inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What Are Things That Make You Feel Old?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/10/17 at 3:16 pm

Though I'm still considered by most people to be a young adult, there are some things that do honestly make me feel kind of old. Unfortunately, I've been thinking about this a lot lately as the big 30 approaches, so I compiled a little list here of some of the things that make me feel old.

*The fact that my childhood is as old now as the '70s were back then.
*The fact that shows I grew up watching like The Wonder Years and Full House are now considered retro TV just like '60s shows were when I was a kid.
*The fact that my freshman year of high school was more than 15 years ago.
*The fact that the NES will turn 35 next year.
*The fact that many popular items from my childhood, like Pogs and the SNES, are considered relics.
*The fact that I can remember a time where my family did not have a cell phone, a computer, or even cable, and that this was not out of the ordinary.
*The fact that I can remember a time when a handheld gaming system with color graphics was a big deal.
*The fact that the main way we watched video growing up, VHS, is seen the same as 8-tracks by today's standards.
*The fact that people born around 1998 and 1999 are now adults.
*The fact that somebody born during the late '00s actually posted online somewhere.

Subject: Re: What Are Things That Make You Feel Old?

Written By: DesiredUsernameWasTaken on 07/10/17 at 4:12 pm

Reading this thread.

Written By: Howard on 07/10/17 at 4:16 pm

knowing it's been 25 years since I graduated High School.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/10/17 at 4:20 pm

Hey, you didn't tell me that :P.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/10/17 at 5:05 pm

Hey, you didn't tell me that :P.

Sorry, but can you blame me? Think of how you'll feel when a kid born around 2010 or 2011 turns 18.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 07/10/17 at 5:12 pm

Here's the things that kinda made me feel (slightly) old from m@chinehead's original post:

*The fact that somebody born during the late '00s actually posted online somewhere.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/10/17 at 5:18 pm

Things that make me feel old:

1. Currently, the half way point of my life was almost a decade ago (2008).
2. When I was born there was less than 6 billion people on Earth...now there is 7.5 billion people on Earth. The 6 billionth person on Earth was born on October 12, 1999 in Sarajevo (capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina).
3. When I was born 30 years in the past was 1969 and now...30 years in the past is the year 1987.
4. When I was born 45 years in the past was 1954 and now....45 years in the past is the year 1972.
5. I was born closer to the fall of the Berlin Wall than the start of the 2010s.
6. I can remember a time when smartphones weren't even a thing.
7. I remember a time when the PS2 and the original Xbox were considered "high tech".
8. I was born 2 years before the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks happened.
9. When I was born TWA (Trans World Airlines) was still operating flights and in business.
10. There have 9 Olympic Games in my lifetime (5 Summer Olympics & 4 Winter Olympics).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/10/17 at 5:22 pm

Sorry, but can you blame me? Think of how you'll feel when a kid born around 2010 or 2011 turns 18.

Nope, I can't...I was just jabbing ya :P. Anyways, those people will turn 18 in 2028 and 2029 so I'll be 28-30 when that happens and I probably won't even think about it....I hope :-\\.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/10/17 at 5:35 pm

2. When I was born there was less than 6 billion people on Earth...now there is 7.5 billion people on Earth. The 6 billionth person on Earth was born on October 12, 1999 in Sarajevo (capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina).
3. When I was born 30 years in the past was 1969 and now...30 years in the past is the year 1987.
4. When I was born 45 years in the past was 1954 and now....45 years in the past is the year 1972.
5. I was born closer to the fall of the Berlin Wall than the start of the 2010s.
7. I remember a time when the PS2 and the original Xbox were considered "high tech".
9. When I was born TWA (Trans World Airlines) was still operating flights and in business.
10. There have 9 Olympic Games in my lifetime (5 Summer Olympics & 4 Winter Olympics).

Yeah, I could see all of that making you feel old. Honestly, I think I was about 18 myself when I first started to look back on my childhood years as being a good while ago. Probably the first time I'd ever felt old during my entire life was when I found some old tapes I'd recorded as a kid during the mid '90s, which was sometime around early 2005. To people older than me, the fact that I was still a high schooler and feeling nostalgia for the past probably would've seemed silly, but I don't think it's as uncommon at that age as some may think.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/10/17 at 5:38 pm

Yeah, I could see all of that making you feel old. Honestly, I think I was about 18 myself when I first started to look back on my childhood years as being a good while ago. Probably the first time I'd ever felt old during my entire life was when I found some old tapes I'd recorded as a kid during the mid '90s, which was sometime around early 2005. To people older than me, the fact that I was still a high schooler and feeling nostalgia for the past probably would've seemed silly, but I don't think it's as uncommon at that age as some may think.

Yeah, I know. I've actually had nostalgia for my childhood since I was 13 :P.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/10/17 at 5:53 pm

-That 2000 is nearly 20 years old.
-The 6th generation of gaming will be 20 years old in 2 years!
-The fact that I can remember a time when the millennium was a big deal and was considered the future.
-The fact that I can remember a time when the internet was less common despite people being aware of it.
-The fact that I can remember a time before the millennium.
-Obama's historic moment was about a decade ago.
-The fact that I can remember a time when home consoles had cartridges.
-The fact that I can remember a time when Windows was only either 95' or '98.
-When I was born, Jacqueline Kennedy, Nixon and Kurt Cobain were still alive!
-When I was born, there was no Sony Playstation!
-The fact that I can remember a time when VHS, cassettes, and film cameras were simultaneously still common.
-The fact that I can remember a time when Sega made consoles, and Microsoft was only known for Windows.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/10/17 at 6:02 pm

Other facts that make me feel old, when I was born:

1. Ronald Reagan was still alive.
2. Gerald Ford was still alive.
3. Strom Thurmond (R-SC) was still alive and still a United States Senator.
4. Jesse Helms (R-NC) was still alive and still a United States Senator.
5. John F. Kennedy Jr. was still alive.
6. Wilt Chamberlain and Walter Payton were still alive.

Written By: #Infinity on 07/10/17 at 6:43 pm

* Somebody stated, on Reddit's Closer in Time page, that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull's closer proximity to Jim Carrey's The Grinch than to today was evidence for it being surprisingly old. I never even saw that movie as seeming that retro because it came out in the year 2000, well after my sense of memory had developed, and the theater I saw it at was brand new at the time, anchoring it into modern times.
* I was born closer to 1967 than to today.
* There are presumably lots of kids today who play Pokemon Sun and Moon, yet their parents played Pokemon Red and Blue as children.
* Shrek is older today than The Black Cauldron was at the time of its release.
* Sam Raimi's Spider-Man is now two Spidey generations old.
* Little kids being heavily exposed to YouTube.
* Most television shows I grew up with are in standard definition and have 4:3 aspect ratios, making them fairly indistinguishable from stuff made in the 70s and 80s, which I once considered forever ago.
* Realizing how fat and plasticky most technology still looked in the early 2000s.
* The 90s began closer to 1962, when rustic stuff like "Limbo Rock," black & white television shows, old school Americana values, and rockabilly music were still current things, than to today.

Written By: Sir Rothchild on 07/10/17 at 7:45 pm

Yeah, I know. I've actually had nostalgia for my childhood since I was 13 :P.

Same. Although I started to get more nostalgic for my childhood as I turned 14.

Written By: wixness on 07/11/17 at 5:21 am

* Somebody stated, on Reddit's Closer in Time page, that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull's closer proximity to Jim Carrey's The Grinch than to today was evidence for it being surprisingly old. I never even saw that movie as seeming that retro because it came out in the year 2000, well after my sense of memory had developed, and the theater I saw it at was brand new at the time, anchoring it into modern times.
* I was born closer to 1967 than to today.
* There are presumably lots of kids today who play Pokemon Sun and Moon, yet their parents played Pokemon Red and Blue as children.
* Shrek is older today than The Black Cauldron was at the time of its release.
* Sam Raimi's Spider-Man is now two Spidey generations old.
* Little kids being heavily exposed to YouTube.
* Most television shows I grew up with are in standard definition and have 4:3 aspect ratios, making them fairly indistinguishable from stuff made in the 70s and 80s, which I once considered forever ago.
* Realizing how fat and plasticky most technology still looked in the early 2000s.
* The 90s began closer to 1962, when rustic stuff like "Limbo Rock," black & white television shows, old school Americana values, and rockabilly music were still current things, than to today.

No wonder you look old enough to be my mother :p (you're still pretty though  :( )

As for me:
I still need DVDs because some games, films and music I like and TV shows are no longer or not distributed digitally, except illegally. I found out at a university lecture that CDs first came out in the late 1980s which makes me look really old (granted, people mostly used tape back then).

I still use my computer and I still use emoticons over emojis in some cases, because I type way faster on a computer (web forums typically have their own smileys, and on an instant messaging app they have emoji support, but you either have to point and click for the right one or learn the names of it). I also prefer computers overall to phones in terms of technology because computers can run the sort of games and applications I want it to and they don't become obsolete as quickly. People normally get phones for social networking and maybe extremely casual photo editing and gaming. Probably the only time I see people use computers is out of necessity, to write essays, for this instant messaging app when no one wants to use voice and in my parents' case, to fill out forms or to watch something together that their phones would be too small and unsynchronised for.

I have some ways of thinking and speaking that make me stick out as a 2000s kid, i.e. thinking about cliques, which have pretty much vanished in the 2010s somewhat.

I still own my Xbox 360 and PS3, and have, although rarely, been playing games on them in the recent past, plainly because the newer consoles don't support the games that I want it to run.

Compared to my sister, I had no idea what transgender was when I was her age. She knew it when she was 9 while I found it out when I was in my preteens or in my teens.

I, at a few times in my life, had to live with the suckish channels that the UK offered me as a kid since my parents couldn't afford to pay up for a TV package with stuff like Cartoon Network on it; now, I've mostly outgrown cartoons, or I prefer to spend my spare time doing other things, namely playing games.

Written By: Howard on 07/11/17 at 7:07 am

I can remember when The NES was the most popular console.

Written By: #Infinity on 07/11/17 at 9:57 am

No wonder you look old enough to be my mother :p (you're still pretty though  :( )

:-[

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/11/17 at 10:05 am

:-[

Wait....are you gonna tell him? :-X

Written By: #Infinity on 07/11/17 at 10:08 am

Wait....are you gonna tell him? :-X

I think my emoticon says enough. I don't like being called old-looking when I'm only going on 25 and still desperate for love.

Written By: wixness on 07/11/17 at 10:11 am

I think my emoticon says enough. I don't like being called old-looking when I'm only going on 25 and still desperate for love.

Sorry about that. At the very least, you don't look my age (19).

Written By: #Infinity on 07/11/17 at 10:15 am

Sorry about that. At the very least, you don't look my age (19).

Well, in all fairness, my avatar is just about old enough to be your mother.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/11/17 at 10:38 am

To be honest, accepting late '90s borns turning 18 isn't all that hard for me because I was just a kid myself when they were born. But 2008ers posting online? That's a whole different ballgame. Honestly, it's gonna be so strange trying to have a conversation with a kid that's young enough to be your child.

Not to mention the fact of how would somebody born during the late '00s view the era when I grew up, a time with no smartphones, no social media, and where items like computers were still mostly for those that had the money to afford them? Actually, it would be quite fascinating to see how a 2008er views the '90s.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/11/17 at 11:13 am

To be honest, accepting late '90s borns turning 18 isn't all that hard for me because I was just a kid myself when they were born. But 2008ers posting online? That's a whole different ballgame. Honestly, it's gonna be so strange trying to have a conversation with a kid that's young enough to be your child.

Not to mention the fact of how would somebody born during the late '00s view the era when I grew up, a time with no smartphones, no social media, and where items like computers were still mostly for those that had the money to afford them? Actually, it would be quite fascinating to see how a 2008er views the '90s.

Well, then watch these 2 videos:

kesMOzzNBiQ

QKYPGLrIgVA

WARNING: You are going to age 20 years while watching these videos :P.

Written By: 2001 on 07/11/17 at 11:43 am

It's usually people treating the late 2000s like it was a long time ago that makes me feel a bit out of style, especially since those were my teen years.

*People who see Wii/Xbox 360/PS3 as their childhood consoles. Especially Xbox 360, since I was old enough to buy that with my own hard earned money! I remember muting and reporting kids on Xbox Live for being obnoxious or rude. To think those kids are fully grown adults today is kind of disorienting. ;D

*On a similar note, I was talking about Smash Bros. with a 1997 born friend, and he told me Brawl as his first Smash game, and he used words like "back then" to describe it. Kid, pause. It was yesterday when the daily Dojo updates of that game were breaking the Internet. ;D

*My 11 year old sister watches anime like Death Note (which was popular when I was in high school), and takes fashion inspiration from late 2000s emo. They were also of course into things like Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents when they were younger. To see things from my childhood/teen years to be treated so matter of factly and like things that always existed, when I can remember them being fresh and new, it reminds me of how much time has passed.

*People in YouTube comments talking about how they were in Grade 4 when California Gurls came out.

---

On things not related to the late 2000s

*Having nephews and nieces that call me uncle.

*People asking if I'm my little sisters' dad or my mom's husband.

*My little sister telling me that 'I didn't grow up with technology'

*When young people act like something someone said on Tumblr or YouTube is important. Just close it if it upsets you lol.

*There's a holiday in my culture where adults give money to kids so they can go spend it on candy or video games or whatever. For the first time this year, instead of receiving money, I was giving money away.  :\'(

*On a related note, having to take or drop off my little sisters at places. Also having to spend my money on them buying toys or clothes or video games or what have you. Makes me feel more like a parent/adult than just doing house chores for them. ;D

*Childhood friends getting married or having kids.

*The government here is introducing a lot of new social programmes for youth. Their definition of youth being under 25, and I realize I only have a few months to take advantage of any of these services ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/11/17 at 2:49 pm

remembering the consoles that I used to play with consoles such as Atari, Intellivision and Vectrex and that goes back 30-35 years. :o

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/11/17 at 2:55 pm

Remembering that the New Kids On The Block broke up in 1994 and then reunited in 2008.  The 20th anniversary of Hangin' Tough also made me feel shockingly old even though I was only 32 at the time that they reunited.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/11/17 at 3:29 pm

Some more things that make me feel old...I'm older than these things:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41HHBMBQDEL._SY445_.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HhxTO6FsxLg/UkWwdXjfkRI/AAAAAAAAAF4/JtlZmnQnwpU/s1600/TonyHawksProSkaterPlayStation1.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c0/Toy_Story_2.jpg
https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_medium/mig/1/5/9/8/2211598-box_re3.png
https://r.mprd.se/fup/up/36966-Grand_Theft_Auto_2_-1.jpg
http://www.leftoverculturereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/1657984-crash_team_racing.jpg
http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1101156/donkeykong64.jpg

Written By: #Infinity on 07/11/17 at 9:11 pm

Some more things that make me feel old...I'm older than these things:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c0/Toy_Story_2.jpg

Oh, blimey! Age comparisons to Toy Story 2 are evidence of feeling old now, too? Put that film in the same category as Grinch 2000! :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/11/17 at 9:20 pm

When I remember that I watched on television England winning the World Cup and Moon Landings in the 1960s.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/11/17 at 9:34 pm

Oh, blimey! Age comparisons to Toy Story 2 are evidence of feeling old now, too? Put that film in the same category as Grinch 2000! :o

Is that a bad thing? :-\\

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/11/17 at 9:35 pm

When I remember that I watched on television England winning the World Cup and Moon Landings in the 1960s.

