inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What was the first concert you attended?

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/11/18 at 3:21 pm

The very first concert I attended was BET's Scream Tour in 2002. I saw B2K, Bow Wow,  and Jhene Aiko. What was your first?

Subject: Re: What was the first concert you attended?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/11/18 at 3:57 pm

Chris Brown in 2011. I was late to the game.

The very first concert I attended was BET's Scream Tour in 2002. I saw B2K, Bow Wow,  and Jhene Aiko. What was your first?
Was she starting out at this time? I don't recall listening to any of her songs until 2013-14.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/11/18 at 5:53 pm

Chris Brown in 2011. I was late to the game.
Was she starting out at this time? I don't recall listening to any of her songs until 2013-14.

Yeah, she was just starting out. She's been around for a while but is just now starting to gain widespread popularity. They used to say she was Lil Fizz's cousin lol. I just learned recently that she's not.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/11/18 at 6:12 pm

Yeah, she was just starting out. She's been around for a while but is just now starting to gain widespread popularity. They used to say she was Lil Fizz's cousin lol. I just learned recently that she's not.
Oh. Well, I didn't know that. I wonder if any of Jhene Aiko's early songs are online somewhere? Her content must have been different compared to what she sings about today.

Written By: Lyndialy on 03/11/18 at 9:53 pm

The weeknd concert 2015

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/11/18 at 10:20 pm

Oh. Well, I didn't know that. I wonder if any of Jhene Aiko's early songs are online somewhere? Her content must have been different compared to what she sings about today.

I didn't really listen to her music back then. I just knew who she was because she would be with B2K. Also I've seen Chris Brown live too. Did you enjoy his concert?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/11/18 at 11:46 pm

Platinum Blonde at the Markham Theatre September 25, 2015.  I screamed my head off like I would have done when I was 11.  I think I made Sergio Galli, the band's guitar player, blush when I shouted out "OH! I LOVE YOU SERGIO!"!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/12/18 at 12:08 pm

Again, this will be dating me.  :-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMCTjO_dHI

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 03/12/18 at 6:34 pm

Strange as it may sound I don't count the first two concerts I went to because I really didn't care
for the bands. My brother and cousin dragged me to the first one, Led Zeppelin in 1973. My brother
also dragged me to the second one, Kiss in 1977.

The first concert I went to because I wanted to was Emerson Lake & Palmer, Feb. 5, 1978.
The blizzard of '78 started that night. Those alive then in the Northeast should remember that.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/12/18 at 8:36 pm

I didn't really listen to her music back then. I just knew who she was because she would be with B2K. Also I've seen Chris Brown live too. Did you enjoy his concert?
Yeah, it was good. I had a great time that year, but it rained where I was when his concert took place.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/12/18 at 9:17 pm

...it was the Cowsills at Mountain Park in Northampton, Mass...

I like the Cowsills - they had some excellent hits!

... dragged me to the first one, Led Zeppelin in 1973...

I wish I'd been dragged to see Led Zeppelin  ;D

My first concert was in spring 1974 - I'd just turned 14 - went to see the Jackson 5.  We had pathetic seats but I was thrilled anyway.  They had just released their new smash hit, Dancing Machine.  Happy me!  :D

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/12/18 at 9:26 pm

My first concert was in spring 1974 - I'd just turned 14 - went to see the Jackson 5.  We had pathetic seats but I was thrilled anyway.  They had just released their new smash hit, Dancing Machine.  Happy me!  :D

Wow, that's amazing! You're extremely lucky!!

Written By: loki 13 on 03/12/18 at 9:50 pm

I wish I'd been dragged to see Led Zeppelin  ;D

;D

I was 11, I don't even know why they took me.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/12/18 at 9:54 pm

Wow, that's amazing! You're extremely lucky!!

Thanks!  :)  Their dancing was amazing - especially Michael!

Written By: Alexander1956 on 03/12/18 at 10:44 pm

Led Zeppelin at Madison Square Garden in 1970.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/18 at 5:27 am

The first pop concert I attended was back in the mid 1970s was by a minor rock band, but cannot remember the name of the band, and now I want to know the name of the band, but I can remember the venue. One day I will go there to find out.

The first classical concert was by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, in which one of the pieces was Beethoven's 7th Symphony, it was around about the same time as above.

In March/April 1979 I did attend a concert by John Denver, and I call this my first pop concert.

Written By: Howard on 03/13/18 at 7:56 am

Thanks!  :)  Their dancing was amazing - especially Michael!

Did they sing their other hits?

Written By: Howard on 03/13/18 at 7:56 am

Led Zeppelin at Madison Square Garden in 1970.

How was the concert?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/13/18 at 2:19 pm

The first pop concert I attended was back in the mid 1970s was by a minor rock band, but cannot remember the name of the band, and now I want to know the name of the band, but I can remember the venue. One day I will go there to find out.

The first classical concert was by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, in which one of the pieces was Beethoven's 7th Symphony, it was around about the same time as above.

In March/April 1979 I did attend a concert by John Denver, and I call this my first pop concert.

I was on a class trip to the Air & Space Museum in Washington D.C. when John Denver was also there. He was sporting a beard at the time-I think because he was TRYING to go unnoticed but it didn't work. All the kids kept going up to him and shaking his hand. I was a bit shy (surprising I know). Actually, I felt bad because I'm sure the guy just wanted to view the museum without being pestered by a bunch of school kids. A friend of mine went up to him and said, "My friend wants to shake your hand" so he shook my hand.

There is a pic of him with my sister. I really don't know the story behind it of when or how she met him but it really looked like he was looking down my sister's shirt.  :o :o :o

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/18 at 3:48 pm

I was on a class trip to the Air & Space Museum in Washington D.C. when John Denver was also there. He was sporting a beard at the time-I think because he was TRYING to go unnoticed but it didn't work. All the kids kept going up to him and shaking his hand. I was a bit shy (surprising I know). Actually, I felt bad because I'm sure the guy just wanted to view the museum without being pestered by a bunch of school kids. A friend of mine went up to him and said, "My friend wants to shake your hand" so he shook my hand.

There is a pic of him with my sister. I really don't know the story behind it of when or how she met him but it really looked like he was looking down my sister's shirt.  :o :o :o

Cat
I have just recently learn that he was involved with citizens to be space, and if he had qualified he would have been on that fatal Space Shuttle Challenger. 

Written By: Rosequartz2000 on 03/16/18 at 9:01 pm

I believe it was the Spice Girls. Could be wrong.

Check for new replies or respond here...