inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is it difficult to remember everything you witnessed/experienced?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/10/18 at 9:53 pm

I have been meaning to make this topic for some time, but I kept forgetting for some reason. Anyway, I noticed that while we all remember the years, we don't necessarily recall everything that happened or was released in those years. When I updated the forgotten songs threads, I was astonished how many songs I listened to during those years that I forgot about. There were some songs I remembered for a  split second, and then all of a sudden I forget to list them.

For example, we all remember 2016 right? Well, tell me do you recall everything that happened during that year from start to finish? I mean, just look where were are in 2018 right now and most people already forgot about the Kentucky school shooting, the Logan Paul controversy, and the #GrammysSoMale scandal, and those were relatively recent.

So, my question is it hard to remember everything although you experienced it?

Subject: Re: Is it difficult to remember everything you witnessed/experienced?

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/10/18 at 10:10 pm

It is difficult, at least for me. I can't remember what I was doing exactly this time last year. I don't remember what I was wearing, what I did, etc. Also, I never heard of #GrammysSoMale before.

Written By: Wobo on 03/10/18 at 10:56 pm

Everyone forgets about shootings the reason why the Marjory Stoneman Highschool shooting wasnt forgotten was because we hadn't gotten a school shooting with over the 10 victim death toll since Sandy Hook.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/10/18 at 11:12 pm

It is difficult, at least for me. I can't remember what I was doing exactly this time last year. I don't remember what I was wearing, what I did, etc. Also, I never heard of #GrammysSoMale before.
That event happened when the male artists were significantly nominated and even won the awards while few women won anything. It was similar to what happened a few years ago with the Oscars except it was #OscarsSoWhite.

Everyone forgets about shootings the reason why the Marjory Stoneman Highschool shooting wasn't forgotten was that we hadn't gotten a school shooting with over the 10 victim death toll since Sandy Hook.
Well, I'm not just talking about shootings, but everything in general. Like for instance, how many songs from last year do you still remember?

Written By: Wobo on 03/10/18 at 11:23 pm

That event happened when the male artists were significantly nominated and even won the awards while few women won anything. It was similar to what happened a few years ago with the Oscars except it was #OscarsSoWhite.
Well, I'm not just talking about shootings, but everything in general. Like for instance, how many songs from last year do you still remember?

Humble
Mask off
Feel it Still
Dna
Tunnel Vision

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/10/18 at 11:27 pm

Humble
Mask off
Feel it Still
DNA
Tunnel Vision
Do you remember more from 2017?

Written By: Wobo on 03/10/18 at 11:30 pm

Do you remember more from 2017?

LOVE
Down
Spice Girl
Disco T*ts

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/10/18 at 11:33 pm

LOVE
Down
Spice Girl
Disco T*ts
See? That's what I mean. Despite that we both remember 2017 music, we don't actually recall all the songs released within that year.

Written By: Wobo on 03/10/18 at 11:41 pm

See? That's what I mean. Despite that we both remember 2017 music, we don't actually recall all the songs released within that year.

Mask off released May 5th,2017 which was my birthday.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/10/18 at 11:45 pm

Mask off released May 5th,2017 which was my birthday.
How did you feel that a song was out on your day?

Written By: Wobo on 03/10/18 at 11:46 pm

How did you feel that a song was out on your day?

I was just like "hey this song came out on my birthday"  ;D

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/10/18 at 11:48 pm

I was just like "hey this song came out on my birthday"  ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Wobo on 03/10/18 at 11:49 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I still remember when I heard about the las Vegas shooting.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/10/18 at 11:54 pm

Yeah, it's weird how we don't even remember what we did on a specific day unless something significant happened. It's like trying to remember things from when you were like 2.

I'll give you a random date. What were you doing on April 18th, 2017? What were you wearing? What did you do? How was the weather during that day?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/10/18 at 11:59 pm

Yeah, it's weird how we don't even remember what we did on a specific day unless something significant happened. It's like trying to remember things from when you were like 2.

