inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How different would it be if you were born 12 years later?

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/24/18 at 9:54 pm

I wanted to make this thread because I was inspired by other threads that were similar to this, and since 12 years is a whole Chinese Zodiac cycle, I thought this thread would be particularly interesting. :P
If I was born in June 2014:
-I would be only three years old turning four
-This year would've been the first year I'd vividly remember!
-I would've grown up with a lot more technology
-I wouldn't even be able to remember 2014-2016 which means I wouldn't even remember the mid-2010's at all
-My baby pictures would've been taken with an iPhone, and I'd have a lot more of them to look back on since they would most likely be posted on social media.
-I would've been born when awful songs like "Anaconda" were popular 8-P
-Instead of playing with Barbies and Dollhouses, I'd most likely be playing games on the app with an iPad
-I'd start elementary school in 2019, MS in 2025, and HS in 2028, and graduate in 2032. :o
-I'd still have the same Chinese Zodiac sign (since it's 12 years apart)
-I would've been conceived in September 2013 which means I would've never existed in the early 2010's

All of this just makes me happier I wasn't born at that time. ;D

Subject: Re: How different would it be if you were born 12 years later?

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 10:07 pm

12 years later LOL I wish
I would be born in 2016
I would be a 2020s kid
I would be 1 right now and be 2 this year.
I wouldn't have cared about the election of 2016 since I would be a baby
I would not go to middle school until 2027
And I would be in the eighth grade until like 2029
Any ways as much as I love 2016 i would not want to be born in that year 8-P

Written By: prodanny288 on 02/24/18 at 10:12 pm

I can’t do it man. If I were born in 2014 my life would be insane. I’d miss out on great TV Shows. I wouldn’t have any idea who Jake Long is. I’d grow up with new crappy Nickelodeon. My iPhone would’ve been a true friend cause they were always there since birth.

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 10:15 pm

I can’t do it man. If I were born in 2014 my life would be insane. I’d miss out on great TV Shows. I wouldn’t have any idea who Jake Long is. I’d grow up with new crappy Nickelodeon. My iPhone would’ve been a true friend cause they were always there since birth.

Nickelodeon is actually doing good now imo. Their schedule is utterly boring sometimes though

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 02/24/18 at 10:20 pm

December 2009, in the C/O 2028

- I would've had my baby photos posted on Facebook

- I would've never experienced a world without Netflix and smartphones

- I would've started elementary school after Trump started campaigning.

- I would've been in 1st Grade when Trump won the election

This is a huge, drastic difference right here. It definitely makes me stand by my word of 12 years being a generation gap, but I'd even say the difference between me and someone born in December 1985 is probably not as drastic as this.

Written By: prodanny288 on 02/24/18 at 10:23 pm

Nickelodeon is actually doing good now imo. Their schedule is utterly boring sometimes though

Haha, well I’m too old for Nickelodeon at this stage in my life but my 6 year old sister watches it. I still think it was way better back then.
Sorry, I’ll take off my rose-tinted glasses now.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/24/18 at 10:26 pm

If was born in July 2011:

*I would be 6 years and 7 months old currently.
*I would currently be in the 1st grade.
*I would be watching current cartoons and TV shows on CN, Nickelodeon & Disney Channel.
*I would have no knowledge of the 2000s.
*I would have not known a world without smartphones.
*I would have been born during Barack Obama's first term.
*I would have been born in the same year that Thor, Moneyball, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Help & Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows came out.
*I would have been born in the same year that Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, New Girl & Once Upon a Time premiered.
*I would have been born in the same year that these video games came out:

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2. Portal 2
3. Batman: Arkham City
4. Battlefield 3
5. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
7. L.A. Noire
8. Dark Souls
9. Saints Row: The Third
10. Gears of War 3

All of that is crazy to think about! :o

Written By: 2001 on 02/24/18 at 10:26 pm

I would be born the same year as my little sister (2005). I think it would be super cool. One of my sister's friends is a lesbian and she doesn't appear to get bullied at school like I was for being gay. Gen Z in general seems to be more open minded than kids my age were at the same age.

