inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who was President of the U.S.A. when you were born?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 2:37 pm

Another fun little thread. I want to know who was the President of the U.S. when you were born.

When I was born on July 13, 1999....William J. Clinton (aka Bill Clinton) was President.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/president-bill-clinton-meets-with-lance-armstrong-1999-winner-of-the-picture-id814136
President Bill Clinton with now disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong in the Rose Garden of the White House on August 10, 1999.

Who was President at the time of your birth?

Subject: Re: Who was President of the U.S.A. when you were born?

Written By: #Infinity on 04/26/17 at 3:08 pm

Bush 41 was squaring up against Bill Clinton.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 3:25 pm

Bush 41 was squaring up against Bill Clinton.

I wonder how people born on January 19, 1993 and January 20, 1993 feel? They must be so conflicted and confused ;D

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 04/26/17 at 3:29 pm

I wonder how people born on January 19, 1993 and January 20, 1993 feel? They must be so conflicted and confused ;D

January 20, 1993 is the most confusing, especially if you were born at high noon EST.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 04/26/17 at 3:30 pm

I was born when Bill Clinton was president.  8)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 3:31 pm

January 20, 1993 is the most confusing, especially if you were born at high noon EST.

I know...you'd be majorly confused.

Written By: bchris02 on 04/26/17 at 3:37 pm

Reagan.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/26/17 at 3:40 pm

Clinton, but Bush 41 for conception ;) ;D

I have friends in that position, and I'm not sure if they have felt that way.

He may have been president that year, but he wasn't THE president until next year. Bush Sr.'s influence was still strong at the time!

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/26/17 at 3:41 pm

Ronald Reagan. I was born two weeks after he nominated Robert Bork to the Supreme Court.

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/121219031403-02-bork-1219-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 3:42 pm

Reagan.

What year/date?

Written By: Howard on 04/26/17 at 3:42 pm

Richard Nixon

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 3:43 pm

Clinton, but Bush 41 for conception ;) ;D
I have friends in that position, and I'm not sure if they have felt that way.

He may have been president that year, but he wasn't THE president until next year. Bush Sr.'s influence was still strong at the time!

Yes, but that doesn't change the possibility of confusion.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 3:44 pm

Ronald Reagan. I was born two weeks after he nominated Robert Bork to the Supreme Court.

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/121219031403-02-bork-1219-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Awesome bro 8).

Richard Nixon

My mother was born when John F. Kennedy was still President. She was 11 years old when Nixon resigned in August 1974.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/26/17 at 3:47 pm

Yes, but that doesn't change the possibility of confusion.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh, I know. We can apply this to other presidents as well, but was I just saying that the first year of a commander-in-chief is similar as the last year of the previous.

Written By: Zelek3 on 04/26/17 at 3:52 pm

Slick Willie Blythe

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 3:56 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh, I know. We can apply this to other presidents as well, but was I just saying that the first year of a commander-in-chief is similar as the last year of the previous.

Yes, we know this Mr. September '93 born...;).

Slick Willie Blythe

Ah yes, Bill Clinton's birth name before he adopted his stepfather Roger Clinton Sr's last name.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/26/17 at 4:00 pm

Yes, we know this Mr. September '93 born...;).
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MR. July '99 ;)

Written By: Howard on 04/26/17 at 4:03 pm

Awesome bro 8).
My mother was born when John F. Kennedy was still President. She was 11 years old when Nixon resigned in August 1974.

I was just 6 months old when Nixon resigned.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 4:09 pm

I was just 6 months old when Nixon resigned.

You were born in February 1974 or January 1974?

Written By: 80sfan on 04/26/17 at 4:11 pm

Ronald Reagan! And I don't mind him!  8)  8)  8)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/26/17 at 4:13 pm

I bet that more than 50% of the active members on the boards these days were born in the Clinton administration.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 4:17 pm

I bet that more than 50% of the active members on the boards these days were born in the Clinton administration.

Yeah, my guesstimate is 55% were born under Bill Clinton's administration, 40% were born under the Reagan & Bush 41 era, 5% were born before Reagan was President.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/26/17 at 4:21 pm

Yeah, my guesstimate is 55% were born under Bill Clinton's administration, 40% were born under the Reagan & Bush 41 era, 5% were born before Reagan was President.

I wonder if there are any members that were born in the George W. Bush administration. :o

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 4:24 pm

I wonder if there are any members that were born in the George W. Bush administration. :o

I don't think so. The youngest active member on this site is NewYorkRaven (he was born December 21, 1999).

I have not seen anyone on here born January 20, 2001 or later :o.

Written By: 2001 on 04/26/17 at 4:24 pm

I'm a child of Queen Elizabeth II. So are my parents! So are my little sisters, and hopefully my children too. Long live the Queen!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/26/17 at 4:25 pm

I don't think so. The youngest active member on this site is NewYorkRaven (he was born December 21, 1999).

