inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Pokemon season

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/24/17 at 2:20 pm

Inspired by the Power Rangers thread! :)

Oh, and for this topic, only Pokemon eras of the Original series, and the Advanced series. D&P and so on is not acceptable! :D ;D

For me, I'm sticking with the first three. Those seasons were fantastic :D. I will say that I did see Jhoto Champions to Frontier and while they were great, I didn't watch them as much as the first three. ;)

Subject: Re: Favorite Pokemon season

Written By: #Infinity on 04/24/17 at 2:38 pm

The first season has an absolutely epic opening song and happened before the anime's formula became a downward-spiraling broken record.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/24/17 at 2:52 pm

The Johto Journeys! Best style of Pokemon and best theme song too!

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/24/17 at 3:00 pm

I haven't watched a single episode of Pokemon in 17 years, so I really can't give any answer other than Season 1.

The main thing I liked about the anime was being able to follow along with where you went on Red & Blue. It was really cool to beat Lt. Surge in Vermilion City on your Game Boy, and then actually see Ash do it in live action on TV. 8)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/24/17 at 3:10 pm

I haven't watched a single episode of Pokemon in 17 years, so I really can't give any answer other than Season 1.

The main thing I liked about the anime was being able to follow along with where you went on Red & Blue. It was really cool to beat Lt. Surge in Vermilion City on your Game Boy, and then actually see Ash do it in live action on TV. 8)
You didn't watch Orange islands?

The first season has an absolutely epic opening song and happened before the anime's formula became a downward-spiraling broken record.

The Johto Journeys! Best style of Pokemon and best theme song too!
Agreed! The theme songs were awesome! 8)

I don't know if it's me, but I think most Pokemon seasons even those beyond the cutoff for this thread have great theme songs as well.

Written By: 2001 on 04/24/17 at 3:15 pm

If we're talking strictly about the TV show, then it's the first season for me.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/24/17 at 3:29 pm

I think the Johto Journeys seasons were the greatest. BTW, the Diamond & Pearl seasons were great because at least they still had Brock in it.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/24/17 at 3:31 pm

If we're talking strictly about the TV show, then it's the first season for me.
Yeah, just the anime. The games however, will always be great!

I think the Johto Journeys seasons were the greatest. BTW, the Diamond & Pearl seasons were great because at least they still had Brock in it.
That's the only good aspect. OTT, that series was awful.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/24/17 at 3:35 pm

You didn't watch Orange islands?

I just looked it up, and yes I did watch Orange Islands. I stopped watching the anime in early 2000, so I did watch maybe a dozen episodes or so.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/24/17 at 3:43 pm

I just looked it up, and yes I did watch Orange Islands. I stopped watching the anime in early 2000, so I did watch maybe a dozen episodes or so.
Well no worries. ;) :D I watched Pokemon to an extent up until 3 years ago, but the last time where I was watching it on a daily basis was either when Jhoto Champions or Master Quest was current. It seems most people really didn't watch the anime either beyond Master Quest or Battle Frontier.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/24/17 at 4:36 pm

That's the only good aspect. OTT, that series was awful.

How was it awful to you?

Written By: 80sfan on 04/24/17 at 4:39 pm

First two seasons were awesome, at least in my eyes!  :o

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/24/17 at 5:12 pm

Everybody has already posted their favorite seasons! For me give me anything within seasons 1-5, that's bound to be a great time 8)

Anyways, how about regions/generations? For me my favorite is Generation3/Hoenn Region. It just brings back so much nostalgia, and it was when my interest of the games was at its peak!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/24/17 at 5:25 pm

How was it awful to you?
Almost everything. I tried getting into the D&P series when it was just starting, but it didn't work out.

However, that wasn't the worst one though. That belongs to Black & White.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/24/17 at 7:08 pm

Almost everything. I tried getting into the D&P series when it was just starting, but it didn't work out.

So basically the existence of Dawn, most of the characters from Sinnoh and whatever they had for most episodes? I'm not exactly sure if that was the case, but I'll just go roll with it.

However, that wasn't the worst one though. That belongs to Black & White.

Black & White is the true sh*tty anime for Pokemon. It's basically the reason why I can't get into Pokemon anymore. That and the fact Cilan was in almost every episode was just very annoying.  8-P 8-P 8-P

Also, f*ck Unova's gym leaders.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/24/17 at 7:15 pm

So basically the existence of Dawn, most of the characters from Sinnoh and whatever they had for most episodes? I'm not exactly sure if that was the case, but I'll just go roll with it.

Black & White is the true sh*tty anime for Pokemon. It's basically the reason why I can't get into Pokemon anymore. That and the fact Cilan was in almost every episode was just very annoying.  8-P 8-P 8-P

Also, f*ck Unova's gym leaders.
No. It wasn't the characters. It was the portrayal of the anime.

Yeah, I'm glad I skipped it before it got huge. I've seen X & Y though, and it was decent.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/24/17 at 7:19 pm

No. It wasn't the characters. It was the portrayal of the anime.

The portrayal of the anime felt the same to me since at least the Advanced seasons, but it went stale when Black and White was around imo.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/26/17 at 4:33 pm

The portrayal of the anime felt the same to me since at least the Advanced seasons, but it went stale when Black and White was around imo.
But the Advanced seasons felt more real.

Written By: Dundee on 05/04/18 at 6:46 am

Having watched a few seasons, I would say season 3 (the first of the Johto journeys) had the right balance of story and progression. The first season was great of course thanks to the very diverse stories, but it's brought down a bit by the series' constant focus on Ash's lack of maturity and obnoxiousness (which was completely absent in season 3). Season 2 felt kind of aimless and Tracey definitely wasn't a fun and balanced character like Brock.

I also remember watching the Black & White series a few years back to see what the fuss on internet was all about, and dang that wasn't good at all.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/07/18 at 4:55 pm

Advance Challenge (loved the theme song)

Check for new replies or respond here...