Other than that it wouldn't be really different. 12/13 year old me and my 12 year old sister pretty much do the same thing everyday. Watch TV (or watch stuff on her iPad in her case) and play MMOs on our computer. ;D

At 13 my Japanese Rock and video game obsession started and for her her Kpop and anime obsession started at 12. The parallels are interesting ;D

The only difference is she has a smartphone and posts 40 Instagram photos (and deletes 39 of them) everyday, while I avoided social media. That's not to deny it was there though, MySpace was absolutely huge in my school when I was 12/13, I just chose not to participate in it.

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/24/18 at 10:30 pm

This is a huge, drastic difference right here. It definitely makes me stand by my word of 12 years being a generation gap, but I'd even say the difference between me and someone born in December 1985 is probably not as drastic as this.

I'd say the difference between you and 1985 babies is just as drastic as the difference between you and 2009 babies Keep in mind that 2009 babies are still in elementary and they're only 8/9 years old, so they obviously don't have a lot of experience.

Any ways as much as I love 2016 i would not want to be born in that year 8-P

I agree. I'll proudly stick with being born in 2002. At least I could remember a pre-iPhone world.

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 10:35 pm

I'd say the difference between you and 1985 babies is just as drastic as the difference between you and 2009 babies Keep in mind that 2009 babies are still in elementary and they're only 8/9 years old, so they obviously don't have a lot of experience.I agree. I'll proudly stick with being born in 2002. At least I could remember a pre-iPhone world.

I was also born in the pre iPhone word sadly I can't remember it.

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 10:36 pm

Haha, well I’m too old for Nickelodeon at this stage in my life but my 6 year old sister watches it. I still think it was way better back then.
Sorry, I’ll take off my rose-tinted glasses now.

My 6 year old cousin watches Nick everytime he's at my house heck at least I'm one of the few 13 year old's who still watches modern Nickelodeon.

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 10:38 pm

I would be born the same year as my little sister (2005). I think it would be super cool. One of my sister's friends is a lesbian and she doesn't appear to get bullied at school like I was for being gay. Gen Z in general seems to be more open minded than kids my age were at the same age.

Other than that it wouldn't be really different. 12/13 year old me and my 12 year old sister pretty much do the same thing everyday. Watch TV (or watch stuff on her iPad in her case) and play MMOs on our computer. ;D

At 13 my Japanese Rock and video game obsession started and for her her Kpop and anime obsession started at 12. The parallels are interesting ;D

The only difference is she has a smartphone and posts 40 Instagram photos (and deletes 39 of them) everyday, while I avoided social media. That's not to deny it was there though, MySpace was absolutely huge in my school when I was 12/13, I just chose not to participate in it.

Ugh K-Pop and BTS obsessions are cringe, i know like 4 girls who love K-Pop and BTS

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/24/18 at 10:39 pm

I was also born in the pre iPhone word sadly I can't remember it.

You were born in 2004 right? You could still remember a time before smartphones exploded in popularity though.

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 10:40 pm

You were born in 2004 right? You could still remember a time before smartphones exploded in popularity though.

Yeah... Sadly I only remember 2008 and 2009.

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 10:41 pm

I wanted to make this thread because I was inspired by other threads that were similar to this, and since 12 years is a whole Chinese Zodiac cycle, I thought this thread would be particularly interesting. :P
If I was born in June 2014:
-I would be only three years old turning four
-This year would've been the first year I'd vividly remember!
-I would've grown up with a lot more technology
-I wouldn't even be able to remember 2014-2016 which means I wouldn't even remember the mid-2010's at all
-My baby pictures would've been taken with an iPhone, and I'd have a lot more of them to look back on since they would most likely be posted on social media.
-I would've been born when awful songs like "Anaconda" were popular 8-P
-Instead of playing with Barbies and Dollhouses, I'd most likely be playing games on the app with an iPad
-I'd start elementary school in 2019, MS in 2025, and HS in 2028, and graduate in 2032. :o
-I'd still have the same Chinese Zodiac sign (since it's 12 years apart)
-I would've been conceived in September 2013 which means I would've never existed in the early 2010's

All of this just makes me happier I wasn't born at that time. ;D

My 3 year old cousin was born on April 17,2014 also.