I'll give you a random date. What were you doing on April 18th, 2017? What were you wearing? What did you do? How was the weather during that day?
I attended class that day and I think it was sunny, but i don't remember what I wore.

I still remember when I heard about the Las Vegas shooting.
Do you remember the other shootings that happened before Las Vegas?

Written By: Wobo on 03/11/18 at 12:00 am

I do remember what I did on February 12,2017 and April 21st,2017and also December 28th,2015.

Written By: Wobo on 03/11/18 at 12:03 am

I attended class that day and I think it was sunny, but i don't remember what I wore.

Nope. (If you're talking about shootings that happened between the start of 2017 and when the last Vegas shooting happened)
I vividly remember watching the coverage Sandy Hook. I'm not sure if it was Sandy Hook but I think it was

Written By: Wobo on 03/11/18 at 12:04 am

I also remember when I moved in early 2012 I was 8 but I don't what day it was.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/11/18 at 12:06 am

Orlando Shooting, Sandy Hook

Written By: Wobo on 03/11/18 at 12:11 am

Yeah I remember the Orlando shooting also 2 days after a signer named Christian Grimmie was murdered.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/11/18 at 12:12 am

Nope. (If you're talking about shootings that happened between the start of 2017 and when the last Vegas shooting happened)
I vividly remember watching the coverage Sandy Hook. I'm not sure if it was Sandy Hook but I think it was
Yeah, It goes back to what I said. Look how no one talks about the congressional shooting and that occurred in June 2017. If I talked about the San Bernardino shooting from 2015, how many people right now still rememeber that?

Do you also remember the Charleston, UCSB, aurora theater, and the Texas shootings?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/11/18 at 12:14 am

Yeah I remember the Orlando shooting also 2 days after a singer named Christina Grimmie was murdered.
I honestly wonder if anyone remembers that she was killed? I don't see her mentioned as one of the events of 2016.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/11/18 at 12:14 am

Yeah, It goes back to what I said. Look how no one talks about the congressional shooting and that occurred in June 2017. If I talked about the San Bernardino shooting from 2015, how many people right now still rememeber that?
Do you also remember the Charleston, UCSB, aurora theater, and the Texas shootings?

I've only heard of the Texas shooting but I didn't put that because it occurred in November 2017 when the Las Vegas occurred a month before and you said if I remember shootings that happened BEFORE the Las Vegas one. ;D

Written By: Wobo on 03/11/18 at 12:15 am

OH THAT SHOOTING I REMEMBER THAT day but I don't know what day it was but I was just in my room channel surfing and I heard about it on TV
And I remember the Texas church shooting.

Written By: Wobo on 03/11/18 at 12:16 am

Who remember the Umpqua shooting? I was in the living room and I saw the coverage on CNN.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/11/18 at 12:18 am

Yes. If we remembered everything, our brains would be cluttered.

Written By: Wobo on 03/11/18 at 12:23 am

I only remember special events like me going on a road trip in 2015.

Written By: 2001 on 03/11/18 at 12:31 am

I read about a lady who remembered everything, right down to what she had for lunch on April 11, 1983 or whatever. Apparently it wasn't fun because she would often relive some awful memories with vivid detail very regularly.

Edit: it's called hyperthymesia and is considered a disorder https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthymesia

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/11/18 at 12:07 pm

Aren't brains supposed to store everything?

I read about a lady who remembered everything, right down to what she had for lunch on April 11, 1983 or whatever. Apparently it wasn't fun because she would often relive some awful memories with vivid detail very regularly.

Edit: it's called hyperthymesia and is considered a disorder https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthymesia
I just read the link and it says that people who have it are more likely to remember everything that happened to them personally than general events unless it included that part.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/11/18 at 12:19 pm

Aren't brains supposed to store everything?

