inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why are there so many teenagers on InThe00s?

Written By: duenas8 on 05/06/18 at 10:05 pm

I don't want to offend anyone, It's just a question... but I find unusual that there so many teenagers on a website like this, even there's 2005 born users :o :o :o and not only one.

Subject: Re: Why are there so many teenagers on InThe00s?

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 05/06/18 at 10:17 pm

Weren't there a lot of 90s babies here 10 years ago though?

Written By: SmartBo1 on 05/06/18 at 10:19 pm

I honestly have no idea either. ;D But, if I had to guess it would say its because we're close to coming of age and we're starting to look back on the past/our childhoods. Which then makes us become interested in how things have changed since we were kids.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 05/06/18 at 10:19 pm

SharksFan99, Black Panther, and other 1999 babies are are still 18/19 year old teenagers :P

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 05/06/18 at 10:21 pm

SharksFan99, Black Panther, and other 1999 babies are are still 18/19 year old teenagers :P

I just barely exited my teens, turned 20 almost half a year ago... yet I still feel like a teen, because I can't purchase alcohol yet...  :-[
20 is such a terrible age to be...

Written By: Dr. Mario on 05/06/18 at 10:23 pm

I just barely exited my teens, turned 20 almost half a year ago... yet I still feel like a teen, because I can't purchase alcohol yet...  :-[

Yeah, there's an alcohol bottle in your Personality Cafe avatar. It lead me to believe you were drinking underage.

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/06/18 at 10:24 pm

I wouldn't even count them.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 05/06/18 at 10:24 pm

Yeah, there's an alcohol bottle in your Personality Cafe avatar. It lead me to believe you were drinking underage.

I went to Mexico a few weeks ago, there the drinking age is 18, even for tourists.
Better believe I got wasted there  ;D

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/06/18 at 11:47 pm

The legal age here is 19 to purchase alcohol in Ontario and 18 to purchase cigarettes or recreational pot when it becomes law on July 1. 

Written By: Longaotian00 on 05/07/18 at 12:46 am

Wow....even I've been able to buy alcohol and go to nightclubs since the beginning of this year and I was born in the 2000s ;D  :P

Written By: mqg96 on 05/07/18 at 1:28 am

There's always been teens on this site for the past several years. Hasn't changed today. I've gone through archives and there are people my age or a little older who were on this site between 2011 and 2014 and they haven't gotten on this site ONCE since I signed up back in 2015 (and I was still a teen then). If I'm correct I believe mach!ne_he@d and Brian were teens when they signed up for this site too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/18 at 1:36 am

It is all down to easier access to the Internet, and the availability of computers, at the home, school, or through the mobile phone. The youth are learning using I.T. to help, and adults have other matters on mind to be not online all day.

Written By: unicornic on 05/07/18 at 8:08 am

For the same reason why adults are on inthe00s...... ???

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/07/18 at 4:41 pm

Teens has always been a part of inthe00s I think as far back as 2003 is when you saw high schoolers on here.

Written By: karen on 05/07/18 at 4:45 pm

Teens has always been a part of inthe00s I think as far back as 2003 is when you saw high schoolers on here.

All the time I have been a member here there has been some teenagers amongst the membership.  Some are still here and others drifted off when other things in life became more important.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 05/07/18 at 4:53 pm

Brian joined in 2004 when he was 18.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/07/18 at 5:02 pm

There was a time when we had an 11 year old on here-who I believe is the youngest I have ever seen on here. She is still a member but hasn't been on in a long time and is now in her '20s I believe.

I am glad to see young people on here, just like I am glad to see older people on here, too. I think it gives a good mix.

Cat

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/07/18 at 5:35 pm

There was a time when we had an 11 year old on here-who I believe is the youngest I have ever seen on here. She is still a member but hasn't been on in a long time and is now in her '20s I believe.

I am glad to see young people on here, just like I am glad to see older people on here, too. I think it gives a good mix.

Cat

I agree to this. Be young to but, don't be sensitive about it.

Written By: duenas8 on 05/07/18 at 6:03 pm

Cat

I like that too :)

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/07/18 at 7:42 pm

I honestly have no idea either. ;D But, if I had to guess it would say its because we're close to coming of age and we're starting to look back on the past/our childhoods. Which then makes us become interested in how things have changed since we were kids.

That's why I joined, although I was in my late twenties when I started feeling super nostalgic for the past. Plus it's nice to discuss current things too.

