inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your experience with girls in High School? (or boys if you're female)

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 02/21/18 at 6:47 pm

Now here's a topic that I thought sounded kinda fun to discuss.
All 4 years of high school, what was your experience like with the opposite gender?

Freshman year (2012-2013) = This year, I was still dating a girl the same grade as me that I started dating in middle school. Plus, since I was a Freshman, it certainly wasn't my year to be a field player. I did have a few Senior girls call me "cute", but I certainly wasn't like a "cute little boy toy" for them, and chances are they likely mistook me for an upperclassman, as I was much taller than most in my grade, and blended myself in with the upperclassmen as a result.

Sophomore year (2013-2014) = That girl I was dating moved to Texas during summer between Freshman and Sophomore year, and we had to break up as a result... but no worries. This year, I got my first kiss, from a girl whom was a year older than me. I also started becoming more flirtatious this year, even with the Senior girls being that they were only 2 or even 1.5 years older than me.

Junior year (2014-2015) = This was my field-play year right here. I flirted with many girls throughout the entire school this year.

Senior year (2015-2016) = This year I began dating a girl two grades younger than me. I also mostly avoided the Freshman girls, as at my school, a Senior boy dating a Freshman girl would always be branded as a "pedophile", and lose respect from the girls in his own grade.

What were your experiences like regarding this?

Subject: Re: Your experience with girls in High School? (or boys if you're female)

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/21/18 at 7:03 pm

1990-1992 Junior year: I was shy and awkward and the boys were rude and mean.  I almost wanted to drop out because of it.
1993-1994 Senior year: I wasn't the least bit interested in boys or dating at all. I just wanted to hang out with my girlfriends at the mall.  I was, what was often referred to as the 90s version of a "mall rat" so to speak.

Subject: Re: Your experience with girls in High School? (or boys if you're female)

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/21/18 at 7:08 pm

Freshmen year (2016-2017):
I didn't date in this school year, but I started talking more to my crush that I started liking in the beginning of 8th grade. We got along very well and we talked to each other on Snapchat and I'd text him in class complaining about the teachers and school. He would agree with me all the time. He is extremely hot but it was too bad that he already had a girlfriend.

Sophmore year (2017-2018):
I started crushing on another guy that I was friends with throughout my childhood. On Valentine's Day, I really wanted to get him a gift, like flowers or candy, but then I overheard him say in school that he likes someone else and he wanted to get them a gift, which really made me feel insecure. So I didn't get him a gift because I thought the girl would get jealous or something. I still talk to him a lot and I still really like him. I wish I had the courage to tell him that I like him.

Written By: 2001 on 02/21/18 at 7:11 pm

I'm gay so both genders weren't very kind to me during my high school years. I didn't date in high school, since I didn't know anyone else who was gay, and even if I did I wouldn't be open about our relationship, that would have been very dangerous and almost unthinkable back then. :o

I felt more comfortable talking to girls than guys during the early years, since macho dudebro culture was really huge among teen boys in the 2000s, and being a more nerdy dude, I had nothing in common with most of them. Some of the dudebro culture faded away towards the end (2009/2010), that's when I made more guy friends. I guess at the beginning my friends were 70/30 in favour of girls, and towards the end it was 50/50.

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/21/18 at 8:19 pm

I'm 16 and I still don't talk to girls, I'm such a chicken  :-\\

Lol, that's fine. I haven't even dated or had my first kiss yet, I've only been crushing hard and that's it. ;D

Written By: nally on 02/21/18 at 11:21 pm

I was in high school from 1994-1998, and it was during my sophomore year (1995-96) that I really started to get popular with girls. And it was early in my junior year (October 1996, to be exact) when I first got a hug from one!

Written By: #Infinity on 02/22/18 at 2:21 pm

Consistent failure. I wasn’t integrated into my generation’s predominant culture, had shoddy social skills, and took rejection unhealthily personally.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/22/18 at 6:23 pm

In my sophomore year, I had my first boyfriend who was 23. It didn't work out-I was WAY too immature for him.

Then, later in the school year when people asked me what my favorite subject was, I said, "Art." The thing was, I didn't take an art class-I was referring to my boyfriend.  :D ;D ;D ;D He was my first love. We broke up in that summer-not because we got into a disagreement or anything, but he felt like my parents were keeping us apart. I did keep in touch with him for awhile and kept in touch with his mother until just a few years ago.

In my junior year, I dated a guy who was 10 years older than I was.  :o My parents had no idea I was seeing this guy.

In my senior year, I dated a guy who I look back at and think, "What the hell was I thinking?" He was also older and was out of school. (Yeah, I always had a thing for older guys-Art was one of the few exceptions.) After I graduated, I realized that I was going to go someplace and he wasn't. The breakup was really strange. I was in the backyard when he called. I don't know if it was my mother or step-father who took the call. I told them to tell him that I wasn't there because I just didn't want to talk to him at that moment. I called him back about an hour or so later and told him that I took a walk. (Well, I was walking-in my backyard so technically I wasn't REALLY lying. ;) ;D ;D ) He ask me, "How many did you have?" I asked him, "How many what?" He said, "Beers. Going to a bar is the only thing to do in that town." (Drinking age was 18 back then.) I told him again that I was taking a walk. Then he said, "Call me when you are willing to tell me the truth" (or something like that) and he hung up. That was it. End of relationship. I wasn't hurt, didn't cry, nothing. In fact, I was kind of relieved. I often wondered how long it took before he realized that I was never going to call him back.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...