-x-born-1965-1981

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/17 at 10:54 pm

Thanks! BTW do you guys think its weird when some 55-59' borns do not identify as Boomers? Especially 1955 borns, they're like the epitome of the Baby Boomers (both from a demographic and cultural standpoint).

Yeah, I definitely think that's weird.

Written By: Zelek3 on 04/18/17 at 10:56 pm

I think 1946 is the epitome of baby boomers, not 1955. Not just because it's the first year of the generation, but also because they've got all the stereotypical traits of boomers down pat: post-war upbringing, Vietnam draft, Woodstock, hippie counterculture, target audience for the Beatles, being able to pay for college just by lifeguarding the local pool over the summer, etc.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/17 at 10:57 pm

1946-1952 borns are the epitome of Baby Boomers to me.

Written By: Zelek3 on 04/18/17 at 10:58 pm

Thanks! BTW do you guys think its weird when some 55-59' borns do not identify as Boomers?

Not exactly. I mean the Vietnam draft was out by the time they turned 18.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/18/17 at 11:06 pm

Not true. National Geographic and this site: http://www.military.com/military-fitness/ask-stew/ask-stew-the-state-of-generation-x-born-1965-1981
Already mentioned them.

I think 1946 is the epitome of baby boomers, not 1955. Not just because it's the first year of the generation, but also because they've got all the stereotypical traits of boomers down pat: post-war upbringing, Vietnam draft, Woodstock, hippie counterculture, target audience for the Beatles, being able to pay for college just by lifeguarding the local pool over the summer, etc.
Well they shouldn't be. There was more that defined the Boomers than just those things. It seems that the 70s are largely forgotten when it comes to them.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/18/17 at 11:07 pm

Not exactly. I mean the Vietnam draft was out by the time they turned 18.

Well for 56-59' borns yeah. However 1955ers were the very last to turn 18 when the draft was still going on. On top of that 1955ers are pretty the ripe age for all of the major Boomer milestones:

-Childhood in the Post War Late 50's/Early 60's

-8 on JFK's assassination

-In High School During the Counter Culture Era of the Late 60's/Early 70's

-Either Entered College in 73' at the tail end of the Counter Culture Era or was one the last to be drafted in 'Nam' in 73'

-Was the main 'Big Chill' Generation, aka in college in the Punk era of the mid-late 70's

-Officially entered the workforce in the Late 70's/Early 80's

-Was a Young Adult of the 1980's during the Yuppie Era

-Became Middle Aged in the 90's

-Now the stereotypical 61/2 year old business executive that complains about Millennials ;D

I'll give you 1946 (I mean Bill Clinton, W. Bush, Donald Trump, & Sylvestore Stallone were all born in that year!). But from a matheamtical standpoint and cultural standpoint 1955 is like dead center. They're the bridge between the earlier Post war Boomers (b 1946-1954) and latter Punk Boomers (1956-1964).

Written By: Zelek3 on 04/18/17 at 11:10 pm

Well for 56-59' borns yeah. However 1955ers were the very last to turn 18 when the draft was still going on.

True, but it ended January 27 1973. So really only a tiny portion of 55ers would've been drafted.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/17 at 11:10 pm

I really wish that I was born in January to July 1970 :).

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/18/17 at 11:11 pm

True, but it ended January 27 1973. So really only a tiny portion of 55ers would've been drafted.

Damn... ok I guess that theory is thrown out the window ;D

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/18/17 at 11:12 pm

I really wish that I was born in January to July 1970 :).

I wish I was born in March of 1976 8)

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/18/17 at 11:14 pm

Well for 56-59' borns yeah. However 1955ers were the very last to turn 18 when the draft was still going on. On top of that 1955ers are pretty the ripe age for all of the major Boomer milestones:

-Childhood in the Post War Late 50's/Early 60's

-8 on JFK's assassination

-In High School During the Counter Culture Era of the Late 60's/Early 70's

-Either Entered College in 73' at the tail end of the Counter Culture Era or was one the last to be drafted in 'Nam' in 73'

-Was the main 'Big Chill' Generation, aka in college in the Punk era of the mid-late 70's

-Officially entered the workforce in the Late 70's/Early 80's

-Was a Young Adult of the 1980's during the Yuppie Era

-Became Middle Aged in the 90's

-Now the stereotypical 61/2 year old business executive that complains about Millennials ;D

I'll give you 1946 (I mean Bill Clinton, W. Bush, Donald Trump, & Sylvestore Stallone were all born in that year!). But from a matheamtical standpoint and cultural standpoint 1955 is like dead center. They're the bridge between the earlier Post war Boomers (b 1946-1954) and latter Punk Boomers (1956-1964).