You are definitely old, lol :P. England won the World Cup in 1966 and the Moon Landing happened in 1969.

Written By: #Infinity on 07/11/17 at 10:54 pm

Is that a bad thing? :-\\

No, it's just fascinating to see Toy Story 2 enter that same "ancient" category that I used to refer to for anything that came out before my sense of memory got developed. Again, I remember Toy Story 2 seeming very new at the time because it felt like a visual and set design advancement from the first movie, and the theater I saw it at still looks pretty newish today.

*On a similar note, I was talking about Smash Bros. with a 1997 born friend, and he told me Brawl as his first Smash game, and he used words like "back then" to describe it. Kid, pause. It was yesterday when the daily Dojo updates of that game were breaking the Internet. ;D

On the subject of Super Smash Bros., I still can't believe how many years old Super Smash Bros. Melee is already! The fact that the slick, semi-realistic graphics have aged so gracefully and it's still the preferred title in the series for tournaments cause it to still feel quite modern, even though it's already halfway back to mid-1986, a time before most people had played or even known about the original NES and Atari was more or less still the face of gaming.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/11/17 at 10:58 pm

No, it's just fascinating to see Toy Story 2 enter that same "ancient" category that I used to refer to for anything that came out before my sense of memory got developed. Again, I remember Toy Story 2 seeming very new at the time because it felt like a visual and set design advancement from the first movie, and the theater I saw it at still looks pretty newish today.

Oh OK, I can understand your perplexed feelings :P.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 07/11/17 at 11:57 pm

* I was born closer to the day when John Lennon was murdered (8th December 1980) than today.
* The previous decade was not the decade I was born in and i'm only 18.
* I'm now old enough to get married.
* There are people around my age who are already starting to have children.
* The fact that I will be in my 20s before the end of this decade.
* The start of my childhood was over 15 years ago!
* Some of the youngest kids at my high school were only born when I started primary school.
* The Late 2000s are a distant period of time.
* I was born before the Columbine shootings, NYE 1999/2000 and 9/11.
* I have lived through three different decades, two centuries and two Millennia.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/12/17 at 12:50 am

* I was born closer to the day when John Lennon was murdered (8th December 1980) than today.
* The previous decade was not the decade I was born in and i'm only 18.
* I'm now old enough to get married.
* There are people around my age who are already starting to have children.
* The fact that I will be in my 20s before the end of this decade.
* The start of my childhood was over 15 years ago!
* Some of the youngest kids at my high school were only born when I started primary school.
* The Late 2000s are a distant period of time.
* I was born before
the Columbine shootings, NYE 1999/2000 and 9/11.
* I have lived through three different decades, two centuries and two Millennia.

All the things I bolded are the same for me. Man, it's all so crazy.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 07/12/17 at 10:16 am

When I see 5 year old's with Tablets.
When I think that everyone who was in my secondary school from 2008 - 2012 has graduated now.
When I see how young 14/15 year olds look to me nowadays even though I can remember when I was that age like it was yesterday.

Written By: Howard on 07/12/17 at 3:25 pm

looking back at all my Gameboy games from almost 30 years ago. :o

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/13/17 at 9:35 am

Well, it's official now, folks. Now that my 30th birthday has passed, I don't just feel old anymore, I am old!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/13/17 at 9:50 am

Well, it's official now, folks. Now that my 30th birthday has passed, I don't just feel old anymore, I am old!
How was your special day?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/13/17 at 10:02 am

Were you active yesterday because I forgot to tell you happy birthday? Well, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! :D.

Written By: Henk on 07/13/17 at 2:47 pm

You're not old. Well, not compared to ME, anyway! ;D

* Realizing my youngest nephew will be turning 20 this summer. I still remember him and his siblings in nappies...
* Being reminded of the fact that 1988 is almost 30 years ago - which means Euro 1988 (the one "we" won) will also be 30 years ago next year.
* Thinking of friends you haven't seen in a while, and then realizing that that has also been nearly 30 years... :o
* Realizing that lots of people around here have not lived through the 1970s and 1980s, or even whole of the 1990s, and have no idea of what it was like to live without cell phones, wifi, or the internet.

Written By: 2001 on 07/13/17 at 6:27 pm

On the subject of Super Smash Bros., I still can't believe how many years old Super Smash Bros. Melee is already! The fact that the slick, semi-realistic graphics have aged so gracefully and it's still the preferred title in the series for tournaments cause it to still feel quite modern, even though it's already halfway back to mid-1986, a time before most people had played or even known about the original NES and Atari was more or less still the face of gaming.

The Gamecube in general has really good graphics. For all the focus there is on graphics these days, the graphics jump from 6th to 7th to 8th generation was really small compared to the previous gens.

Happy belated birthday! :D

The median is age is somewhere in the late 30s. You're still younger than most people. ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/14/17 at 7:16 am

Welcome to your 30's. ;)

Written By: Brian06 on 07/14/17 at 8:13 pm

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the "30 club"! I just joined a couple months ago myself. It's actually fun! ;D

Written By: 2001 on 07/14/17 at 9:02 pm

I'm at a kid's 6th birthday party and there's a bunch of early 2010s babies here. They're all actual kids, and it kind of hit me that they have no memory of 2010-2012  :o

Yes I'm thinking about these kind of things lol. It's a boring party. >_<

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/14/17 at 9:06 pm

I'm at a kid's 6th birthday party and there's a bunch of early 2010s babies here. They're all actual kids, and it kind of hit me that they have no memory of 2010-2012  :o

Are you the babysitter? ;D

Written By: 2001 on 07/14/17 at 9:07 pm

Are you the babysitter? ;D

Lol I'm the momsitter. She hates driving at night. ;D

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/14/17 at 10:06 pm

My cousin's kids are 11, 15, and 17.  I was in my 20s when the older two were born and I was almost 30 when her youngest was born.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/15/17 at 9:50 am

How was your special day?

Were you active yesterday because I forgot to tell you happy birthday? Well, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! :D.

You're not old. Well, not compared to ME, anyway! ;D

* Realizing my youngest nephew will be turning 20 this summer. I still remember him and his siblings in nappies...
* Being reminded of the fact that 1988 is almost 30 years ago - which means Euro 1988 (the one "we" won) will also be 30 years ago next year.
* Thinking of friends you haven't seen in a while, and then realizing that that has also been nearly 30 years... :o
* Realizing that lots of people around here have not lived through the 1970s and 1980s, or even whole of the 1990s, and have no idea of what it was like to live without cell phones, wifi, or the internet.

Welcome to your 30's. ;)

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the "30 club"! I just joined a couple months ago myself. It's actually fun! ;D

Thanks guys. You actually managed to make me feel a bit better about turning 30. Honestly, I know that being 30 isn't really different than being 29 or even 28, but there's just something about that number that gets to you when it hits.

There's nothing that will make you feel older quicker than interacting with young kids. When I talk to my younger cousins and relatives around that age it always stands out. When you're talking to somebody so young that they can't remember what the iPod is, that will make you feel ancient!

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 07/15/17 at 11:39 am

Thanks guys. You actually managed to make me feel a bit better about turning 30. Honestly, I know that being 30 isn't really different than being 29 or even 28, but there's just something about that number that gets to you when it hits.

There's nothing that will make you feel older quicker than interacting with young kids. When I talk to my younger cousins and relatives around that age it always stands out. When you're talking to somebody so young that they can't remember what the iPod is, that will make you feel ancient!

Happy Belated Birthday man! And yeah IDK how I'll be able to take the heat of turning 30. Well I got roughly 9 years left to see....

Written By: Brian06 on 07/15/17 at 11:43 am

Some 20s vs. 30s memes for your enjoyment:

http://robertcatalano.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Lifes-Priorities-on-Social-Media-20s-vs.-30s.jpg

http://realitypod.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/20-vs-30-7-600x392.jpg

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cq3OIlEWgAAGOJe.png

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 07/15/17 at 11:47 am

Some 20s vs. 30s memes for your enjoyment:

http://robertcatalano.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Lifes-Priorities-on-Social-Media-20s-vs.-30s.jpg

http://realitypod.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/20-vs-30-7-600x392.jpg

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cq3OIlEWgAAGOJe.png

LOL All pretty hilarious and accurate

Written By: Brian06 on 07/15/17 at 11:49 am

Happy Belated Birthday man! And yeah IDK how I'll be able to take the heat of turning 30. Well I got roughly 9 years left to see....

It's not that bad, but the 20ish year olds now seeing you as "older" is definitely something that takes time to digest. It's definitely different than when you're 20 and you're only a lot older than 10 year olds or something.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 07/15/17 at 12:18 pm

It's not that bad, but the 20ish year olds now seeing you as "older" is definitely something that takes time to digest. It's definitely different than when you're 20 and you're only a lot older than 10 year olds or something.

Yeah its weird talking to 15-16 years olds at my job sometimes and thinking 'you're not THAT much older then them', and then to realize a few seconds later that you're 5-6 years older then them ;D. I guess as people get older, 5-10 year age differences seem to subside in relativity.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/15/17 at 12:39 pm

Yeah its weird talking to 15-16 years olds at my job sometimes and thinking 'you're not THAT much older then them', and then to realize a few seconds later that you're 5-6 years older then them ;D. I guess as people get older, 5-10 year age differences seem to subside in relativity.

Yeah, that probably does happen to an extent. Like, something that's different as you start getting close to 30 is that people around 40 start seeming more like older peers to you as opposed to somebody way older than you. Somebody that turns 40 this year, for example, grew up with some of the same things I did during early childhood like the NES and TMNT. They certainly don't seem like a different generation from me at that age like they used to.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/15/17 at 12:58 pm

I'm just here....a little less than 2 years from being 20 :P.

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/15/17 at 1:19 pm

Alright.

After reading a good amount of posts, the only things that make me feel old is experiencing core 2000s school culture, specific channels I watched in their heyday like Cartoon Network and songs I first heard when I was a teen that distinctively sound a different era ago.

Written By: Howard on 07/15/17 at 3:43 pm

Wait till you reach your 40's.

Written By: Howard on 07/15/17 at 3:45 pm

looking back at some childhood photos of days gone by. :(

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 07/16/17 at 9:51 am

The fact that I was born in the same decade as..

* Songs such as "Cherry Pie", "Ice Ice Baby" and "Vogue".
* The Grunge movement
* Jurassic Park, Home Alone and The Silence of the Lambs.
* The invention of the world wide web
* Shows such as Full House and Growing Pains still being in production.

I know that I was born in the decade that the things I mentioned above occurred/were released, but because I was born in 1999 and have no memories of the '90s at all, it feels as though they're from a completely different time.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/16/17 at 11:31 am

Another thing that makes me feel old. The fact that I can actually remember when commercials like this used to air on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzVRn6zYBiQ

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/16/17 at 11:43 am

It makes me feel old that I was born closer to the release of this movie:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4a/61/94/4a61944fa8f2c8bba292ddc00c658f19--james-cameron-james-darcy.jpg

Than this movie:

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/36/590x/secondary/Avatar-poster-421587.jpg

BTW, both movies are directed by James Cameron and were HUGE hits when they came out :o.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/16/17 at 11:54 am

That is amazing to think about.

How about the fact that the election of John F. Kennedy to the presidency during November 1960 is closer to my birth than the election of Donald Trump last year. By 2020, the 1956 presidential election will be closer to my birth than that election.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/16/17 at 12:26 pm

That is amazing to think about.

How about the fact that the election of John F. Kennedy to the presidency during November 1960 is closer to my birth than the election of Donald Trump last year. By 2020, the 1956 presidential election will be closer to my birth than that election.

I was born closer to the 1980 presidential election than the 2020 presidential election. The 2020 presidential election will be the first presidential election I'm eligible to vote in...that's crazy :o.

Written By: Brian06 on 07/16/17 at 2:08 pm

This one woman my age I went to school with has a 13 year old son...that makes me feel old. His friends likely think of her as some MILF. It's pretty scary but true.  :o

Another thing is looking at the pop charts and seeing most of the people are younger than me now. It's typical as it gets harder to appeal to teenagers when a singer is 30+. Seems like yesterday when someone my age would have been around the youngest singer. Somebody recently posted a list of current artists and every single one of them is younger than me, some more than decade.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/16/17 at 8:26 pm

Another thing is looking at the pop charts and seeing most of the people are younger than me now. It's typical as it gets harder to appeal to teenagers when a singer is 30+. Seems like yesterday when someone my age would have been around the youngest singer. Somebody recently posted a list of current artists and every single one of them is younger than me, some more than decade.
You mean this one?

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55647.0

Written By: Brian06 on 07/16/17 at 8:31 pm

You mean this one?

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=55647.0

Yeah I googled all of them and it looks like every single one of them is younger than me.  ;D

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/16/17 at 8:38 pm

Yeah, I googled all of them and it looks like every single one of them is younger than me.  ;D
Have you heard their songs before?

Written By: Brian06 on 07/16/17 at 8:51 pm

Have you heard their songs before?

Yeah some of them, I just responded in your topic about them.

Written By: 2001 on 07/16/17 at 9:09 pm

Another thing that makes me feel old. The fact that I can actually remember when commercials like this used to air on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzVRn6zYBiQ

Commercial jingles are the worst! They get stuck in my head. ;D

Written By: wixness on 07/17/17 at 9:57 am

Commercial jingles are the worst! They get stuck in my head. ;D

I still hear the Intel jingle on some ads for laptops (although I don't watch much TV). I always confuse it and the Nintendo jingle for some reason.

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/17/17 at 2:21 pm

This is another one for me to. There's a celebrity, I can't remember the name to, that's 24. We're both in our 20s but him just being a few years younger than me can still take affect.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/17/17 at 2:45 pm

I started 4th grade in 2008 and most 2008 borns are starting 4th grade this year. That's like a gut punch because I never thought about it until now :(.

