inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Modern Cartoon Network

Written By: Wobo on 03/01/18 at 6:55 pm

Even though Cartoon Network isn't doing well as of right now do you think kids now will get nostalgic for modern cartoon Network in 10 years or so?
I obviously wouldn't i'll have my nostalgia for 2013 Cartoon Network (which is still modern but I'm referring to 2018 Cartoon Network)

Subject: Re: Modern Cartoon Network

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/01/18 at 7:01 pm

I don't think they will. It doesn't seem that CN is in its renaissance period anymore considering there have been too many Teen Titans Go scheduling in the last few years and it also seems the bumpers are not creative and uninspiring.

I checked the Cartoon network schedule some months ago and the other shows were barely on the list. It sucks how the channel has become a former shell of itself. They were innovative in many ways and today, not so much.

Written By: Wobo on 03/01/18 at 7:09 pm

I don't think they will. It doesn't seem that CN is in its renaissance period anymore considering there have been too many Teen Titans Go scheduling in the last few years and it also seems the bumpers are not creative and uninspiring.

I checked the Cartoon network schedule some months ago and the other shows were barely on the list. It sucks how the channel has become a former shell of itself. They were innovative in many ways and today, not so much.

Yeah it's sad, as a person who likes searching up commercial breaks from other decades on YouTube when i watched Cartoon Network commercial breaks from the 2000s and looking at their bumpers i was honestly sad and yet confused of how they went from that to the crappy Cartoon Network we have today

Written By: mqg96 on 03/01/18 at 7:51 pm

Actually yes, for example, look how much the Nood Era has been praised now (despite it being the live-action era of CN) when it used to get a lot of late back in the day. My era of CN will always be the early to mid 2000's, and anytime after that is irrelevant to me except for the Adventure Time and Regular Show era from 2010-2014. Now I'm gonna be honest these days kids have away more cartoons to watch than any of us did when we were growing up, and I know many will disagree but we are in the digital, social media, and streaming age now. Kids can watch cartoons on cable, On Demand (which has reruns of old shows), Hulu, or Netflix (which also has some old shows). You could compare this to our millennial generation having 24 hour kids stations and 24 hour access to cartoons on TV rather than cartoons during Saturday mornings only like kids of the 60's-80's.

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/01/18 at 11:03 pm

Its really interesting to think about. What will these new kids truly have? Its a new age for real. It seems everyone's nostalgia from today will be associated with the internet.
Actually yes, for example, look how much the Nood Era has been praised now (despite it being the live-action era of CN) when it used to get a lot of late back in the day. My era of CN will always be the early to mid 2000's, and anytime after that is irrelevant to me except for the Adventure Time and Regular Show era from 2010-2014. Now I'm gonna be honest these days kids have away more cartoons to watch than any of us did when we were growing up, and I know many will disagree but we are in the digital, social media, and streaming age now. Kids can watch cartoons on cable, On Demand (which has reruns of old shows), Hulu, or Netflix (which also has some old shows). You could compare this to our millennial generation having 24 hour kids stations and 24 hour access to cartoons on TV rather than cartoons during Saturday mornings only like kids of the 60's-80's.

UltraGameDog's theory is still powerful though. The Nood era had way more variety compared to today's Cartoon Network. I cannot see kids of today having nostalgia as to how someone could have easily seen us having nostalgia for the Cartoon Network of our time.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/01/18 at 11:14 pm

Of course, Adventure Time and Regular Show are great  ;)

Written By: mqg96 on 03/02/18 at 8:13 am

Its really interesting to think about. What will these new kids truly have? Its a new age for real. It seems everyone's nostalgia from today will be associated with the internet.
UltraGameDog's theory is still powerful though. The Nood era had way more variety compared to today's Cartoon Network. I cannot see kids of today having nostalgia as to how someone could have easily seen us having nostalgia for the Cartoon Network of our time.

I've mentioned this about the Nood Era already myself, but it doesn't ever change the fact that during the Nood Era Cartoon Network turned its back for what it was originally created for, for the first time ever. As years go on people will be praising the CHECK it era of the early 10's (which is reasonable) and believe it or not, Teen Titans Go! and all the other reboots will be praised by the current kids when they get older. Trust me. It's a pattern. Back in 2009 after all the hate and all the mistakes Stuart Snyder made throughout his tenure, no one would have thought years later that he would have been given a slight pass for all the positive stuff he accomplished in the early 10's after the disaster Christina Miller has put on CN since 2014, and we all know good and well Stuart Snyder's biggest mistakes happened throughout the LATE 00's during the Fall & Nood eras. Stuart Snyder's good moments happened throughout the early 10's when Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Young Justice revived CN from the dead. Anyone who denies this is just flat out lying or is blinded by their nostalgia goggles. The ratings prove it, the feedback proves it. Early 10's CN (or the mini renaissance) was better quality wise and ratings wise than late 00's CN, and that's a fact. The opinions are only nostalgia based for those who were kids during that time. Everyone who was a teen or older had no interest in that era at the time except for Total Drama Island. No one is gonna sit here and say that the live-action era (CN Real, Re-Animated), Fried Dynamite replacing our beloved CN Fridays, the cancellation of Toonami, and only having 2 original shows active at the time (Chowder & Flapjack) were better than what CN did to revive itself throughout the early 10's.

