inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is your favorite decade or era for cars?

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/12/18 at 10:29 am

What is your favorite decade or era for cars in terms of design?

Myself, late 1950s through early 1960s. My favorite car of all time I would say is a '57 Chevy Bel Air.

Subject: Re: What is your favorite decade or era for cars?

Written By: mqg96 on 05/12/18 at 10:47 am

40's-50's-60's

90's & 00's

It's too hard, but I would group the 40's through 60's together then group the 90's and 00's together. Let me focus on the 90's and 00's era tho. The Honda Accords and Civics from the 90's and 00's have great designs (despite what ppl say) and AGE very well with strong engines. Ford F-150's and F-250's are cool, but Ford Rangers from the 90's and 00's are the DOPE pick up trucks. I used to have a 2002 Ford Ranger XLT, I totally miss it. The 90's and 00's had the Volkswagen Beetle comeback. Toyota Camry's are cool. Nissan Altimas and Maximas are amazing. But who could forget the Chevrolet Corvettes or Camaros from this era!? Ford Mustangs! I wish Honda didn't stop making Preludes, those were underrated. Kia Kia Kia KIA! This era also had Pontiacs and Saturns which I miss a lot. My experience with 40's, 50's & 60's cars are through my grandparents (and their friends), collecting automobile magazines as a kid, and through hot wheels cars. I always loved the way those were designed. Cars were still good in the early 70's but later in the 70's the design dropped off and the designs started looking lame AF, and then the 80's was a complete disaster with ugly designs (but I know why). Throughout the 2010's cars have just looked the same, they are cooler when it comes to the inside of it, the technology and the mechanics more than ever before, but the designs just have a generic futuristic look. Nothing special IMO.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/12/18 at 11:06 am

I’m pretty sure we’ve had thread topics like this before. Anyways, my favorite eras for cars was the 1950s, 1970s, & 1980s.

Especially the 70s with many of the classic muscle cars from that era 8). That was definitely the pinnacle for muscle cars. I also loved a lot of the minivans, convertibles and station wagons from that era.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/12/18 at 11:08 am

I’m pretty sure we’ve had thread topics like this before. Anyways, my favorite eras for cars was the 1950s, 1970s, & 1980s.

Especially the 70s with many of the classic muscle cars from that era 8). That was definitely the pinnacle for muscle cars. I also loved a lot of the minivans, convertibles and station wagons from that era.

Why do you like the 80's too?

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/12/18 at 11:34 am

80s-mid 90s are the last era of cars before they became shapeless blobs.

Written By: loki 13 on 05/12/18 at 2:19 pm

What is your favorite decade or era for cars in terms of design?

Myself, late 1950s through early 1960s. My favorite car of all time I would say is a '57 Chevy Bel Air.

You answered for me.

Even though I am a Ford guy I think the '57 Chevy is the best looking car ever built. My other favorite cars are the '67 GTO and,
knowing I'll get ridiculed, the Ford Edsel.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/12/18 at 3:33 pm

The 1950s to mid 1990s, in general.

I like the classic cars of the 1950s and 1970s.

I like the muscle cars of the late '60s and '70s.

I like the sports and luxury cars of the 1980s to mid '90s.

Cars have become too bland (for the most part) since the late '90s.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/13/18 at 1:56 am

'50s will always be the best cars tbh. There's just something about those '50s era cars that is just special compared to other eras.

Written By: ofkx on 05/13/18 at 2:10 pm

I love the designs cars had in '60s and '70s, and the futuristic look a lot of cars have nowadays is pretty cool. But I HATE the '90s and the '00s. They're just so bland and lame, with no real innovation.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/13/18 at 2:28 pm

I love the designs cars had in '60s and '70s, and the futuristic look a lot of cars have nowadays is pretty cool. But I HATE the '90s and the '00s. They're just so bland and lame, with no real innovation.

I agree with you on the 2000s and some parts of the '90s.

However, most cars nowadays are too futuristic looking for my tastes. I do like some cars of today but overall....not really.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 05/13/18 at 6:52 pm

I absolutely love designs from the 20's, 50's and 70's, but my favorite would have be cars designed in the 60's. I love the boxy yet sleek look they have. Anything after the 70's looks too smooth and boring for my taste. 

Check for new replies or respond here...