Written By: Howard on 07/17/17 at 3:41 pm

I still hear the Intel jingle on some ads for laptops (although I don't watch much TV). I always confuse it and the Nintendo jingle for some reason.

watching old McDonalds commercials from the early 80's make me feel old.  :(

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/17/17 at 4:12 pm

bbzuS_pa56g

They're three sad souls
oh me oh my
no brains
no heart
he's much too shy

But nevermind you three
here's the Wizard as you can see
he'll fix that 1 2 3
in the funny place called the world of Oz

Oh the World of Oz is a very funny place
where everyone wears a funny funny face
all the streets are paved with gold
and no one ever grows old
in that funny land with the Wizard of Oz.

stgiaI0yCHk

Presenting the new adventures of Pinocchio!

Here's Pinocchio what a happy lad
since the day he lost his strings
he can walk and talk and fly
Do anything I try
he can dance sing a tune play a flute
Do anything I try

But never never never never
ever should he ever tell a lie.

Written By: 2001 on 07/17/17 at 4:56 pm

I started 4th grade in 2008 and most 2008 borns are starting 4th grade this year. That's like a gut punch because I never thought about it until now :(.

I was in Grade 4 in 2001, when Windows XP came out. That was a high tech year. :D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/17/17 at 5:34 pm

I was in Grade 4 in 2001, when Windows XP came out. That was a high tech year. :D

In Canada, you start Grade 4 at age 8?

Here in the US, we start 4th grade at the age of 9.  During the 2008-09 school year (4th grade), I was 9 to almost 10 years old.

Written By: 2001 on 07/17/17 at 6:01 pm

In Canada, you start Grade 4 at age 8?

Here in the US, we start 4th grade at the age of 9.  During the 2008-09 school year (4th grade), I was 9 to almost 10 years old.

I think you have to be 8 or 9.

In Ontario, we start Kindergarten when we're 3/4 years old. I started in 1996. I think in the US, you start at 5 or 6.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/17/17 at 6:09 pm

The first time I felt 'aged' was around my mid-20's. There was a group of 16 year olds, and I realized that I was 10 years older than them.

But overall, I still feel very young.  :)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/17/17 at 10:04 pm

I think you have to be 8 or 9.

Oh OK.

In Ontario, we start Kindergarten when we're 3/4 years old. I started in 1996. I think in the US, you start at 5 or 6.

You are correct. It's at the age of 5. I started Pre-K in 2002 at the age of 3. I started Kindergarten in 2004 at the age of 5.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/18/17 at 3:20 am

My oldies channel in my city plays mostly 80's music now. It makes me feel old, because they used to play 50's, 60's and 70's, music. Now it's 80% 80's.

Written By: Howard on 07/18/17 at 7:26 am

The first time I felt 'aged' was around my mid-20's. There was a group of 16 year olds, and I realized that I was 10 years older than them.

But overall, I still feel very young.  :)

You're only as young as you look.

Written By: Howard on 07/18/17 at 7:29 am

Oh OK.
You are correct. It's at the age of 5. I started Pre-K in 2002 at the age of 3. I started Kindergarten in 2004 at the age of 5.

I started Pre-K in 1979 and Kindergarten in 1980.

Written By: Howard on 07/18/17 at 7:30 am

My oldies channel in my city plays mostly 80's music now. It makes me feel old, because they used to play 50's, 60's and 70's, music. Now it's 80% 80's.

the radio that used to play all oldies now plays early 1990's and I rarely listen to the station nowadays.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/18/17 at 10:25 am

My 4th grade year was 1996-97. Windows 95 was the dominant operating system of the day, and the top U.S. news stories were the shooting of Tupac Shakur and the Bill Clinton and Bob Dole presidential election.

Also, kids born that year are adults now. Yeah, that makes me feel old.

Written By: 2001 on 07/18/17 at 11:29 am

You're only as young as you look.

I look old!

My 4th grade year was 1996-97. Windows 95 was the dominant operating system of the day, and the top U.S. news stories were the shooting of Tupac Shakur and the Bill Clinton and Bob Dole presidential election.

Also, kids born that year are adults now. Yeah, that makes me feel old.

And you were in kindergarten in 1993, and now we're old enough to be the school teachers.  :-X

Written By: 80sfan on 07/18/17 at 11:36 am

I look old!

And you were in kindergarten in 1993, and now we're old enough to be the school teachers.  :-X

God, you're so old, you pink dog!  >:(  >:(  >:(

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/18/17 at 11:48 am

I started Kindergarten in 2004 and most kids born in 2004 are starting 8th grade in the Fall. They are almost in high school :o.

Written By: Howard on 07/18/17 at 2:10 pm

I look old!

How so?

Written By: Henk on 07/19/17 at 1:40 am

Here's another thing: I graduated from high school in 1985. I'm betting most of your parents hadn't even met back then! :D

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 07/19/17 at 1:51 am

Here's another thing: I graduated from high school in 1985. I'm betting most of your parents hadn't even met back then! :D

My parents did. :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/19/17 at 1:53 am

My parents met a few years before 1954.

Written By: Howard on 07/19/17 at 3:42 pm

My parents met 40 years ago.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/19/17 at 3:47 pm

My parents were both born in May 1963 and they met while they were both growing up in the 1970s.

Written By: Howard on 07/19/17 at 4:17 pm

My parents were both born in May 1963 and they met while they were both growing up in the 1970s.

My Parents were born in the 1940's and they met in the early 1960's.

Written By: 2001 on 07/19/17 at 10:02 pm

My parents met in '91 :-[

Written By: Howard on 07/20/17 at 5:16 am

hearing music that I saved on music cassettes from 30 years ago when I taped music from radio stations and I still have them in my closet. :o

Written By: 2001 on 07/20/17 at 9:56 am

hearing music that I saved on music cassettes from 30 years ago when I taped music from radio stations and I still have them in my closet. :o

That is really impressive :o

Written By: 80sfan on 07/20/17 at 9:58 am

My first grey hair at 16/17.  :(

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/20/17 at 12:24 pm

I visited my female cousin who was born in late 1997 and she teaches kids from 1st grade to 5th grade to do choreographed dances at a Summer camp. While they were on break, they told my cousin to play "It's Everyday Bro" by Jake Paul ft. Team 10. The kids were singing along and dancing to the song and both me and my cousin were just cringing. The song is horrible and it really shows the difference between my cousin and I who grew up in the 2000s vs these kids who are growing up now.

Written By: Howard on 07/21/17 at 7:47 am

That is really impressive :o

the cassette tapes are probably warped by now after 30 years.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/23/17 at 1:09 pm

Another thing that kinda makes me feel old is actually how old the '50s and '60s have started to get. When I was a kid, both the '50s and '60s were still relatively recent history. Parts of the '50s were less than 40 years ago, and parts of the '60s were less than 30 years ago. Basically like the '80s and '90s now. There were still plenty of people who grew up during those decades that were relatively young. TV shows from the '50s and '60s were the classic TV of my childhood, whereas now those shows are just old as hell, and '80s and '90s stuff is considered classic.

Written By: #Infinity on 07/23/17 at 1:16 pm

Another thing that kinda makes me feel old is actually how old the '50s and '60s have started to get. When I was a kid, both the '50s and '60s were still relatively recent history. Parts of the '50s were less than 40 years ago, and parts of the '60s were less than 30 years ago. Basically like the '80s and '90s now. There were still plenty of people who grew up during those decades that were relatively young. TV shows from the '50s and '60s were the classic TV of my childhood, whereas now those shows are just old as hell, and '80s and '90s stuff is considered classic.

Well, to be fair, figures like Charlie Puth and Meghan Trainor still seem to treat the 50s and 60s as classic.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/23/17 at 2:00 pm

The fact that I can remember when nobody had a mobile/smart phone. It's weird lol. Now even my youngest nephew owns one and he's only 9.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 2:41 pm

I remember when the Internet was dubbed "The Information superhighway". I haven't heard that phrase uttered in the past 10 or so years.

Written By: Howard on 07/24/17 at 2:48 pm

The fact that I can remember when nobody had a mobile/smart phone. It's weird lol. Now even my youngest nephew owns one and he's only 9.

I can remember when people had brick phones, that's how far I can go back.  :o

Written By: 2001 on 07/24/17 at 5:01 pm

I can't believe some of the 1950s were almost 70 years ago. :o

And yeah, the 1960s are very modern for the beginning to be almost 60 years ago.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 5:04 pm

I certainly can believe it.

And yeah, the 1960s are very modern for the beginning to be almost 60 years ago.

How so?

Written By: 2001 on 07/24/17 at 5:11 pm

I certainly can believe it.
How so?

It had TVs and airplanes and stuff, lol.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 5:17 pm

It had TVs and airplanes and stuff, lol.

So did the 1950s, lol.

Written By: Brian06 on 07/24/17 at 5:24 pm

Even the 1910s had airplanes LOL.  ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 5:27 pm

But not TV ;D.

Written By: 2001 on 07/24/17 at 5:31 pm

Okay, but the 1960s had the jet airliners. ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 5:32 pm

Okay, but the 1960s had the jet airliners. ;D

So did the 1950s...the Jet Age started in 1958 ;D.

Written By: 2001 on 07/24/17 at 5:35 pm

So did the 1950s...the Jet Age started in 1958 ;D.

That's the part I can't believe was 60 years ago. :P

In my head, "60 years ago" still paints a mental picture of the Great Depression/WW2 era, or something. Not jet liners, television, jeans and rock music. It has an air of modernity to it. :o

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 5:40 pm

That's the part I can't believe was 60 years ago. :P

In my head, "60 years ago" still paints a mental picture of the Great Depression/WW2 era, or something. Not jet liners, television, jeans and rock music. It has an air of modernity to it. :o

Jeans have existed since the 1800s.

Anyways, what you're describing is why most historians consider 1945-present to be the Contemporary era.

Written By: 2001 on 07/24/17 at 5:48 pm

Jeans have existed since the 1800s.

Anyways, what you're describing is why most historians consider 1945-present to be the Contemporary era.

Correct, but they were relegated to farmers and other tough duty jobs. The 1950s is when they became a casual fashion item.

Written By: Brian06 on 07/24/17 at 5:54 pm

Yeah I mean the '50s has always seemed old to me, but it is probably the first "modern" decade too. I remember when the '50s was 30-40 years ago in the '90s, so going from that to now near 70 years that is a big difference. It's not just old anymore it's something mainly only the very elderly and the dead actually experienced. A 20 year old from 1950 is now nearly 90 and realistically isn't going to be around much longer if they're still alive. If you were in your 30s in the '50s you're likely dead now, though a few are still alive. A decent amount of teenagers from the 1950s are still alive I suppose but even they are like 80ish, but if you were actually an adult in the '50s there's really few left tbh. My Dad is 64 and doesn't really remember much of anything from the '50s, if somebody about to sign up for medicare can't even really remember it it's definitely very old.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 6:01 pm

Correct, but they were relegated to farmers and other tough duty jobs. The 1950s is when they became a casual fashion item.

That is true.

Yeah I mean the '50s has always seemed old to me, but it is probably the first "modern" decade too. I remember when the '50s was 30-40 years ago in the '90s, so going from that to now near 70 years that is a big difference. It's not just old anymore it's something mainly only the very elderly and the dead actually experienced. A 20 year old from 1950 is now nearly 90 and realistically isn't going to be around much longer if they're still alive. If you were in your 30s in the '50s you're likely dead now, though a few are still alive. A decent amount of teenagers from the 1950s are still alive I suppose but even they are like 80ish, but if you were actually an adult in the '50s there's really few left tbh. My Dad is 64 and doesn't really remember much of anything from the '50s, if somebody about to sign up for medicare can't even really remember it it's definitely very old.

I guess that it's because of my age but the 1950s have always been distant to me. Every decade except the 1980s and 1990s has seemed distant to me.

Written By: Brian06 on 07/24/17 at 6:08 pm

That is true.
I guess that it's because of my age but the 1950s have always been distant to me. Every decade except the 1980s and 1990s has seemed distant to me.

Yeah I guess I even remember when the '50s were still like one of the big retro decades and a lot of people that truly lived them were actually still alive. Back in the day in the early-mid '90s Nick At Nite always showed 50s and 60s programming. Like I said it was always old to me obviously, but it's a whole other degree of old now definitely.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 6:09 pm

Yeah I guess I even remember when the '50s were still like one of the big retro decades and a lot of people that truly lived them were actually still alive. Back in the day in the early-mid '90s Nick At Nite always showed 50s and 60s programming. Like I said it was always old to me obviously, but it's a whole other degree of old now definitely.

OK, I gotcha.

Written By: 2001 on 07/24/17 at 8:58 pm

Think about how in 10 years, the 1960s will be in this position. It's kind of sad. I don't want the memories of the 1960s to go away. :(

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/24/17 at 9:19 pm

Think about how in 10 years, the 1960s will be in this position. It's kind of sad. I don't want the memories of the 1960s to go away. :(

A lot of things about the 1960s can be forgotten (I hope).

Written By: Howard on 07/25/17 at 7:14 am

along with leather jackets.

Written By: 2001 on 07/25/17 at 12:19 pm

A lot of things about the 1960s can be forgotten (I hope).

Why? :o

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/25/17 at 12:47 pm

Why? :o

That's because in the USA in the 1960s there was:

1. Violent racism (such as Jim Crow segregation, lynchings, beatings, assassinations).

2. Barely any representations (primarily bad) of non-White Americans in media.

3. Very little environmental regulations just look at videos of planes taking off from NYC's John F. Kennedy International Airport (or any airport really) in the 1960s (all that smoke 8-P). Heavy smog in cities such as Los Angeles and a river catching on FIRE in Ohio in 1969 (Cuyahoga River).

4. An open segregationist (Governor George Wallace of Alabama in 1968) running for President and being able to win 5 states (all in the Deep South though).

5. Traditional view of a woman's role in society (woman have to be a housewife or "womanly" jobs such as caretakers, nurses, etc) That's why the second wave of feminism exploded in the 1970s.

All of those things from the 1960s can most certainly be forgotten.

Written By: Brian06 on 07/25/17 at 1:05 pm

1. Violent racism (such as Jim Crow segregation, lynchings, beatings, assassinations).

3. Very little environmental regulations just look at videos of planes taking off from NYC's John F. Kennedy International Airport (or any airport really) in the 1960s (all that smoke 8-P). Heavy smog in cities such as Los Angeles and a river catching on FIRE in Ohio in 1969 (Cuyahoga River).

4. An open segregationist (Governor George Wallace of Alabama in 1968) running for President and being able to win 5 states (all in the Deep South though).

5. Traditional view of a woman's role in society (woman have to be a housewife or "womanly" jobs such as caretakers, nurses, etc) That's why the second wave of feminism exploded in the 1970s.