I have not seen anyone on here born January 20, 2001 or later :o.
That can change within a year or two though. Right now, There's already Bush 43 people on other sites.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 4:27 pm

I'm a child of Queen Elizabeth II. So are my parents! So are my little sisters, and hopefully my children too. Long live the Queen!

What month in 1993 were you born?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 4:29 pm

That can change within a year or two though. Right now, There's already Bush 43 people on other sites.

It has a 99.9% chance of happening in the next 2 years.

Although, I have seen one user on PersonalityCafe.com who was born in 2002 :o.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/26/17 at 4:30 pm

If you were in the US, you would have been a Bill Clinton baby.  :D

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/26/17 at 4:32 pm

It has a 99.9% chance of happening in the next 2 years.

Although, I have seen one user on PersonalityCafe.com who was born in 2002 :o.
wait, actually it already happened. There was a 2003 user on here last year, but was it.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 4:39 pm

wait, actually it already happened. There was a 2003 user on here last year, but was it.

Active users....regularly contributing active users especially. We could have whole bunch of people born in 2002 sign up next month but if none of them are active and regularly contribute to the threads then they don't count.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/26/17 at 4:40 pm

The real question is, I wonder what percentage of active members on this site can actually remember Bill Clinton being President?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/26/17 at 4:42 pm

The real question is, I wonder what percentage of active members on this site can actually remember Bill Clinton being President?
I do especially his 2nd term.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 4:47 pm

Probably 50/50. I obviously don't....:P.

I do especially his 2nd term.

Which years specifically? 1997-Jan. 2001? Or when?

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 04/26/17 at 4:59 pm

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/49/44_Bill_Clinton_3x4.jpg/1200px-44_Bill_Clinton_3x4.jpg

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/26/17 at 5:17 pm

Which years specifically? 1997-Jan. 2001? Or when?
What you said, and 1996 as well. I might not recall his policies, but I definitely remember him being president ;)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 5:23 pm

What you said, and 1996 as well. I might not recall his policies, but I definitely remember him being president ;)

I only first knew of Bush 43 in 2005 (I was 6). I'm surprised you knew of Clinton starting at age 2 or 3.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/26/17 at 5:27 pm

I only first knew of Bush 43 in 2005 (I was 6). I'm surprised you knew of Clinton starting at age 2 or 3.
Whoa! Not that early though, but you have to remember, I watched the news sometimes on the local channels.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 5:33 pm

Whoa! Not that early though, but you have to remember, I watched the news sometimes on the local channels.

But you said 1996 (for most of 1996...you was 2)? I don't understand ???.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 04/26/17 at 5:35 pm

But you said 1996 (for most of 1996...you was 2)? I don't understand ???.
Oh. That was about the year itself. Clinton though, it's still the 2nd term.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 5:39 pm

Oh. That was about the year itself. Clinton though, it's still the 2nd term.

Well no, his second term started on Jan. 20, 1997 ;).

Written By: 2001 on 04/26/17 at 5:44 pm

I vaguely remember him from 1998/1999 but promptly forgot about him, only to learn about him again later during the Bush years.

Hillary Clinton though predates my memory. I knew her before I truly knew Bill.  I thought of Bill as "Hillary Clinton's husband" LOL

Written By: loki 13 on 04/26/17 at 6:53 pm

John F. Kennedy.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 6:54 pm

John F. Kennedy.

Same as my mother (she was born in May 1963). When were you born? :)

Written By: loki 13 on 04/26/17 at 6:56 pm

Same as my mother (she was born in May 1963). When were you born? :)

April 1962.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 7:03 pm

April 1962.

Cool. I wish you a belated happy 55th birthday :).

Written By: loki 13 on 04/26/17 at 7:05 pm

Cool. I wish you a belated happy 55th birthday :).

Thank You!

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/26/17 at 8:13 pm

I was probably about that same age when I first became aware that Bill Clinton was President. When I started kindergarten, George H. W. Bush was actually still in office, but I have zero recollection of him being President at all. I think it was in the second half of my 1st grade year in 1994 before I learned who the President was and what he did.

I vaguely remember him from 1998/1999 but promptly forgot about him, only to learn about him again later during the Bush years.

Hillary Clinton though predates my memory. I knew her before I truly knew Bill.  I thought of Bill as "Hillary Clinton's husband" LOL

Just out of curiosity, how well do you remember Jean Chrétien being Prime Minister of Canada? I think you were about 10 when he left office.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 8:18 pm

I was probably about that same age when I first became aware that Bill Clinton was President. When I started kindergarten, George H. W. Bush was actually still in office, but I have zero recollection of him being President at all. I think it was in the second half of my 1st grade year in 1994 before I learned who the President was and what he did.

