inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: People can turn out similar even if born 15 years apart

Written By: nintieskid999 on 03/02/18 at 12:14 am

Someone born in 1947 and someone born in 1962 can turn out very similar as Baby Boomers. Both can idolize Woodstock, 60s music and counter culture, and the 60s protest movements. Both can be into this stuff and call themselves hippies.

iyo8yKO1ebo

Subject: Re: People can turn out similar even if born 15 years apart

Written By: unicornic on 03/02/18 at 9:04 am

So....what’s the point of this thread again?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/18 at 9:23 am

Ditto!

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/02/18 at 3:52 pm

I wonder the same thing too.

Written By: nintieskid999 on 03/02/18 at 7:11 pm

I wonder the same thing too.

That both are highly influenced by the 60s counterculture as Baby Boomers despite being born 15 years apart.

Written By: Dundee on 03/07/18 at 5:40 pm

A 1962 born was 6-7 year at best when the Summer of love and Woodstock happened while a 1947 born could already actively participate at those events, that's a HUGE difference from the get-go
A 47 born also mostly grew up during the booming 50s while a 62 born grew up in the decaying 70s recession, which later showed and contributed to the politically conversative 80s which made them being called "Generation Jones" (55-65 borns). In short you're comparing a liberal 60s hippie to a conservative 80s yuppie (big sweeping generalizations in any case, but it's to give off the idea).

Nope absolutely not, it would be similar to comparing me (a 97 born) to a 6 year old that's growing up right now just to show you how ridiculous that comparison is.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/10/18 at 10:41 am

There's actually a guy 15 years older than me that I've worked with occasionally. He was born around 1972, so he's pretty much exactly 15 years older than me. We can't relate on much honestly. He was already a teenager by the time the NES became popular, so he didn't have that as a kid like I did, and the bulk of his childhood came before VHS took off and the first PCs truly became common items, so our childhoods were quite different.

Check for new replies or respond here...