It may be not quite as bad as back then but we still a lot of problems with racism in the 2010s.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/25/17 at 2:39 pm

It may be not quite as bad as back then but we still a lot of problems with racism in the 2010s.

1. Never said that we didn't still have racism but the violent type of racism from the 1960s doesn't really happen nowadays.
2. The point of my was that many things from the 1960s need to be forgotten.
3. My other points still stand anyways.

Written By: 2001 on 07/25/17 at 3:02 pm

All of that is true, but I give the 1960s credit for getting rid of these things rather than blaming it for containing them. It's certainly not as good today, but back then it was a marked improvement over the previous decades.

Written By: #Infinity on 07/25/17 at 3:07 pm

1. Never said that we didn't still have racism but the violent type of racism from the 1960s doesn't really happen nowadays.

Uhhh, unfortunately yeah, it still does. The media just doesn't want to remind you about it. Hate crimes by neo-nazis, alt-righters, etc. are still a serious issue, depending on where you are.

2. The point of my was that many things from the 1960s need to be forgotten.

If there's anything I personally don't want to think about from the 60s, it's the homophobia. It actually makes me shudder to think that a mere half century ago, people were imprisoned as felons just because they were biologically dispositioned towards the same sex. When I learned that Elvis Presley's "Jailhouse Rock" is basically about incarcerated gays, it flat out ruined the song for me because it brings to mind one of the most unpleasant realities of the mid-20th Century.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/25/17 at 3:23 pm

All of that is true, but I give the 1960s credit for getting rid of these things rather than blaming it for containing them. It's certainly not as good today, but back then it was a marked improvement over the previous decades.

The 1960s got rid of those things....where?

Uhhh, unfortunately yeah, it still does. The media just doesn't want to remind you about it. Hate crimes by neo-nazis, alt-righters, etc. are still a serious issue, depending on where you are.

There are hate crimes committed by people of all backgrounds not just White supremacists and besides it's not even close to being as much as in the 1960s. A lynching used to happen every 10 seconds in the South....that simply doesn't happen anymore. Of course, racism still exists but it is now more hidden and secretive...the overt and aggressive racism of the 1960s is now largely gone.

If there's anything I personally don't want to think about from the 60s, it's the homophobia. It actually makes me shudder to think that a mere half century ago, people were imprisoned as felons just because they were biologically dispositioned towards the same sex. When I learned that Elvis Presley's "Jailhouse Rock" is basically about incarcerated gays, it flat out ruined the song for me because it brings to mind one of the most unpleasant realities of the mid-20th Century.

Yeah and that's another gripe of the 1960s that should be forgotten and not brought back.

Written By: 2001 on 07/25/17 at 3:53 pm

The Civil Rights and Feminist Movements. Segregation ended, there was a significant reduction in the number of lynchings, and women had much higher participation in the workforce and positions of power in 1969 than 1960. The 1960s isn't perfect, but it is celebrated as a decade of significant progress.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/25/17 at 4:10 pm

The Civil Rights and Feminist Movements. Segregation ended, there was a significant reduction in the number of lynchings, and women had much higher participation in the workforce and positions of power in 1969 than 1960. The 1960s isn't perfect, but it is celebrated as a decade of significant progress.

The problems were only being addressed. Jim Crow didn't go away automatically because of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1968. Also, the second wave of feminism didn't mean that lots of women weren't still confined to "womanly" jobs and positions. Progress was made but it was only started in the 1960s. The effects were seen in the 1970s-present.

Another gripe of the 1960s is that only around 20% of Americans supported interracial marriage at the end of the 1960s. When the Supreme Court decided that interracial marriage should not be banned in 1967 (Loving v. Virginia)....there was still 16 states that banned miscegenation (before the decision).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/25/17 at 4:12 pm

Also, before anyone assumes that I absolutely hate the 1960s....that would be definitely false. I'm just saying that there are obvious things about the 1960s that should not live on and be forgotten.

However, there are plenty of things that I like about the 1960s.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 07/25/17 at 4:32 pm

I watched Mississippi Burning a couple of years ago and it made me sick seeing how African Americans were treated at the time. It's sad that this level of racism is still present in some parts of America. It may not be as open as it once was, but it's still undeniably there. That's one aspect of America that I don't like, in all honesty. Well that, and the gun laws.

Written By: 2001 on 07/25/17 at 4:38 pm

The problems were only being addressed. Jim Crow didn't go away automatically because of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1968. Also, the second wave of feminism didn't mean that lots of women weren't still confined to "womanly" jobs and positions. Progress was made but it was only started in the 1960s. The effects were seen in the 1970s-present.

Another gripe of the 1960s is that only around 20% of Americans supported interracial marriage at the end of the 1960s. When the Supreme Court decided that interracial marriage should not be banned in 1967 (Loving v. Virginia)....there was still 16 states that banned miscegenation (before the decision).

Yes, all that is true, but it was a notable improvement of what was there before. It's not something that should be taken for granted. When we consider a lot of the ideals and rights we practise today, it's important to note that a lot of this is possible thanks to the 1960s counter culture occurring and establishing these ideals. There are a lot of places where the "the Quiet Revolution" never occurred and they're still ass backwards. It's not something that should be taken for granted. I celebrate the 1960s for establishing these ideals.

Re: homosexuality. It was a terrible decade to be gay in, but in 1967,  Pierre Elliott Trudeau quipped the famous quote "There’s no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation", and the decriminalization of homosexuality and the start of the modern LGBT movement in Canada quickly followed. And it was already de facto decriminalized a few years before that, since police/judges saw it as wrong to throw people in jail for that. It was a really forward thinking decade for its time, I admire that.  8)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/25/17 at 5:01 pm

I watched Mississippi Burning a couple of years ago and it made me sick seeing how African Americans were treated at the time. It's sad that this level of racism is still present in some parts of America. It may not be as open as it once was, but it's still undeniably there. That's one aspect of America that I don't like, in all honesty. Well that, and the gun laws.

Yeah, it was absolutely disgusting. Also, I know that racism still exists...I'm not naive and I've said that racism still exists multiple times before.

Oh yeah, our gun laws are bad but our gun culture is even worse :-\\.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/25/17 at 5:03 pm

Yes, all that is true, but it was a notable improvement of what was there before. It's not something that should be taken for granted. When we consider a lot of the ideals and rights we practise today, it's important to note that a lot of this is possible thanks to the 1960s counter culture occurring and establishing these ideals. There are a lot of places where the "the Quiet Revolution" never occurred and they're still ass backwards. It's not something that should be taken for granted. I celebrate the 1960s for establishing these ideals.

Oh yeah, you're definitely right. However, you asked me "Why? :o"...so I answered you :).

Written By: #Infinity on 07/26/17 at 3:59 pm

The 50s were truly a rotten, depressing time for social freedom in general, so thank goodness people successfully reputiated that falsely utopian mindset.

Re: homosexuality. It was a terrible decade to be gay in, but in 1967,  Pierre Elliott Trudeau quipped the famous quote "There’s no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation", and the decriminalization of homosexuality and the start of the modern LGBT movement in Canada quickly followed. And it was already de facto decriminalized a few years before that, since police/judges saw it as wrong to throw people in jail for that. It was a really forward thinking decade for its time, I admire that.  8)

Tom Robinson's "Glad to Be Gay" makes the opposite seem like the case, the way it laments not just the aggressive homophobia, but continued police raids on gay bars essentially for no reason, and this was a decade after male homosexuality became legal in the UK. Granted, there weren't as many persecutions in the 60s as there were in the early 50s, but the world still harbored virtually no sanctuary for gays in the 1960s. Yes, you did ultimately have the Stonewall Riots, but that was at the very end of the decade and didn't lead to many significant legislative victories until the second half of the 1970s.

Written By: 2001 on 07/26/17 at 4:47 pm

The 50s were truly a rotten, depressing time for social freedom in general, so thank goodness people successfully reputiated that falsely utopian mindset.

Tom Robinson's "Glad to Be Gay" makes the opposite seem like the case, the way it laments not just the aggressive homophobia, but continued police raids on gay bars essentially for no reason, and this was a decade after male homosexuality became legal in the UK. Granted, there weren't as many persecutions in the 60s as there were in the early 50s, but the world still harbored virtually no sanctuary for gays in the 1960s. Yes, you did ultimately have the Stonewall Riots, but that was at the very end of the decade and didn't lead to many significant legislative victories until the second half of the 1970s.

Oh yeah, I think raids on gay slaves continued into the early 2000s in most the Commonwealth at least. I'm not sure about the US. Really, any time before the 2010s was not very socially accepting, but most modern LGBT movements can trace their beginnings back to the 1960s (admittedly, the end of the 1960s).

Written By: violet_shy on 07/26/17 at 7:07 pm

I remember when the Internet was dubbed "The Information superhighway". I haven't heard that phrase uttered in the past 10 or so years.

Yes, I remember this! And when one of the first real internet services was called America Online, lol. Which is now AOL.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/26/17 at 7:17 pm

Yes, I remember this! And when one of the first real internet services was called America Online, lol. Which is now AOL.

AOL actually still exists and I remember when it was called America Online as well.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/26/17 at 7:25 pm

AOL actually still exists and I remember when it was called America Online as well.

Yes it does. I still have an account with AOL.  :D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/26/17 at 7:58 pm

Do you still use it? :D

Written By: violet_shy on 07/27/17 at 12:10 pm

Do you still use it? :D

Oh yes...definitely! It's my primary email address.

Written By: Howard on 07/27/17 at 2:37 pm

How can you? That was 20 years ago. :o

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/27/17 at 2:38 pm

AOL still exists...that's why.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/27/17 at 4:32 pm

AOL still exists...that's why.

I can't understand why people don't use it anymore. I've had my AOL email since 2002.

Written By: Howard on 07/28/17 at 8:10 am

I can't understand why people don't use it anymore. I've had my AOL email since 2002.

I prefer G-mail.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/28/17 at 2:13 pm

Yeah, I can remember the information superhighway stuff, too. That was what pretty much everybody called it back during the early and mid '90s. Pretty much the first time I ever heard of the World Wide Web was around 1995 when my 2nd grade teacher talked about this thing called the information superhighway and predicted that all of us kids would be using it a few years later. That was a pretty damn good prediction.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/28/17 at 3:06 pm

Yeah, I can remember the information superhighway stuff, too. That was what pretty much everybody called it back during the early and mid '90s. Pretty much the first time I ever heard of the World Wide Web was around 1995 when my 2nd grade teacher talked about this thing called the information superhighway and predicted that all of us kids would be using it a few years later. That was a pretty damn good prediction.

Hell yeah! :D

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/04/18 at 5:58 pm

-The fact that my birth year is as far from 1986 as it is from today
-Kids younger than my very first YouTube account are starting elementary this year
-Kids born in 2007 will start middle school this year. In 2007, I started elementary school
-My childhood started 13 years ago
-The fact that early 2010's borns are already in elementary school
-The fact that all the 2000's will be 10 years or older by next year
-The fact that 2008 was 10 years ago
-The fact that 2020 is only in a couple of years, and by then 2010 will be a decade old.
-The fact that as of today, we are closer to January 1st, 2020 than any day before May 5, 2016.
-My birth year is closer to the late 80's than today.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/04/18 at 6:32 pm

My knees, my back and my shoulder.  :-[  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 03/04/18 at 6:39 pm

Oh no :(

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/04/18 at 6:45 pm

My neck, my back................

Written By: Wobo on 03/04/18 at 6:49 pm

•Looking at commercial breaks from 2012-2013.
If you look at them some of them look really old but recent
•Other reasons also:
•2014 being 4 years old
•2012 being 6 years old
•2010 being 8 years old and almost 10
•The music being different between 2004-2009
(I can't believe I was alive when the mid-late 2000s had different music from today)
•(Like rainbow) me being born 14 years away from 1990 and 5 years away from 1999 also 15 years away from 1989.
•Me remembering my 4th birthday almost 10 years ago and I'm going to be 14 this year and graduating pre-school/daycare almost 9 years ago in 2009
•I also turn 16 in just 2 years
•2010s babies
•2008ers being 10 and going to the 4th grade
•Me leaving middle school and 2007ers going to middle school in 2018.
•I turn 18 in 5 years...
•Me being born during George Bush's presidency and being born during the election of 2004.
•(Like rainbow) said 2010s babies in elementary school (2010-2012ers as of now)
•2010ers also turning 10 in 2020 while I'll be a 16 year old by then.
•Oh also lastly me going to highschool wow.
I also have a mustache lol..

Written By: 2001 on 03/04/18 at 6:50 pm

Do you have bad posture? I had some back aches a few years ago but I fixed my posture and it went away.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/04/18 at 7:05 pm

Do you have bad posture? I had some back aches a few years ago but I fixed my posture and it went away.

I can't tell if you're taking me seriously or not ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Wobo on 03/04/18 at 7:09 pm

-The fact that my birth year is as far from 1986 as it is from today
-Kids younger than my very first YouTube account are starting elementary this year
-Kids born in 2007 will start middle school this year. In 2007, I started elementary school
-My childhood started 13 years ago
-The fact that early 2010's borns are already in elementary school
-The fact that all the 2000's will be 10 years or older by next year
-The fact that 2008 was 10 years ago
-The fact that 2020 is only in a couple of years, and by then 2010 will be a decade old.
-The fact that as of today, we are closer to January 1st, 2020 than any day before May 5, 2016.
-My birth year is closer to the late 80's than today.

My birthday is on May 5th and my birthday is close to the 90s and when 2011,2012,2013 or 2014 becomes an decade old then I'll feel really old or probably when 2010 becomes an decade also.

Written By: 2001 on 03/04/18 at 7:09 pm

I can't tell if you're taking me seriously or not ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Blocked.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/04/18 at 7:13 pm

Once I lose most of my weight, I will have veiny hands!  :-[  :-[  :-[

Written By: 2001 on 03/04/18 at 7:17 pm

I have bony, veiny hands and wrinkling knuckles ;D

When little kids call me uncle I feel old.  :-[

Written By: Wobo on 03/04/18 at 7:27 pm

•Also me being born when CN was still watchable and Nickelodeon still having their splat logo.
•And when half of the 70s was only 30 years old when I was born.
• And 1978 being 27 years old,79 being 26 years old when I was also born
•My early childhood started almost 11 years ago in 2007.(My official childhood started in 2010 when I was 6)

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/04/18 at 7:35 pm

Blocked.

:\'( :\'( :\'(
But my neck, my back....

Written By: Wobo on 03/04/18 at 7:49 pm

I started Kindergarten in 2004 and most kids born in 2004 are starting 8th grade in the Fall. They are almost in high school :o.

Yep!

Written By: Wobo on 03/04/18 at 7:58 pm

My mom graduated high school in 1996.

