inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Every kid born in the early 2000s in high school now

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/15/18 at 8:52 pm

The early 2000s were Jan 2000 - Apr 2003 and all students born in that time span are in C/O 2018, C/O 2019, C/O 2020, C/O 2021, which are the current high schoolers of the 2017-2018 school year.

My point is, we're growing up now. For the first time we're seen as the big kids.

I've been having feels because I'm C/O 2020 and I realized that I'm almost an adult (16 now), my junior year starts in a few months, and my senior year starts in a little over a year. In Summer 2018, the end of my freshman year and the start of my senior will be the same distance away in time.

Any thoughts on this?

Subject: Re: Every kid born in the early 2000s in high school now

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/15/18 at 8:59 pm

The fact that y'all are getting older makes me feel old.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/15/18 at 9:55 pm

The fact that y'all are getting older makes me feel old.

Happy Birthday!

We were in high school together, well for one year. Time certainly does fly! The older you get, the faster and faster time eats you up. 2 years from now I'll be able to say my freshman year of high school was a DECADE ago! When it only feels like yesterday to me.

Written By: Wobo on 03/15/18 at 10:11 pm

2003 and 2004 is hanging on.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/15/18 at 10:18 pm

Happy Birthday!

We were in high school together, well for one year. Time certainly does fly! The older you get, the faster and faster time eats you up. 2 years from now I'll be able to say my freshman year of high school was a DECADE ago! When it only feels like yesterday to me.

Thank you!  :)

You're right. As you get older time goes by so fast. It's scary to think that in only 3 years it'll be time for my class reunion. :o

Written By: mqg96 on 03/15/18 at 10:26 pm

Thank you!  :)

You're right. As you get older time goes by so fast. It's scary to think that in only 3 years it'll be time for my class reunion. :o

Yeah, and if we go back to our elementary school years, you'll realize how time felt "forever" like. Our kid years went by extremely slow, but that's another reason why we may miss that easy time in our lives (or not depending on your family situation). Middle school was evenly paced but not too fast overall. It seems like the moment you jump to high school your life begins to speed at a faster rate. One grade in elementary school alone back then feels like half of your time working on a college degree now.

Written By: 2001 on 03/15/18 at 10:37 pm

I can't believe 2007-2008 school year was 10 years ago.

Wait that also means 1997-1998 school year was two decades ago. RIP me.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 03/15/18 at 11:18 pm

Kids that were born when I was in kindergarten start high school in a few months.
Not only that, but in about 15 more months, once the C/O 2019 graduates, there'll be no one left in high school whom attended it with me. Plus, by then, the incoming freshman will be the C/O 2023, whom are a decade younger than the oldest group I attended high school with (C/O 2013).

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/16/18 at 6:51 pm

The early 2000s were Jan 2000 - Apr 2003 and all students born in that time span are in C/O 2018, C/O 2019, C/O 2020, C/O 2021, which are the current high schoolers of the 2017-2018 school year.

My point is, we're growing up now. For the first time we're seen as the big kids.

I've been having feels because I'm C/O 2020 and I realized that I'm almost an adult (16 now), my junior year starts in a few months, and my senior year starts in a little over a year. In Summer 2018, the end of my freshman year and the start of my senior will be the same distance away in time.

Any thoughts on this?

Kids that were born when we were in our last year of elementary school are going to start kindergarten later this year.

Starting next school year, every kid we attended elementary school with will no longer be in elementary. (2007 borns are the only current elementary schoolers that us C/O 2020 folks attended elementary with)

The current Kindergarteners are a decade younger than us.

Speaking of Kindergarteners, starting next school year, every early 2010’s born (Jan 2010 - April 2013) will be in elementary school.

We are closer to our first day of senior year than our last day of 7th grade.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/16/18 at 7:08 pm

We are closer to our first day of senior year than our last day of 7th grade.

In a few months time, we'll be closer to are first day of college than are last day of middle school.

Written By: Dundee on 03/16/18 at 7:59 pm

Ayyy 2000s borns finally hitting uni starting next year :D

We 90s borns are already old news :-\\

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/18/18 at 8:42 am

In a few months time, we'll be closer to are first day of college than are last day of middle school.

Also, people born in 2010 are the same age that we were when they were born.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/18/18 at 8:45 am

Also, people born in 2010 are the same age that we were when they were born.

:o

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/18/18 at 8:47 am

:o

It's weird to think about. People who were born when we were in second grade are in second grade right now.
We've been in school for quite some time now. ;D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/18/18 at 5:25 pm

Everybody that I went to elementary school with is now older than 25.

Kids that were born during my freshman year will finish their senior year next year.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/18/18 at 5:34 pm

Everybody that I went to elementary school with is now older than 25.