Yeah, we had pics of all the Presidents in our class. We occasionally talked about President Bush....I can't believe that was over a decade ago :(.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/26/17 at 8:24 pm

Yeah, we had pics of all the Presidents in our class. We occasionally talked about President Bush....I can't believe that was over a decade ago :(.

Oh yeah, it's really hard to believe. As I said, I was only a few months away form being able to vote for Bush in 2004, so the fact that he's already been out of office for over eight years is stunning. Same with Obama. I actually remember watching Barack Obama's famous speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention when it happened, and the fact that he's gone from being an unknown then to serving two terms as President is hard to believe.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 8:27 pm

Oh yeah, it's really hard to believe. As I said, I was only a few months away form being able to vote for Bush in 2004, so the fact that he's already been out of office for over eight years is stunning. Same with Obama. I actually remember watching Barack Obama's famous speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention when it happened, and the fact that he's gone from being an unknown then to serving two terms as President is hard to believe.

I remember the 2008 election and being in awe of then-Senator Obama as a 9 year old. When he was reelected in 2012....I saw 2017 (him leaving office) as being far away, lol but it came so quick :(. How?

Also, I disagree with a lot of his policies but I kind of miss Bush 43.

Written By: 2001 on 04/26/17 at 8:30 pm

Just out of curiosity, how well do you remember Jean Chrétien being Prime Minister of Canada? I think you were about 10 when he left office.

I must have heard of him in 2000 during the election we had (I remember we had a mock election at school), but I didn't give it much thought. I really got to know him in 2002/2003 when the Iraq War was gearing up. When he said no to going to the war, he became my personal hero.  :-X

I really wish I got to see the Shawinigan Handshake as it happened!

zMBJp0yJvsY

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/26/17 at 8:41 pm

I remember the 2008 election and being in awe of then-Senator Obama as a 9 year old. When he was reelected in 2012....I saw 2017 (him leaving office) as being far away, lol but it came so quick :(. How?

Also, I disagree with a lot of his policies but I kind of miss Bush 43.

I actually find myself missing GWB, too. I mean, he wasn't a good President, and his second term in particular was a disaster, but he does seem preferable to Trump in pretty much every way. I especially miss his laid back demeanor, compared to Trump.

I must have heard of him in 2000 during the election we had (I remember we had a mock election at school), but I didn't give it much thought. I really got to know him in 2002/2003 when the Iraq War was gearing up. When he said no to going to the war, he became my personal hero.  :-X

I really wish I got to see the Shawinigan Handshake as it happened!

zMBJp0yJvsY

That's when I became aware of him too, during the early '00s. When he refused to back the Iraq War, Chrétien became an extremely hated figure down here in Bush Country. Of course, he ultimately turned out to be right.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 8:49 pm

I actually find myself missing GWB, too. I mean, he wasn't a good President, and his second term in particular was a disaster, but he does seem preferable to Trump in pretty much every way. I especially miss his laid back demeanor, compared to Trump.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/26/17 at 9:06 pm

I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm actually starting to have a lot of nostalgia for the Bush years, to be honest. I remember, after I turned against Bush in 2005, I used to watch the Daily Show and Countdown with Keith Olbermann every day to stroke my growing anti-Bush hatred. Just watching these videos on YouTube takes me back to those days. We just didn't know how good we had it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW1gKwqKjXc

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 9:12 pm

I'm actually starting to have a lot of nostalgia for the Bush years, to be honest. I remember, after I turned against Bush in 2005, I used to watch the Daily Show and Countdown with Keith Olbermann every day to stroke my growing anti-Bush hatred. Just watching these videos on YouTube takes me back to those days. We just didn't know how good we had it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW1gKwqKjXc

I agree so much. I never thought that I would be nostalgic for President Bush...Trump really makes a difference.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/26/17 at 9:16 pm

I was born in a election year. Bill Clinton was seeking a second term and was squaring up against Bob Dole

I have to agree. Although his second term was a disaster, his first term (minus 9/11 & the Invasion of Iraq) wasn't all that bad actually. The economy was in a recession, but it was a GOD SEND to the economy today. Television, cartoons, music, video games, and especially movies (LOTR Trilogy anybody!) were great, and this was probably the last era in history before technology truly began to consume us. We were in the Web 1.0 era of technology and looking back through old family videos and commercials on YouTube it definitely shows! I recently saw this old YouTube recording from 2002 and I think from a cultural perspective this best represents the 43' Era of the Early 2000's

PNgB9oTfxFA

It really begs the question, how do you think GWB, and/or the era of the early 2000's, would be viewed now if Bush followed the same path of his father? I think #infinity mentioned once how the Late 80's/TMNT Bush 41' Era had many similarities to the Early 00's/Pokemon Bush 43' Era.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/26/17 at 9:37 pm