No. Our brains take the information that is most important and disregards the rest. Hence the saying "use it or lose it."  If we remembered everything, we wouldn't be able to focus because our brains would be overwhelmed.

Edit: Just realized this thread is referring to events that you've experienced. What I wrote is more relevant to knowledge and skills. However, I still think it holds some truth with regard to events you've witnessed. Memories can fade or become inaccurate  over time. The brain isn't meant to store all the pieces of information you come across.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/11/18 at 12:39 pm

No. Our brains take the information that is most important and disregards the rest. Hence the saying "use it or lose it." If we remembered everything, we wouldn't be able to focus because our brains would be overwhelmed.
Ahh I see. Yeah, so that means it goes back to what I said in my OP. While we will always remember 2017, we're all not going to recall everything that happened in that year.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/11/18 at 12:48 pm

Not to get all mystical or anything, but I am convinced we DO remember everything that has happened to us in our lives. It's in there in our brain/mind somewhere, we just don't know it. It would be kind of chaotic and even traumatic if we DID remember it all, all the time. So its kind of like n a secret store room somewhere. But recently I had a dream, and in it was a classmate of mine from kindergarten whom I don't think I saw or ever thought of again after kindergarten. Nor was this person particularly special or memorable in my life. And, let me tell you, I went to kindergarten decades and decades and decades and decades ago.  So obviously I DO remember, but one has to be in a certain state, like the dream state, for these memories to float back to the surface. I have had other instances of this happening also, which is why I am convinced it's all in there somewhere. And I honestly don't want it to all come tumbling out either.  Some sleeping dogs should remain sleeping.  :)

Written By: Howard on 03/11/18 at 3:02 pm

I have a bit of trouble trying to remember most things that I either have seen or have someone tell me, I tend to forget and my brain doesn't feel like it absorbed words, phrases or sentences.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/11/18 at 4:35 pm

OH THAT SHOOTING I REMEMBER THAT day but I don't know what day it was but I was just in my room channel surfing and I heard about it on TV
And I remember the Texas church shooting.
That's what I mean. People will remember that shooting, but they will most likely forget when it happened.

Who remember the Umpqua shooting? I was in the living room and I saw the coverage on CNN.
I do, but I had to look it up because I didn't remember when it occurred.

I've only heard of the Texas shooting but I didn't put that because it occurred in November 2017 when the Las Vegas occurred a month before and you said if I remember shootings that happened BEFORE the Las Vegas one. ;D
Do you recall any others besides Orlando?

Not to get all mystical or anything, but I am convinced we DO remember everything that has happened to us in our lives. It's in there in our brain/mind somewhere, we just don't know it. It would be kind of chaotic and even traumatic if we DID remember it all, all the time. So its kind of like in a secret storeroom somewhere. But recently I had a dream, and in it was a classmate of mine from kindergarten whom I don't think I saw or ever thought of again after kindergarten. Nor was this person particularly special or memorable in my life. And, let me tell you, I went to kindergarten decades and decades and decades and decades ago.  So obviously I DO remember, but one has to be in a certain state, like the dream state, for these memories to float back to the surface. I have had other instances of this happening also, which is why I am convinced it's all in there somewhere. And I honestly don't want it to all come tumbling out either.  Some sleeping dogs should remain sleeping.  :)
Do you think we could find that secret key to unlock the hidden memories we have forgotten? And I wonder has that happened to all of us that we think of someone that truly wasn't in our circle?

I have a bit of trouble trying to remember most things that I either have seen or had someone tell me, I tend to forget and my brain doesn't feel like it absorbed words, phrases or sentences.
See? It goes back to my OP. For example, do you remember what you did exactly two 2 weeks ago?

