inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Am I the only one here who has a terrible memory?

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/11/18 at 3:16 pm

This thread was inspired by UltraGameDog's thread on memory. I'm aware that I don't have the best memory out there but being on this board often makes me feel like I have terrible recollection skills. ;D  Many members here in my age group seem to remember some of the most miniature details about pop culture growing up than I do. Even members 4-5 years younger than me seem to remember things that I don't. For example, most of the commercials posted in the "first commercials you remember" thread I don't remember at all. Many of the people in that thread are younger than me yet I don't remember those commercials from the late 90s, early/2000s and later.

Am I the only one who can't remember this stuff? Maybe I just didn't pay attention too much things around me. My main focus has always been music I guess. Either that or memories just vary from person to person too much.

Subject: Re: Am I The Only One Here Who Has a Terrible Memory?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/11/18 at 4:00 pm

I think it does vary from person to person. I honestly don't remember what was the first commercial I saw, but I do recall the rest that came later.

Subject: Re: Am I the only one here who has a terrible memory?

Written By: Lyndialy on 03/11/18 at 4:41 pm

My recollection sucks in school. Everytime I endeavor to study I still forget the material. In math I will sometimes not understand or recollect intricate materials on what we learned. I bet other people feel that way but my recollection is not as deplorable as it is in class. I don't remember what I did when I was a toddler. My earliest recollections are blurry but perphaps that is no surprise. Who wants to remember crapping their diapers??

Written By: Howard on 03/12/18 at 5:39 am

My memory and recollection is not great but I can remember some things but not all.

Written By: 2001 on 03/14/18 at 2:21 pm

I don't remember commercials either to be honest (which is why I haven't even looked or posted in that thread), because I was annoyed when they came on and didn't pay attention.

Written By: Howard on 03/14/18 at 2:39 pm

I don't remember commercials either to be honest (which is why I haven't even looked or posted in that thread), because I was annoyed when they came on and didn't pay attention.

I can remember some commercials growing up during The 1980's.

Check for new replies or respond here...