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/24/18 at 10:42 pm

Ugh K-Pop and BTS obsessions are cringe, i know like 4 girls who love K-Pop and BTS

I really dislike Kpop. It seems like most of it nowadays is trying hard to sound like American pop instead of having its own unique music style like it did back in the late 2000’s / early 2010’s.

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 10:45 pm

Anyways im glad to be born in 2004 rather than 2016 it makes me Shivers of how maybe close i could've been born in that year
Also I'm glad to be born in 2004 because:
Nickelodeon still had the splat
Cartoon Network was still great (I have a picture of me when i was a baby of me sitting in my baby chair a front of the TV and it had Cartoon Network with Scooby Doo on)
Technology like tablets and such wasn't popular

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 10:45 pm

I really dislike Kpop. It seems like most of it nowadays is trying hard to sound like American pop instead of having its own unique music style like it did back in the late 2000’s / early 2010’s.

Yep.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/24/18 at 10:47 pm

Most K-Pop doesn't sound like American pop music.

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 10:47 pm

If was born in July 2011:

*I would be 6 years and 7 months old currently.
*I would currently be in the 1st grade.
*I would be watching current cartoons and TV shows on CN, Nickelodeon & Disney Channel.
*I would have no knowledge of the 2000s.
*I would have not known a world without smartphones.
*I would have been born during Barack Obama's first term.
*I would have been born in the same year that Thor, Moneyball, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Help & Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows came out.
*I would have been born in the same year that Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, New Girl & Once Upon a Time premiered.
*I would have been born in the same year that these video games came out:

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2. Portal 2
3. Batman: Arkham City
4. Battlefield 3
5. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
7. L.A. Noire
8. Dark Souls
9. Saints Row: The Third
10. Gears of War 3

All of that is crazy to think about! :o

My cousin was born in July of 2011 lol.

Written By: 2001 on 02/24/18 at 10:48 pm

I can't judge lol I was into Kpop back in like 2007-2011 even before Gangnam Style ;D

Girls Generation was huge in my school back then. I heard they broke up a few years ago though.  ???

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/24/18 at 10:56 pm

I can't judge lol I was into Kpop back in like 2007-2011 even before Gangnam Style ;D

Girls Generation was huge in my school back then. I heard they broke up a few years ago though.  ???

Girls Generation was the first K-Pop group that I ever heard of.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/24/18 at 10:58 pm

My cousin was born in July of 2011 lol.

I would feel extremely old around your cousin.

Written By: Wobo on 02/24/18 at 11:01 pm

I would feel extremely old around your cousin.

Lol one time i told him what year he was born in and tried to get him to say it.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 02/25/18 at 12:22 am

*I would be born in August 2011.
*I would not remember the Trayvon Martin incident, the Sandy Hook shooting, the Isla Vista Killings, and likely the rise of ISIS.
*I would be a Metal Rabbit instead of an Earth Rabbit.
*My childhood will peak next year.
*I would graduate high school in 2029.
*I would earn my Bachelor's Degree in 2033.
*The first event that I may most likely remember would probably be the Trump vs. Hillary election.
*I would start Kindergarten in 2016.
*I would have used a smartphone or an iPad instead of VCR's, box television sets, stereos, and DVD players.
*My first game console would likely be a Nintendo Switch rather than a PS2.

Written By: Howard on 02/25/18 at 5:44 am

If I was born in 1986, I most likely would've been into 90's music.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 02/25/18 at 10:58 am

The strangest thing is that many things actually tend to repeat one another about every 12-13 years, especially in recent history.

