inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Year Ever

Written By: Lizardmatum on 10/17/17 at 3:29 pm

Personally the best year of my life by far, 2011 saw my life get taken to new heights. I took part in a big teenager choir show production that took 4 months to prepare for and made a whole load of new friends. The show was a goodhearted and wholesome experience that showed that teenagers could be dedicated and do big things defying the stereotype of the typical awkward teenager in the process.

At the same time since I've always wanted to be an animator I was making an animated stop motion film with my best friend. Which we entered in a school talent show and ended up going down a storm. For this I won the junior arts award in my school.

It was also the 25th anniversary of my school later on that year and we had loads of events like having a dance where the whole school took part. Funnily enough at one point I ended up dancing with and linking arms with my principal!  ;D It was a lot of fun. We also had a sports day and a Boat trip and a trip to the capital of Ireland (Dublin.) not to mention the choir I was in took part in a Christmas special that was broadcast all over Ireland at the end of the year!

So many good memories from this year. ::) I loved the pop music too. It was upbeat and party like. The atmosphere to me felt so sunny and relaxed.
Overall 2011 is a year I will never forget

I'm curious. What is your favorite year ever and why?

Subject: Re: Favorite Year Ever

Written By: bchris02 on 10/17/17 at 3:59 pm

Hmm....this is a tough one.  Even some years that I consider great, like 2008 and 2011, have aspects to them that weren't so great.

However, I think I would have to go with 1997.  I was 11 going on 12 that year.  I was like stuck between childhood and adolescence.  It was a very carefree era. The summer of 1997 was one of the most fun, memorable summers of my entire life.  I spent almost all summer playing Sega Genesis and N64 with my best friend.  My parents had fallen out of church that year so I enjoyed more freedom than probably any other year of my upbringing.

Written By: 2001 on 10/17/17 at 5:21 pm

1994. The video games! *_* 1997 and 1998 are pretty good too.

Personal life wise, it's between 2017, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2014 I honestly get annoyed at ranking them since they're all in a category of 'near perfect' ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 10/17/17 at 5:33 pm

I'm going with 1993. That Summer was one of the best I have ever experienced. I was young, I had my gorgeous long hair. I spent my days with friends, we listened to the top 40 songs, we visited with other friends. That year before the Summer began a good friend of mine attended her senior year prom. I was still on Middle/Jr. High school, but it was nice having a friend who was in high school. We would buy blank cassettes and record our favorite songs on them. We always used TDK tapes, they were the best for recording music. We would also walk to our corner store and buy food that wasn't good for us, some popular foods/candies back then:

- Now & Laters
- Chick o sticks
- Salt & Vinegar chips
- Sixlets
- Blue Raspberry Charms pops(these were sooo sour!)
- Star Crunch

Written By: Longaotian00 on 10/17/17 at 5:42 pm

2007 & 2011 :)

Written By: #Infinity on 10/17/17 at 5:43 pm

I’d say 2005 is the best year so far in my personal life. This was when I was head-over-heels in love with Dance Dance Revolution, which got me into shape, expanded my musical tastes, and gave me countless hours of pure, undiluted bliss. Additionally, I had fun writing and reading music and game reviews on Amazon, I had adjusted to the challenges of middle school, and I was willfully in tune with the popular music of the day until autumn. The only downside is that I was still adjusting to adolescent feelings and knew I didn’t stand a ghost of a chance at finding love yet, but even then, these issues did not bring me down nearly as badly as they would in later years.

Written By: TheEarly90sFan on 10/17/17 at 6:36 pm

Some highlights from that year:

- “The Simpsons” premiered on FOX and Bart shirts were everywhere.

- “Twin Peaks” premiered on ABC.

- Total Recall, Edward Scissorhands, Goodfellas, Ghost, and Pretty Woman were all in theaters.

‘91 and ‘92 were good years for pop culture, also.

Written By: John Titor on 10/18/17 at 4:02 pm

I’d say 2005 is the best year so far in my personal life. This was when I was head-over-heels in love with Dance Dance Revolution, which got me into shape, expanded my musical tastes, and gave me countless hours of pure, undiluted bliss. Additionally, I had fun writing and reading music and game reviews on Amazon, I had adjusted to the challenges of middle school, and I was willfully in tune with the popular music of the day until autumn. The only downside is that I was still adjusting to adolescent feelings and knew I didn’t stand a ghost of a chance at finding love yet, but even then, these issues did not bring me down nearly as badly as they would in later years.

The summer of 2005 was amazing, I felt like every day was something new

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/19/17 at 1:35 am

Any year or decade is good when you are blessed with God's Gracious Gift of being alive.

Written By: violet_shy on 10/19/17 at 2:59 pm

Any year or decade is good when you are blessed with God's Gracious Gift of being alive.

That's sweet!  :)

Written By: Rainbowz on 10/20/17 at 4:42 pm

2013 was probably the best year for me honestly. It was the last year of my true childhood and I met tons of people that year that I still chat with to this day. The summer of 2013 was probably the best summer I've ever experienced. Wish I could relive it tbh

Written By: Emman on 10/20/17 at 8:08 pm

I was 11 going on 12 that year.  I was like stuck between childhood and adolescence.

This is precisely what made 1997 awkward and unsettling for me, being that we were both born in '85.

