inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When did the "modern era" begin in your opinion?

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/27/18 at 8:24 am

I would say the modern era began in 1957 when the first satellite went into space, but what about you?

Subject: Re: When did the "modern era" begin in your opinion?

Written By: mqg96 on 05/27/18 at 8:57 am

After WWII ended.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 05/27/18 at 10:06 am

Post-WWII is definitely modern, although you could also make the case for post-WWI being modern.
The 1920s are often regarded as "the first modern decade", as that's when automobiles, telephones, and radio were now a standard, when there was a rise in consumerism, and when talking films, fast food (White Castle, A&W), sliced bread, and commercial air travel became a thing.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/27/18 at 1:20 pm

The 1990s because of the rise of the internet, cellphones, hip-hop, anime and Big screen Televisions

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/27/18 at 6:31 pm

After WWII ended.

^^^

Written By: Dundee on 05/27/18 at 7:24 pm

Yeah, definitely after WWII, technology just kept doing massive leaps since. Even history books agree with this notion.

Written By: DesiredUsernameWasTaken on 05/27/18 at 7:44 pm

December 26, 1991

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissolution_of_the_Soviet_Union

Written By: ofkx on 05/29/18 at 10:36 am

I think the start of WW2 in 1939 to the end of the space race in 1975 was kind of a transitional era from old to modern. I think the '80s are a lot closer the the '10s technologically than they are to the '40s despite being the same distance apart from each of them.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/29/18 at 11:10 am

I think the start of WW2 in 1939 to the end of the space race in 1975 was kind of a transitional era from old to modern. I think the '80s are a lot closer the the '10s technologically than they are to the '40s despite being the same distance apart from each of them.

I can agree with that.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/29/18 at 12:34 pm

Written By: wixness on 05/29/18 at 3:46 pm

During the 50s, 60s or 70s when guys started wearing their hair long and rock music was born.

Written By: wixness on 05/29/18 at 4:02 pm

I bet the year 3000 how what with current politics  ;D , since some people are trying to (and successfully pushing back) progressive legislation.

Written By: muppethammer26 on 05/29/18 at 4:49 pm

The 2000s, because of 16:9 HDTVs, social media, DVDs/Blu-Rays and MP3 downloads started to become popular during that decade.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/18 at 9:02 am

At the time of the Age of Enlightenment, a range of ideas centred on reason as the primary source of authority and legitimacy and came to advance ideals like liberty, progress, tolerance, fraternity, constitutional government and separation of church and state, starting around 1715.

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/18 at 12:13 pm

At the time of the Age of Enlightenment, a range of ideas centred on reason as the primary source of authority and legitimacy and came to advance ideals like liberty, progress, tolerance, fraternity, constitutional government and separation of church and state, starting around 1715.

I was going to say around 1750 but 1715 works too.

Check for new replies or respond here...