1989: Berlin Wall Fall
2001: 9/11

1999: Columbine shooting
2012: Chardon shooting, Batman shooting, Sandy Hook shooting

1999: We were anticipating for 12/31/1999
2012: We were anticipating for 12/21/2012

1993-1994: Peak of grunge
2005-2006: Peak of emo

2001: The rise of Al Qaeda
2014: The rise of ISIS

1988-1990: Somewhat of a pre-grunge phase
2000-2002: Somewhat of a pre-emo phase

1987: The peak of glam metal
1999: The peak of teen pop
2012: The peak of a second teen pop phase

1980: Reagan became the president that defined the 80's
1992: Clinton became the president that defined the 90's

1988: A Bush was elected as president.
2000: Another Bush was elected as president.

1976: A one-term president was elected
1988: Another one-term president was elected

1987: The start of The Simpsons
1999: The start of Family Guy

You see many sources begin the Millennial generation in 1982.
You see many sources begin Generation Z in 1995.

Written By: graciee on 02/25/18 at 1:11 pm

I would be 3, very young and never live in a world without social media and smartphones T.T

Written By: Dundee on 02/25/18 at 5:31 pm

I would be born in 2009, and wow that's a huge difference :o I would still be a kid, probably playing with playing with... slime?, being depressed of my shows I grew up with getting cancelled (like Adventure Time and co.) and spending days watching stuff on YouTube :D (I wouldn't mind! Learning so much from educational channels seems great)

Written By: pink.panda_v3 on 02/25/18 at 9:16 pm

If I was born 12 years later, I'd be 12 years younger with zero knowledge of the time period I grew up in.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 02/25/18 at 11:14 pm

I'd be the same person.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/26/18 at 12:02 am

I'd be the same person.

No, you wouldn't.

Written By: 2001 on 02/26/18 at 11:19 pm

No, you wouldn't.

12 years actually isn't a huge difference. There would be some differences but it's small and not a generational difference. You have to go 20+ years for that kind of change.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/27/18 at 1:01 pm

12 years actually isn't a huge difference. There would be some differences but it's small and not a generational difference. You have to go 20+ years for that kind of change.

All of that is irrelevant. There is no one who would be "the same" if they were born 12 years later.

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/27/18 at 1:33 pm

All of that is irrelevant. There is no one who would be "the same" if they were born 12 years later.

I agree with this. 12 years is a whole Chinese zodiac cycle. You can’t tell me there isn’t a big difference between 2002 and 2014 babies.

Written By: Dundee on 02/27/18 at 1:50 pm

I agree with this. 12 years is a whole Chinese zodiac cycle. You can’t tell me there isn’t a big difference between 2002 and 2014 babies.
The biggest difference would be that one group only just learned to not poop their pants ;D

I agree that 12 years is a big deal, I could not imagine that a person born in 1950 and growing up in the conservative 50s would have the same outcome as the same person born in 1962 and growing up in the progressive 60s.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 02/27/18 at 4:31 pm

Agreed. It would be difficult for anyone to be the same person if they were born years earlier or later. People tend to forget that they are shaped by their environment of not only internal factors but also external factors.

Written By: 2001 on 02/27/18 at 4:46 pm

They obviously won't be literally the same, I doubt she was being as hyper-specific as you are. :P

How would we know? They're only 3 years old. You can't tell anything about me by going to 1996 except that I like riding those electric horses at the mall. ;D

The biggest difference would be that one group only just learned to not poop their pants ;D

I agree that 12 years is a big deal, I could not imagine that a person born in 1950 and growing up in the conservative 50s would have the same outcome as the same person born in 1962 and growing up in the progressive 60s.

It depends. I don't think early childhood shapes your political views that much, that starts to happen more around 12-14+ And in reality, if you grew up with the same family and in the same area, that's the best predictor of what your political views are going to be.

