inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is Y/Z Cusp a microgeneration?

Written By: duenas8 on 03/08/18 at 6:40 pm

As people born between 1977-1983 are part of a microgeneration called Xennials, by cause of they’re too young to call themselves Gen X and too old for Millennials.
People born between 1995-1999/00 could be part of another microgeneration, because they share many things of both generations (Millennials and Gen Zs). They grew with 90’s cartoons, playing old school consoles and board games, but as teenagers they start to watch YouTube videos on their touch screen cellphones, listen EDM and laugh with memes.
What do you think and how would you call this microgeneration?

Subject: Re: Is Y/Z Cusp a microgeneration?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/08/18 at 8:18 pm

Well, as a person who was born in 1999, I do agree that there we're a cusp of sorts.

I guess we can be called Gen Zennials/GenZennials :P ;D.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/08/18 at 8:19 pm

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-R7pMOXg01EU/UdUrbkyCN1I/AAAAAAAAQFA/Bh0eDwLGO4g/s400/david-hasselhoff-underwear-animated.gif

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/08/18 at 8:24 pm

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-R7pMOXg01EU/UdUrbkyCN1I/AAAAAAAAQFA/Bh0eDwLGO4g/s400/david-hasselhoff-underwear-animated.gif

That's weird as hell :o.

Written By: duenas8 on 03/08/18 at 8:31 pm

Well, as a person who was born in 1999, I do agree that there we're a cusp of sorts.

I guess we can be called Gen Zennials/GenZennials :P ;D.

Zennials sounds very good

Written By: 2001 on 03/08/18 at 8:32 pm

Zennials sounds very good

Pronounced the same way as Xennials?  ???

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/08/18 at 8:39 pm

I really feel like this site should start banning threads that talk about the span of generations.
These types of threads lead to nothing but pointless generational debates, not to mention this site isn't even dedicated to generations. You have the Personality Cafe generation subforum for that. And the whole generation thing is arbitrary and vague, and nobody is going to come to a clear consensus on where the generations start and begin. Whether or not you're generation Y or Z isn't going to determine how you grew up. We have too many threads on here that talk about generations.
I'm really thinking about suggesting it to be honest.

Written By: Wobo on 03/08/18 at 8:42 pm

I really feel like this site should start banning threads that talk about the span of generations.
These types of threads lead to nothing but pointless generational debates, not to mention this site isn't even dedicated to generations. You have the Personality Cafe generation subforum for that. And the whole generation thing is arbitrary and vague, and nobody is going to come to a clear consensus on where the generations start and begin. Whether or not you're generation Y or Z isn't going to determine how you grew up. We have too many threads on here that talk about generations.
I'm really thinking about suggesting it to be honest.

Generation are confusing anyway.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/08/18 at 8:44 pm

Generation are confusing anyway.

Exactly, and people actually make a big deal if they missed the cut because they want to fit in with the older crowd rather than be seen as young and immature as if a pointless label actually defines them and their whole life.

Written By: meesa on 03/08/18 at 9:11 pm

Locking topic as there are several other threads to choose from that are on this subject.
Thanks for understanding.

Check for new replies or respond here...