I have to agree. Although his second term was a disaster, his first term (minus 9/11 & the Invasion of Iraq) wasn't all that bad actually. The economy was in a recession, but it was a GOD SEND to the economy today. Television, cartoons, music, video games, and especially movies (LOTR Trilogy anybody!) were great, and this was probably the last era in history before technology truly began to consume us. We were in the Web 1.0 era of technology and looking back through old family videos and commercials on YouTube it definitely shows! I recently saw this old YouTube recording from 2002 and I think from a cultural perspective this best represents the 43' Era of the Early 2000's

PNgB9oTfxFA

It really begs the question, how do you think GWB, and/or the era of the early 2000's, would be viewed now if Bush followed the same path of his father? I think #infinity mentioned once how the Late 80's/TMNT Bush 41' Era had many similarities to the Early 00's/Pokemon Bush 43' Era.

Good video. I actually remember seeing a bunch of those commercials, so it's hard to believe they're 15 years old. I've been feeling a lot more early '00s nostalgia lately, too. I was in high school back then, so up until recently the early '00s still felt super recent to me, but with the technological advancements of the last several years, combined with Trump being elected President, those years have started to feel very dated and nostalgic to me.

I actually think that GWB probably would've followed pretty much exactly the same path as his father if 9/11 hadn't happened. That really changed everything. Without 9/11, GWB probably would've been a fairly run-of-the-mill Republican President, focusing mostly on issues like tax reform and social conservatism. Ironically, without 9/11 GWB's approval ratings probably would've been hurt much more by the early 2000's recession, and there's actually a fairly decent chance that he may have lost re-election just like his father did.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/26/17 at 9:40 pm

Ronald Reagan

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/26/17 at 9:41 pm

I was born during Eisenhower.  :)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 9:48 pm

Wow :o...that's awesome. Which year?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 04/26/17 at 9:59 pm

Bill Clinton (I think).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 10:01 pm

Bill Clinton (I think).

You're correct. Bill Clinton was President from January 20, 1993 until January 20, 2001. You were born in March 1999....so you're good :).

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 04/26/17 at 10:06 pm

Good video. I actually remember seeing a bunch of those commercials, so it's hard to believe they're 15 years old. I've been feeling a lot more early '00s nostalgia lately, too. I was in high school back then, so up until recently the early '00s still felt super recent to me, but with the technological advancements of the last several years, combined with Trump being elected President, those years have started to feel very dated and nostalgic to me.

I actually think that GWB probably would've followed pretty much exactly the same path as his father if 9/11 hadn't happened. That really changed everything. Without 9/11, GWB probably would've been a fairly run-of-the-mill Republican President, focusing mostly on issues like tax reform and social conservatism. Ironically, without 9/11 GWB's approval ratings probably would've been hurt much more by the early 2000's recession, and there's actually a fairly decent chance that he may have lost re-election just like his father did.

Thanks and yeah same here! It brings back so much nostalgia, although I was a young kid at the time so its always seemed to be far out in a sense. The technological advances within the last 15 years have been staggering. Back then cell phones were just starting to become common and they were mostly just simple 'brick' or flip phones with antennas. Smartphones were still a few years from becoming massively viable to the general public, along with dial up internet still being common, television still primarily being SD & CRTs still being the standard, among other things. Since you have more of a vivid recollection of that time, do you remember people your age and most importantly adults thinking that 'technology is taking over us' back then? It seems like that phrase from what I've been told has been around for a while, but I'm wondering if it was apparent back then if there was a sense of dependency for technology.

I also have to agree, 9/11 definitely made an impact on his presidency. Another thing to wonder is if 9/11 never happended who do you think the Democratic nominee would've been in 04'? I'm banking that in this alternative universe that Howard Dean would've been the likely choice as John Kerry in our timeline was only picked because he was seen as 'I'm Hawkish TOO!!!'.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/26/17 at 10:36 pm

Wow :o...that's awesome. Which year?

I was born in early 1960 - an election year. 

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/17 at 10:39 pm

I was born in early 1960 - an election year.

Nice 👍.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/27/17 at 3:30 am

This guy.

http://static.messynessychic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/us-president-richard-nixon-bowling-everett.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/90/fa/f4/90faf4ca0ad88dee36321ac552248e87.jpg

Written By: Howard on 04/27/17 at 5:23 am

You were born in February 1974 or January 1974?

March 1974.

Written By: Howard on 04/27/17 at 5:24 am

I can.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/27/17 at 7:04 am

March 1974.

Nixon resigned on August 9, 1974.....so you would have been 4 or 5 months at that time not 6.

I can.

Of you can....he was President when you was 18-26 years old.

Written By: TheKid99 on 04/27/17 at 8:05 am

On October13th, 1999 at 2:00 pm EDT

William Jefferson Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States, was president.

Gas was hovering around $1.00

Heartbreaker by Mariah Carey was #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, to be replaced next week by Santana's legendary Smooth, making her hit the last "true" 90s #1 (as smooth was #1 into January 2000)

The 6 billionth person in the world was born the day before I was.