I just compare myself to my 2005 born sisters (born 12.5 years after me) and I don't see a huge difference. What was I doing when I was 12? Playing Sims on my computer. What are they doing at 12? Playing Sims on their computer. Things are more similar than they're different :P

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/27/18 at 4:49 pm

They obviously won't be literally the same, I doubt she was being as hyper-specific as you are. :P

Um, here is her quote:

I'd be the same person.

She is 100% wrong.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/27/18 at 4:50 pm

Agreed. It would be difficult for anyone to be the same person if they were born years earlier or later. People tend to forget that they are shaped by their environment of not only internal factors but also external factors.

Yep.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/27/18 at 4:50 pm

Correctomundo!

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/27/18 at 4:54 pm

How would we know? They're only 3 years old. You can't tell anything about me by going to 1996 except that I like riding those electric horses at the mall. ;D

Um because people born in 2014 are growing up very differently than I did when I was there age. For example, they have access to iPads whereas that didn't exist when I was 3/4. I know that's only one factor but it's incredibly obvious that people born in 2014 are going to have a completely different growing up experience than I did.

Written By: 2001 on 02/27/18 at 4:55 pm

Um, here is her quote:
She is 100% wrong.

Nah, it's clear what she means.

People say white eggs and brown eggs are "the same thing", that doesn't literally mean they're identical. They're the same as far as the person saying it is concerned.

Written By: 2001 on 02/27/18 at 4:59 pm

Um because people born in 2014 are growing up very differently than I did when I was there age. For example, they have access to iPads whereas that didn't exist when I was 3/4. I know that's only one factor but it's incredibly obvious that people born in 2014 are going to have a completely different growing up experience than I did.

3/4 is next to irrelevant when it comes to formative experiences.

When I was 3 I didn't have a computer in the house, does that mean I'm completely different to my 1995 born brother who had a computer at home at 3? I don't think so. ???

I think when those 2014 borns are 15, you'll start seeing how actually, they're not all that different from what you were doing when you were 15. ;)

Written By: Rainbowz on 02/27/18 at 5:23 pm

3/4 is next to irrelevant when it comes to formative experiences.

When I was 3 I didn't have a computer in the house, does that mean I'm completely different to my 1995 born brother who had a computer at home at 3? I don't think so. ???

I think when those 2014 borns are 15, you'll start seeing how actually, they're not all that different from what you were doing when you were 15. ;)

What I'm trying to say is, culturally speaking, a person born in 2014 will grow up very differently. I grew up in the late 2000's / early 2010's in my childhood, whereas someone born in 2014 will grow up mainly in the 2020's and we don't even know how different culturally that decade will be, but people born in 2014 will still grow up with with a very different culture.
Yeah, me and a person born in 2014 will not be that different when we're in our 60's or something, but that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking specifically about the culture that we grow up with in our childhood/teenage years. Being born 12 years later would make a huge difference for me in terms of my growing up experience.

Do you think a person born in 1990 had an iPhone, took selfies on Snapchat, went on Instagram, and listened to 21 Savage and Drake when they were my age? Do you see where I'm coming from?

Written By: unicornic on 02/28/18 at 10:23 am

What I'm trying to say is, culturally speaking, a person born in 2014 will grow up very differently. I grew up in the late 2000's / early 2010's in my childhood, whereas someone born in 2014 will grow up mainly in the 2020's and we don't even know how different culturally that decade will be, but people born in 2014 will still grow up with with a very different culture.
Yeah, me and a person born in 2014 will not be that different when we're in our 60's or something, but that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking specifically about the culture that we grow up with in our childhood/teenage years. Being born 12 years later would make a huge difference for me in terms of my growing up experience.

Do you think a person born in 1990 had an iPhone, took selfies on Snapchat, went on Instagram, and listened to 21 Savage and Drake when they were my age? Do you see where I'm coming from?

This! All of this!