Kids that were born during my freshman year will finish their senior year next year.
This is correct if you're only looking at an elementary school with K-5. ;) With preschool together, it would be close, but not there yet. 

Written By: 2001 on 03/18/18 at 6:21 pm

This is correct if you're only looking at an elementary school with K-5. ;) With preschool together, it would be close, but not there yet.

Elementary school ends in Grade 8 here so I'm good. The kindergarteners from then (2002 borns) are still in high school ;D

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/18/18 at 6:25 pm

Elementary school ends in Grade 8 here so I'm good. The kindergarteners from then (2002 borns) are still in high school ;D

7th & 8th graders aren't elementary schoolers, they might be go to the same school as elementary schoolers, but they're usually in a different part of the building. Grades 7-8 are junior high, sometimes they're grouped in with high schoolers, other times they're grouped in with elementary schoolers. Back when I was at a PreK-8 school, there was a grades PreK-2 pod, a grades 3-5 pod, and a grades 6-8 pod.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/18/18 at 6:26 pm

Yeah, I typically don't count preschool because I didn't start school to kindergarten, but that is true. The preschool kids when I graduated 5th grade during June 1998 wouldn't be 25 yet.

Written By: nally on 03/18/18 at 6:28 pm

7th & 8th graders aren't elementary schoolers, they might be go to the same school as elementary schoolers, but they're usually in a different part of the building. Grades 7-8 are junior high, sometimes they're grouped in with high schoolers, other times they're grouped in with elementary schoolers. Back when I was at a PreK-8 school, there was a grades PreK-2 pod, a grades 3-5 pod, and a grades 6-8 pod.

Some private schools, especially parochial/religious ones, have K through 8, or sometimes preK through 8, and treat the upper grades as elementary.

Written By: Wobo on 03/18/18 at 6:28 pm

What!?

It means Bump I think.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/18/18 at 6:29 pm

You have to keep in mind that every country is different and so some might end elementary school earlier or later.

Written By: 2001 on 03/18/18 at 6:36 pm

Where I live Grades 1 to 8 were in one building and Kindergarten was in another. I went to that school until Grade 6 though. I moved to Toronto in Grade 7, and over there was a separate middle school, but it was brand new and built because the elementary school (K-8) was overcrowded.

Written By: 2001 on 03/18/18 at 6:42 pm

You have to keep in mind that every country is different and so some might end elementary school earlier or later.

Yep. Elementary school here start when you're 3/4 years old (we have two years of kindergarten) and ends when you're 13/14 in Grade 8. We used to have 5 years of high school and people graduated when they were 18/19 but they cut the last year off and now people graduate at 17 or 18.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/18/18 at 6:43 pm

Yep. Elementary school here start when you're 3/4 years old (we have two years of kindergarten) and ends when you're 13/14 in Grade 8. We used to have 5 years of high school and people graduated when they were 18/19 but they cut the last year off and now people graduate at 17 or 18.

Five years of high school sounds like hell!  :-X

Written By: 2001 on 03/18/18 at 6:50 pm

Five years of high school sounds like hell!  :-X

Yeah, we do 4 years of university instead of 3. I prefer that ;D

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/18/18 at 6:56 pm

Where I live Grades 1 to 8 were in one building and Kindergarten was in another. I went to that school until Grade 6 though. I moved to Toronto in Grade 7, and over there was a separate middle school, but it was brand new and built because the elementary school (K-8) was overcrowded.

My PreK-8 school was only one building, but there was a hallway for PreK-2, a hallway for 3-5, and the upstairs was for middle schoolers (6-8). School buses took grades K-8 and preschoolers had no choice but for their parents to pick them up.

All grades used the same gym, art room, music room, and cafeteria. Are school had three play grounds, one for preschoolers, one for grades K-2, and one for grades 3-8, though middle schoolers only got the playground for 10 minutes after lunch and on special occasions, such as are last day of 8th grade.

Each pod had lunch at different times, kinda like how high schools have Lunch A, Lunch B, and Lunch C.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/18/18 at 6:57 pm

Yeah, we do 4 years of university instead of 3. I prefer that ;D

We have:

5 years of elementary
3 years of junior high
4 years of HS
4 years of uni

Written By: 2001 on 03/18/18 at 7:09 pm

My PreK-8 school was only one building, but there was a hallway for PreK-2, a hallway for 3-5, and the upstairs was for middle schoolers (6-8). School buses took grades K-8 and preschoolers had no choice but for their parents to pick them up.

All grades used the same gym, art room, music room, and cafeteria. Are school had three play grounds, one for preschoolers, one for grades K-2, and one for grades 3-8, though middle schoolers only got the playground for 10 minutes after lunch and on special occasions, such as are last day of 8th grade.

Each pod had lunch at different times, kinda like how high schools have Lunch A, Lunch B, and Lunch C.