Written By: Lyndialy on 03/11/18 at 4:56 pm

It's very normal not to recollect everything. That is just how the brain works.We can't recall everything or our brain would be inundated. Our brain registers some memories as more consequential so we naturally retain them.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/11/18 at 5:48 pm

I have a really good memory. It was actually the night before my wedding, we were hosting a pre-wedding party at our house. My family was in the living room, his family was in the dining room. I was wondering around making sure all our guests were taken care of. My dad calls me into the living room to ask about our trip to Florida if we stayed in a motel or camped. I said that we stayed in a motel. What makes that so significant about that fact that I would know that was that I was the youngest and was only 3 at the time when we went. My dad knew that I would remember.

Yes, I don't remember EVERYTHING but I do remember A LOT. I will tell Carlos stuff that I remember and he would say, "How do you remember that?" Then he will ask, "WHY do you remember that?"

Even though I would probably remember a lot without doing these three things, they do help me to remember:

1. I keep a journal. I don't write in it everyday but I will usually make an entry at least once a week-sometimes more.
2. I take a lot of photos and they are stored on my computer by date.
3. I create videos of special trips and since 2014, I created a "Year in Review" video of most of the photos/videos I have taken of that year.

Many times I go back to those 3 things-I read old journal entries, look at my old photos and watch my videos.

Not to get all mystical or anything, but I am convinced we DO remember everything that has happened to us in our lives. It's in there in our brain/mind somewhere, we just don't know it. It would be kind of chaotic and even traumatic if we DID remember it all, all the time. So its kind of like n a secret store room somewhere. But recently I had a dream, and in it was a classmate of mine from kindergarten whom I don't think I saw or ever thought of again after kindergarten. Nor was this person particularly special or memorable in my life. And, let me tell you, I went to kindergarten decades and decades and decades and decades ago.  So obviously I DO remember, but one has to be in a certain state, like the dream state, for these memories to float back to the surface. I have had other instances of this happening also, which is why I am convinced it's all in there somewhere. And I honestly don't want it to all come tumbling out either.  Some sleeping dogs should remain sleeping.  :)

I totally agree. There have been many times when I would dream about someone I haven't thought of in years or sometimes I will just think of someone or something that happened a long time ago and wonder why I would think of that NOW.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/12/18 at 5:36 am

That's what I mean. People will remember that shooting, but they will most likely forget when it happened.
I do, but I had to look it up because I didn't remember when it occurred.
Do you recall any others besides Orlando?
Do you think we could find that secret key to unlock the hidden memories we have forgotten? And I wonder has that happened to all of us that we think of someone that truly wasn't in our circle?
See? It goes back to my OP. For example, do you remember what you did exactly two 2 weeks ago?

I believe I was working on that day.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/12/18 at 11:53 am

So last night I had a dream. I'm not going to go into details about it but there were a bunch of people in it. In my dream, I knew them. When I awoke, I didn't. But, then I thought about this thread and thought about something. Maybe all those people in my dream were people I used to know-people I went to school with or people I used to work with but forgot about-which is why I knew them in my dream. When I awoke, I couldn't remember who they were but they must be in my memory somewhere which is why I dreamt about them.

Cat

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/13/18 at 12:06 am

I believe I was working on that day.
Do you remember how the weather was like that day?

Written By: Howard on 03/13/18 at 7:58 am

Do you remember how the weather was like that day?

I believe it was sunny and cold.

Written By: Howard on 03/13/18 at 7:58 am

I think because of my OCD, it makes it hard to remember certain things. :(

Written By: Lizardmatum on 03/13/18 at 5:09 pm

This I agree with! I think it's still somewhere in our minds subconsciously.

Some eras of my life I remember more than other's and it usually correlates with how much I enjoyed them. I do think for me personally I let the bad memories fade and the good memories stay strong.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/13/18 at 6:41 pm

The further back in time you go the harder it is to remember. What were you doing on this exact day five years ago? How was the weather and what did you wear? What did you eat for breakfast that morning?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/13/18 at 7:02 pm

The further back in time you go the harder it is to remember. What were you doing on this exact day five years ago? How was the weather and what did you wear? What did you eat for breakfast that morning?
Agreed! There's no way I can't remember what I was doing exactly on this day 5 years ago. It's just not easy.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/13/18 at 7:10 pm

Agreed! There's no way I can't remember what I was doing exactly on this day 5 years ago. It's just not easy.