Written By: 80sfan on 02/28/18 at 10:31 am

I would have never experienced the 90's, a great decade. Perfect? No, but it was a fun decade!  :D

I don't think I would have liked the same things. Our backgrounds, environment, experiences, and just time, in general, help shape us. For all I know, genetically, I might have been straight.  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/18 at 10:57 am

If I was born 12 years later, I may now have existed, as it focused on my parent older age.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 02/28/18 at 1:50 pm

If I was born 12 years later, I may not have existed, as it focused on my parent older age.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/18 at 1:56 pm

Is there a reply?

Written By: nintieskid999 on 02/28/18 at 2:01 pm

What you forget is people can also react against their environment. Someone can have a totally opposite reaction to the same environment.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 02/28/18 at 2:02 pm

Someone born in 1962 would be a Baby Boomer too.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 02/28/18 at 2:41 pm

What you forget is people can also react to their environment. Someone can have a totally opposite reaction to the same environment.
That too! There are people shaped by their environment, but that doesn't mean they always have a positive reaction.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 03/01/18 at 12:23 pm

The strangest thing is that many things actually tend to repeat one another about every 12-13 years, especially in recent history.

1989: Berlin Wall Fall
2001: 9/11

1999: Columbine shooting
2012: Chardon shooting, Batman shooting, Sandy Hook shooting

1999: We were anticipating for 12/31/1999
2012: We were anticipating for 12/21/2012

1993-1994: Peak of grunge
2005-2006: Peak of emo

2001: The rise of Al Qaeda
2014: The rise of ISIS

1988-1990: Somewhat of a pre-grunge phase
2000-2002: Somewhat of a pre-emo phase

1987: The peak of glam metal
1999: The peak of teen pop
2012: The peak of a second teen pop phase

1980: Reagan became the president that defined the 80's
1992: Clinton became the president that defined the 90's

1988: A Bush was elected as president.
2000: Another Bush was elected as president.

1976: A one-term president was elected
1988: Another one-term president was elected

1987: The start of The Simpsons
1999: The start of Family Guy

You see many sources begin the Millennial generation in 1982.
You see many sources begin Generation Z in 1995.

In fact, I may even argue that Chinese Zodiac years (1980, 1992, 2004) have much more in common than years of different decades with the same "ones" digit (1980, 1990, 2000, etc).

Note that every four years is one presidential term (1985, 1989, 1993, 1997, 2001, 2005, and so on)

A big change in the music scene usually tends to happen ever six years or so (this sort of was the case for 1979, 1985, 1991, 1997, 2003, 2009)

Olympic games also happen every four years (1980, 1984, 1988, 1992, 1996, 2000, and so on)

Sometimes, sub-ages of music can be divided into "threes" (1984-1986 being the age of synthpop, 1987-1989 being the age of glam metal, 1990-1992 being a first grunge age, 1993-1995 being a gangsta rap age along with a second grunge age, and so on)

And the LCM of 3,4, and 6 is 12.

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/18 at 12:27 pm

What you said is true and I see what you mean - but I'm trying to see it from unconventional99's, the original poster's perspective. So while people born 1990 didn't listen to Drake or use Snapchat, they did listen to Usher and use Myspace and take photos with their phones. In the grand scheme of things, what has really changed? The arc of one's life story doesn't change all that much with a 12 year difference.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 03/01/18 at 12:27 pm

Even if someone born in 1990 were to do it now, he or she would look very stupid.

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/18 at 12:28 pm

Even if someone born in 1990 were to do it now, he or she would look very stupid.

Why? I have some friends born 1990 and I know some of them use Snapchat  :o

They were 22/23 when Snapchat got popular, it's not like they're grandparents or something lol. I know some who were still undergrads then. ;)

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 03/01/18 at 12:30 pm

Why? I have some friends born 1990 and I know some of them use Snapchat  :o

Sorry if what I said sounded rude.

Due to the fact that I have never used (and will never use) Snapchat, I have somewhat of a bias.