I think 1954-1956 is the bridge. 1957 is iffy and borderline. They graduated before the war officially came to an end and all of them remember the early 60s and the Kennedy era. They were also adolescents in the last of the counterculture era but were college students of the disco era.

It's not the same as someone born in 1964 who didn't remember the JFK assassination or much of the 60s. People born in 54-56 or even 57 remembered the entire 60s decade.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/17 at 11:15 pm

I wish I was born in March of 1976 8)

Cool but why exactly? (If you don't mind me asking)

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/18/17 at 11:20 pm

The thing is the 60s and 70s bled into each other. The decades had a lot of similarities. This is why early 60s borns are Boomer.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/18/17 at 11:32 pm

I think 1954-1956 is the bridge. 1957 is iffy and borderline. They graduated before the war officially came to an end and all of them remember the early 60s and the Kennedy era. They were also adolescents in the last of the counterculture era but were college students of the disco era.

It's not the same as someone born in 1964 who didn't remember the JFK assassination or much of the 60s. People born in 54-56 or even 57 remembered the entire 60s decade.

I 100% Agree! I think those born from 1953-1957 are the epitome of the Baby Boomer generation. Old enough to remember (and even participate) the 60's, and still young enough to have fun with the 70's. From what I've noticed, most boomers born before 53' tend to see the 70's as past their time and mainly focus on 60's youth nostalgia. While boomers born after 57' tend to see the 60's as before their time and relish on the 70's.

Most 50's borns, especially Mid 50's borns, were children in the early 60's which still had a relatively post war zeitgeist and had a major 50's vibe. They also are the last to vividly remember the Kennedy assassination which is huge since it marks the democratization between the Post War 'Silent' Era and the Counter Cultural 'Boomer' Era.

They were also possibly the last to have been old enough to participate in youth culture during the Vietnam War/Hippie Era of the Late 60's/Early-Mid 70's.

Plus they were in college during most of the 70's and they were the prime age for Yuppies in the 80's.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/17 at 11:35 pm

Did you see my question ZeldaFan20?

Written By: nintieskid999 on 04/18/17 at 11:39 pm

I hope Gen X music tastes takes over the culture again. I like 90s music and the 80s music early Gen X reminisces for. The culture is missing edge.

Before people think the 80s didn't have edge check these out

LGD9i718kBU

ZEWwZNUafKo

JIrm0dHbCDU

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/18/17 at 11:40 pm

Honestly just because it would be cool to be born exactly 20 years prior to my birth ;D.

But to elaborate being a child of the 80's, a teen in the 90's, and a young adult of the mid-late 90's and 2000's would've been bad ass :D. I turned 21 in 2017, which don't get me wrong (so far that is) is a decent year. But to turn 21 in 1997, damn that'd be pretty fun! Also being a teen in the early 90's would've been pretty cool too! I mean if I was born in the mid 70's this would likely be my main teenaged crush!

http://cdn.rsvlts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Kelly-Kapowski-Tiffani-Amber-Thiessen-048.jpg

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/17 at 11:43 pm

Honestly just because it would be cool to be born exactly 20 years prior to my birth ;D.

But to elaborate being a child of the 80's, a teen in the 90's, and a young adult of the mid-late 90's and 2000's would've been bad ass :D. I turned 21 in 2017, which don't get me wrong (so far that is) is a decent year. But to turn 21 in 1997, damn that'd be pretty fun! Also being a teen in the early 90's would've been pretty cool too! I mean if I was born in the mid 70's this would likely be my main teenaged crush!

http://cdn.rsvlts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Kelly-Kapowski-Tiffani-Amber-Thiessen-048.jpg

Kelly Kapowski :D  :D....thanks for the reminder Z.

Also, nice explanation on why you like March '76 as a birthdate. Do you want me to say why I would want to be born in 1970?

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/18/17 at 11:45 pm

Thanks, and sure knock yourself out!

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/18/17 at 11:50 pm

I hope Gen X music tastes takes over the culture again. I like 90s music and the 80s music early Gen X reminisces for. The culture is missing edge.

Before people think the 80s didn't have edge check these out

Yes!! Three excellent songs by three excellent bands!