Written By: Wobo on 03/04/18 at 8:01 pm

I visited my female cousin who was born in late 1997 and she teaches kids from 1st grade to 5th grade to do choreographed dances at a Summer camp. While they were on break, they told my cousin to play "It's Everyday Bro" by Jake Paul ft. Team 10. The kids were singing along and dancing to the song and both me and my cousin were just cringing. The song is horrible and it really shows the difference between my cousin and I who grew up in the 2000s vs these kids who are growing up now.

Not all kids likes this song and that's honeslty sad that these kids would actually listen to that.

Written By: Wobo on 03/04/18 at 8:06 pm

There are hate crimes committed by people of all backgrounds not just White supremacists and besides it's not even close to being as much as in the 1960s.A lynching used to happen every 10 seconds in the South....that simply doesn't happen anymore. Of course, racism still exists but it is now more hidden and secretive...the overt and aggressive racism of the 1960s is now largely gone.
Yeah and that's another gripe of the 1960s that should be forgotten and not brought back.

After the civil Rights movement lynching wasn't common anymore, before the 1960s lynchings were more of a problem than in the 60's

Written By: 2001 on 03/04/18 at 8:14 pm

My mom graduated high school in 1996.

Now that made me feel old :P

Although not as much as one poster here (can't remember who) who had parents born 1982 :o

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/04/18 at 8:21 pm

After the civil Rights movement lynching wasn't common anymore, before the 1960s lynchings were more of a problem than in the 60's

Yes...that's what I said.

Written By: Wobo on 03/04/18 at 8:22 pm

Although not as much as one poster here (can't remember who) who had parents born 1982 :o

She was born in 1978.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/04/18 at 8:25 pm

Why does that make you feel old? You were only 3 in 1996 meanwhile his parents graduated from HS in 1996.

They were most likely born in either late 1977 or 1978. So they would be more than 15 years older than you...that makes you feel old? ???

Written By: 80sfan on 03/04/18 at 8:30 pm

I have bony, veiny hands and wrinkling knuckles ;D

When little kids call me uncle I feel old.  :-[

You have normal hands. I think you posted pics of them on here, before!  :o

Written By: 2001 on 03/04/18 at 8:31 pm

Why does that make you feel old? You were only 3 in 1996 meanwhile his parents graduated from HS in 1996.

They were most likely born in either late 1977 or 1978. So they would be more than 15 years older than you...that makes you feel old? ???

Yeah, 1977/1978 are early millennials in many ways and they feel relatable.

Written By: Wobo on 03/04/18 at 8:32 pm

I only have a Mom.
Oh also she turned 40 in January.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/04/18 at 8:32 pm

Prodanny288 has a mom born in 1982.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/04/18 at 8:34 pm

Yeah, 1977/1978 are early millennials in many ways and they feel relatable.

Really? You feel a relation to people more than 15 years older than you?

My sister was born in late 1983 and I only have a slight relation to here (not talking biologically). Outside of watching some old school cartoons and not growing up with smartphones, there's not much connection between us.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/04/18 at 8:36 pm

I only have a Mom.
Oh also she turned 40 in January.

You must have a father...everyone does.

Is your father not present in your life? Or what?

Written By: Wobo on 03/04/18 at 8:42 pm

You must have a father...everyone does.

Is your father not present in your life? Or what?

No he isn't present in my life and I can't confirm where he is at since it's personal.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/04/18 at 8:45 pm

No he isn't present in my life and I can't confirm where he is at since it's personal.

Fair enough.

Written By: 2001 on 03/04/18 at 8:46 pm

You have normal hands. I think you posted pics of them on here, before!  :o

Did I? What context was that?

How old do you think these hands are? I gave a one star review to these stupid headphones ;D

Really? You feel a relation to people more than 15 years older than you?

My sister was born in late 1983 and I only have a slight relation to here (not talking biologically). Outside of watching some old school cartoons and not growing up with smartphones, there's not much connection between us.

Okay now imagine her having a teenage child.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/04/18 at 8:49 pm

Huh? ???

Written By: 80sfan on 03/04/18 at 9:54 pm

Did I? What context was that?

How old do you think these hands are? I gave a one star review to these stupid headphones ;D

They look young, but I see a vein. From bodybuilding?  :-X  :-X  :o

Written By: 2001 on 03/04/18 at 10:57 pm

They look young, but I see a vein. From bodybuilding?  :-X  :-X  :o

No, from old age!

Written By: aja675 on 03/04/18 at 11:16 pm

medoner pls

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/05/18 at 12:23 am

I see what you did there.  :D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/05/18 at 12:27 am

Oh no :(

Once you hit 40-45, glucosamine and chondroitin, and ibuprofen become your friends.  ;D

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 03/05/18 at 1:11 am

Here's a fact that's gotta make y'all feel old...

Most people that were teenagers in the '90s are now about halfway through their lives right now.

Those born in the '70s are now either in their 40s or are quickly anticipating it, same with those born in 1980.
The average life expectancy in the First World is around 80, though there's also a large chunk that makes it to around 90.
Either way, they're about halfway there.

Written By: #Infinity on 03/05/18 at 1:51 am

* The fact that the last time Rachel Stevens released any new material is as long ago today as the release of the live action Super Mario Bros. movie in 1993.

* S Club 7 debuted closer to the premiere of The Empire Strikes Back than to today.

* Super Smash Bros. Melee is now older now than the original Super Mario Bros. was back when it first came out in 2001.

* Green Day’s Dookie has now been released closer to the 1960s than to today.

* There are now several people born in the 2000s who are legal adults.

* The 1990 version of It had 1960 as its distant past setting. The 2017 It had 1989 as the distant past.

* In less than a week from now, the Backstreet Boys’ first single will be as old as Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon was back when that song debuted.

* The start of Barack Obama’s presidency is closer to the 1990s than it is to now.

* I graduated from college closer to the 2012 Election than to now.

* YouTube today is older than I was back when it first launched.

* Skype was first launched closer to Back to the Future Part II and its prediction that there’d be video call technology by 2015.

Written By: Dundee on 03/05/18 at 4:43 am

My birthyear is now closer to the late 70s than the present day :o

Written By: Dundee on 03/05/18 at 5:03 am

As for the obligatory "I was born closer to than to "

I was born closer to
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FakeImpartialIrishdraughthorse-size_restricted.gif
than to
https://media1.tenor.com/images/76e3bf904ff76ae91cd87b8ffe4247ff/tenor.gif?itemid=8379347

Closer to
https://media2.giphy.com/media/g4rMY2BEDF42c/giphy.gif
than to
https://media1.giphy.com/media/kGdRnb1kF4OmQ/giphy.gif

Funny how time works!

Written By: Howard on 03/05/18 at 5:56 am

me starting to get gray hair. :o

Written By: Howard on 03/05/18 at 5:59 am

Here's a fact that's gotta make y'all feel old...

Most people that were teenagers in the '90s are now about halfway through their lives right now.

Those born in the '70s are now either in their 40s or are quickly anticipating it, same with those born in 1980.
The average life expectancy in the First World is around 80, though there's also a large chunk that makes it to around 90.
Either way, they're about halfway there.

I was born in the 70's.

Written By: Howard on 03/05/18 at 6:01 am

When customers call me "sir" or "mister".

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 03/05/18 at 8:41 am

My birthyear is now closer to the late 70s than the present day :o

You can even say mid 70's.

You were born in February of 1997, right?

Written By: 80sfan on 03/05/18 at 9:14 am

medoner pls

;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/05/18 at 9:56 am

My Age

Written By: unicornic on 03/05/18 at 10:21 am

My brother born in 2006 doesn’t remember the 2000s 😭

Written By: ofkx on 03/05/18 at 1:48 pm

The fact that the 2010s will be the previous decade in a couple of years. The 2000s will be to us what the 70s were to the 90s, which is bizzare since I still think of 2008 as like 5 years ago.

Written By: Dundee on 03/05/18 at 6:28 pm

You can even say mid 70's.

You were born in February of 1997, right?
Yup, but to be fair I don't feel especially old. Of course as long as I don't go read YouTube comments and see things like:

«I was born when this song was released!» (on Tik Tok's video)
;D

Written By: Dundee on 03/05/18 at 6:55 pm

My sis was born in 2005 and has a crappy memory (barely remembers what she did yesterday). So she doesn't remember anything before like 2011, which is kinda tragic :(
Luckily, I was in my late childhood really into video recording and was obsessed with filming every stage of her early years with a video recorder :D
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/416EYJCEQWL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Now all of her precious baby moments are on miniDV cassettes ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/05/18 at 7:57 pm

People in their 20s who think they're "old."  ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/05/18 at 8:32 pm

People in their 20s who think they're "old."  ;D

Watch this video:
iUnobJp3eH0

Written By: Wobo on 03/05/18 at 9:25 pm

Lol same with my sister i was born in 2004 and I remember 2008-2009 my older brother who was born in 1997 remembers all of the 2000s since he's a 2000s kid.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/06/18 at 12:31 am

10 year olds on YouTube make me feel old.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/06/18 at 1:06 am

Watch this video:
iUnobJp3eH0

Overall it was an good video, though I did think it was kind of funny how he got irritated by older people who poked fun at him for saying he felt old and then a couple minutes later, he poked fun at people younger than him in the exact same way for saying the exact same thing.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret: It never ends. Last November at work I mentioned to my union steward that my birthday was coming up. He asked me how old I was going to be and I told him I was turning 47 and then I added, "Sh!t, I'm getting old." My steward, who is in his mid 50's, replied, "Hell, you're not old, you're just a kid!" 

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if in nursing homes, whenever someone who is 75-80 years old starts to complain about being old, there's always that one smartass 100 year-old who yells out, "Aw, pipe down...you're just a baby!"  ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/06/18 at 2:37 am

Overall it was an good video, though I did think it was kind of funny how he got irritated by older people who poked fun at him for saying he felt old and then a couple minutes later, he poked fun at people younger than him in the exact same way for saying the exact same thing.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret: It never ends. Last November at work I mentioned to my union steward that my birthday was coming up. He asked me how old I was going to be and I told him I was turning 47 and then I added, "Sh!t, I'm getting old." My steward, who is in his mid 50's, replied, "Hell, you're not old, you're just a kid!" 

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if in nursing homes, whenever someone who is 75-80 years old starts to complain about being old, there's always that one smartass 100 year-old who yells out, "Aw, pipe down...you're just a baby!"  ;D

Yeah, all of that is the point of the video ;D.

Also, a lot of his off-script comments are meant in jest or humor. So don't take them 100% seriously ;D.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/06/18 at 3:25 am

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a7/55/a9/a755a92a1d1f398e5edd3aa26f02f370.jpg

Written By: Howard on 03/06/18 at 7:38 am

Watch this video:
iUnobJp3eH0

good video.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/06/18 at 9:42 am

good video.

Indeed!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/06/18 at 11:16 am

I was 32 when they reunited and I'm turning 42 this year.

u_GVzGPIVyM

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/06/18 at 2:25 pm

Watch this video:
iUnobJp3eH0

Very good, except the part about older not equating with wiser  ;) ;) ;)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/06/18 at 2:35 pm

I see ;).

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/06/18 at 2:36 pm

I wouldn't necessarily say that. I have supervisors at my job who are in their 60s and they're complete morons.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/06/18 at 3:16 pm

But do some people on here actually feel their age?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/06/18 at 4:21 pm

What makes me feel old?

-My oldest niece just turned 40 (I was my oldest granddaughter's age when she was born).
-The two little boys who I think of as my "honorary nephews" are both in college.
-My oldest granddaughter is in high school.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/06/18 at 5:53 pm

Only when my arthritis (lumbar)  acts up or when my blow out knee says its going to rain.  Otherwise, not a bit

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/06/18 at 6:14 pm

I definitely feel like I'm 18. However, there are moments when I will reminisce on my childhood and the fact that I'm almost 2 decades old and it kind of bums me out :P.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/06/18 at 6:31 pm

I definitely feel like I'm 18. However, there are moments when I will reminisce on my childhood and the fact that I'm almost 2 decades old and it kind of bums me out :P.

Bah...you're just a kid!!!  :D  (j/k)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/06/18 at 6:33 pm

Bah...you're just a kid!!!  :D  (j/k)

:D

Written By: 2001 on 03/06/18 at 6:54 pm

What is feeling 25 supposed to feel like? :P

Written By: Zelek3 on 03/06/18 at 6:57 pm

People a few years younger than me being nostalgic for Chowder, Flapjack, Hannah Montana, Johnny Test, and other things I felt too old for in middle school. :P

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/06/18 at 7:03 pm

What is feeling 25 supposed to feel like? :P

THIS:
https://i.imgur.com/OHT7a9S.jpg

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/06/18 at 7:05 pm

People a few years younger than me being nostalgic for Chowder, Flapjack, Hannah Montana, Johnny Test, and other things I felt too old for in middle school. :P

Zelek, you're acting as if you were born in 1975 or 1985 and not 1995.

There are PLENTY of 1995 borns who are nostalgic for those shows. C'mon man.

Written By: 2001 on 03/06/18 at 7:06 pm

THIS:
https://i.imgur.com/OHT7a9S.jpg

Instead of an iPad me and my friends play on a Switch.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/06/18 at 7:07 pm

Instead of an iPad me and my friends play on a Switch.

Fair enough 8).

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 03/06/18 at 7:27 pm

Zelek, you're acting as if you were born in 1975 or 1985 and not 1995.

There are PLENTY of 1995 borns who are nostalgic for those shows. C'mon man.

Didn't Zelek go by ThePrequelsSuck a few years ago? The same dude that went around trolling for attention on IGN a few years back?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/06/18 at 7:44 pm

Didn't Zelek go by ThePrequelsSuck a few years ago? The same dude that went around trolling for attention on IGN a few years back?

I believe so, yes.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/06/18 at 9:55 pm

Fam, this is just my own opinion. I know there's plenty of 1995 borns who are nostalgic for those shows, but not so much me. Like how a lot of 1985 borns were into Pokemon when it came out in 1998, but some other 1985 borns felt a little too old for it.

I'm just saying bro. You seem to aged yourself by at least a decade or two.

It's OK to be 22 :P.

Written By: Howard on 03/07/18 at 3:20 pm

Only when my arthritis (lumbar)  acts up or when my blow out knee says its going to rain.  Otherwise, not a bit

I don't feel my age, I feel pretty good. :)

Written By: 2001 on 03/07/18 at 3:32 pm

I don't feel my age, I feel pretty good. :)

How does it feel to be 44 compared to when you were 25?

