inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Most Annoying Commercials Ever

Written By: mqg96 on 04/04/18 at 3:41 pm

Commercials that are so annoying, that it makes you ears bleed and you want to turn it off right away. These commercials might be way too cringeworthy or cheesy as well. Way out of its time. This could be on TV or radio. Past or present. The first commercial that immediately comes to mind is the "Kars for Kids" commerial. I get so irritated and tired of this dumbass commercial. It sounds like some annoying little kids song from the 80's and what do cars have to do with kids when KIDS can't even get their driver's license until they're 16!!!!! This is a completely pointless commercial and everytime it comes on radio I'll turn it off and what makes it even worse is I'll forget to turn the radio back on and the podcast or music is already back on. Any other commercials from TV or radio you couldn't stand back then or you can't stand now?

K8UV7SAhvG4

Subject: Re: Most Annoying Commercials Ever

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 04/04/18 at 4:28 pm

GEICO commercials are really starting to become irritating these days.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/04/18 at 5:00 pm

Any commercial with Flo in it is annoying as hell.
3PFebslqRiI
TL_662FYE7w
vkPSNPl8TZg
5EJqQKsenyw
yYnrNh1PJD4
meiFIZgCTzM
EnoqpafXJb0
7l4Y1U0Ou1I
J4MYhWFUB0E

Even as someone who was a kid in the early 2010's, I really hated hearing Flo's voice. It's like there were an unnecessary amount of commercials from her.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/04/18 at 5:31 pm

Even as someone who was a kid in the early 2010's, I really hated hearing Flo's voice. It's like there were an unnecessary amount of commercials from her.

Hahahaha LMAO!!! You hear her on radio and TV. I remember when those progressive commercials first started (2008), and Flo is still the face of that company today. She's done over 100 commercials at this point now, so I can understand why she's annoying for you cause it can never end. That's how I feel about Kars For Kids. It just can't stop.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/04/18 at 5:36 pm

Hahahaha LMAO!!! You hear her on radio and TV. I remember when those progressive commercials first started (2008), and Flo is still the face of that company today. She's done over 100 commercials at this point now, so I can understand why she's annoying for you cause it can never end. That's how I feel about Kars For Kids. It just can't stop.

Over 100 commercials? Feels more like over 9000  ;D ;D

Written By: nally on 04/04/18 at 6:53 pm

Agreed. In fact, most of them (as of late) seem to be "misleading" advertising in a sense.

In fact, I dislike at least 90% of most TV ads from the past 10-15 years. I don't even look at 'em. 8-P

Written By: #Infinity on 04/05/18 at 12:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R91QMxCcjD4
I distinctly recall Cartoon Network playing this add like pretty much every other break, and I'm not even kidding. Being a kid at the time who didn't understand the technicals of setting up the Internet, I got so pissed at seeing this over and over that I eventually started whining, "Blah! Blah! Blah!," after the opening line (specifically after "8.0") every time it came on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKFTzl2OGzw
These commercials were the bane of my existence as a little kid. Since almost everything else was a commercial for toys, animated movies, or Chuck E. Cheese's or something like that, these would positively stick out like a sore thumb. I could find it specifically, but the worst was when that overly enthusiastic announcer would proudly declare, "Do not pay until !!! Make no interest and make no payments until !!!" In all frankness, I laugh with nostalgic glee whenever I think about these advertisements, but boy did they make me want to get back to the show throughout my childhood!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPE0WQX6Dy4
Boy, this makes Lil' Romeo and Bebe's Kids look dignified. It's one of those obnoxious ideas that you'll never forget about after stumbling across it just once. Astoundingly, I actually remember this ad being on a regular adult's television channel once as well, not just Cartoon Network!

Written By: piecesof93 on 04/05/18 at 12:11 am

9We9zMgw9jE

mBOv30osoWA

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/05/18 at 2:13 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2KRT5K9vGs

If this jerk's a doctor, then I'm an astronaut.  ::) ::) ::)

WHY HAVEN'T YOU CALLED?

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Written By: Howard on 04/05/18 at 6:00 am

Commercials that are so annoying, that it makes you ears bleed and you want to turn it off right away. These commercials might be way too cringeworthy or cheesy as well. Way out of its time. This could be on TV or radio. Past or present. The first commercial that immediately comes to mind is the "Kars for Kids" commerial. I get so irritated and tired of this dumbass commercial. It sounds like some annoying little kids song from the 80's and what do cars have to do with kids when KIDS can't even get their driver's license until they're 16!!!!! This is a completely pointless commercial and everytime it comes on radio I'll turn it off and what makes it even worse is I'll forget to turn the radio back on and the podcast or music is already back on. Any other commercials from TV or radio you couldn't stand back then or you can't stand now?

K8UV7SAhvG4

I find this commercial to be a bit annoying too. ::)

Written By: Howard on 04/05/18 at 6:01 am

3PFebslqRiI
TL_662FYE7w
vkPSNPl8TZg
5EJqQKsenyw
yYnrNh1PJD4
meiFIZgCTzM
EnoqpafXJb0
7l4Y1U0Ou1I
J4MYhWFUB0E

Did you use to watch her comedy shows, it's on YouTube somewhere.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/05/18 at 8:25 am

I find this commercial to be a bit annoying too. ::)

So annoying, that you get people speaking out about it and paradies of it. The comment section is hilarious but true.

GQFV5a-smLs nEL8dGQj3I4

o5BET_rHWuE f7p3_I5piT8

Written By: mqg96 on 04/05/18 at 8:31 am

9We9zMgw9jE

I find the camera work on the women the most cringey part of this commercial. These women look like constipated robots doing their hair like they don't want to be here. I can't even bare to look at this again.

Written By: nally on 04/05/18 at 6:05 pm

Pretty much any ad with violence in it. 8-P

Written By: violet_shy on 04/05/18 at 9:00 pm

r4FXML-zyX4 

Written By: mqg96 on 04/05/18 at 9:14 pm

r4FXML-zyX4 

The music in this commercial can be irritating for some. I don't blame you. The one Progressive commercial without Flo is still unbearable (that's right Rainbowz)!

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/05/18 at 9:23 pm

The music in this commercial can be irritating for some. I don't blame you. The one Progressive commercial without Flo is still unbearable (that's right Rainbowz)!

It felt a bit refreshing not to hear her voice for once. ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/06/18 at 5:56 am

r4FXML-zyX4 

Why is she embarrassed to be with his parents?

Written By: nally on 03/20/22 at 11:30 am

Agreed. In fact, most of them (as of late) seem to be "misleading" advertising in a sense.

And four years later, I still agree with this sentiment.

Check for new replies or respond here...