And it’s very weird too because we were old enough to remember things vividly, but trying to remember what we did exactly 5 years ago is like trying to remember stuff from when you were 1-2 years old. It’s weird how our memory works.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/13/18 at 7:16 pm

And it’s very weird too because we were old enough to remember things vividly, but trying to remember what we did exactly 5 years ago is like trying to remember stuff from when you were 1-2 years old. It’s weird how our memory works.
Agreed! Again, it goes back to what I said in one of my posts. While we will always remember 2013 and other years, we're not going to recall everything that occurred during those years though.

Written By: Howard on 03/14/18 at 2:59 pm

We only remember things that we can remember.

Written By: Lyndialy on 03/14/18 at 5:51 pm

It is essentially arduous for me to recollect many things especially when they're school related in which I have to study but I forget what I studied 5 minutes later. It takes an abundance of time to get it all in my head. Yet I can memorize a songs lyrics no matter how much time passed! :o

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/15/18 at 7:12 pm

It is essentially arduous for me to recollect many things especially when they're school related in which I have to study but I forget what I studied 5 minutes later. It takes an abundance of time to get it all in my head. Yet I can memorize a songs lyrics no matter how much time passed! :o

This is exactly how I feel.  ;D It's weird how our memory works. According to our brain, knowing the lyrics to a song is more important than what we have to study for an exam. ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/16/18 at 7:43 am

I'd probably remember what I had read in the newspaper this morning or maybe trying to remember the last song I listened to on my internet radio, those are probably the easiest.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/16/18 at 1:18 pm

I wake up in the morning and most days I remember my dream(s). I get out of bed and then the dreams just leave me and I can't remember them.

Then at night after the light is turned off and I'm ready to fall asleep again, the dream from the night before jumps back into my head and I can remember it again. I just don't understand that.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/16/18 at 1:42 pm

I wake up in the morning and most days I remember my dream(s). I get out of bed and then the dreams just leave me and I can't remember them.

Then at night after the light is turned off and I'm ready to fall asleep again, the dream from the night before jumps back into my head and I can remember it again. I just don't understand that.

Cat
The same does happen to me. I get an single frame image the following night, which links into the previous night's dream. The best dreams I remember, especially if I get the chance to tell a someone, then the storyline sticks in my memory.

Written By: Howard on 03/16/18 at 1:45 pm

Cat

Have you tried dream journals? ???

Written By: Howard on 03/16/18 at 1:46 pm

Cat

I can't even remember most of my dreams after I've woken up.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/16/18 at 1:47 pm

Dreams are a personal thing, so how can someone interpret them?

Written By: mqg96 on 03/16/18 at 2:03 pm

Cat

CAT!!!!! WOW!!!! I thought I was the only one going through this! I've told this to my parents and my other family many times before! Several years ago I had a major dream that was adventurous and weird at the same time, then I wake up out of the dream because it's the morning and I forget it immediately, but 6 months later, and I mean literally 6 months later, I go to sleep one night and my consciousness goes back to that dream exactly where I left off from 6 months before and I remember everything from that dream again. It's like part 1 of that dream I have in March and part 2 of that dream I have in September. It's weird but at the same time it's amazing how that works.

Written By: Howard on 03/16/18 at 2:03 pm

Dreams are a personal thing, so how can someone interpret them?

By writing them down after you've woken up.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 03/16/18 at 2:04 pm

I remember reading online somewhere that humans can remember everything they've experienced and seen/heard from around age 2 and up.

Whether those memories will be accessed is a different story, it's extremely hard to access memories from when let's say you were 3 that you haven't thought about since you were 3, but it is possible. You can remember something that you haven't thought about in 20+ years, which is crazy to me, but it's interesting that there's just all these memories in your head that 'can' be unlocked, but they may never be.