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/18 at 12:33 pm

Sorry if what I said sounded rude.

Due to the fact that I have never used (and will never use) Snapchat, I have somewhat of a bias.

Oh, I see. ;D

I used it a bit back in 2013 but I never really got into it after that.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/01/18 at 12:42 pm

In China, you'd still be the same zodiac sign, because there are 12 signs, so 12 years later, the sign twelves years ago will just pop up again!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: Dundee on 03/01/18 at 1:04 pm

In China, you'd still be the same zodiac sign, because there are 12 signs, so 12 years later, the sign twelves years ago will just pop up again!  ;D  ;D  ;D
You'd still be of a different element, because the matching "animal + element" only repeats every 60 years.

I'd be an Earth Ox instead of a Fire Ox which is just much less cool ::)

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 03/01/18 at 1:23 pm

You'd still be of a different element, because the matching "animal + element" only repeats every 60 years.

I'm guessing that this is you?

https://www.onlinechineseastrology.com/resources/images/ui/monthly/signs-elements/2014-ox.jpg

Written By: Dundee on 03/01/18 at 1:35 pm

I'm guessing that this is you?

https://www.onlinechineseastrology.com/resources/images/ui/monthly/signs-elements/2014-ox.jpg
Damnit I shouldn't just throw my selfies around the internet like that

Written By: 80sfan on 03/01/18 at 1:45 pm

I believe I'm an earth Dragon.

As for your Fire Ox, that's cool! Fire element is one of the coolest!  8)  8)  8)

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/18 at 1:52 pm

What am I if I was born February 1993? I remember being told I was an Earth Pig or something, but I'm not sure. ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 03/01/18 at 1:56 pm

What am I if I was born February 1993? I remember being told I was an Earth Pig or something, but I'm not sure. ;D

You were born in the year of the Rooster. Not sure the element, though.  :(  :(  :(

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/01/18 at 2:04 pm

You were born in the year of the Rooster. Not sure the element, though.  :(  :(  :(

>:( >:(

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 03/01/18 at 2:05 pm

Slowpoke is a Water Rooster.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/18 at 2:06 pm

Can roosters swim?

Written By: 80sfan on 03/01/18 at 2:13 pm

Now I know he likes those rivers!  :o  :o  :o

Written By: 80sfan on 03/01/18 at 2:14 pm

>:( >:(

I'm sorry. Roosters are known as hard workers in Vietnam though.  :-[  :-[

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/18 at 2:31 pm

That's actually really cool. I know from my time playing Zelda that roosters will bring upon the apocalypse. We also know that the Water Temple is the most difficult level :o

SFRI3byJgYA

Written By: Dundee on 03/01/18 at 2:33 pm

Nope, you're a Water Rooster, which is one wacky combination if I ever saw one ;D
https://art.ebsqart.com/Art/CHICKENS/Mixed/744962/650/650/ROOSTER-ON-WATER.jpg

https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.14710223.1238/flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg

I tought Slowpoke was a pink Water Hypo though >:(

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 03/01/18 at 3:36 pm

That's actually really cool. I know from my time playing Zelda that roosters will bring upon the apocalypse. We also know that the Water Temple is the most difficult level :o

SFRI3byJgYA

So you're difficult AF and you have a God complex.......

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/18 at 4:14 pm

Nope, you're a Water Rooster, which is one wacky combination if I ever saw one ;D
https://art.ebsqart.com/Art/CHICKENS/Mixed/744962/650/650/ROOSTER-ON-WATER.jpg

https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.14710223.1238/flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg

I tought Slowpoke was a pink Water Hypo though >:(

Neat?! Have you ever smelt a wet chicken?  8-P

So you're difficult AF and you have a God complex.......

