inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who was your oldest teacher in school?

Written By: d90 on 05/15/18 at 9:59 pm

My oldest teacher in elementary school was born in 1942
My oldest college teacher was born in 1938.
My mom's oldest teacher was born in the 1890s.

Subject: Re: Who was your oldest teacher in school?

Written By: mqg96 on 05/15/18 at 10:17 pm

Had to be my Kindergarten teachers. I don't remember when they were born but they were definitely very late 40's or 50's at the time I had them. All of them been retired for a while now. Most of my 6th grade teachers are retired too but my Kindergarten teachers were probably born before them. Now here's a cool story, I just finished C++ programming class this past semester, and barely pulled a B out of the class. My C++ teacher was very old, so old that on her Syllabus she said that she's been teaching all languages of programming since 1964, which is insane!!!! That's 2 years before my dad was born! I was shocked that she was still active as she was as a professor. She could have retired years ago but she doesn't want to, she been enjoying what she does for years. She has to be born between the late 30's or early 40's that's for sure.

Written By: d90 on 05/15/18 at 10:27 pm

Had to be my Kindergarten teachers. I don't remember when they were born but they were definitely very late 40's or 50's at the time I had them. All of them been retired for a while now. Most of my 6th grade teachers are retired too but my Kindergarten teachers were probably born before them. Now here's a cool story, I just finished C++ programming class this past semester, and barely pulled a B out of the class. My C++ teacher was very old, so old that on her Syllabus she said that she's been teaching all languages of programming since 1964, which is insane!!!! That's 2 years before my dad was born! I was shocked that she was still active as she was as a professor. She could have retired years ago but she doesn't want to, she been enjoying what she does for years. She has to be born between the late 30's or early 40's that's for sure.

I bet your C++ teacher learned how to program punch cards.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/15/18 at 10:36 pm

I remember my first grade teacher used to say that she was "39", I actually sort of believed it as a 6 year old what did I know. But my mom always laughed when I said she said she told us she was "39" and said oh she's way older probably mid or late 50s. So if she was that age then umm, this was 1993 so she was probably born around 1936 or 1937 and would be over 80 years old now. It's scary to realize how old she is now actually, man the passage of time is freaky. Another teacher I had in 9th grade, she was umm probably around 65-70 years old then, and this was in 2001 so umm geez she could be about 85 now.  Man that's crazy to think.  :o She probably was one of the oldest teachers I had but I'm not totally sure if she was the oldest.

Written By: nally on 05/15/18 at 11:29 pm

When I was in highschool, I know there were some teachers who were at least 60 or 70 at the time, and I think one or two of them may have taught a class that I took. Can't say for sure, though.

Written By: Howard on 05/16/18 at 3:11 pm

The oldest teacher I had must've been in her 60's or 70's.

Written By: nally on 05/16/18 at 5:52 pm

The oldest teacher I had must've been in her 60's or 70's.

By the way, I did have some college professors who were at least that old.

Check for new replies or respond here...