Now once we get to 2014 or 2015 when Teen Titans Go! started taking over in ratings and Adventure Time and Regular Show began to fade away, then yes, then late 00's CN would be better, but late 00's CN or the Nood Era is still at the bottom compared to most points in CN's history such as the mid 90's (Checkerboard), late 90's/early 00's (Powerhouse), mid 00's (City/Yes), or early 10's (CHECK 1.0 & 2.0). I will give the Nood Era credit for the following, it still had more variety as I mentioned in the past, their bumpers were really good even better than the Yes! and Fall bumpers, and they still had some action shows, but more of the underrated ones. TBH after Teen Titans and Justice League Unlimited ended in 2006, there hasn't been a hit action show since then other than maybe Young Justice being the closest, and the only reason Young Justice got cancelled was because of the lack of toy sales along with the animation being too expensive. Teen Titans is a toy merchandise that goes back to 2003 and Teen Titans Go! itself has cheaper animation with segments that are just much cheaper to make than Young Justice and it's not even close. This had nothing to do with the president. Stuart Snyder couldn't control that.

gRM6Bit1LPY

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/02/18 at 9:54 am

I've mentioned this about the Nood Era already myself, but it doesn't ever change the fact that during the Nood Era Cartoon Network turned its back for what it was originally created for, for the first time ever. As years go on people will be praising the CHECK it era of the early 10's (which is reasonable) and believe it or not, Teen Titans Go! and all the other reboots will be praised by the current kids when they get older. Trust me. It's a pattern. Back in 2009 after all the hate and all the mistakes Stuart Snyder made throughout his tenure, no one would have thought years later that he would have been given a slight pass for all the positive stuff he accomplished in the early 10's after the disaster Christina Miller has put on CN since 2014, and we all know good and well Stuart Snyder's biggest mistakes happened throughout the LATE 00's during the Fall & Nood eras. Stuart Snyder's good moments happened throughout the early 10's when Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Young Justice revived CN from the dead. Anyone who denies this is just flat out lying or is blinded by their nostalgia goggles. The ratings prove it, the feedback proves it. Early 10's CN (or the mini renaissance) was better quality wise and ratings wise than late 00's CN, and that's a fact. The opinions are only nostalgia based for those who were kids during that time. Everyone who was a teen or older had no interest in that era at the time except for Total Drama Island. No one is gonna sit here and say that the live-action era (CN Real, Re-Animated), Fried Dynamite replacing our beloved CN Fridays, the cancellation of Toonami, and only having 2 original shows active at the time (Chowder & Flapjack) were better than what CN did to revive itself throughout the early 10's.

Now once we get to 2014 or 2015 when Teen Titans Go! started taking over in ratings and Adventure Time and Regular Show began to fade away, then yes, then late 00's CN would be better, but late 00's CN or the Nood Era is still at the bottom compared to most points in CN's history such as the mid 90's (Checkerboard), late 90's/early 00's (Powerhouse), mid 00's (City/Yes), or early 10's (CHECK 1.0 & 2.0). I will give the Nood Era credit for the following, it still had more variety as I mentioned in the past, their bumpers were really good even better than the Yes! and Fall bumpers, and they still had some action shows, but more of the underrated ones. TBH after Teen Titans and Justice League Unlimited ended in 2006, there hasn't been a hit action show since then other than maybe Young Justice being the closest, and the only reason Young Justice got cancelled was because of the lack of toy sales along with the animation being too expensive. Teen Titans is a toy merchandise that goes back to 2003 and Teen Titans Go! itself has cheaper animation with segments that are just much cheaper to make than Young Justice and it's not even close. This had nothing to do with the president. Stuart Snyder couldn't control that.

gRM6Bit1LPY

I know early 2010s Cartoon Network destroys, man. I was just comparing the Nood era to Cartoon Network of the now. Trust me dude. I know better. I'm aware kids today will be nostalgic. Just, the magic isn't noticeable anymore.

Also, you gotta throw in Ben 10 Alien Force, Ultimate Alien, ThunderCats 2011, Sym Bionic Titan and Generator Rex contributing to the reviving of CN, early 2010s. Even Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's was airing on Cartoon Network back then, supporting strong variety.

Subject: Modern Cartoon Network

Written By: Dude111 on 03/03/18 at 11:59 am

I don't think they will..

I dont think so either.......

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/09/18 at 12:12 am

Actually yes, for example, look how much the Nood Era has been praised now (despite it being the live-action era of CN) when it used to get a lot of late back in the day. My era of CN will always be early to mid-2000's, and anytime after that is irrelevant to me except for the Adventure Time and Regular Show era from 2010-2014. Now I'm gonna be honest these days kids have away more cartoons to watch than any of us did when we were growing up, and I know many will disagree but we are in the digital, social media, and streaming age now. Kids can watch cartoons on cable, On Demand (which has reruns of old shows), Hulu, or Netflix (which also has some old shows). You could compare this to our millennial generation having 24-hour kids stations and 24-hour access to cartoons on TV rather than cartoons during Saturday mornings only like kids of the 60's-80's.