I have an example that happpend to me recently, I was looking at a Reddit thread one day and someone mentioned this Lilo & Stitch sandwich stacking game, I had no clue what it was until I clicked on a link someone responded with, which lead to the game.

I recognized the game and a memory popped into my head of Google searching "Lilo & Stitch game" on Google as a kid, then playing the game on that Disney site. I've never discussed anything about that game in person or online before, that was the only time I played it and I don't believe I've thought about it for 12 or so years, which was around the time I played it, it's pretty cool to me that it's possible for that to happen.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/16/18 at 2:12 pm

I can't even remember most of my dreams after I've woken up.

It seems like when I was a young kid I could remember my dreams a lot better after I woke up. Since my teen years up to now it's like as soon as I wake up I'll forget them, but if I wake up in the middle of the night while I'm still half sleep I still remember what happened. I remember as a kid if I had a nightmare and I woke up in the middle of the night, I made sure I got out of bed and just sit up trying hard not to go back to sleep, because if I went back to sleep I'd go right back to that same nightmare and the torture resumes. Also, the type of pain you feel in a bad dream or nightmare isn't the same as physical pain when you're awake. Pain inside of a dream is like your negative emotions triggered combined with a different type of pain I can't explain. Like a painful tickle. I remember having a dream once where my spirit was out of my physical body, and at the end of the dream I zoomed into myself in the bed asleep and I was back inside my body when I woke up (in that same position!). Now the worst nightmares are when you're in an endless loop, or false awakening dreams. I was at my grandparents house asleep (in real life), and I kept waking up inside of my own house thinking the nightmare was over, but the nightmare kept going on over and over again, and I kept waking up from a nightmare into another nightmare. It wasn't until I woke up and realized "oh, I forgot we spent the night at my grandparents house... phew!"

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 03/16/18 at 2:22 pm

CAT!!!!! WOW!!!! I thought I was the only one going through this! I've told this to my parents and my other family many times before! Several years ago I had a major dream that was adventurous and weird at the same time, then I wake up out of the dream because it's the morning and I forget it immediately, but 6 months later, and I mean literally 6 months later, I go to sleep one night and my consciousness goes back to that dream exactly where I left off from 6 months before and I remember everything from that dream again. It's like part 1 of that dream I have in March and part 2 of that dream I have in September. It's weird but at the same time it's amazing how that works.

I'm also surprised that other people have experienced this. A really strange thing that happened to me that I haven't seemed to find anyone else it has happened to is that I had basically a series of dreams from age 4-9 that was a story. Literally almost every dream I had in those years was about this, there was a witch that took all of my family and friends away from me in a dream when I was 4, almost every dream after that continued the story and I basically went on a lot of adventures and there were weird recurring things in my dreams that kept happening and I never actually saw my family or friends in those dreams unless myself in the dream was thinking about them.

One example of a recurring thing that happened a lot throughout my dreams during that time is that when someone tried to help me find my family and friends, or even if I was doing something else with them (it was always someone I'd never seen in real life unless they were a fictional character) is that they'd start melting into this white gooey stuff at the end, and there was this thing about a lot of the people I saw in my dreams not actually being real, like they weren't human or were never there.

I finally stopped having those dreams when I was 9 and the witch died. I haven't had anything
like that happen in my dreams since then.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/16/18 at 2:37 pm

By writing them down after you've woken up.
My handwriting is not it's best at the best of times.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/16/18 at 3:40 pm

I keep a journal and if I remember my dreams as I am making a journal entry, those dreams are included.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/16/18 at 3:45 pm

What gets me about a lot of dreams I have is that many of them take place in my old apartment. I haven't lived there since 1998 and I only lived there for 6 years. But, it was a good place for me-it was the first (and probably the only) place that was all-mine. I didn't share it with anyone. But, lately I have been having a bunch of dreams where I dream that we have bought an old house. Hmmmm, I wonder where that came from.  ;) :D :D

As for interpreting dreams, I have been known to be able to do that. My youngest step-daughter has called me to ask me to interpret a dream for her from time to time.