Written By: meesa on 05/07/18 at 8:48 pm

I wonder, for those of you that are teens, is it nice to have a forum atmosphere to discuss and that is the reason you like a site like this? Seems to me that with the popular social media now, people talk at each other rather than to each other. Forums encourage discussion instead of statements?

Written By: Wobo on 05/07/18 at 10:32 pm

Because there are?

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/07/18 at 11:44 pm

I saw an archived thread where a 1985 born talked about being a teen in 2003. http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe00s/1056427243.shtml

Written By: duenas8 on 05/08/18 at 12:30 am

I saw an archived thread where a 1985 born talked about being a teen in 2003. http://www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe00s/1056427243.shtml

That post is pretty nostalgic, it’s like check again an old yearbook

Written By: ofkx on 05/08/18 at 8:23 am

Actually, as a teenager myself, I also find it unusual. There's also a concentration of 2002 borns for some reason. I honestly didn't expect to find so many people around my age on here when I first signed up.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 05/08/18 at 10:45 am

Brian was born in 1987, therefore making him 17 instead of 18.

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/09/18 at 6:24 am

Why are there so many human beings on inthe00s?

Written By: 80sfan on 05/09/18 at 8:17 am

I'M OLLLDDDDDDD!!!!!  http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/HWaQd6Z.png http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/HWaQd6Z.png http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/HWaQd6Z.png

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/09/18 at 8:51 am

I'M OLLLDDDDDDD!!!!!  http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/HWaQd6Z.png http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/HWaQd6Z.png http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/HWaQd6Z.png

Better start taking glucosamine and chondroitin every day then.  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 05/09/18 at 9:15 am

Better start taking glucosamine and chondroitin every day then.  ;D

Didn't compute:----->Words too big.  :-X  :-X  :-X

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/18 at 9:25 am

...and not enough penguins!

Written By: ofkx on 05/09/18 at 9:53 am

It’s good that there are so many of us. I like to to think we balance out all the hate towards the 2010s ;D.

Written By: unicornic on 05/09/18 at 10:40 am

I’m not human, I’m a unicorn.

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/09/18 at 10:41 am

I’m not human, I’m a unicorn.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/09/18 at 12:58 pm

I wouldn't call you old. I would call you "Chronologically challenged."  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/09/18 at 1:20 pm

The 2004-2005 borns sometimes make me feel like this:

https://media.giphy.com/media/GrUhLU9q3nyRG/giphy.gif

Written By: Howard on 05/09/18 at 2:35 pm

cause we're all here for a purpose. ;)

Written By: Wobo on 05/09/18 at 2:38 pm

The 2004-2005 borns sometimes make me feel like this:

https://media.giphy.com/media/GrUhLU9q3nyRG/giphy.gif

So everybody born after 2005 doesn't make you feel like that but just 2004-2005 borns?

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/09/18 at 2:48 pm

So everybody born after 2005 doesn't make you feel like that but just 2004-2005 borns?

There aren't too many 2005+ borns here to make him feel old lol

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/09/18 at 2:59 pm

Exactly.

Written By: Wobo on 05/09/18 at 3:07 pm

I guess 1999 borns are old then.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/09/18 at 3:40 pm

I guess 1999 borns are old then.

LMAO, it's just not that serious ;).

I don't mean literally old. I just feel "older".

Written By: mqg96 on 05/09/18 at 3:59 pm

LMAO, it's just not that serious ;).

I don't mean literally old. I just feel "older".

To me you don't START getting old until you hit 40, which is the peak age of life IMO. Even when it comes to famous NBA players or NFL players, they usually fall off once they hit their late 30's but never go past 40. Any age before 40, you're still considered as "young" in general, any age after 40 is considered as "old". But you truly don't become an old, elderly person with gray hair and wrinkles until you hit 60. There's going to be milestones and huge jumps in life as I get older (I've already been through that turning 20 and 21, will have to again turning 30), but I'm truly nervous about my 50's more than anything. What happens to us throughout our 50's scare me more than any other age decade.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/18 at 4:06 pm

To me you don't START getting old until you hit 40, which is the peak age of life IMO. Even when it comes to famous NBA players or NFL players, they usually fall off once they hit their late 30's but never go past 40. Any age before 40, you're still considered as "young" in general, any age after 40 is considered as "old". But you truly don't become an old, elderly person with gray hair and wrinkles until you hit 60. There's going to be milestones and huge jumps in life as I get older (I've already been through that turning 20 and 21, will have to again turning 30), but I'm truly nervous about my 50's more than anything. What happens to us throughout our 50's scare me more than any other age decade.
You start getting old when you cannot remember the number of the candles you put on your birthday cake.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/09/18 at 4:11 pm

I'll always be young at heart http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/smugbiden.png

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/18 at 4:13 pm

I'll always be young at heart http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/smugbiden.png
Fairy tales do come true when you're young at heart?