So many people think "the 80's were this boring conservative time where everyone listened to John Mellencamp and tucked in their polos" but that's actually far than the truth. They were more rebellious than the 90's were. More 80's edge!

9GMjH1nR0ds

uejh-bHa4To

MzGnX-MbYE4

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/17 at 11:52 pm

Reasons why I would want to be born in 1970 (January to July):

1. I would have been a '70s kid.
2. I would have been a 100% 1980s teen (a teen from 1983-1989).
3. I would have been able to vote in the 1988 Presidential Election (the most exciting and controversial Presidential election of the 1980s)
4. I would have been 17-26 from 1987 until 1996 and I'm in love with that time frame. Especially....1988-1993. I love the late '80s and early '90s.
5. I would have still been relatively young in the 2000s (in my 30s).

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 04/18/17 at 11:56 pm

Me too bruh! :o

Not everyone liked that era like you did Chris... ::) ;D

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/19/17 at 1:19 am

Reasons why I would want to be born in 1970 (January to July):

1. I would have been a '70s kid.
2. I would have been a 100% 1980s teen (a teen from 1983-1989).
3. I would have been able to vote in the 1988 Presidential Election (the most exciting and controversial Presidential election of the 1980s)
4. I would have been 17-26 from 1987 until 1996 and I'm in love with that time frame. Especially....1988-1993. I love the late '80s and early '90s.
5. I would have still been relatively young in the 2000s (in my 30s).

All Goood Reasons!

Written By: 80sfan on 04/19/17 at 4:27 am

I don't know. I just want a better pop culture, Y, or Z, it doesn't matter!

Written By: KatanaChick on 04/19/17 at 4:44 am

Right. Millennial culture was at it's height in the 2000's and the 10's is it's own thing. I want 10's culture to end.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/19/17 at 9:31 am

Frankly, I'm glad at the moment that I'm not 20 years older. If I'd been born in 1967 I would be turning 50 this year. Yes, it would've been cool to be a '70s kid/'80s teen, but no thanks on hitting the big five-oh!

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 04/19/17 at 9:45 am

Until that moment where you realize she's older than you and wants an older guy (which sort of did happen to me at one point).

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/19/17 at 10:56 am

BE9CXWV1alg

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/19/17 at 12:04 pm

All Goood Reasons!

Yep....I know.

Frankly, I'm glad at the moment that I'm not 20 years older. If I'd been born in 1967 I would be turning 50 this year. Yes, it would've been cool to be a '70s kid/'80s teen, but no thanks on hitting the big five-oh!

50 is nothing. It's when you turn 65 that is something.

Until that moment where you realize she's older than you and wants an older guy (which sort of did happen to me at one point).

Except Tiffani Thiessen (Kelly Kapowksi) dated one of her Saved By the Bell co-stars ;).

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/19/17 at 12:09 pm

50 is nothing. It's when you turn 65 that is something..
We'll still be sexy though! :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/19/17 at 12:18 pm

We'll still be sexy though! :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You and I will still be sexy......I don't know about mach!ne_he@d though :-\\  ;D.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/19/17 at 12:20 pm

You and I will still be sexy......I don't know about mach!ne_he@d though :-\\  ;D.
Oh, he will be too. You can be 30, 40, 50, and even 60, and still be hot! ;)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/19/17 at 12:26 pm

Not mach!ne_he@d ;D.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/19/17 at 1:24 pm

Not mach!ne_he@d ;D.
Yeah. He will. ;)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 04/19/17 at 2:31 pm

Yep, especially in my family! 8)  Black don't crack my friend. ;)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/19/17 at 2:34 pm

But Blacks use crack....;) ;D :-X.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/19/17 at 2:37 pm

You got that right! ;)

But Blacks use crack....;) ;D :-X.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Zelek3 on 04/19/17 at 3:54 pm

Damn... ok I guess that theory is thrown out the window ;D

Zelda, your parents were born in the mid-late 50s right?

Well, I've wondered: do they not consider themselves Boomers because they were too young to participate in Woodstock? Or do they indeed consider themselves Boomers because they were in high school in the 70s, listened to bands like AC/DC and Journey on 8-track (not cassette, that's for Xers), and were able to pay for college merely by doing summer jobs? ;D

(I'm half-joking on the last one. That wasn't the case for all boomers, but it was for a lot of them)

Written By: 2001 on 04/19/17 at 4:29 pm

Guys 25-49 (and up to 60!) tend to be the hottest, especially 30-45. I mean 18-24 can look good too, but a lot of people with good features attached to baby faces. Grow a beard! :-X

Time to follow my own advice. ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 04/19/17 at 4:40 pm

Guys 25-49 (and up to 60!) tend to be the hottest, especially 30-45. I mean 18-24 can look good too, but a lot of people with good features attached to baby faces. Grow a beard! :-X

I don't have the beard gene!  :-[  :(  :(

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/19/17 at 4:46 pm

And women! ;)

I can't tell you how many beautiful older ladies I have seen. :D

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/19/17 at 7:06 pm

Zelda, your parents were born in the mid-late 50s right?

