inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cover Songs: New vs Old

Written By: whistledog on 05/04/18 at 2:36 am

Do you have a favourite song that is a cover?  Post it with the original for comparison.  I love hearing covers of classic songs.  Some are terrible, but there are a lot of great ones out there

Subject: Re: Cover Songs: New vs Old

Written By: whistledog on 05/04/18 at 3:02 am

Here is the 2017 song Get what you give by Felix Cartal.  It is a cover of the 1998 song You get what you give by The New Radicals.  I love the original a lot, but when I heard this new version on the radio, it blew me away how well it worked as a House track.  I still hear it on the radio all the time and I enjoyed it so much, it was almost my #1 pick for best song of 2017. 

rtiHr2lnaGo DL7-CKirWZE

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/04/18 at 5:05 am

One song that did not hit me at first until heard it again.

Original:  All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey, we all know that one from 1994.

yXQViqx6GMY

Cover: All I Want For Christmas Is You by Tony Bennett, and for me, much admired. Released I think around 2008.

6QTMIDtQbv8

Written By: nally on 05/04/18 at 10:56 am

"Cruisin" comes to mind. I actually enjoy both the original by Smokey Robinson from 1979 and the cover by Huey Lewis & Gwyneth Paltrow from 2000 (featured in the film Duets).

Original:
-a4IfZpoz-w

Cover:
EFfn9q7cQo8

Check for new replies or respond here...