I know most people peak in health sometime in their late 20s/early 30s, so I have not seriously started the aging process yet. I get confused for being 10 years younger and I'm generally athletic, can walk or bike for hours without getting tired etc. But aging is inevitable and I'm wondering when I can expect my body to catch up with me.  :-[

Written By: Howard on 03/07/18 at 3:38 pm

I know most people peak in health sometime in their late 20s/early 30s, so I have not seriously started the aging process yet. I get confused for being 10 years younger and I'm generally athletic, can walk or bike for hours without getting tired etc. But aging is inevitable and I'm wondering when I can expect my body to catch up with me.  :-[

really nothing much has changed, just feeling mature and reading the newspaper more often learning about the world. :)

Written By: 2001 on 03/07/18 at 3:44 pm

really nothing much has changed, just feeling mature and reading the newspaper more often learning about the world. :)

That's good to hear. Hopefully I'll be able to say the same :D (except the reading newspapers part, I already do too much of that haha)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/07/18 at 3:46 pm

I know most people peak in health sometime in their late 20s/early 30s, so I have not seriously started the aging process yet. I get confused for being 10 years younger and I'm generally athletic, can walk or bike for hours without getting tired etc. But aging is inevitable and I'm wondering when I can expect my body to catch up with me. :-[

Eat healthy, don't do drugs and exercise or workout (even when you become old in age).

Written By: 2001 on 03/07/18 at 3:48 pm

Eat healthy, don't do drugs and exercise or workout (even when you become old in age).

Yep, that's my regimen. Aging is still inevitable though from wear and tear :P

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/07/18 at 3:54 pm

Yep, that's my regimen. Aging is still inevitable though from wear and tear :P

Yes but you won't end up being a flabby and sick old person like most others.

There are some strong and healthy old people. Let's both join that club in the future.

Written By: 2001 on 03/07/18 at 4:02 pm

Yes but you won't end up being a flabby and sick old person like most others.

There are some strong and healthy old people. Let's both join that club in the future.

Yeah, I had a 60 year old co-worker at my last job and he was an active mountain biker and really healthy, also ate vegan (not that vegan is automatically healthy, but he ate healthy vegan). He had a lot of energy, I couldn't believe he was 60!

In contrast, my dad who is also 60 isn't in the best state. He's obese, diabetic, and after he comes home from his stressful job he just wants to sit on the couch. I see him get weaker and weaker every year and I'm concerned.  :\'(

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/07/18 at 4:09 pm

Yeah, I had a 60 year old co-worker at my last job and he was an active mountain biker and really healthy, also ate vegan (not that vegan is automatically healthy, but he ate healthy vegan). He had a lot of energy, I couldn't believe he was 60!

In contrast, my dad who is also 60 isn't in the best state. He's obese, diabetic, and after he comes home from his stressful job he just wants to sit on the couch. I see him get weaker and weaker every year and I'm concerned.  :\'(

Damn, that sucks. I hope things go well for your father.

Yeah, we need to start being concerned about our health from now...not later in life.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/07/18 at 6:37 pm

My parents graduated in 1985. High School sweethearts.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/07/18 at 7:44 pm

No, not really.  With me, it's not the fact that I'm 42 in September but it's that I feel younger than I really am.  And I'm going to live life to the fullest.

Written By: Howard on 03/08/18 at 5:55 am

That's good to hear. Hopefully I'll be able to say the same :D (except the reading newspapers part, I already do too much of that haha)

My Father always encouraged me to read books but I stopped and read more newspapers instead.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/10/18 at 10:50 am

The fact that there are kids born early and mid '00s talking about things that make them feel old makes me feel old.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/10/18 at 11:09 am

I know most people peak in health sometime in their late 20s/early 30s, so I have not seriously started the aging process yet. I get confused for being 10 years younger and I'm generally athletic, can walk or bike for hours without getting tired etc. But aging is inevitable and I'm wondering when I can expect my body to catch up with me.  :-https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a7/55/a9/a755a92a1d1f398e5edd3aa26f02f370.jpg

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/10/18 at 11:11 am

The fact that there are kids born early and mid '00s talking about things that make them feel old makes me feel old.

What about when I talk about my childhood?

King T'Shalla

Written By: 2001 on 03/10/18 at 11:31 am

My Father always encouraged me to read books but I stopped and read more newspapers instead.

I need to do the opposite:  read less of the paper and read more books :P

I was going to say something like that but decided against it.  ;D :-X

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a7/55/a9/a755a92a1d1f398e5edd3aa26f02f370.jpg

LOL my boyfriend is 20 years old and while I don't feel that way myself I can understand where you're coming from ;D

Written By: 2001 on 03/10/18 at 11:58 am

I was talking to a 21 year old co-worker about politics (yikes) yesterday and I talked about how I voted in the 2011/2014 elections and he said "Wow you're older than I thought".  :-[ ;D It wasn't that long ago!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/10/18 at 12:30 pm

I was talking to a 21 year old co-worker about politics (yikes) yesterday and I talked about how I voted in the 2011/2014 elections and he said "Wow you're older than I thought".  :-[ ;D It wasn't that long ago!

Most people under 30 don't care about politics like that. Politics is unfortunately considered an "old/older people thing" :P.

Written By: 2001 on 03/10/18 at 1:08 pm

Most people under 30 don't care about politics like that. Politics is unfortunately considered an "old/older people thing" :P.

Oh no, he's the one who brought it up. Other than Trump which is more like a reality TV show than politics, talking about politics in the office is somewhat off-limits, but I guess now that an election is coming up people are becoming more chatty.

Written By: Dundee on 03/10/18 at 1:09 pm

As a fellow 21 year old I can confirm that you're old, Im sorry :P

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/10/18 at 1:39 pm

Oh no, he's the one who brought it up. Other than Trump which is more like a reality TV show than politics, talking about politics in the office is somewhat off-limits, but I guess now that an election is coming up people are becoming more chatty.

I guess so http://www.thecoli.com/data/emoticons/6/3c03d284f105fccdac6d5aa15ec1ed9f.png?t=1490400107

King T'Shalla

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/10/18 at 1:50 pm

LOL my boyfriend is 20 years old and while I don't feel that way myself I can understand where you're coming from ;D

I hadn't been to my neighborhood bar for a few months and I had a hard day at work yesterday so I stopped in after I got done at midnight and had a couple of beers to unwind.  The night crowd is primarily hipsters in their 20s and 30s, and while everyone there has always been nice to me there I still feel like a creepy old man when I go in there.  ;D

Written By: Dundee on 03/11/18 at 9:33 am

Goddamnit, I just stumbled upon on my oldass dusty VHS collection ;D
Not sure what I'm gonna do with this sheesh.

http://i.imgur.com/8znNWaK.jpg

Common 2000s kid problems right here

Written By: #Infinity on 03/11/18 at 6:24 pm

Jodeci's 1993 live cover of Stevie Wonder's 1980 hit "Lately" referred to the original song as an "oldie." By the same logic, anything from 2005 today is also an oldie.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/12/18 at 6:58 pm

More old things.

My first video game console, the SNES, is older today than the original Pong games were back then.
My K5 graduation, which was June 1993, is as old now as 1968 was back then.
Most of the shows I watched during my early childhood years are either 30 years old or close to it.
My first year of junior high school, which was 1998, was before any high school students and half of college students today were born.
When I was a kid, the moon landing was less than 30 years ago, now it's nearly 50 years.

Written By: Dundee on 03/12/18 at 7:21 pm

It's pretty funny the more we move forward the more things which seemed distant at distant are getting closer.

We're at a point where we are equally close to the mid 2030's as we are to the early 2000's which is pretty mind-bongling.

Written By: 2001 on 03/13/18 at 10:39 pm

I just read a Facebook post from an high school acquaintance (who teaches Chemistry in high school now) on how he tried to use Dragon Ball Z and Goku using Kamehameha on Cell to explain sublimation but the kids in his class didn't get the reference.  :\'(

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/13/18 at 10:47 pm

I just read a Facebook post from an high school acquaintance (who teaches Chemistry in high school now) on how he tried to use Dragon Ball Z and Goku using Kamehameha on Cell to explain sublimation but the kids in his class didn't get the reference.  :\'(

WHAAAAAAATTTTTTTT?

https://m.popkey.co/ac3d23/5mRmd.gif

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/13/18 at 10:51 pm

To be fair, I wouldn't get the reference either.  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 03/13/18 at 10:52 pm

Touché ;D

Written By: Jaydawg89 on 03/13/18 at 11:19 pm

2000 being as close to 1982 as it is to today.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 03/13/18 at 11:24 pm

2000 being as close to 1982 as it is to today.

Or 1982 being as close to 1946 as today?

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 03/13/18 at 11:29 pm

Or 1946 being as close to 1874 as today?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/13/18 at 11:30 pm

It's because you didn't grow up in the late '90s and 2000s.

You're old fam :P.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/14/18 at 12:18 am

That's hilarious.  ;D

Written By: Dundee on 03/14/18 at 1:41 am

You remind me of my father ;D

Edit: You're actually as old as my father :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/18 at 3:54 am

My bodily aches and pains!

Written By: Dundee on 03/14/18 at 5:15 am

*People in YouTube comments talking about how they were in Grade 4 when California Gurls came out.

What about being born when California Gurls came out? They are plenty of those too ;D

Written By: mqg96 on 03/14/18 at 6:53 am

What about being born when California Gurls came out? They are plenty of those too ;D

They are way too young to be on the internet  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 03/14/18 at 9:44 am

I saw it in the comments section of the song Everybody Talks by Neon Trees (released in 2012).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H_pRyMShJ0k

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/14/18 at 12:36 pm

Same here.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/14/18 at 12:40 pm

This thread:  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=57255.0

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/18 at 12:51 pm

This thread:  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=57255.0

Cat
I am still trying to find mine!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/14/18 at 1:01 pm

Same here.

Cat

Dragon Ball Z was anime that originally aired in Japan from 1989-1996 but wasn't aired in the US until the late '90s on the programming block called Toonami which was apart of Cartoon Network.

Dragon Ball Z first aired on August 31, 1998 on Toonami and it EXPLODED in popularity in the US among kids and teenagers at the time. That popularity has lasted today and most of the people who grew up watching Dragon Ball Z in the late '90s and 2000s are now 17-30 years old.

You and AL-B are obviously way out of that demographic :P.

Written By: Howard on 03/14/18 at 2:43 pm

You mean The Beach Boys or The David Lee Roth version? ???

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/14/18 at 2:51 pm

You mean The Beach Boys or The David Lee Roth version? ???

There is only one "California Gurls" song.

"California Gurls" by Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dogg which came out in 2010.

Written By: 2001 on 03/14/18 at 3:20 pm

When the quote for your auto insurance dropped because you're not a "young driver" anymore ;D

Written By: 2001 on 03/14/18 at 3:23 pm

I wonder if being referred to as "fam" made Al feel old or young? :D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/14/18 at 3:34 pm

HAHA, I wonder that too ;D.

Written By: Jaydawg89 on 03/14/18 at 10:00 pm

True but, I didn't exist in 1982. Meanwhile, 2000 still seems clear as day despite, 2000 looking very old/dated compared to today.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/15/18 at 1:23 am

You remind me of my father ;D

Edit: You're actually as old as my father :o

You and AL-B are obviously way out of that demographic :P.

All right, I've had just about enough out of you two!  >:( >:( >:(

http://m.memegen.com/0x4ov5.jpg

;)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/15/18 at 1:25 am

Does that^ answer your question?  ;D

Written By: unicornic on 03/15/18 at 9:05 am

I went to an 8 year old girls birthday party last week and I did the calculation on my phone. 2018 - 8 = 2010. This girl was born in 2010. Not even alive in the 2000s. 😭

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/15/18 at 10:02 am

It still trips me out that I was born a full 2 years before 9/11.

The Twin Towers actually existed in my lifetime but they've been gone now for over 16 years. It's so weird but also cool.

I was born closer to the launch of Disney Channel in April 1983 than I am to today :o

Written By: unicornic on 03/15/18 at 10:08 am

The Twin Towers actually existed in my lifetime but they've been gone now for over 16 years. It's so weird but also cool.

I was born closer to the launch of Disney Channel in April 1983 than I am to today :o

Technically I existed on 9/11 despite being born after it ;D

Written By: Dundee on 03/15/18 at 10:11 am

9/11 happened when I was in my last year of kindergarten... Which is not the best way to start a schoolyear. Especially in the sacred years before real school starts...

Edit: The Recession happened in my last year of elementary school too, what's up with that :o

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/15/18 at 10:16 am

Damn, you've never lived in a world where the Twin Towers existed :P.

Written By: TheKid99 on 03/15/18 at 10:19 am

That my cousin born in 2005 is now 13 years old. Wtf is up with that. :/

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/15/18 at 10:20 am

I was born closer these Olympics...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ca/thumb/f/ff/1980_Winter_Olympics_emblem.svg/250px-1980_Winter_Olympics_emblem.svg.png https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0e/b5/82/0eb582452ec30e08c2edf3d1336305fb.jpg

than I was to this future Olympics:

http://www.leonarddavid.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/New_2020_Summer_Olympics_Emblem.svg_.png

Written By: Dundee on 03/15/18 at 10:20 am

Hey my sis too, 13 in 1 month though

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/15/18 at 10:22 am

I have a cousin who was born in March 2004 and she's turning 14 this month (or maybe, she already did).

Written By: 2001 on 03/15/18 at 12:45 pm

I think I might have seen the Twin Towers when I went to New York in 1999 and again in 2001. I didn't know the significance of the building so I didn't remark on it, but I might have glanced in its general direction. ;D

I went to an 8 year old girls birthday party last week and I did the calculation on my phone. 2018 - 8 = 2010. This girl was born in 2010. Not even alive in the 2000s. 😭

I was at a summer camp for kids in 2016 and we were singing campfire songs and it was this 6 year old girl's turn to pick a song, and someone suggested Let It Go by Esla (from Frozen) and she said she doesn't know that movie. I was like 😱 it was only the biggest kid's movie this century and it came out in 2013 haha

But what really made me feel young that day was when we decided to sing Backstreet Boy's I Want It That Way (1998) and I and the other camp counsellors in their 20s were singing at the top of their lungs while the kids were just mumbling reading the lyrics sheet. I guess we got to be the kids for just a few minutes ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/15/18 at 1:00 pm

I think I might have seen the Twin Towers when I went to New York in 1999 and again in 2001. I didn't know the significance of the building so I didn't remark on it, but I might have glanced in its general direction. ;D

I think that my mother passed the Twin Towers with me in a stroller sometime in November or December 1999. I'm not sure though.

However, I have visited the new WTC Complex. I went to the Observation Floor of 1 World Trade Center of June 10th, 2016. The view was AMAZING and the whole experience was cool. You first go up this elevator (lift in Canada) that takes 60 seconds to go up over 100 floors and the elevator (lift) projects the evolution of the NYC skyline all around you from the perspective of the WTC site. You get to see all the iconic buildings that NYC has had throughout history.