I've mentioned this about the Nood Era already myself, but it doesn't ever change the fact that during the Nood Era Cartoon Network turned its back for what it was originally created for, for the first time ever. As years go on people will be praising the CHECK It era of the early 10's (which is reasonable) and believe it or not, Teen Titans Go! and all the other reboots will be praised by the current kids when they get older. Trust me. It's a pattern. Back in 2009 after all the hate and all the mistakes Stuart Snyder made throughout his tenure, no one would have thought years later that he would have been given a slight pass for all the positive stuff he accomplished in the early 10's after the disaster Christina Miller has put on CN since 2014, and we all know good and well Stuart Snyder's biggest mistakes happened throughout the LATE 00's during the Fall & Nood eras. Stuart Snyder's good moments happened throughout the early 10's when Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Young Justice revived CN from the dead. Anyone who denies this is just flat out lying or is blinded by their nostalgia goggles. The ratings prove it, the feedback proves it. Early 10's CN (or the mini-renaissance) was better quality wise and ratings wise than late 00's CN, and that's a fact. The opinions are only nostalgia based for those who were kids during that time. Everyone who was a teen or older had no interest in that era at the time except for Total Drama Island. No one is gonna sit here and say that the live-action era (CN Real, Re-Animated), Fried Dynamite replacing our beloved CN Fridays, the cancellation of Toonami, and only having 2 original shows active at the time (Chowder & Flapjack) were better than what CN did to revive itself throughout the early 10's.

Now once we get to 2014 or 2015 when Teen Titans Go! started taking over in ratings and Adventure Time and Regular Show began to fade away, then yes, the late 00's CN would be better, but late 00's CN or the Nood Era is still at the bottom compared to most points in CN's history such as the mid 90's (Checkerboard), late 90's/early 00's (Powerhouse), mid 00's (City/Yes), or early 10's (CHECK 1.0 & 2.0). I will give the Nood Era credit for the following, it still had more variety as I mentioned in the past, their bumpers were really good even better than the Yes! and Fall bumpers and they still had some action shows, but more of the underrated ones. TBH after Teen Titans and Justice League Unlimited ended in 2006, there hasn't been a hit action show since then other than maybe Young Justice being the closest, and the only reason Young Justice got canceled was that of the lack of toy sales along with the animation being too expensive. Teen Titans is a toy merchandise that goes back to 2003 and Teen Titans Go! itself has a cheaper animation with segments that are just much cheaper to make than Young Justice and it's not even close. This had nothing to do with the president. Stuart Snyder couldn't control that.

gRM6Bit1LPY
I never understood why that era was hated. The Nood was actually one of the good eras, and the live-action shows were barely on there at the time. Even if we take a look at CN Real, the majority of the shows on that block didn't make it past 2009 and the mentioned era was there for 5 more months into 2010. Besides, most shows were the cartoons and I agree that some of them were definitely underrated and even forgotten in a way.

Yeah, I'm with you that the early 10s CN was awesome (except the live-action shows). Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gumball, Johnny test (I know it was not a CN original), Scooby Doo Mystery Inc, Young Justice, Sym-bionic Titan, Total Drama, Ben 10: Ulitmate Alien etc. What more could one ask for? And the bumpers were fantastic compared to the ones of today.

I also agree that kids today have more to watch the days compared to us, but there was already On Demand and Youtube back in the 00s. I had Cox (Or Comcast for you all) during that time, and I would watch all the shows that were available on there all the time. It was amazing! :). Same thing for Youtube. As for us having 24-hour kids stations, I think that would depend on the era of the 3 big networks. In the 90s, Nickelodeon didn't really have Nicktoons for most of the era, unlike the 00s where those dominated the channel. For Cartoon Network, very few people had access to that channel prior to the late 90s. It was by that time I mentioned where it began gaining momentum. Disney is also tricky since most people didn't have that channel either before the late 90s. If they did, it wasn't honestly cartoons at all, but rather things adults were interested in. The 00s were the first to have that type of kids station and would then expand to multiple On Demand channels and later on thousands of devices as technology innovation increased.

It's really interesting to think about. What will these new kids truly have? It's a new age for real. It seems everyone's nostalgia from today will be associated with the internet.

It sure did, and it seems that people don't remember that for some reason and only look at the live-action that shows truly weren't there for most of the era. I also can understand kids having nostalgia for the early 10s CN era as it was great, but anytime after, not at all especially looking at the scheduling.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/10/18 at 2:36 pm

Yeah, it's certainly a lot different than it was when I was growing up. We didn't get the Disney Channel or Cartoon Network on our cable until about 1997, so up until then it was only Nickelodeon or Saturday mornings. Also, kids getting to watch shows whenever they want to now is quite different from the old days of having to tape a show and then hope that it recorded properly so you could watch it later.

Check for new replies or respond here...