The Nasdaq was hovering around 2800 points and would make a HUGE gain of almost 2300 points all the way up to 5047 points in March 2000.

The Dow would be realitively stable until after 9/11.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/27/17 at 8:31 am

Thanks and yeah same here! It brings back so much nostalgia, although I was a young kid at the time so its always seemed to be far out in a sense. The technological advances within the last 15 years have been staggering. Back then cell phones were just starting to become common and they were mostly just simple 'brick' or flip phones with antennas. Smartphones were still a few years from becoming massively viable to the general public, along with dial up internet still being common, television still primarily being SD & CRTs still being the standard, among other things. Since you have more of a vivid recollection of that time, do you remember people your age and most importantly adults thinking that 'technology is taking over us' back then? It seems like that phrase from what I've been told has been around for a while, but I'm wondering if it was apparent back then if there was a sense of dependency for technology.

I also have to agree, 9/11 definitely made an impact on his presidency. Another thing to wonder is if 9/11 never happended who do you think the Democratic nominee would've been in 04'? I'm banking that in this alternative universe that Howard Dean would've been the likely choice as John Kerry in our timeline was only picked because he was seen as 'I'm Hawkish TOO!!!'.

I'm sure there were older people like my grandparents that grew up even before TV that probably thought technology was "taking over our lives" in the early '00s, but I don't think most people felt that way. I know I didn't. As I've said before, technology did not really play a large role in my life when I was in high school. We still had dial-up internet, so when I did go online, it was usually only for about an hour or so a day, and even then it was mostly to look up stuff for school, or chat on forums or something. I didn't get my first cell phone until 2005, so I didn't even own one at any point during the early '00s, and neither did most teens I knew at the time. It really wasn't until I was in college during the second half of the '00s (and particularly after 2006) that technology really started to dominate the lives of everybody I knew the way it does now.

Actually, as weird as it sounds, I think the Democratic nominee in 2004 if 9/11 hadn't happened might have been Al Gore! You see, most people expected Gore to challenge Bush again in 2004 since he won the popular vote in 2000 and got screwed in Florida, and most signs in early/mid 2001 were pointing towards him possibly running. After 9/11, and Bush's popularity subsequently spiking around 90%, Gore decided not to run because he thought he couldn't beat Bush, and ultimately announced he wouldn't enter the race in late 2002. The idea of a world where 9/11 doesn't happen and a Bush v. Gore rematch happens in 2004 is VERY interesting! :o

Written By: 2001 on 04/27/17 at 8:34 am

When I was born, Canada was in the midst of economic depression!  Thankfully I saved it and things started to look up.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/27/17 at 11:49 am

Actually, as weird as it sounds, I think the Democratic nominee in 2004 if 9/11 hadn't happened might have been Al Gore! You see, most people expected Gore to challenge Bush again in 2004 since he won the popular vote in 2000 and got screwed in Florida, and most signs in early/mid 2001 were pointing towards him possibly running. After 9/11, and Bush's popularity subsequently spiking around 90%, Gore decided not to run because he thought he couldn't beat Bush, and ultimately announced he wouldn't enter the race in late 2002. The idea of a world where 9/11 doesn't happen and a Bush v. Gore rematch happens in 2004 is VERY interesting! :o

That would have super interesting and 9/11 had to mess it up >:(.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/27/17 at 11:56 am

On October13th, 1999 at 2:00 pm EDT

William Jefferson Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States, was president.

Gas was hovering around $1.00

Heartbreaker by Mariah Carey was #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, to be replaced next week by Santana's legendary Smooth, making her hit the last "true" 90s #1 (as smooth was #1 into January 2000)

The 6 billionth person in the world was born the day before I was.

The Nasdaq was hovering around 2800 points and would make a HUGE gain of almost 2300 points all the way up to 5047 points in March 2000.

The Dow would be realitively stable until after 9/11.

I forgot that when I was born the world still didn't have 6 billion people on it (Now, it's 7.5 billion :o).

There's a bit of confusion for me as which song was #1 on the charts when I was born....it was either "If You Had My Love" by Jennifer Lopez or "Bills, Bills, Bills" by Destiny's Child...:P.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/27/17 at 9:37 pm

But Bill Clinton was the first one I remembered clearly. And definitely George W. Bush was very clear!  8)

Written By: nally on 04/27/17 at 10:36 pm

Jimmy Carter.

However, he left office half a year later!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/27/17 at 10:52 pm

Jimmy Carter.

However, he left office half a year later!

Cool, so you were born in May 1980?

Written By: nally on 04/28/17 at 12:30 am

Cool, so you were born in May 1980?

No. July 1980.

The Presidency changed hands in January 1981. (Yes, Reagan was elected in November 1980, but he took office on Inauguration Day (mid January) 1981.)