Well, I've wondered: do they not consider themselves Boomers because they were too young to participate in Woodstock? Or do they indeed consider themselves Boomers because they were in high school in the 70s, listened to bands like AC/DC and Journey on 8-track (not cassette, that's for Xers), and were able to pay for college merely by doing summer jobs? ;D

(I'm half-joking on the last one. That wasn't the case for all boomers, but it was for a lot of them)

My mom was born in 1957 and My dad was born in 1949. My dad is the quintessential Baby Boomer, he actually fought in Vietnam. My mom on the other hand doesn't relate to the Baby Boomer label as much. However she doesn't relate much with Gen X either. My step dad born in 61' however relates to the Boomer label pretty heavily. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that he was the third youngest of his family out of mostly 50's born siblings. On top of that his parents were both GIs. My biological dad's parents were also GIs. My mom's father was a GI, but her mother was a Silent.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/20/17 at 9:59 am

If you had ever seen my awesomely sexy caveman beard you wouldn't be saying that! 8)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/20/17 at 10:03 am

If you had ever seen my awesomely sexy caveman beard you wouldn't be saying that! 8)

So you were in those GEICO commercials....if so ewww 8-P.....you're definitely not sexy....at all :-X :-X ;D ;D.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/20/17 at 10:11 am

So you were in those GEICO commercials....if so ewww 8-P.....you're definitely not sexy....at all :-X :-X ;D ;D.

Well, that is sort of how look right now, having gone over a month without shaving. I wish it was still like it was when I was 15, and could go half a year without shaving and barely notice any stubble. ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/20/17 at 10:20 am

Well, that is sort of how look right now, having gone over a month without shaving. I wish it was still like it was when I was 15, and could go half a year without shaving and barely notice any stubble. ;D

Wow, I have a fuzz mustache and some chin hairs....that's it.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/20/17 at 10:29 am

Wow, I have a fuzz mustache and some chin hairs....that's it.

I couldn't really grow much of a beard when I was a teenager either. Now I think it would actually be pretty nice to go back to the days when I didn't have to shave multiple times a week.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/20/17 at 10:33 am

I couldn't really grow much of a beard when I was a teenager either. Now I think it would actually be pretty nice to go back to the days when I didn't have to shave multiple times a week.

I don't even know how to shave :-X :-X :-X.

Written By: 2001 on 04/20/17 at 12:13 pm

By 17 I was shaving daily.  :o It got me the ladies! But I said, nah, not interested. 8)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/20/17 at 12:15 pm

By 17 I was shaving daily.  :o It got me the ladies! But I said, nah, not interested. 8)

SUUUUURREE ::) ::) ::)  ;D.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 04/20/17 at 1:51 pm

I have to shave almost every day even as someone who is going to be 18 in August.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/20/17 at 1:53 pm

I have to shave almost every day even as someone who is going to be 18 in August.

When exactly in August?

Written By: 2001 on 04/20/17 at 2:19 pm

SUUUUURREE ::) ::) ::)  ;D.

Jordan can vouch. I wore really slutty V-neck and rubbed my chest and neck with moisturizer to make it really shiny. The ladies couldn't keep their hands off. :o

Sounds the same as me. You're part Italian right?

By 9 I had peach fuzz. By 11 it was really noticeable, by 12 I shaved for the first time (with an electric razor though), by 13 I was shaving every few weeks, but at 14 I got lazy and let it grow. But when I got a job I started shaving every week. By 15 it was every other day and by 16 it was everyday.  :-X

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/20/17 at 2:25 pm

Jordan can vouch. I wore really slutty V-neck and rubbed my chest and neck with moisturizer to make it really shiny. The ladies couldn't keep their hands off. :o

OK, whatever...I believe you ::).

Written By: 2001 on 04/20/17 at 2:27 pm

OK, whatever...I believe you ::).