Written By: bchris02 on 05/09/18 at 6:45 pm

Weren't there a lot of 90s babies here 10 years ago though?

Not as many.  I joined this site in 2009 and was one of the younger posters here.  There were a few 90s-borns but it was dominated mostly by 70s and 80s borns.

Written By: Howard on 05/10/18 at 5:37 am

There are some people who work out and are 60 years of age and still look as good.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/11/18 at 2:14 pm

Fairy tales do come true when you're young at heart?

Now here's the best part
you've got a head start
if you are among the very young at heart.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/11/18 at 6:04 pm

I was starting to go gray at the ripe old age of 15! NO JOKE! In fact, I probably had more gray hair in my 20s than Carlos has in his 70s.

Cat

Written By: mqg96 on 05/11/18 at 9:48 pm

I was starting to go gray at the ripe old age of 15! NO JOKE! In fact, I probably had more gray hair in my 20s than Carlos has in his 70s.

Cat

Unbelievable! I always thought men's hair went gray long before a woman's does while women's hair can stay bright colored for a much longer time. Here's what I really hate, when there's people who are in their 50's and rarely early 60's in some cases where their skin still looks very pure and young but their hair being gray makes them look older. Gray hair can be deceiving a lot of times when the person still looks young and acts young. Of course, it can be the other way around when the person skin wrinkles first while their hair color is still colorful and bright. It could be genetics or a generational thing.

Edit: After research, they say that it has something to do with the pigment cells in our hair no longer producing, which gives us our natural hair color. There's even all these steps on how to eat and treat your hair to prevent it from graying and getting your original hair color back. Well, for those who just started getting gray streaks.

Written By: Howard on 05/12/18 at 3:13 pm

Cat

That's interesting, Was it genetics? ???

Written By: Brian06 on 05/12/18 at 10:50 pm

I actually first posted here around late winter early spring 2004 when I was still just 16 years old (almost 17). I commented about the 2004 election back in the day a bit as well. Now I am turning 31 years old in just a couple days!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/12/18 at 11:07 pm

I actually first posted here around late winter early spring 2004 when I was still just 16 years old (almost 17). I commented about the 2004 election back in the day a bit as well. Now I am turning 31 years old in just a couple days!

When I joined last year (March 2017), I was 17 years and 8 months old.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/12/18 at 11:18 pm

Cat

Yeah my mom says she went gray young too, she's always colored her hair and still does. She still has quite thick hair at 69 years old however. My dad is graying at 65 years old but not too bad for being a 65 year old man. He's pretty bald at this point but still has something on top at least.  ;D Me at 31 years old, I have basically totally black slightly receding hair line though there's a couple gray hairs if I look close. Still not sure if I'll go gray or bald first.  ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 05/12/18 at 11:22 pm

It's weird you're so new still tbh. You almost seem like you been around for a little while to me in a way.  ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/12/18 at 11:25 pm

It's weird you're so new still tbh. You almost seem like you been around for a little while to me in a way.  ;D

I wouldn't call being here for over a year to be "new". However, since you've been here for 14 years, I guess that's relatively new compared to you ;D.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/12/18 at 11:26 pm

I wouldn't call being here for over a year to be "new". However, since you've been here for 14 years, I guess that's relatively new compared to you ;D.

Yeah it's all relative like everything. I mean 2017 is obviously so recent compared to 2004.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/13/18 at 7:49 am

when I joined about 17 years ago I was in my late 20's.

Written By: Howard on 05/13/18 at 7:50 am

Yeah my mom says she went gray young too, she's always colored her hair and still does. She still has quite thick hair at 69 years old however. My dad is graying at 65 years old but not too bad for being a 65 year old man. He's pretty bald at this point but still has something on top at least.  ;D Me at 31 years old, I have basically totally black slightly receding hair line though there's a couple gray hairs if I look close. Still not sure if I'll go gray or bald first.  ;D

My Mother has some gray hair, My Father is gray and balding and I'm gray on both sides of my head and balding on top.

Check for new replies or respond here...