It was the feeling of my childhood coming to an end that year that made it not so great. :-\\

For me 2000 was the most enjoyable year I've experienced.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 10/24/17 at 12:39 pm

In my lifetime, 2005, 2003,2007, and 2008 are my favs. This decade, 2013 and 2017.
But overall I'd go with 2005 overall.

Written By: Dundee on 03/19/18 at 8:32 am

2015 2015 2015 2015 2015 2015 2015 2015 2015 2015 2015 2015 2015 2015 2015

Honorable mentions: 2003, 2015, 1997, 2015 and 2015

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/19/18 at 9:18 am

2004, 2005, 2008 - 2011 were the best years for me. I'm sure there will be more to come.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 03/19/18 at 10:16 am

First semester of sophomore year was the best. I went to a lot of parties, got my first kiss, went to my first dance, I was no longer a freshman nervously trying to keep quiet about my age, yet I was still an underclassman whom felt cool hanging out with the seniors at the time (2014), I made tons of friends with people in all 4 grades, and I joined the Debate team.

Hard to believe that was now almost 5 years ago. 2013 was yesterday to me, I could close my eyes and put myself back in time to that year. The atmosphere, my surroundings, the conversations I had, I honestly can't believe that it was that long ago.

Written By: unicornic on 03/19/18 at 10:26 am

2012 was the best year of my life. I was a hardcore JB fan (rainbow, you already knew that!) ;D speaking of rainbow I met this wonderful woman on Sept 28 2012. We met on Pandanda (which closed a month after we met) so we got each other on YouTube and we made videos. We went trolling on pandanda together while going on ooVoo with Justin Bieber music playing in the background. We would make a plan to meet up on pandanda every Friday and Saturday night to have an online sleepover on pandanda with a few other people. Oh I so wish I could go back.

Written By: 2001 on 03/19/18 at 4:38 pm

1994. The video games! *_* 1997 and 1998 are pretty good too.

Personal life wise, it's between 2017, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2014 I honestly get annoyed at ranking them since they're all in a category of 'near perfect' ;D

Me and you
You and me
Let's go back, let's go back
2014 is calling
I've been on my knees and crawling
Back to you!
It's coming all back to me
2014!

----

Or how about

Got my first real hoverboard
Bought it for cheap online
Rode it till my legs got sore
Was the summer of 2014
Me and some guys from school
Had a Dota 2 clan and we tried real hard
Till we quit, till we got married
Should've known we'd never get far
But when I look back now
Those summers seem to last forever
And if I had the choice
Yeah, I'd always wanna be there!
Those were the best days of my life!

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/19/18 at 4:45 pm

I would have to say 2003 followed by 2016.

Cat

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/19/18 at 4:48 pm

2012 was the best year of my life. I was a hardcore JB fan (rainbow, you already knew that!) ;D speaking of rainbow I met this wonderful woman on Sept 28 2012. We met on Pandanda (which closed a month after we met) so we got each other on YouTube and we made videos. We went trolling on pandanda together while going on ooVoo with Justin Bieber music playing in the background. We would make a plan to meet up on pandanda every Friday and Saturday night to have an online sleepover on pandanda with a few other people. Oh I so wish I could go back.

Omg remember when we were trolling this dude at the Purple Door and trying to get him to be our boyfriend but he kept saying no, and you and I were in an ooVoo call and you started playing "As long as you love me" by Justin Bieber and you sang the lyrics to him?  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: 2001 on 03/19/18 at 4:50 pm

I would have to say 2003 followed by 2016.

Cat

What happened in 2016, if that's not too personal? :)

I think you said 2003 was your wedding?

Written By: Lyndialy on 03/19/18 at 5:16 pm

I would pick 2014. Made new friends, my aunt got married; the wedding was a blast, went to a vacation to Shanghai China that summer, and most importantly, my brother was born.

Written By: bchris02 on 03/19/18 at 5:26 pm

The second half of 2009 through the first half of 2010.  I have a hard time seeing my life being that exciting ever again.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 03/19/18 at 5:51 pm

Year I was not alive to witness: 1984

Year I was alive to witness: A tie between 2006 and 2007

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/19/18 at 6:18 pm

What happened in 2016, if that's not too personal? :)

I think you said 2003 was your wedding?

Yup-2003 was our wedding. And I had a blast planning the wedding.

2016 was Carlos' 70th. We had a major party with all of his kids-grandkids. Only one son-in-law didn't make it. Again, I had a blast planning. I love planning major to-dos. You can see the pic from the party here: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=11334.2010 (BTW, we now have another granddaughter who was born last year.)

We also bought a new car that year, and had the BEST yard sale EVER (made over $400). We also took a trip to Connecticut to visit two of my sisters. Overall, it was a pretty good year.

Cat

Written By: Wobo on 03/20/18 at 12:22 pm

2012 because I moved that year and I made 3 best friends in 3rd grade and also 3rd grade was an awesome year!
And I made some good friends in my neighborhood that I moved to and some nostalgic memories from watching Vortexx when I didn't have cable until late 2012.

Written By: Wobo on 03/20/18 at 12:35 pm

2013 was probably the best year for me honestly. It was the last year of my true childhood and I met tons of people that year that I still chat with to this day. The summer of 2013 was probably the best summer I've ever experienced. Wish I could relive it tbh

I still chat with two of my friends I've met in 2012.

Check for new replies or respond here...