inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why are you a member of Inthe00s?

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/13/18 at 4:30 pm

A good portion of this board is all about nostalgia, even nostalgia for decades the posters never lived in.
The question for everyone is, why are you here? Why does the past interest you? Why does the pop culture of the past interest you?

For myself, it has always been a journey of trying to understand people I've never met (by which I mean dead relatives who died before I was born) by understanding the times in which they lived. I also have aesthetic likings in various periods, but I mainly use past decades and past pop culture to try to understand the people and the world that existed before I did, and I try to keep up with the ever changing modern day through this forum too.

What about you? :)

Subject: Re: Why are you a member of Inthe00s?

Written By: ofkx on 05/13/18 at 4:33 pm

Your reason is a lot deeper than mine lol. I just like comparing different decades with each other.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/13/18 at 4:34 pm

Because it is there!

Written By: Wobo on 05/13/18 at 4:35 pm

Alot of good positivity for the 2010s here well some.

Written By: Howard on 05/14/18 at 5:43 am

Why? Cause I like chatting with other members from all around the globe.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/14/18 at 10:58 am

It's a mixture of both, but TBH, I became a member of this site because I saw people on this site who interested me and who I wanted to interact with. Half of those folks are hardly on this site now, but as months went on I've gotten to know people on this site who have been on here for a decade while I've gotten to know newcomers who've gotten on here as well. I remember, the first year I was on this site throughout 2015-16 there were people on here I just ignored, but now I talk to them. I also invited some of my other friends from other forums on here towards the beginning.

Anyone who knows me, I'm open to ANY discussion as long as it's positive or not too harsh. I hardly make threads on this site, and when I do I try my best to make sure it's interesting and try to make it appealing to everybody. I like to discuss things from the past and present, but I mainly focus on the 90's to present. It doesn't matter what time period it's from. It can be polls about your favorite activities, it can be politics or breaking news related discussions, what's trending in the sports or celebrity world, nostalgic things we grew up with, etc. My biggest pet peeve are those with a douche attitude or a bitchy attitude unless it's reasonable, then I'll stand as corrected. I'm not gonna be nice to everyone on here because I don't try to please everybody, but If you're kind to me, then I'll be kind back.

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/14/18 at 11:43 am

Anyone who knows me, I'm open to ANY discussion as long as it's positive or not too harsh. I hardly make threads on this site, and when I do I try my best to make sure it's interesting and try to make it appealing to everybody. I like to discuss things from the past and present, but I mainly focus on the 90's to present.

1+

I'm a member ultimately due to nostalgia of my era. Portions of the 90s, and 2000s to be specific. I don't mind talking about other ish to though. Also, I could spend all day on InThe00s and I wouldn't feel like I'm wasting my life away, where's most other sites do just that. Its unhealthy.

This site is my home page. Haha

Written By: Dundee on 05/15/18 at 4:17 am

Thought this site was exclusive to noughties nostalgia by the name of it so I joined

Subject: Why are you a member of Inthe00s?

Written By: Dude111 on 05/15/18 at 4:22 am

I love it here which is Y im a member :)

Written By: Howard on 05/15/18 at 7:18 am

I like to vent out my problems and feelings to others are able to listen.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/15/18 at 4:40 pm

I stumbled upon this site many moons ago looking for a song and stayed. I stayed at first because I thought it was really interesting. There were a lot of interesting threads just about every subject you could think of. There were also a lot of playfulness and it felt like a really good community.

Then things started getting tense and the fun seemed to wear off and there was an exodus from the board and things quieted down. Now, we have a new crop of members and things have picked up again.

I am disappointment that there really isn't a lot of stimulating topics out there. There are too many "____ Years Ago" threads, too many, "Songs from (pick a year)," too many "divide the decade" threads, etc. etc. I hope that people can start coming up with more interesting topics to converse about.

Oh, and I still come here because it really is a habit and I will probably keep coming here until this site (or me) ceases to exist.

Cat

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/15/18 at 5:26 pm

I was nostalgic for the 2000s when I joined. I had kinda been lurking before then though.

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/15/18 at 6:23 pm

I joined because Cat kept reading political comments from others that I disagreed with, but she wouldn't post my responses (not that she disagreed with me) and told me to join and speak for myself.  So I did.  I must say that "back in the day" the pop cultural threads were more interesting.  But it was, and is, the political/religious stuff that really attracts my interest.

