inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your favourite decade for rock music?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/31/17 at 12:46 am

I thought this would be an interesting idea for a topic. What is your favourite decade for rock music and why?

Personally, my favourite decade for rock music (and music in general) are the '90s. It was a creative and innovative period of time for music, and this was reflected in a lot of the releases from the decade. The one thing I really like about rock music from the '90s is not just how diverse it was, but also how original and authentic the releases were. Most of the grunge/post-grunge acts of the '90s are my favourite bands as well. :)

Subject: Re: Your favourite decade for rock music?

Written By: DesiredUsernameWasTaken on 08/31/17 at 6:23 am

The 60's were indisputably the greatest decade for rock.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/8c/da/60/8cda60d22158f6987807aa3344a47259.jpg

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/31/17 at 6:25 am

Not surprisingly, I went with the 70's.  The late 60's set up Rock music on a tee, and the 70's crushed it.  It was pure, it was gritty, it was free.  Who better to express Rock in all its glory than Led Zeppelin?  Yet they weren't alone - this decade saw Rock music hit its glory days.  From Southern Rock to Progressive Rock to just plain Hard Rock, the 70's saw it all.  8)

Written By: Howard on 08/31/17 at 7:30 am

1970's and 1980's.

Check for new replies or respond here...