inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dragon Ball Z vs. Sailor Moon: Which is better?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/22/18 at 7:07 pm

Which one do you prefer?

https://pre00.deviantart.net/01c6/th/pre/i/2012/156/5/6/goku_ssj_and_sailor_moon_by_dbzandsm-d52f6t3.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ba/6e/0b/ba6e0b4e19d343d94e3d3b443f56a942.jpg

I prefer DBZ but Sailor Moon was good, even though it was too girly for me.

Subject: Re: Dragon Ball Z vs. Sailor Moon: Which is better?

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/22/18 at 7:17 pm

I prefer Sailor Moon but of course I loved DBZ as well. Like you said, SM is going to appeal more to girls. DBZ more to boys.

Btw do you remember Sailor Moon from when it aired on TV or did you watch it later on? Just curious.

Written By: annimal on 03/22/18 at 7:34 pm

My brothers watched DbZ  so I'd be able to recall that if I were to see some

Written By: Mat1991 on 03/22/18 at 7:36 pm

There are male fans of Sailor Moon, myself included.

I always preferred SM over DBZ, precisely because it was a girlier alternative.  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 03/22/18 at 8:25 pm

Dude who loves DBZ checking in  :D

Loved Sailor Moon too. Actually in 1999-2000 school year, we got stickers for answering questions or doing well on tests, and if you got 20 stickers you would get a present from the teacher. Anyway, I FILLED my board with Sailor Moon stickers haha. Thankfully that year in my homeroom class there were me and only two other boys, the rest of the 20 or so students were girls, so I didn't get picked on for it much  8)

But DBZ will always be my greatest obsession. Every kid in the neighbourhood was watching it, even the teens! My friends would either come over to my house to watch it or I'd go over to theirs. And after the episodes aired, we'd go on YTV.com to read the episode guide for tomorrow, and get all hyped, theorize what was going to happen and even play/act it out. Those days were the best ;D

Then there was always that one kid who's lie and say he the Japanese Dragonball AF clip on Kazaa and that Krillin is Super Saiyan 11. Ah huh. And I'd fall for it every time.  :-X

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/22/18 at 8:40 pm

I prefer Sailor Moon but of course I loved DBZ as well. Like you said, SM is going to appeal more to girls. DBZ more to boys.

Btw do you remember Sailor Moon from when it aired on TV or did you watch it later on? Just curious.

I have only watched a few episodes of Sailor Moon and they were good but like I said it's a bit too girly for me.

I watched them a few years ago online because I only barely got to see SM on TV.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/22/18 at 8:41 pm

Dude who loves DBZ checking in  :D

Loved Sailor Moon too. Actually in 1999-2000 school year, we got stickers for answering questions or doing well on tests, and if you got 20 stickers you would get a present from the teacher. Anyway, I FILLED my board with Sailor Moon stickers haha. Thankfully that year in my homeroom class there were me and only two other boys, the rest of the 20 or so students were girls, so I didn't get picked on for it much  8)

But DBZ will always be my greatest obsession. Every kid in the neighbourhood was watching it, even the teens! My friends would either come over to my house to watch it or I'd go over to theirs. And after the episodes aired, we'd go on YTV.com to read the episode guide for tomorrow, and get all hyped, theorize what was going to happen and even play/act it out. Those days were the best ;D

Then there was always that one kid who's lie and say he the Japanese Dragonball AF clip on Kazaa and that Krillin is Super Saiyan 11. Ah huh. And I'd fall for it every time.  :-X

Yep! 8)

Written By: gibbo on 03/22/18 at 8:59 pm

I remember watching Sailor Moon with my daughters (many years ago). I actually enjoyed the entire series. DBZ did not grab me the same way.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/23/18 at 1:43 pm

Sailor Moon.  I always the theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5txHGxJRwtQ

What I didn't like about the series was the American dubbed version had Sailor Neptune & Sailor Uranus as being cousins when it was obvious they were lesbian lovers.  ::)

I never saw Dragon Ball Z.

Cat

Written By: Dundee on 03/23/18 at 1:57 pm

I watched a bit of Dragon ball z, I guess ill go with that ;D

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/23/18 at 1:58 pm

I watched a bit of Dragon ball z, I guess ill go with that ;D

I think you should watch more of it.  :D

Written By: Mat1991 on 03/23/18 at 5:09 pm

Sailor Moon.  I always the theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5txHGxJRwtQ

What I didn't like about the series was the American dubbed version had Sailor Neptune & Sailor Uranus as being cousins when it was obvious they were lesbian lovers.  ::)

I never saw Dragon Ball Z.

Cat

Yeah, that was really dumb. If they had to censor their relationship, they could have gotten away with toning it down to make it seem like they were just best friends.

Written By: annimal on 03/23/18 at 5:12 pm

uh? Rainbow Bright Fighting the Wicked Witch of the West?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/23/18 at 8:13 pm

Both since I did tune in to them on Toonami back then.

Written By: Emman on 03/23/18 at 8:27 pm

Sailor moon is literally the first anime I ever watched, that was around 1992 or 1993.

Saw DBZ for the first time in 1999 and didn't like it too much but watched it again a year later and was hooked for 3-4 years.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/23/18 at 8:55 pm

Both since I did tune in to them on Toonami back then.

That's a cop-out. You have to choose ONE.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/23/18 at 8:55 pm

Also, guys...REMEMBER TO VOTE!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/23/18 at 10:18 pm

That's a cop-out. You have to choose ONE.
I pick DBZ, but that doesn't mean I prefer one over the other. ;).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/23/18 at 10:30 pm

I pick DBZ, but that doesn't mean I prefer one over the other. ;).

Yeah, that's what 90% of people in this thread have said.

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/23/18 at 10:37 pm

DBZ.

I like Sailor Moon but as what's been said, it was for the females.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/23/18 at 10:40 pm

DBZ.

I like Sailor Moon but as what's been said, it was for the females.

Make sure to vote!

Written By: Mat1991 on 03/23/18 at 10:43 pm

Sailor moon is literally the first anime I ever watched, that was around 1992 or 1993.

Saw DBZ for the first time in 1999 and didn't like it too much but watched it again a year later and was hooked for 3-4 years.

Where'd you see it in 1992? It didn't premier in North America until 1995.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/25/18 at 12:12 am

I'm surprised SailorSteven2017 hasn't posted on this thread yet.

Written By: SailorSteven2017 on 03/27/18 at 10:42 pm

SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON  SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON  :D

Considering that I'm Usagi Tsukino, of course I'll choose my own show  8)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/27/18 at 10:51 pm

SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON  SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON SAILOR MOON  :D

Considering that I'm Usagi Tsukino, of course I'll choose my own show  8)

https://media.giphy.com/media/26gBjmGEsrFQlj8g8/giphy.gif

Written By: SailorSteven2017 on 03/27/18 at 11:29 pm

https://media.giphy.com/media/26gBjmGEsrFQlj8g8/giphy.gif

Who filmed me transforming?!  :-[    Dang Toei....

Check for new replies or respond here...