inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Laid-Back Album Cuts Thread

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/13/18 at 10:48 pm

There are some songs that make you wanna jump out of your chair and launch into a breakdance.  But there are those other songs - the slower, softer songs that make you want to curl up in your easy chair, kick your feet up, grab a tasty beverage and go "Aaaaaaaah".  Here's a thread dedicated to those laid-back gems.

How about highlighting songs that are NOT big hits, like album cuts.  Those songs that were a pleasant surprise on that album you bought.  Songs some of us won't know.  Post a video.

I'll start:

The Stylistics - You're As Right As Rain (1972)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaP0UcDWDOA

Subject: Re: The Laid-Back Album Cuts Thread

Written By: whistledog on 02/15/18 at 5:44 pm

Here is one by a band that never had a BIG hit.  They were called Industry, and in 1983, they became a one hit wonder with a fantastic song called 'State of the Nation' that made the lower reaches of the US Hot 100.

From their album was a track called 'Romantic Dreams'.  Never a single, but it should have been because it is so great!

N-svTH5oDVQ

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/16/18 at 10:20 pm

Here is one by a band that never had a BIG hit.  They were called Industry, and in 1983, they became a one hit wonder with a fantastic song called 'State of the Nation' that made the lower reaches of the US Hot 100.

From their album was a track called 'Romantic Dreams'.  Never a single, but it should have been because it is so great!

N-svTH5oDVQ

Never heard of them - but I like that song!  :)

Written By: piecesof93 on 02/16/18 at 10:47 pm

I love smooth laidback songs.

Here's some more recent ones that I like:

Toni Braxton - Long As I Live (2018)
ccQJq3gGt4o

Lloyd - Valentine (2007)
9DgtcnxKdTs

Written By: whistledog on 02/21/18 at 9:25 pm

Here is one from 1985 called Caught in the rain by the group Quarterflash.  It is from their 3rd album Back into blue, which was not a smash success, but in some cases, album tracks are just as good as the singles.  This one is proof ...

fUn9e_4j4Fs

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/21/18 at 10:37 pm

This one's from Gino Vannelli's 1978 album Brother to Brother, an album I'm quite fond of on the whole.

Gino Vannelli - People I Belong To
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UkDObbiXpY

Check for new replies or respond here...