I have a lot of funky stories I want to tell, but it would sound like bragging.  :-X :-X

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/20/17 at 2:29 pm

I have a lot of funky stories I want to tell, but it would sound like bragging.  :-X :-X

We have a braggadocios President...so I don't mind ;).

Written By: 2001 on 04/20/17 at 3:31 pm

We have a braggadocios President...so I don't mind ;).

These two encountered were super weird.

One time, I went to class early during lunch time, to study and eat my doughnut while listening to music. I was the only person in the room. One of my Korean classmates, whom I knew somewhat well (we talked on MSN a few times and did a group work in class once) came in and she asked me what I was listening to, and confession I liked listening to Korean pop music back then.  :-[ Anyway, I'm guessing she thought I had an Asian fetish because then she got super flirty, rubbing my shoulders and my hand and doing this weird excessive moaning-laugh whenever I'd crack a joke. Then she started unbuttoning her shirt, and my instinct was to cover my eyes with both my hands LMAO. She tried to get me to look but I didn't relent. She ran out the room in embarrassment. She skipped class and we didn't talk again until an awkward acknowledgement on graduation day.

The other time, I had this girl who'd been following me for a few weeks. I was walking home for lunch one day, and she spots me, pronounces my name wrong and asks if I want to hang out. I told her "my parents are very conservative and don't let me date anyone, I'd be happy to be friends with you though, but I'm busy at the moment" (it's true!). I said "I'll talk to you later" and I walk home. Except a few seconds later, she gropes me and hugs me for like 20 seconds (I was stiff frozen from the shock :o) and then tried to kiss me. It was super gross. Her friend intervened and I got away but that event shook me up for weeks. I relate to people who get "triggered". When a pop song came on the radio or on my iPod that went "I want to kiss you, love you etc." I'd get super anxious and turn it off ;D

Those events were very humiliating when they happened, but give it two or three weeks and my self esteem would shoot through the roof.  :-X

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/20/17 at 3:35 pm

These two encountered were super weird.

One time, I went to class early during lunch time, to study and eat my doughnut while listening to music. I was the only person in the room. One of my Korean classmates, whom I knew somewhat well (we talked on MSN a few times and did a group work in class once) came in and she asked me what I was listening to, and confession I liked listening to Korean pop music back then.  :-[ Anyway, I'm guessing she thought I had an Asian fetish because then she got super flirty, rubbing my shoulders and my hand and doing this weird excessive moaning-laugh whenever I'd crack a joke. Then she started unbuttoning her shirt, and my instinct was to cover my eyes with both my hands LMAO. She tried to get me to look but I didn't relent. She ran out the room in embarrassment. She skipped class and we didn't talk again until an awkward acknowledgement on graduation day.

The other time, I had this girl who'd been following me for a few weeks. I was walking home for lunch one day, and she spots me, pronounces my name wrong and asks if I want to hang out. I told her "my parents are very conservative and don't let me date anyone, I'd be happy to be friends with you though, but I'm busy at the moment" (it's true!). I said "I'll talk to you later" and I walk home. Except a few seconds later, she gropes me and hugs me for like 20 seconds (I was stiff frozen from the shock :o) and then tried to kiss me. It was super gross. Her friend intervened and I got away but that event shook me up for weeks. I relate to people who get "triggered". When a pop song came on the radio or on my iPod that went "I want to kiss you, love you etc." I'd get super anxious and turn it off ;D

Those events were very humiliating when they happened, but give it two or three weeks and my self esteem would shoot through the roof.  :-X

Yeah, those encounters are very weird......but I guess that your milkshake brings all the weirdos to the yard ;D.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/20/17 at 3:57 pm

This is the song that never ends, and it goes on and on my friend.....

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 04/20/17 at 7:16 pm

Sounds the same as me. You're part Italian right?

By 9 I had peach fuzz. By 11 it was really noticeable, by 12 I shaved for the first time (with an electric razor though), by 13 I was shaving every few weeks, but at 14 I got lazy and let it grow. But when I got a job I started shaving every week. By 15 it was every other day and by 16 it was everyday.  :-X

Yes, I'm part Italian (Montemaggiore Belsito in the Palermo province in Sicily was where my paternal ancestors were from).

Written By: aja675 on 04/24/17 at 2:15 am

Yes, I'm part Italian (Montemaggiore Belsito in the Palermo province in Sicily was where my paternal ancestors were from).

Yeah, I'm partially Southern European too and I think that's why I have to shave a lot.

Check for new replies or respond here...