I am disappointment that there really isn't a lot of stimulating topics out there. There are too many "____ Years Ago" threads, too many, "Songs from (pick a year)," too many "divide the decade" threads, etc. etc. I hope that people can start coming up with more interesting topics to converse about.
Cat

And I totally agree with this.  These kinds of comparisons etc are meaningless, which does not mean that discussing the past is meaningless, but there needs to be some focus .  Music, politics, race relations, international affairs of the past?  Maybe Chucky should create a new board/sub board

Written By: d90 on 05/15/18 at 9:56 pm

I joined because I like reading about the past and 90s and early to mid 00s nostalgia.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/15/18 at 10:07 pm

And I totally agree with this.  These kinds of comparisons etc are meaningless, which does not mean that discussing the past is meaningless, but there needs to be some focus .  Music, politics, race relations, international affairs of the past?  Maybe Chucky should create a new board/sub board

I love discussing music, but I'm not the biggest fan of discussing politics, beliefs or race relations. Now I do discuss it sometimes when I feel comfortable. One thing I can't stand is the whole conservative vs liberal debates. From my personal experiences and background there's no way I can be completely one of the two. There's so many things out there that didn't need to be political but in America we made it political. For example, the school shootings that occurred in Florida earlier in the year. It's common sense that after awhile there needed to be better gun control, but instead the NRA started coming in then we made it into this whole "BAN ALL GUNS" vs. "KEEP ALL RIFLES" and all this other crap. It was about what's best for keeping the lives of kids in their schools safe, because all parents, regardless of their views or beliefs, would always have a problem with their kids being in a school that gets shot up period. I could also use many other examples that this country ended up making too much bigger than it actually was but this is not the right area for that. I'll save that for another time.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/15/18 at 10:11 pm

Because I've been here a long time and I'm used to it.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/16/18 at 3:12 pm

I stumbled upon this site many moons ago looking for a song and stayed. I stayed at first because I thought it was really interesting. There were a lot of interesting threads just about every subject you could think of. There were also a lot of playfulness and it felt like a really good community.

Then things started getting tense and the fun seemed to wear off and there was an exodus from the board and things quieted down. Now, we have a new crop of members and things have picked up again.

Oh, and I still come here because it really is a habit and I will probably keep coming here until this site (or me) ceases to exist.

Cat

I agree on this one. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/16/18 at 3:13 pm

I've been here 17 years.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/16/18 at 3:54 pm

It becomes second nature for us?

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/16/18 at 4:24 pm

I've been here 17 years.

It’s pretty weird yet amazing that you’ve been on here longer than my entire life.  :o

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 05/16/18 at 4:52 pm

I've been here 17 years.

How come it says that you registered on April 21, 2004?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/16/18 at 4:53 pm

He was a member here on the original board before the crash.

Written By: Wobo on 05/16/18 at 4:55 pm

There was an original board of this site before it crashed that's why you see pre-2004 threads on the archives.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/16/18 at 6:54 pm

You will see that it says that I registered on the same day. Chucky also. But, if you go into the archives, you can see posts that were written before that date.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 05/17/18 at 5:30 am

He was a member here on the original board before the crash.

people had to re-register with the boards when the crash was over.

Written By: karen on 05/17/18 at 4:24 pm

You will see that it says that I registered on the same day. Chucky also. But, if you go into the archives, you can see posts that were written before that date.

Cat

Me too, or maybe the next day because of time differences.

I can't remember when I joined the boards.  I was aware of an early incarnation before October 1998 - I went on maternity leave then and changed jobs and I know where I was working when I read about the boards. I just can't recall if I also posted on them.

I still come here once or twice a day.  I've just realised I don't post as much as I used to.  I don't feel the connection with a lot of posters on here as I used to with others that have left so there isn't the day to day 'chat' that there used to be.  I'm getting old and the newbies are so young!

Written By: meesa on 05/17/18 at 4:57 pm

Nostalgia, mostly. I like to read other people's points of view on things that happened in the past or films, music, etc. At one time, before FB, Twitter, etc, internet forums were the thing. I like that on a forum people talk TO each other not AT everyone that reads it. Discussion, instead of "This is what I ate today." "This is what I wore today." "Take this quiz to find out your spirit animal." Etc, etc. I think it's nice to see younger people getting interested and posting.

I can tell you this: there is more actual discussion on this page in one day than I can see on other 'social media' in months or more. This and reddit are the places that I visit.