This sounds more accurate ;D

Written By: nintieskid999 on 03/02/18 at 12:05 am

Even 15 years later someone can turn out very similar. Someone born in 1947 and someone born in 1962 can turn out very similar as Baby Boomers.

iyo8yKO1ebo

and both be into this stuff

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/02/18 at 12:15 am

Even 15 years later someone can turn out very similar. Someone born in 1947 and someone born in 1962 can turn out very similar as Baby Boomers.

iyo8yKO1ebo

and both be into this stuff

Really? 1947 borns are mostly different from 1962 borns.

That's like saying that there's not much difference between Bill Clinton (born in 1946) and Barack Obama (born in 1961).

Bill Clinton grew up in the 1950s and met JFK as a 17 year old, was in college in the '60s. Barack Obama grew up in the 1960s (and early '70s), went to college in the late '70s and early '80s. There's not much similarities even though yeah, they are technically both Baby Boomers.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 03/02/18 at 12:24 am

Really? 1947 borns are mostly different from 1962 borns.

That's like saying that there's not much difference between Bill Clinton (born in 1946) and Barack Obama (born in 1961).

Bill Clinton grew up in the 1950s and met JFK as a 17 year old, was in college in the '60s. Barack Obama grew up in the 1960s (and early '70s), went to college in the late '70s and early '80s. There's not much similarities even though yeah, they are technically both Baby Boomers.

Obama was very influenced by 60s and 70s politics especially through his young mother who was almost a Boomer herself. Both Obama and Clinton are 60s influenced. Their similarity is being influenced by 60s politics and 60s counterculture.

Both the 1947 born and the 1962 born would likely be into music like this:

RBxK3CcOQD8

-L4ZeL81v8c

qhYLz63csS0

Written By: unicornic on 03/02/18 at 6:26 am

If I were born 12 years later I’d be a completely different person. Imagine how it’s gonna be like growing up in the 2020s. Maybe I wouldn’t have to drive a car anymore. ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/02/18 at 8:13 am

Obama was very influenced by 60s and 70s politics especially through his young mother who was almost a Boomer herself. Both Obama and Clinton are 60s influenced. Their similarity is being influenced by 60s politics and 60s counterculture.

Both the 1947 born and the 1962 born would likely be into music like this:

RBxK3CcOQD8

-L4ZeL81v8c

qhYLz63csS0

Um, Bill Clinton in the '60s was 13 to 23 years old...he's going to be influenced by different things and will have interpreted the '60s in a much different way than a person who was 0 to 8 years old in the '60s (Obama).

C'mon stop being ridiculous.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 03/02/18 at 7:05 pm

Um, Bill Clinton in the '60s was 13 to 23 years old...he's going to be influenced by different things and will have interpreted the '60s in a much different way than a person who was 0 to 8 years old in the '60s (Obama).

C'mon stop being ridiculous.

My point is what unites Boomers is they were influenced by 60s counterculture.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/02/18 at 7:43 pm

I don't think that Obama was influenced by '60s counterculture much if at all.

However, if you believe that...then I'll just respectfully disagree.

Written By: Dundee on 03/03/18 at 4:13 pm

Lol no, what unites baby boomers is they were born during the baby boom (aka a huge increase in births) stretching from 1946 to 1964, that's all.
Just because you are a babyboomer doesn't mean you are and have automatically a hippie mentality. Stop with this generalization bullsheesh now.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/03/18 at 6:11 pm

Lol no, what unites baby boomers is they were born during the baby boom (aka a huge increase in births) stretching from 1946 to 1964, that's all.
Just because you are a babyboomer doesn't mean you are and have automatically a hippie mentality. Stop with this generalization bullsheesh now.

Exactly!

Written By: Wobo on 03/03/18 at 6:47 pm

I was 10 in 2014 while they were 0 or a few months old
2004 babies are way more different than 2014 babies.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/03/18 at 8:16 pm

Exactly!
This! It's the same with Gen X and Millennials. Just because someone is associated with that cohort doesn't automatically mean he or she was a slacker or a hipster.

Check for new replies or respond here...