Cat

Written By: mqg96 on 03/16/18 at 4:35 pm

What gets me about a lot of dreams I have is that many of them take place in my old apartment. I haven't lived there since 1998 and I only lived there for 6 years. But, it was a good place for me-it was the first (and probably the only) place that was all-mine. I didn't share it with anyone. But, lately I have been having a bunch of dreams where I dream that we have bought an old house. Hmmmm, I wonder where that came from.  ;) :D :D

As for interpreting dreams, I have been known to be able to do that. My youngest step-daughter has called me to ask me to interpret a dream for her from time to time.

Cat

I'm 22 years old, so I have grandparents on my mom's side who lived in this house from the mid 80's until 2000. Then they moved to this house in late 2000/early 2001 which is the house that belongs to my aunt now and we still go in it to this day. So, the house that my grandparents lived in from the mid 80's until 2000, I have memories of that entire house when I was 3 & 4 year old's, and that was earlier in my life when my memories were only vague. It's been 18 years now since nobody has stepped into that house (if it's still there), but once every year since 2001, I always have a dream about that old house like a photographic memory. Even last year I had another dream about that old house my grandparents lived in that I haven't been in since I was 4 years old! Sometimes I'll have dreams that my brain (memories) remind me of that I didn't even remember. I've had random dreams where I was at Walmart and the people in the stores are random people from who I've seen in stores throughout my entire life.

Honestly, I think this is proof that your brain has a recollection of your WHOLE life from the day you were born, no matter how much we forget or as much information we try to cram in. Short term or long term memory loss, the recollections are still in your brain somewhere. No matter how hard we try to remember we can't remember every single detail of what happened throughout our lives, but all those memories are still hidden in your brain somewhere. This is something UltraGameDog brought up earlier.

Written By: Rosequartz2000 on 03/16/18 at 9:05 pm

My neighbor used to say I had the memory of an elephant. I can remember everything from age 4 onwards; before that, it's kinda hazy.

Written By: Howard on 03/17/18 at 3:15 pm

It seems like when I was a young kid I could remember my dreams a lot better after I woke up. Since my teen years up to now it's like as soon as I wake up I'll forget them, but if I wake up in the middle of the night while I'm still half sleep I still remember what happened. I remember as a kid if I had a nightmare and I woke up in the middle of the night, I made sure I got out of bed and just sit up trying hard not to go back to sleep, because if I went back to sleep I'd go right back to that same nightmare and the torture resumes. Also, the type of pain you feel in a bad dream or nightmare isn't the same as physical pain when you're awake. Pain inside of a dream is like your negative emotions triggered combined with a different type of pain I can't explain. Like a painful tickle. I remember having a dream once where my spirit was out of my physical body, and at the end of the dream I zoomed into myself in the bed asleep and I was back inside my body when I woke up (in that same position!). Now the worst nightmares are when you're in an endless loop, or false awakening dreams. I was at my grandparents house asleep (in real life), and I kept waking up inside of my own house thinking the nightmare was over, but the nightmare kept going on over and over again, and I kept waking up from a nightmare into another nightmare. It wasn't until I woke up and realized "oh, I forgot we spent the night at my grandparents house... phew!"

I used to have "nocturnal emissions" and those were good dreams, it was one of those sexy dreams you'd have right after you've woken up, I always had sex on the brain.

Written By: y2kkid92 on 03/17/18 at 3:38 pm

Honestly everything from 1997-2013 is just one big blur to me I probably sound like such a old fart don't I

Written By: Howard on 03/18/18 at 7:36 am

Do you guys feel the need to write thing down if you think it's difficult to witness or experience things?

Check for new replies or respond here...