Written By: aja675 on 04/28/17 at 1:13 am

I've known who the Presidents of America and the Philippines were ever since I was 3 or 4.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/28/17 at 1:21 am

Put it to the poll?

Btw, I remember him.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/28/17 at 1:24 am

For me, I have to look it up, Dwight Eisenhower, with Richard Nixon as Vice President.

I remember Tricky Dicky too!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/28/17 at 6:45 am

No. July 1980.

The Presidency changed hands in January 1981. (Yes, Reagan was elected in November 1980, but he took office on Inauguration Day (mid January) 1981.)

Oh yeah, mach!ne_he@d told me a few weeks ago that we are all mid July babies 8) (you were born on July 11, 1980. mach!ne_he@d was born July 12, 1987. I was born July 13, 1999). Sorry about that....you're still awesome though 8).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/28/17 at 6:46 am

For me, I have to look it up, Dwight Eisenhower, with Richard Nixon as Vice President.

I remember Tricky Dicky too!

How old are you/when were you born?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/28/17 at 7:05 am

How old are you/when were you born?
Let's say, I am old to hear my ever creaking bones when I move.

Written By: nally on 04/28/17 at 11:39 am

I, for one, most certainly can. He was president during all of my teenage years.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/28/17 at 1:30 pm

I, for one, most certainly can. He was president during all of my teenage years.

I can as well. His administration started when I was in kindergarten, so he was the first President I was really aware of. In particular I can remember his second term (1997-2001) like yesterday.

The thing is, a large number of active members on this board today were born in the mid-to-late '90s, and probably only have very vague memories of the Clinton administration, if at all. I would say it's probably close to about 50/50 between those who can remember Bill being President, and those who can't.

Written By: Alexander1956 on 04/28/17 at 2:30 pm

Eisenhower. I was born August 31, 1956.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/28/17 at 4:18 pm

Eisenhower. I was born August 31, 1956.

Awesome. You're one of the oldest if not the oldest active person on here 8).

Written By: Ripley on 04/28/17 at 4:34 pm

Reagan

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/28/17 at 4:37 pm

Reagan

What year were you born? (just asking :))

Written By: Emman on 04/28/17 at 4:46 pm

Another Reagan baby.

Written By: Ripley on 04/28/17 at 4:48 pm

What year were you born? (just asking :))

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/28/17 at 4:52 pm

Another Reagan baby.

Awesome 8). I'm a Clinton baby.....Bill Clinton ;D.

Written By: Ripley on 04/28/17 at 4:56 pm

Awesome 8). I'm a Clinton baby.....Bill Clinton ;D.

You were born in 99 I'm guessing  :D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/28/17 at 4:58 pm

You were born in 99 I'm guessing  :D

Yes :D.

Written By: Ripley on 04/28/17 at 5:07 pm

Damn I'm old lol

Written By: 80sfan on 04/28/17 at 5:09 pm

Yes :D.

Why were you born in 1999?  ???  ???

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/28/17 at 5:12 pm

Damn I'm old lol

My sister is actually older than you, lol.

Why were you born in 1999?  ???  ???

Why were you born in 1988? ??? ???

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/28/17 at 5:34 pm

Hmm - haven't noticed anyone born during Lyndon B Johnson yet.  Nor Gerald Ford.  (Apologies if I missed it.)

Incidentally I remember both of those Presidents!  :)  Although for LBJ I remember very little  :-[

Written By: Howard on 04/28/17 at 5:50 pm

Damn I'm old lol

older than you.  :P

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/28/17 at 6:15 pm

Hmm - haven't noticed anyone born during Lyndon B Johnson yet.  Nor Gerald Ford.  (Apologies if I missed it.)

Incidentally I remember both of those Presidents!  :)  Although for LBJ I remember very little  :-[

No, you're correct. No one yet that has replied was born during LBJ or Ford's presidencies yet.

Written By: Alexander1956 on 04/28/17 at 6:20 pm

Yep, watch out... our numbers are growing and we're planning a world takeover  ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/28/17 at 6:31 pm

Yep, watch out... our numbers are growing and we're planning a world takeover  ;D

Yes, I knew it all along ;D.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/28/17 at 6:53 pm

That has always been the case.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/29/17 at 9:42 am

At one point there was a poster here that was born when Harry Truman was President. :o

I can't remember his username at the moment, though. He might still be active.

Written By: 2001 on 04/29/17 at 9:47 am

At one point there was a poster here that was born when Harry Truman was President. :o

There is a semi-active user who (I think) was born during Truman, but I'm not the type to name names.  :-X

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/29/17 at 10:57 am

There is a semi-active user who (I think) was born during Truman, but I'm not the type to name names.  :-X

If there is an active or semi-active member on here that was born under Truman's presidency....that would be both cool and crazy at the same time :o.