It was the second time that I was so high up in a skyscraper. The first time was in December 2005, when my mother and I went to the Empire State Building and it's observation deck.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/15/18 at 1:12 pm

Of course, I've never been to New York, so to me the World Trade Center was something you just looked at on movies and stuff like that. Still, it was shown so many times on so many various things that you felt as if you knew the WTC even if you didn't.

When the significance of September 11 became obvious to me was when I first came across that shot on TV of the empty pile of dust behind the Empire State Building where the WTC had always been.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/15/18 at 1:13 pm

I remember taking a trip to NYC when they were building the "tallest building in the world." Yup, it was the Twin Towers. I was in the "wayback" of our station wagon and trying to look up at the building and couldn't see the top through the car window.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/15/18 at 1:16 pm

I have a cousin who was born in March 2004 and she's turning 14 this month (or maybe, she already did).

Two of my granddaughters are older. Talk about feeling OLD.

Cat

Written By: 2001 on 03/15/18 at 1:17 pm

I think that my mother passed the Twin Towers with me in a stroller sometime in November or December 1999. I'm not sure though.

However, I have visited the new WTC Complex. I went to the Observation Floor of 1 World Trade Center of June 10th, 2016. The view was AMAZING and the whole experience was cool. You first go up this elevator (lift in Canada) that takes 60 seconds to go up over 100 floors and the elevator (lift) projects the evolution of the NYC skyline all around you from the perspective of the WTC site. You get to see all the iconic buildings that NYC has had throughout history.

It was the second time that I was so high up in a skyscraper. The first time was in December 2005, when my mother and I went to the Empire State Building and it's observation deck.

We call it elevator :P

Sounds very impressive. Hopefully I can visit it one day.  NYC would be a cool weekend trip.  8)

I remember taking a trip to NYC when they were building the "tallest building in the world." Yup, it was the Twin Towers. I was in the "wayback" of our station wagon and trying to look up at the building and couldn't see the top through the car window.

Cat

Now that's a blast from the past!

Too bad we outdid your "tallest building in the world" just a few years later eh. ;D (The CN Tower in 1976).

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/15/18 at 2:36 pm

According to most websites, I was conceived a day before 9/11. So who knows if I "technically" existed or not. :o

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/15/18 at 3:13 pm

We call it elevator :P

Oh OK, I was just making sure ;D.

Sounds very impressive. Hopefully I can visit it one day.  NYC would be a cool weekend trip.  8)

I agree! :D 8)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/15/18 at 3:15 pm

According to most websites, I was conceived a day before 9/11. So who knows if I "technically" existed or not. :o

You're either a "The Day Before Baby" or a "9/11 Baby" :P.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/15/18 at 3:18 pm

Cat

That must have been in 1973 or 1974.

Did your parents station wagon look like this? ;D :P

http://bestcarmag.com/sites/default/files/75443461970OldsVistaCruiser_02_700.jpg

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/15/18 at 3:20 pm

You're either a "The Day Before Baby" or a "9/11 Baby" :P.

You mean embryo?  ;D
That's one thing I find interesting and weird about my birthday.

Written By: Howard on 03/15/18 at 3:27 pm

Both my cousins are married with children, one is a nurse and I'm not sure about the other cousin. I can remember back in the late 70's-early 80's both girls were growing up and now have children of their own.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/15/18 at 3:27 pm

You mean embryo?  ;D
That's one thing I find interesting and weird about my birthday.

Nah, I mean baby. Like how someone who was conceived during the Super Bowl or at least near it is called a "Super Bowl Baby".

However, it is definitely a cool (and weird fact).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/15/18 at 4:07 pm

That must have been in 1973 or 1974.

Did your parents station wagon look like this? ;D :P

http://bestcarmag.com/sites/default/files/75443461970OldsVistaCruiser_02_700.jpg

More like this:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a9/66/96/a96696a4280d79336f52d3c05106c84f.jpg

My mother had 3 of them-a red one, a blue one and one that looked similar to this pic.

Cat

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/15/18 at 4:31 pm

More like this:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a9/66/96/a96696a4280d79336f52d3c05106c84f.jpg

My mother had 3 of them-a red one, a blue one and one that looked similar to this pic.

Cat

Cool!

Written By: Rosequartz2000 on 03/16/18 at 9:01 pm

Sonic the Hedgehog. I recently bought Sonic Mania for my PS4, and damn, it makes me feel like a young lass again.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/17/18 at 9:29 am

This doesn’t necessarily make me feel old, but I just realized that 2018 will be the last full year we will have teenagers born in the 90’s, and 2019 will be the last full year we will have teenagers born in the 20th century.

Written By: Dundee on 03/17/18 at 12:19 pm

This doesn’t necessarily make me feel old, but I just realized that 2018 will be the last full year we will have teenagers born in the 90’s, and 2019 will be the last full year we will have teenagers born in the 20th century.
That's pretty interesting! The 2020s teenage culture will be 100% 21th century  ;D.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/18/18 at 11:58 am

The fact that I've had my oldest dog longer than today's current Kindergarteners and first graders were alive.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/18/18 at 1:38 pm

I have toys and clothes older and/or the same age as people like Rainbowz, unicornic, Wobotnik2004, etc :P

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/18/18 at 1:41 pm

I have toys and clothes older and/or the same age as people like Rainbowz, unicornic, Wobotnik2004, etc :P

Do you know when unicornic was born?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/18/18 at 1:43 pm

Do you know when unicornic was born?

Written By: Wobo on 03/18/18 at 1:44 pm

She was born in 2001

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/18/18 at 1:46 pm

Lmao not even close. She was born December 2001.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/18/18 at 1:55 pm

She was born in 2001

Lmao not even close. She was born December 2001.

Really? I could have sworn she said 2003.

Anyways, I still have a toy that is older than her ;D.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/18/18 at 1:57 pm

Really? I could have sworn she said 2003.

Anyways, I still have a toy that is older than her ;D.

When did she say she was born in 2003? ???

Written By: 2001 on 03/18/18 at 1:58 pm

The computer chair I'm sitting on might be older than Wobo. I got it in the summer of 2004, it was probably manufactured before that :P

My Nintendo 64 is older than all of you since I got it September 1998.  8)

Written By: Wobo on 03/18/18 at 2:01 pm

The computer chair I'm sitting on might be older than Wobo. I got it in the summer of 2004, it was probably manufactured before that :P

It's not older than me I was born in May of 2004.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/18/18 at 2:02 pm

When did she say she was born in 2003? ???

I probably got her confused with someone else. Just ignore what I said.

Goddammit ;D.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/18/18 at 2:03 pm

I have a picture of my mom in July of 1993.

OK and?

Written By: Wobo on 03/18/18 at 2:04 pm

OK and?

I was replying to Slowpoke.

Written By: Howard on 03/18/18 at 2:04 pm

My Gameboy is older than you. :P

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/18/18 at 2:05 pm

Mines too! I got it sometime around Christmas 1998 or early 1999.

Written By: 2001 on 03/18/18 at 2:08 pm

It's not older than me I was born in May of 2004.

I know. I said "maybe", since I don't know when exactly it was manufactured, but there's a good chance it was before you were born since I got it in June (unless those things were flying off the shelves).

Written By: 2001 on 03/18/18 at 2:09 pm

My Gameboy is older than you. :P

Oh no ;D I had an Atari that was certainly older than me but my parents probably pawned it long ago.

I bet that Gameboy still works :)

Written By: Dundee on 03/18/18 at 3:22 pm

I'm proud to be younger than this 90s classic :)
gJLIiF15wjQ

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/18/18 at 3:35 pm

I have toys and clothes older than you.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Dundee on 03/18/18 at 3:40 pm

I'm proud to be younger than this 90s classic :)
gJLIiF15wjQ
Not proud I outlive this thing though 8-P:
QtTR-_Klcq8

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/18/18 at 3:57 pm

I have toys and clothes older than you.  ;)

Cat

Yeah, you could be my mother ;D ;).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/18/18 at 4:00 pm

This movie came out 4 months after I was born (November 1999):
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/514JNVTXDWL.jpg

Written By: Wobo on 03/18/18 at 9:45 pm

Shrek 2 came out 14 days after I was born. (May 2004)

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 03/18/18 at 11:27 pm

Kids born when I was a freshman in high school start kindergarten in a few months.

2012-2013 feels like fvcking yesterday to me.

Written By: meesa on 03/18/18 at 11:43 pm

This year is the 30th anniversary of my class graduation.

Written By: Howard on 03/19/18 at 6:09 am

Oh no ;D I had an Atari that was certainly older than me but my parents probably pawned it long ago.

I bet that Gameboy still works :)

I haven't played with it in over 20 years so I don't know until I try.

Written By: yelimsexa on 03/19/18 at 9:32 am

*People half my age drive cars
*MTV Classic includes music from my high school years
*I discovered my first gray hair several months ago
*Today's teens don't know what VHS is
*Many NES games now cost more than what they were when they were new, some even when inflation adjusted, due to collectibility
*I'm twice the age of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Written By: 2001 on 03/19/18 at 9:55 am

Does it feel like that long ago or does it feel like time flew?

*People half my age drive cars
*MTV Classic includes music from my high school years
*I discovered my first gray hair several months ago
*Today's teens don't know what VHS is
*Many NES games now cost more than what they were when they were new, some even when inflation adjusted, due to collectibility
*I'm twice the age of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I have one sole grey beard hair. ;D

My hair is black so I don't mind some of the beard turning grey. I'd have that "salt and pepper" beard, now that's what I call aging gracefully 8)

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nbMvAahhcAA/WbpstCLxXyI/AAAAAAAAApM/bMd-hxIB02s5YOyYITNqTaFhVHhCKtcNACLcBGAs/s1600/salt-n-pepper-beard-grey.png

I'm with you on the NES games. This is why I'm not a collector (that and I have a huge backlog anyway)  :-X

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/19/18 at 12:36 pm

Within the last week, the 30 year mark seem to have come up several times. I guess there was something about 1988.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/20/18 at 7:28 am

Does it feel like that long ago or does it feel like time flew?

I have one sole grey beard hair. ;D

My hair is black so I don't mind some of the beard turning grey. I'd have that "salt and pepper" beard, now that's what I call aging gracefully 8)

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nbMvAahhcAA/WbpstCLxXyI/AAAAAAAAApM/bMd-hxIB02s5YOyYITNqTaFhVHhCKtcNACLcBGAs/s1600/salt-n-pepper-beard-grey.png

I'm with you on the NES games. This is why I'm not a collector (that and I have a huge backlog anyway)  :-X

I have plenty of grey hairs.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/25/18 at 11:00 am

I was in Walgreens the other day and saw something that shook me. There was a sign on the counter that read "Must be born on or before March 2000 to buy tobacco."

It literally feels like only a few years ago when I saw signs that said must be born on or before 1994. Now suddenly we're at 2000?  :o  :o

Written By: 2001 on 03/25/18 at 11:22 am

I was in Walgreens the other day and saw something that shook me. There was a sign on the counter that read "Must be born on or before March 2000 to buy tobacco."

It literally feels like only a few years ago when I saw signs that said must be born on or before 1994. Now suddenly we're at 2000?  :o  :o

Do they get a new sign every month? Sounds wasteful ???

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/25/18 at 11:24 am

Do they get a new sign every month? Sounds wasteful ???

This was on St. Patrick's Day, so it was a special event.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/25/18 at 11:26 am

Why did they specifically give a date that you have to be born on this day or earlier to buy this? ;D
Why didn't they just say "Must be 18 or older"?

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 03/25/18 at 11:45 am

Why did they specifically give a date that you have to be born on this day or earlier to buy this? ;D
maybe because birth date is easier to remember, since it never changes

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/25/18 at 11:52 am

But it's just a lot simpler to say "Must be 18 or older" IMO. Eventually, people born in April 2000 will become adults, so they're going to have to change that sign every month when they could've easily just said you have to be 18 and keep it like that forever.

Written By: 2001 on 03/25/18 at 11:56 am

Who would forget they're 18 or older though lol.

This was on St. Patrick's Day, so it was a special event.

Ah, I see.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/25/18 at 12:02 pm

When checking your ID, all they have to do is look at the birth year. Otherwise, the employees would have to do math to figure out the age of the customer.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/25/18 at 12:32 pm

When checking your ID, all they have to do is look at the birth year. Otherwise, the employees would have to do math to figure out the age of the customer.

Not all people born in 2000 are 18 yet...so they have to look at the month and day.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 03/25/18 at 12:35 pm

Where I live, it's at 1997.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/25/18 at 12:42 pm

Not all people born in 2000 are 18 yet...so they have to look at the month and day.

Yes, they have to check that as well. I was saying they included "March 2000" instead of "18 or older" to make it easier for employees.

Written By: 2001 on 03/25/18 at 12:52 pm

In Canada the DOB is written in YYYY/MM/DD format so it's easy to check. If it was written in month/day/year it would probably take me a while too to figure out if the kid is underage, and I'm good at math.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/25/18 at 1:24 pm

In Canada the DOB is written in YYYY/MM/DD format so it's easy to check. If it was written in month/day/year it would probably take me a while too to figure out if the kid is underage, and I'm good at math.  ;D

In the military we were taught to write the date as 25 Mar 2018 (or 25 Mar 18). It makes it easy so there is no confusion as to "is that number the day or the month?"

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/25/18 at 2:39 pm

or to make it harder bring in your birth certificate.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/25/18 at 2:41 pm

or to make it harder bring in your birth certificate.

That's too extra.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/25/18 at 3:21 pm

Where I live, it's at 1997.

MilleniumChild93 is from Oklahoma. The legal smoking age in Oklahoma is 18.

In most states, the legal smoking age is 21.

Written By: Howard on 03/25/18 at 3:22 pm

That's too extra.

I know, sometimes they might not believe you.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/25/18 at 8:49 pm

I see why you made this comment now. In my original comment I said "all they have to do is look at the birth year." I shouldn't have phrased it that way.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/25/18 at 8:58 pm

I see why you made this comment now. In my original comment I said "all they have to do is look at the birth year." I shouldn't have phrased it that way.

It's no problem! :P

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/25/18 at 9:25 pm

-9ldvvlTVYI

I was 7 years old when this album was released.  I can breathe in the nostalgia of hearing Old Emotions, Tell No Lies, and Romantic Traffic on the radio after a rough day at school.  Hearing Sandy Horne's soulful voice was very soothing to me and made me feel like she was the older sister that I never had.  A September baby just like me.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 03/25/18 at 10:34 pm

I was born closer in time to Devo's "Whip It" than to Silento's "Whip & Nae Nae".