Now that you mention it, where I was,  while Kindergarteners were in a separate building, Grades 1-3 were in one part of the same building, Grades 4-6 in another and Grades 6-8 in another. But this is because in elementary school, you stay in the same room no matter what class you have, rather than them trying to keep kids separate, because we had recess and lunch at the same time and we played in the same spaces (indoors when it was cold, outdoors when it was warm).

Middle schoolers didn't get the playground? That sucks! When I was in Grade 6 I'd play with the 8th Graders outside all the time :D

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/21/18 at 7:21 pm

Elementary school ends in Grade 8 here, so I'm good. The kindergarteners from then (2002 borns) are still in high school ;D
Do you feel old with that realization?

Yeah, I typically don't count preschool because I didn't start school until kindergarten, but that is true. The preschool kids when I graduated 5th grade during June 1998 wouldn't be 25 yet.
And they're all on their way there soon. Some of them are already that age now.

Although I'm aware that not everyone attends preschool, I did go to an integrated elementary with preschool included which means I would have seen people your age range at that time despite that we most likely would not have played together though.

Written By: 2001 on 03/21/18 at 9:16 pm

Do you feel old with that realization?

In a way. What made feel old a year or two ago was when my sister was complaining that she didn't have any friends who lived in our neighbourhood. I asked her "What about that girl that lives at the end of the street? You used to take the bus with her ." and my sister said "Her? She's in high school now, she probably doesn't want to hang out with me anymore." and I was like WOAH :o She was a little kid just a few years ago! She must have been born 2002 or 2001.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 03/22/18 at 1:17 am

Where I am every kid born in the early 2000s isn't in High School anymore as Early 2000 borns graduated last year and are in Uni now. Also, there are Juniors in High School here born in 2007!! :o :-[

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/22/18 at 1:26 am

Where I am every kid born in the early 2000s isn't in High School anymore as Early 2000 borns graduated last year and are in Uni now. Also, there are Juniors in High School here born in 2007!! :o :-[

When all the kids from the early 2000s in the U.S. begin attending uni I will feel super old. I don't like the thought of that. I won't even click on this thread when it happens.

Written By: ofkx on 03/22/18 at 7:34 am

When all the kids from the early 2000s in the U.S. begin attending uni I will feel super old. I don't like the thought of that. I won't even click on this thread when it happens.

You better get ready to feel old then, cause 2021 is only as far away as 2015.

Written By: graciee on 03/22/18 at 2:22 pm

I was born July 2003 and I am in the class of 2021 :)

Written By: 2001 on 03/22/18 at 2:23 pm

Hopefully Trump gets re-elected and bans universities before this happens.

Written By: Wobo on 03/22/18 at 2:25 pm

Lol what?

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/22/18 at 2:25 pm

Lol what?

He was joking lmao.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/22/18 at 2:26 pm

Even if he does ban it, that still won't stop you from aging. You will forever be old and you're just going to have to accept that.  ;)

Written By: Wobo on 03/22/18 at 5:03 pm

He was joking lmao.

I know

Written By: 2001 on 03/22/18 at 5:20 pm

Even if he does ban it, that still won't stop you from aging. You will forever be old and you're just going to have to accept that.  ;)

Who said anything about me? The important thing is people born 2000+ remain babies forever like how the world is supposed to be. ;D

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/22/18 at 5:41 pm

Who said anything about me? The important thing is people born 2000+ remain babies forever like how the world is supposed to be. ;D

Who said anything about you?

Me.

Do you want to know what I said?

I said that you are an old man and you're just going to have to accept the fact that you will never get younger and either will 2000's babies. ;)

By the way, do you want your cane?

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/22/18 at 6:48 pm

Yep. That's the way it's supposed to be.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/23/18 at 8:41 pm

In a way. What made feel old a year or two ago was when my sister was complaining that she didn't have any friends who lived in our neighborhood. I asked her "What about that girl that lives at the end of the street? You used to take the bus with her ." and my sister said "Her? She's in high school now, she probably doesn't want to hang out with me anymore." and I was like WOAH :o She was a little kid just a few years ago! She must have been born 2002 or 2001.
Yeah, I feel you. It seems those years were just yesterday, and now the folks born within that timeframe are all adolescents. :o

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/26/18 at 6:17 am

I was thinking back to my senior year today and this thread came to mind. I remember while completing a sociology project, my teacher played a bunch of '90s commercials on the overhead (since we're 90s babies and our project revolved around pop culture from different decades). It's funny to think that if this scenario were set in place in 2018, all high school kids today would be watching commercials from the 2000s.

This is still so weird.  ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 03/27/18 at 10:39 pm

Dude wait till you're over 30. 16? HAHA  ;D Sorry but god 16 when you're 31 that seems like little babies crawling around in diapers.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...