Written By: Howard on 05/18/18 at 8:03 am

It gives me something to do for a few hours and I enjoy chatting with others and getting their views on certain discussions.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/19/18 at 10:56 am

Because InThe00s is good!
More than good!

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/19/18 at 12:09 pm

I'm a member of inthe00s because when I went to this website, there was a button that said "Register". So I clicked it and I put in my information, and that is why I am a member of inthe00s.

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/19/18 at 12:45 pm

I'm a member of inthe00s because when I went to this website, there was a button that said "Register". So I clicked it and I put in my information, and that is why I am a member of inthe00s.

Be real. You like nostalgia to. Hahaha

Written By: mqg96 on 05/19/18 at 1:00 pm

I love your sarcasm on here lol, I've gotten to know your personality so much better here over the past month or so instead of just thinking of you as kitty girl who's only into smiles and rainbows.

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/19/18 at 2:29 pm

I love your sarcasm on here lol, I've gotten to know your personality so much better here over the past month or so instead of just thinking of you as kitty girl who's only into smiles and rainbows.

That's what you thought of me at first?  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/19/18 at 2:30 pm

Be real. You like nostalgia to. Hahaha

Nah, cause I like talking about pop culture.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/19/18 at 3:35 pm

More than good!

How about awesome! :)

Written By: Howard on 05/19/18 at 3:36 pm

Nah, cause I like talking about pop culture.  ;)

same here.

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/19/18 at 5:27 pm

That's literally what I used to see her as.

Some avatars can sum you up without you realizing.

Written By: deloresthegreat on 05/19/18 at 10:45 pm

As one of the younger people on this site (though I've met people born in 2004,) I'd like a chance to share my perspective!  I've been reading this site for about a year, but I finally had a chance to register recently when I celebrated my thirteenth birthday earlier this year.  I've always liked reading about pop culture throughout a number of different decades, and this site is the type that I've dreamed of for a long time but only just found :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/20/18 at 10:10 am

You read more here than you coming a newspaper.

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/20/18 at 11:39 am

There seems to have been a spike in new members recently.  :o

Written By: Howard on 05/20/18 at 1:03 pm

The rapport around the boards.

Written By: whistledog on 05/21/18 at 3:10 am

I joined almost 13 years ago to discuss 80s music.  That doesn't happen as much anymore, so I don't visit as much as I used to, but I still show up here and there to help keep order and throw in my nickel (i can't throw in two cents because pennies are no longer in circulation in Canada)

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/21/18 at 10:58 am

Cat

Its kind of becoming a pet peeve for me that there are users that just feel the need to post in EVERY thread or the majority. Like why? They don't realize they aren't adding anything to it.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/02/18 at 11:09 pm

I don't remember.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/03/18 at 9:25 am

You try escaping from it!

Written By: Howard on 06/03/18 at 2:37 pm

I first joined here on October 22nd, 2017.

The community here is relatable and it feels like home.

I first joined early 2001.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/03/18 at 9:32 pm

I joined because I like talking about nostagla. I been nostaglic about my childhood since 2010, I remember the "life as an early 2000s kid thread from 2011" and since then I been visiting this site on certain occasions, but it was in 2017 when I became addicted to this site. but I had a hard time signing up. In early 2018 I joined popedia which I found out through reading a thread from Sharksfan99. I joined popedia and noticed that there were a few members from here so everyone keeps "asking me why haven't you joined?" I told them "because of the whole writing a certain word on screen crap" and the opposite is east question. Thankfully Rainbow helped me joined while I was doing my 2nd popedia stream back in  April and since then I felt like home on this site.

Written By: Howard on 06/04/18 at 5:53 am

I joined because I like talking about nostagla. I been nostaglic about my childhood since 2010, I remember the "life as an early 2000s kid thread from 2011" and since then I been visiting this site on certain occasions, but it was in 2017 when I became addicted to this site. but I had a hard time signing up. In early 2018 I joined popedia which I found out through reading a thread from Sharksfan99. I joined popedia and noticed that there were a few members from here so everyone keeps "asking me why haven't you joined?" I told them "because of the whole writing a certain word on screen crap" and the opposite is east question. Thankfully Rainbow helped me joined while I was doing my 2nd popedia stream back in  April and since then I felt like home on this site.

I too, enjoy discussing nostalgia. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...