I didn't even expect there to be people older than 45-50 on this site ;D.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/29/17 at 11:21 am

If there is an active or semi-active member on here that was born under Truman's presidency....that would be both cool and crazy at the same time :o.

I didn't even expect there to be people older than 45-50 on this site ;D.

There actually used to be quite a few people that age on here. When I first joined this forum in 2006, I was actually just about the youngest person on here except for a small handful of 1990 born folk. Most users back then were born in the 1960's and 1970's, with some born in the 1950's and even 1940's. :o This site has skewed quite a bit younger over the last five years, with now most users being born in the '90s. '80s borns are now the "older" members of the site, with posters born in the '70s and later being much rarer.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/29/17 at 11:27 am

There actually used to be quite a few people that age on here. When I first joined this forum in 2006, I was actually just about the youngest person on here except for a small handful of 1990 born folk. Most users back then were born in the 1960's and 1970's, with some born in the 1950's and even 1940's. :o This site has skewed quite a bit younger over the last five years, with now most users being born in the '90s. '80s borns are now the "older" members of the site, with posters born in the '70s and later being much rarer.

I think that's actually normal for 2017. In 2017, most users on this site should be born in the 1990s (1990-1999). I didn't expect there to be active members today on this site to have been before 1966/1967 at all, lol. However, I'm pleasantly surprised and it's great to have people born under Eisenhower and JFK's presidencies....awesome 8).

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/29/17 at 11:33 am

I think that's actually normal for 2017. In 2017, most users on this site should be born in the 1990s (1990-1999). I didn't expect there to be active members today on this site to have been before 1966/1967 at all, lol. However, I'm pleasantly surprised and it's great to have people born under Eisenhower and JFK's presidencies....awesome 8).

That's probably true. I think this forum skewed older back in the 2000's because it was meant to be an '80s nostalgia board. The reason most members were born in '60s and '70s is because that would be the prime audience for '80s nostalgia. The 1980's board was THE dominant board back in the mid '00s, with just me and a small group of other '80s and early '90s born kids being the only ones really talking about '90s nostalgia in 2006-07.

Written By: nally on 04/29/17 at 11:35 am

I think I know who it is, but it might not be a male.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/29/17 at 11:36 am

That's probably true. I think this forum skewed older back in the 2000's because it was meant to be an '80s nostalgia board. The reason most members were born in '60s and '70s is because that would be the prime audience for '80s nostalgia. The 1980's board was THE dominant board back in the mid '00s, with just me and a small group of other '80s and early '90s born kids being the only ones really talking about '90s nostalgia in 2006-07.

Yep, pretty much.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/29/17 at 11:41 am

Maybe it's hot_wax? He's always been a really nice guy.

Written By: 2001 on 04/29/17 at 1:17 pm

Maybe it's hot_wax? He's always been a really nice guy.

Oh! I didn't know his age. So I guess there are two ;D

I was talking about Don Carlos, he said he was doing his masters in the early '70s. He has a lot of interesting life stories.  8)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/29/17 at 7:21 pm

For our British, Canadian and Australian users, when I was born...these people were PMs:

1. Tony Blair was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (he was the UK's PM from 1997-2007). Fun fact, current UK Prime Minister Theresa May became PM on my 17th brithday (July 13, 2016 or 13 July 2016...as you Brits write it).

2. Jean Chrétien was Prime Minister of Canada (he was Canada's PM from 1993-2003).

3. John Howard was Prime Minister of Australia (he was Australia's PM from 1996-2007).

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/29/17 at 8:16 pm

For our British, Canadian and Australian users, when I was born...these people were PMs:

1. Tony Blair was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (he was the UK's PM from 1997-2007). Fun fact, current UK Prime Minister Theresa May became PM on my 17th brithday (July 13, 2016 or 13 July 2016...as you Brits write it).

2. Jean Chrétien was Prime Minister of Canada (he was Canada's PM from 1993-2003).

3. John Howard was Prime Minister of Australia (he was Australia's PM from 1996-2007).

Interesting idea.

The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom when I was born was Margaret Thatcher (served from 1979-1990).
The Prime Minister of Canada was Brian Mulroney (served from 1984-1993).
The Prime Minister of Australia was Bob Hawke (served from 1983-1991).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/29/17 at 8:34 pm

Interesting idea.

The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom when I was born was Margaret Thatcher (served from 1979-1990).
The Prime Minister of Canada was Brian Mulroney (served from 1984-1993).
The Prime Minister of Australia was Bob Hawke (served from 1983-1991).

Nice. Margaret and Brian were close friends with St. Ronnie (Ronald Reagan). I don't know anything about Bob Hawke (sorry to our Australian users :P).

Written By: 2001 on 04/29/17 at 9:01 pm

I'm also a Mulroney baby!

In the United Kingdom, the Prime Minister was John Major (1990-1997).