Written By: 2001 on 03/25/18 at 11:38 pm

If we're talking about birth years then I was born almost as close to the inauguration of Richard Nixon as the inauguration of Donald Trump :o

I was born closer to when having gay sex was a criminal offence than when same-sex marriage was legalized nationwide in the US.

I was born closer to the release of Pong than the release of PS4.

I was born closer to the release of the original Star Wars than the Force Awakens.

(Nerdery alert) The UNIX timestamp of my birthdate is less than half in value of the current timestamp, which means I was born closer to beginning of epoch (1 January 1970) than today. (inb4 people born before 1970 say they don't even have a timestamp)

That's about all I can think of the moment. I was born as close to the end of 1967 as today. :o

It would be interesting to hear people born before the 1970s do their own rendition. Maybe "I was born closer to WW1 than the nuclear war with North Korea which hasn't happened yet" ;D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/26/18 at 4:57 pm

If we're talking about birth years then I was born almost as close to the inauguration of Richard Nixon as the inauguration of Donald Trump :o

I was born closer to when having gay sex was a criminal offence than when same-sex marriage was legalized nationwide in the US.

I was born closer to the release of Pong than the release of PS4.

I was born closer to the release of the original Star Wars than the Force Awakens.

(Nerdery alert) The UNIX timestamp of my birthdate is less than half in value of the current timestamp, which means I was born closer to beginning of epoch (1 January 1970) than today. (inb4 people born before 1970 say they don't even have a timestamp)

That's about all I can think of the moment. I was born as close to the end of 1967 as today. :o

It would be interesting to hear people born before the 1970s do their own rendition. Maybe "I was born closer to WW1 than the nuclear war with North Korea which hasn't happened yet" ;D

The second inauguration of Dwight Eisenhower is closer to my birth than the inauguration of Donald Trump.
Pong is as close to my birth as the 6th gen of consoles.

Written By: #Infinity on 08/16/18 at 5:53 am

So, Madonna just turned 60.

This definitely makes me wonder where all the time went.

Written By: Dundee on 08/16/18 at 7:35 am

Still looking good for someone who's approaching retirement age! It would be nice though if she still releases material to go out with a bang :)

Imagine this uselessly try-hard drivel being the last single of an iconic career...
7hPMmzKs62w

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/16/18 at 8:19 am

Will Smith is about to turn 50.....

HGvS_YntBv0

Written By: Wobo on 08/16/18 at 8:33 am

I was a infant and a toddler when videos like these were on youtube

rzLIUgnKY40
KDRAhiBtOrQ

Written By: Wobo on 08/16/18 at 8:38 am

I was a infant and a toddler when videos like these were on youtube

rzLIUgnKY40
KDRAhiBtOrQ

e-r5cKzjwB0

f2OYMPwu0bc

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/16/18 at 11:51 am

My sister just turned 60.

Don't tell her I told you.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/16/18 at 4:04 pm

I can remember when I saw "Like A Virgin" back in 1984.

Written By: meesa on 08/16/18 at 4:48 pm

How about that the movie Grease is officially 40 years old?

And I can no longer say "20 years ago" and be referring to my early 20s?  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 08/17/18 at 7:39 am

How about that the movie Grease is officially 40 years old?

And I can no longer say "20 years ago" and be referring to my early 20s?  :\'(

Wow, I can't believe it, I'm getting OLD! :o

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/17/18 at 9:45 am

Early 2010s YouTube make me feel old. Its over the extreme when I'm older than new celebrities.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 08/22/18 at 8:05 pm

The fact I've had an in-depth conversation with a 2009 born
2005 was 13 years ago
I spent my entire elementary school years during the Bush administration
Pokemon Generation 3 started 15 years ago (the time when most of the original fanbase left the series).
My Birth year is closer to Regan's inauguration than Trump's inauguration.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 08/22/18 at 8:09 pm

Early 2010s YouTube make me feel old. Its over the extreme when I'm older than new celebrities.
Most of them are my age or younger. The early 10s Youtube does look pretty dated, but still modern compared to the late 00s Youtube. You got Youtubers now that were born during the time when Youtube was really blowing up circa (2006-2009).

Written By: mqg96 on 08/22/18 at 8:20 pm

This doesn't make me feel old, but someone made a thread how we're closer to the first day of 2020 than April 2017! When it comes to the next generation in society (kids to parents; parents to grandparents, etc.) I always use the 30 year rule. Once 2020 hits it'll officially be one generation later from 1990 and the 90's will be really old! Just imagine how people felt about the 60's back when the 90's were going on!  :o

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/22/18 at 11:57 pm

When Alan Doyle from GBS plays a few Platinum Blonde songs on the radio that makes me feel old!  But he's a fan of the band.

https://www.mississauga.com/whatson-story/5274242-platinum-blonde-notes-on-relevance-and-cult-status/

Written By: Howard on 08/23/18 at 7:06 am

When I started High School 30 years ago. :o

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/23/18 at 2:22 pm

I went to school in 1980.  :)

Written By: mwalker1996 on 08/23/18 at 3:57 pm

Independence day by Will Smith came out when I was just over a week old.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/18 at 8:15 am

Wow, 38 years ago?  :o

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/27/18 at 10:42 am

Wow, 38 years ago?  :o

Yup.  2020 will mark 40 years since I had been enrolled at my first school, Williamson Rd Junior Public School, in Toronto's East End.  :)

Written By: nally on 08/27/18 at 11:21 am

Yup.  2020 will mark 40 years since I had been enrolled at my first school, Williamson Rd Junior Public School, in Toronto's East End.  :)

It'll also mark that long since I was born! :o

Written By: Howard on 08/28/18 at 7:40 am

Wow, I'm getting old! :o

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/31/18 at 1:04 pm

Wow, I'm getting old! :o

We're all getting older Howard unless you're still 30 years old and below!  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/31/18 at 2:36 pm

No, I'm in my mid 40's and I still feel young and in my prime. ;)

No Howard, what I mean is that some of the people that are on our boards right now are under 30 years old.

Written By: Dundee on 11/30/18 at 4:42 am

What is considered as school though? Preschool counts too?

Because if that's the case next year will mark 20 years since I started school, and 10 years since I started middle school :o :o

Written By: 2001 on 11/30/18 at 7:03 am

Because if that's the case next year will mark 20 years since I started school, and 10 years since I started middle school :o :o

That's next year, so enjoy your youth while you can ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/30/18 at 7:13 am

It's been 40 years since I started Kindergarten. :o

Written By: 2001 on 11/30/18 at 7:16 am

It's been 40 years since I started Kindergarten. :o

Damn, almost (?) half century :o It was 21 years ago for me, but I barely recall it, so it does genuinely feel like a long time ago. Pre-school--23 years ago now--I don't remember AT ALL, may as well be 50 years ago, to be honest.

Written By: Howard on 11/30/18 at 7:29 am

Damn, almost (?) half century :o It was 21 years ago for me, but I barely recall it, so it does genuinely feel like a long time ago. Pre-school--23 years ago now--I don't remember AT ALL, may as well be 50 years ago, to be honest.

Yes, I feel old!  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/18 at 10:32 am

My back makes me feel old today!

Written By: nally on 12/17/18 at 5:14 pm

I actually have memories of being in preschool, some of which are probably fuzzy, but for me that was almost 35 years ago. :o

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/17/18 at 9:56 pm

I actually have memories of being in preschool, some of which are probably fuzzy, but for me that was almost 35 years ago. :o

When I was little back in the stone age there wasn't any "pre-school".  Kindergarten was the earliest thing you could do. (There was nursery school, but that was a whole other thing). I still can't wrap my mind around the concept of "pre-school". You're either in school or you aren't. And from what I  gather, in today's day and age pre-school seems to be what kindergarten used to be some years ago, and Kindergarten fulfills the function of what used to be first grade. Kids even get report cards in kindergarten now. That was unheard of when I was that age. What were they gonna do, grade me on fingerpainting?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 12/17/18 at 10:48 pm

When I was little back in the stone age there wasn't any "pre-school"... (There was nursery school, but that was a whole other thing)...

I was in nursery school in the early 60's, ages 2 (so I'm told) to 4.  It was at a lady's house, in the basement - there were about a dozen of us, including me and my older brother (a year apart).  I have a number of distinct (albeit fuzzy) memories from then.  It was fun - somewhat unstructured - there were learning opportunities but a lot of play time, and nap time (I recall being punished vehemently once for violating nap time  :-[).  I liked it - the lady host had a big swing set and a sandbox.  I was an early reader - not necessarily just because of nursery school but it probably helped.  By the time my younger brother was of that age  (5 years out) preschool had come into play, and I had the impression it was much more structured than the nursery school I attended.  Plus it was at "a building" as opposed to someone's house.  But I know he got quite a bit out of it, learning-wise, not to mention social-wise.

Written By: Howard on 12/18/18 at 7:48 am

I know, time goes by so fast within a blink of an eye. :o

Written By: 2001 on 12/18/18 at 7:04 pm

When I was little back in the stone age there wasn't any "pre-school".  Kindergarten was the earliest thing you could do. (There was nursery school, but that was a whole other thing). I still can't wrap my mind around the concept of "pre-school". You're either in school or you aren't. And from what I  gather, in today's day and age pre-school seems to be what kindergarten used to be some years ago, and Kindergarten fulfills the function of what used to be first grade. Kids even get report cards in kindergarten now. That was unheard of when I was that age. What were they gonna do, grade me on fingerpainting?

Over here kindergarten is like regular school but lasts half a day. Pre-school is basically babysitting.

Written By: yelimsexa on 12/19/18 at 6:57 am

*The latest winning singer of The Voice, Chevel Shepherd, was born the same year her coach, Kelly Clarkson won American Idol.
*2018 is the first year that any '00s revival is taking off, and I don't like the '00s nearly as much as I do with the '80s/'90s.
*I saw a photo that looks like it's Madonna that looks good for her age recently, only to find out that it was Christina Aguilera, 23 years her junior
*The stars of the '70s/'80s are increasingly being spotlighted in the news upon their death, not their nostalgia
*Mariah Carey will be 50 in just a few months, despite on a Jeopardy! clue last night with her name being a clue in the "#1 songs" category with Alex Trebek referring to her as a "young lady", though it figures since he's 30 years her senior. Her debut album is now as old today as Barbra Streisand's first album was back then.
*The only two classic rock artists who hit the Top 200 album charts this year with new albums were Paul McCartney and U2, and U2 wasn't originally considered classic rock, and both of them weren't in the top 100. Even 2018 shows a downward trend of top-selling tours by classic rock artists as more and more of them retire or pass on.
*The release of the Nintendo GameCube is older today than the release of the NES was at the time, and I still don't really consider the GameCube a "classic system" since I didn't play it as much as I did with NES, SNES, and N64
* I remember when I was a little kid when my parents bought their first CD player and first CD (the soundtrack to Dirty Dancing), seeing how cool it was compared to the cassettes that dominated at the time, and now Best Buy and many other electronics stores no longer sell them

Written By: nally on 01/05/19 at 1:15 am

Over here kindergarten is like regular school but lasts half a day. Pre-school is basically babysitting.

That's how it was for me too (in the U.S.). At noon the school day was over and we went home. My mom always picked me up.
Starting in first grade I was in school for the whole day. (That is, 8:whatever to 2:whatever.)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/29/19 at 12:58 pm

That's how it was for me too (in the U.S.). At noon the school day was over and we went home. My mom always picked me up.
Starting in first grade I was in school for the whole day. (That is, 8: whatever to 2: whatever.)

Here in Ontario, we have full-day Kindergarten... I'm glad that we have Kindergarten at all because kids who are that young really need that time in their lives to socialize.  But now the Doug Ford Government is planning to get rid of the full-day Kindergarten because of the cost.

Written By: Howard on 01/29/19 at 2:29 pm

Here in Ontario, we have full-day Kindergarten... I'm glad that we have Kindergarten at all because kids who are that young really need that time in their lives to socialize.  But now the Doug Ford Government is planning to get rid of the full-day Kindergarten because of the cost.

Man I remember when I was in Kindergarten, that was 40 years ago!  :o

Written By: Contigo on 01/24/22 at 7:40 pm

I'm 64 now. When people were 64 on the day I was born, they'd have to be born in the 1890s.
That makes me feel old.

Written By: meesa on 01/24/22 at 11:05 pm

Made a reference to watery tarts throwing swords are no basis for creating a system of government and...crickets.
This was a Zoom call with twenty somethings.  :(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/25/22 at 1:52 pm

My oldest granddaughter is now 18-driving and will graduate high school this year.

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/25/22 at 1:55 pm

Made a reference to watery tarts throwing swords are no basis for creating a system of government and...crickets.
This was a Zoom call with twenty somethings.  :(

We are the knights who say NI!

Written By: JacobThePlante on 02/07/22 at 5:31 pm

I'm only 22 but I already have some moments like this, specifically with music because that's my biggest cultural interest.

I remember growing up in 2009 - 2012, how futuristic the music of the time was. All the electro stuff really made it feel like we were in the future. Now you listen to that stuff and it sounds outdated. Crazy!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/07/22 at 6:27 pm

We are the knights who say NI!

We want a shrubbery.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 02/08/22 at 3:25 am

reminiscing about old toy stores.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/22 at 8:53 am

We want a shrubbery.

Cat
You must return here with a shrubbery, or else, you will never pass through this wood... alive.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/08/22 at 8:55 am

Thinking about Monty Python makes me feel old.

Written By: Contigo on 02/08/22 at 9:22 am

When people 20, 30 or 40 years younger than me feel old.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/08/22 at 10:01 am

When people 20, 30 or 40 years younger than me feel old.

Good one! Although I do empathize when young people feel they are old. It's all relative, and I remember I too thought I was old in earlier parts of my life like my early 20s. There appears to be something about the teenage years that makes you reluctant to leave them despite the cataclysmic ups and downs. This was beautifully summed up, of course, by Neil Young in his famous song "Sugar Mountain".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekPAvkw7y6U

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/08/22 at 1:45 pm

Good one! Although I do empathize when young people feel they are old. It's all relative, and I remember I too thought I was old in earlier parts of my life like my early 20s. There appears to be something about the teenage years that makes you reluctant to leave them despite the cataclysmic ups and downs. This was beautifully summed up, of course, by Neil Young in his famous song "Sugar Mountain".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekPAvkw7y6U

That songs brings me back to another place, another time.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 02/09/22 at 6:18 pm

Ralph Macchio is 60 and he looks like this.  That makes me feel old

https://www.thecoldwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Ralph-Macchio-2-1024x683.jpg

Written By: Howard on 02/10/22 at 3:27 am

Ralph Macchio is 60 and he looks like this.  That makes me feel old

https://www.thecoldwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Ralph-Macchio-2-1024x683.jpg

I can't believe he's 60, that's crazy!  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...