In Australia, the Prime Minister was Paul Keating (1991-1996).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/29/17 at 9:22 pm

I'm also a Mulroney baby!

In the United Kingdom, the Prime Minister was John Major (1990-1997).

In Australia, the Prime Minister was Paul Keating (1991-1996).

You're barely a Mulroney baby ;D.

Written By: 2001 on 04/29/17 at 10:42 pm

You're barely a Mulroney baby ;D.

Well, I'm also barely a Clinton baby, but in the other direction ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/29/17 at 10:52 pm

Well, I'm also barely a Clinton baby, but in the other direction ;D

True.

Written By: DesiredUsernameWasTaken on 07/10/17 at 12:06 am

USA: Bill Clinton
UK: Tony Blair
Australia: John Howard
Italy: Oscar Scalfaro
Brazil: Fernando Cardoso
France: Jacques Chirac
Russia: Boris Yeltsin
China: Jiang Zemin
New Zealand: Jenny Shipley
Japan: Ryutaro Hashimoto

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/23/18 at 10:18 pm

George W. Bush

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 02/23/18 at 10:44 pm

Bush Jr.

Written By: 2001 on 02/23/18 at 10:45 pm

She'll live forever. Vivat Regina! :D

Written By: Longaotian00 on 02/24/18 at 4:03 am

George W. Bush

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 02/24/18 at 4:26 am

George W. Bush

I believe yours' would've been Bill Clinton, Election Day was in November 2000 and he was inaugurated January 2001.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 02/24/18 at 4:28 am

I believe yours' would've been Bill Clinton, Election Day was in November 2000 and he was inaugurated January 2001.

Oh ok, forgot it was 2001 :P.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 02/24/18 at 4:33 am

Oh ok, forgot it was 2001 :P.

Lol, it's all good, man! :) ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/24/18 at 3:18 pm

President Richard Nixon

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/24/18 at 7:43 pm

Once again, I will be dating myself but it was John F. Kennedy.

Cat

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/24/18 at 7:51 pm

Once again, I will be dating myself but it was John F. Kennedy.

Cat

You're near the age of my mother as she was also born when JFK was President.

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 9:21 pm

George W. Bush.
I was born when the election of 2004 was happening.

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 9:31 pm

Awesome bro 8).

My mom was born when Jimmy Carter was president and my Grandmother was born when Harry S. Truman was president.

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 9:32 pm

I am! I was also born when the US Presidential Election was happening.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/24/18 at 9:34 pm

My mom was born when Jimmy Carter was president and my Grandmother was born when Dwight Eisenhower was president.

My maternal grandmother was born when FDR was President.

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 9:40 pm

My maternal grandmother was born when FDR was President.

Rip i meant Harry S Truman not Dwight.

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 9:44 pm

I was born in a election year. Bill Clinton was seeking a second term and was squaring up against Bob Dole

PNgB9oTfxFA

I was also born in a election year when John Kerry was running against George Bush, too bad Howard Dean lost due to his scream  ;D.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/26/18 at 6:07 pm

Harry S Truman.  I was born on June 5, 1946.  And boy, do I remember Harry the buck stops here Truman -- NOT

But I do remember Eisenhower

Written By: 2001 on 02/26/18 at 6:13 pm

Harry S Truman.  I was born on June 5, 1946.  And boy, do I remember Harry the buck stops here Truman -- NOT

What are some things you remember about Eisenhower?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/26/18 at 6:29 pm

Yeah, what are some things you remember from the '50s?

Written By: Dundee on 02/27/18 at 10:49 am

Bill Clinton's second term

Written By: whistledog on 02/28/18 at 8:30 pm

Jimmy Carter, but since I am not American ...

Pierre Trudeau was Prime Minister of Canada when I was born. 

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/28/18 at 10:08 pm

Jimmy Carter, but since I am not American ...

Pierre Trudeau was Prime Minister of Canada when I was born.

Ah, so you were born between 1977-1981 :P.

Written By: 2001 on 02/28/18 at 10:13 pm

But not in that short period in 1979 when Joe Clark was Prime Minister for a few months ;D

Written By: nally on 02/28/18 at 10:19 pm

so was I.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/28/18 at 11:30 pm

But not in that short period in 1979 when Joe Clark was Prime Minister for a few months ;D

Yep :P.

so was I.

Yes, you were (July 1980 to be exact).

Written By: nally on 02/28/18 at 11:57 pm

Yep :P.
Yes, you were (July 1980 to be exact).

That's right! Which means I was half a year old when Carter left office, hence I have no memories of him as president (as I mentioned earlier in this thread).

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/02/18 at 10:47 am

Not much.  I remember lots of people with "I like Ike" buttons, and that he reminded me of my grandfather.  Remember, I was just a kid.  Playing baseball and riding my bike were much more important

Check for new replies or respond here...